View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 738 of 841 FirstFirst ... 638688728734735736737738739740741742748788838 ... LastLast
Results 18,426 to 18,450 of 21006

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

I don't really settle with one team. I use Absol, Metagross and a little bit of everything else... Though I'm LOVING Mega Gardevoir.
    FC - 4313-0474-2822
    IGN - Noel

Pokegyms League - Eight Badges - Ice, Dragon to go.
    Wi-Fi League - Nine Badges - Dragon and Bug to go.

Gardevoir looks good
    My name is Gregory. You may call me Gregory, Greg, or anything else you want.
    My favorite Pokemon is Zoroark, but only due to it's gimmick and design. It looks amazing and it's super cool in the way they made it.
    I've been here over two years as of May, ayy!
    Top Five Games:
    One) Dragon Age: Origins
    Two) Pokemon Firered Version
    Three) Skyrim
    Four) Titanfall
    Five) Pokemon Black Version

Hmmm. Yeah. My team is actually:
    Totoro (Chesnaught) lv. 51
    Légende (Blastoise (with blastoisinite)) lv. 49
    Louc (Lucario (with lucarionite)) lv. 49
    Meowstic lv. 49
    Lapras (hm Pokemon) lv.43
    Hudsonn [ok. Do not judge me, I just remembered that he loved these] (talonflame) lv. 46

I'm thinking about kicking off lapras and talonflame but what to replace them with? I would like a flying type for sky battles and such so yeah.
    EDIT: I caught a haunter so I'm gonna evolve it into gengar and use the gangarinite or whatever.
    Lapras looks super cool when it's surfing.

On X, I just started this afternoon and I have Frogadier, squeen (@ponymon) the litleo, torchic, and bulbasaur. Yep. Idk it's some stupid team. But eh. I don't like planning teams.
    And I really hate hawlucha.

Also, sub sectors?
    And I added a serebii app box thing to my homepage just under my most used app, so I'll frobabaly be a lot more active. I'm actually only back because ponymon kinda persuaded me but I forgot how fun this is! (^∇^)
    Last edited by Shade2000; 30th October 2013 at 11:00 PM.

I super trained my SP Attack I have 116 Sp attack on a lvl 39 Delphox
    My favorite Pokemon is Zoroark, but only due to it's gimmick and design. It looks amazing and it's super cool in the way they made it.
    Top Five Games:
    Three) Skyrim
    Four) Titanfall

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Hmmm. Yeah. My team is actually:
    Totoro (Chesnaught) lv. 51
    Légende (Blastoise (with blastoisinite)) lv. 49
    Louc (Lucario (with lucarionite)) lv. 49
    Meowstic lv. 49
    Lapras (hm Pokemon) lv.43
    Hudsonn [ok. Do not judge me, I just remembered that he loved these] (talonflame) lv. 46

I'm thinking about kicking off lapras and talonflame but what to replace them with? I would like a flying type for sky battles and such so yeah.
    EDIT: I caught a haunter so I'm gonna evolve it into gengar and use the gangarinite or whatever.
    Lapras looks super cool when it's surfing.

On X, I just started this afternoon and I have Frogadier, squeen (@ponymon) the litleo, torchic, and bulbasaur. Yep. Idk it's some stupid team. But eh. I don't like planning teams.
    And I really hate hawlucha.

Also, sub sectors?
    And I added a serebii app box thing to my homepage just under my most used app, so I'll frobabaly be a lot more active. I'm actually only back because ponymon kinda persuaded me but I forgot how fun this is! (^∇^)

Yes! Shade is back! I missed youuuuu! It's too bad Klink is at college. Well bad for us but good for him.

And tbh, it just about made my life that you named Talonflame "Hudsonn"
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

sorry again or the late replies, im only really able to check this thread twice a day, and their are pages of activity in between, anyway.

yes the separate guild ideas for art, battling, and training are really good, setting challenges and things to move up. possibly, we could have some form of userbar or badge in peoples sigs so that others in the clan know who to go for if they have any questions, etc.
    Leader of The Hoenn Triangle's

Yeah. I use my female one as a special attacker. It's quite good. It can also take lots of hits. Both physical and special.
    I was battling ponymon today and her Pokemon are about 20 levels higher than mine, and my meowstic took three crunches from her mega blastoise before fainting.
    I use charge beam a lot because it's like the only move in my party to counter fairy types..... Yeah. And signal beam is very good. But would you recommend psyshock or psychic? Right now she has psychic but is psyshock better?
    Mine currently has Psyshock but to be honest, it really depends on the opponent, so I will probably change to Psychic as it has more power. Anyway, I rarely use Psyshock as that's not Meowstic's job in my team.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

I dropped Skrelp for Gengar.
    Top Five Games:
    Three) Skyrim
    Four) Titanfall

Yeah. Um what was that ninja was talking about and can someone fill me in on these sub-divisions snivy mentioned earlier.
    I have been away for a while so thanks.

Yeah. Um what was that ninja was talking about and can someone fill me in on these sub-divisions snivy mentioned earlier.
    Here you have a summary:
    Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    As for the guild revamp, I like the idea of the 3 sectors being Land/Sea/Sky, but I wasn't thinking of that. Staying in our sectors, but then joining another sector to improve and hone our skills. You could start as a novice, and as you (for example), win battles via competitive, or breed a certain Pokemon with an egg move, or design some art, you could rank up. Each sub-sector could have achievements, which you could earn by doing certain things (for example, winning 10 battles with a competitive team, breeding for a shiny or designing a good piece of art) and these you have to unlock to reach the next rank (perhaps like Skyrim's ranks- Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Expert, Master and Legendary). If you become a master in a sector, go do another one! Like that. That way, you can do all 3 and we don't have to worry about crowding in a specific sector.
    More questions, snivy is the best guy to explain in more detail but the main idea is having some subgroups like the "Breeder", "Trainer", etc that were here before, but with some more acitivity potential.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

The idea was to work on our strong points- breeding and art - whilst also having a focus on competitive. We're not the best competitive clan. As far as I know we haven't won many, if any, wars, due to us not being competitive. But every clan is competitive. So I figured we'd be different and focus on breeding, art and competitive. To do this, we'd have 3 sub-sectors for breeding, art and competitive (I think using the Regis as our banners, or whatever). Each would have 5 ranks- Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Expert and Master. I thought these could be userbars or something, like Eevee said. You start at Novice without doing anything, but to get to Apprentice you have to complete 'challenges'. I can't give Art examples, because I have no idea how that works. But say for competitive, for example, you'd have to win 10 battles on either PO, PS or Wifi. With proof maybe (like a video, or a link to the battle). There'd probably be 2 challenges to reach Apprentice, 3 for Adept, 4 for Expert and 5 for Master. With those complete, you can call yourself a master Breeder/Artist/Battler, and try something else. I'd have more details closer to the time should we make them.

I've found a Dusk Stone in Terminus Cave. Caught Xerneas, it has a Relaxed Nature so I swept Lysandre with it because I was bored.

Anyway, planning a monotype in Y, because I'm not sure what I want to do after X. I'll lay my options below:

Dragon: Dragalge, Goodra, Salamence, Haxorus, Dragonite, Druddigon/Tyrantrum/Flygon/Garchomp
    Fighting: Chesnaught, Lucario, Medicham, Hawlucha, Pangoro, Poliwrath
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 31st October 2013 at 11:02 AM.

i think for battling, coming up with a new synergy/gimmick combo would be an awesome challenge for like expert-master

That's an idea. Then reaching top of a ladder could be a challenge as well- maybe Adept-Expert or Expert-Master.

What would each sub-sector do? I think for competitive we should have a weekly question, like "what do you think is the best lead for (insert tier)?", and people who want to answer it can answer it. Breeders can chat about their recent hatched Pokémon, and Artists could show off their art.

Yeah. I use my female one as a special attacker. It's quite good. It can also take lots of hits. Both physical and special.
    I was battling ponymon today and her Pokemon are about 20 levels higher than mine, and my meowstic took three crunches from her mega blastoise before fainting.
    I use charge beam a lot because it's like the only move in my party to counter fairy types..... Yeah. And signal beam is very good. But would you recommend psyshock or psychic? Right now she has psychic but is psyshock better?
    It wasn't Crunch it was Strength. And it wasn't Mega.

We should have a weekly 6th Gen shiny hunt for breeders and a thing for artists like making art in a particular format eg userbars, badges, banners. What I don't know is how we decide who gets to manage each sub-sector. Wouldn't it be easier if everyone started on the same rank and when there are masters they can choose challenges, but before there are we set challenges for each rank which don't change?
    Last edited by Ponymon; 31st October 2013 at 12:42 PM.
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

I suppose. Or we choose 3 people to manage each area, look after it, and are already somewhat experienced at their sub-sector (like I've bred tons of Pokémon before, and I obviously do competitive), whilst completing challenges themselves. So everyone takes part, but we have 3 leaders to manage each bit. I like the idea of a weekly 6th gen shiny hunt, and the art bit sounds good. I think we have this roughly sorted out!

Well, hopefully by tonight I should have beaten Wulfric, and then I can go to Victory Road!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 31st October 2013 at 3:13 PM.

i could do some sort of breeding/training
    im not super experienced but i have an idea of how they work, which quite alot of people, especially the new players dont

Which is the point of the whole sub-sectors - you learn something and improve your skills. I can see breeding being harder to do if you're still playing the game, but post game, when you have everything, it's easy.

So are we up for this? We'd need banners, a whole new page(s) to be done so people know about it, and then to assign leaders for each area, and to set the challenges. Other than that it should be done. Breeders can set a weekly objective, like a shiny hunt. Competitive can run like a POTW thing, or a weekly question. Artists can have competitions using certain criteria in their work.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 31st October 2013 at 5:50 PM.

do you think we need alot of banners? i think 1 banner for the main post for that sector is good, but maybe we could have badges for people to put in their signatures, i think that could be fun. for example, we could have a certain symbol for each sector, with a coloured ribbon around it for every rank. if you cant picture it:
    http://www.ezimba.com/work/131101C/e...7711043100.png
    the main circle containing the sector symbol, with the ribbon going across, bearing the colour that represents the rank

That could work. So a badge for your signature if you succeed in either Novice/Apprentice/Adept/Expert/Master in the sector. Nice. I like it.

So how are we going to do this?

If anyone has a timid natured Pokemon with Synchronize, could you trade me it pretty please? I've spent 6 hours in the Friend Safari looking for one today.
    FC - 4313-0474-2822
    IGN - Noel

Nope man, sorry. I have a Timid Delphox, which I could breed eventually (post game) with another Psychic type with Synchronise, like an Abra or a Ralts maybe. With the Everstone I could then get Timid Abra/Ralts.

EDIT: Delphox could breed with an Espeon, which I could get as a Timid Eevee if it's female, and then from there make it happy to evolve into Espeon, with Synchronise.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 31st October 2013 at 6:19 PM.

I need the timid Pokemon to start the breeding process. Would be counter-productive for you to breed it for me, lol.
    FC - 4313-0474-2822
    IGN - Noel

I guess so. I haven't beaten the League yet though. I'm stuck in Terminus Cave, trying to find Shadow Ball and Brick Break TMs,

Um yeah it sounds cool! I think that would work, but it would be a lot of effort.
    I could be head of art, although I haven't made anything for ages, since my computer died but I have my parents laptop, which have better programs.
    I had a long car journey today and I beat the psychic gym, I swept her with my meowstic. 2HKO'd sigilith and slowking and OHKO'd her meowstic. I told you meowstic was awesome.
    @ponymon, it wasn't mega, but it was Definately crunch.
    Oh and I caught yvetal and it's super qt. it's dark/flying and oblivion wing is awesome.

Blastoise can't learn Crunch.

I was thinking about who'd run which area. We'd need people with experience in each area. So Shade, you'd do well running Art. Just need Competitive and Breeding now.

Page 738 of 841 FirstFirst ... 638688728734735736737738739740741742748788838 ... LastLast