View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 753 of 854 FirstFirst ... 653703743749750751752753754755756757763803853 ... LastLast
Results 18,801 to 18,825 of 21347

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Just realised that. Damn. Anyway, these are the 2 EV sets:

128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 SpD with Assault Vest and Rock Slide
    160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpD with Leftovers and Swords Dance

Both are pretty good, avoiding the OHKO from Gengar/Mega Gengar/Rotom- W/Aegislash, who it checks for Talonflame. Talonflame then beats Skarmory and Ferrothorn.

I'd put Rock Slide anyway instead of Shadow Claw. Earthquake is also SE on Aegislash and Gengar and with Shadow Claw, Aegi KOes you because you'll be hindered by a King's Shield and KOed next turn with Sacred Sword while failing the OHKO on its Shield Form.

Apart of that, both are viable sets and depend if you want him as a sweeper or a wall. I'd go for the sweeper because I believe Tyranitar does the wall job a lot better.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Shadow Claw if for Trevenant and Gourgeist. Aegislash and Gengar are beaten with EQ. I'm still unsure really. I think Assault Vest is a cool idea though, just for tanking power. But Leftovers do have their good points.

I'm going with the Leftovers EVs. It avoids an 0HKO from any Rotom/Gengar/Aegislash and 0HKOes back with EQ, even on bulky Bold Rotom. It's a 2HKO I think. Leftovers will increase longevity and means Excadrill can set up, actually posing a threat to walls like Skarmory. So my team is:

Excalimole (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
    Mold Breaker
    EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Rapid Spin
    - Shadow Claw
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 20th November 2013 at 8:23 PM.

Has anyone tried out Mega Pinsir? It's absolutely amazing this meta with great coverage (flying + bug) and its massive SR weakness is compensated with the Defog buff.

Pinsir@Pinsirite
    EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    Trait: Hyper Cutter
    - X Scissor
    - Return
    - Quick Attack
    - Swords Dance

Ok first thing's first: ability. We dont wanna run moxie because Mega Pinsir is the one killing stuff and we're not aiming to use standard Pinsir. Hyper Cutter is a good choice as it prevents Intimidate users to weaken it's sweep. With Aerilate, it's normal type moves become flying type and gets about a 1.95x boost. Return and X Scissor are primary STABS while Quick attack is a powerful priority attack. SD is standard for a physical sweeper.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Has anyone tried out Mega Pinsir? It's absolutely amazing this meta with great coverage (flying + bug) and its massive SR weakness is compensated with the Defog buff.

Pinsir@Pinsirite
    EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    Trait: Hyper Cutter
    - X Scissor
    - Return
    - Quick Attack
    - Swords Dance

Ok first thing's first: ability. We dont wanna run moxie because Mega Pinsir is the one killing stuff and we're not aiming to use standard Pinsir. Hyper Cutter is a good choice as it prevents Intimidate users to weaken it's sweep. With Aerilate, it's normal type moves become flying type and gets about a 1.95x boost. Return and X Scissor are primary STABS while Quick attack is a powerful priority attack. SD is standard for a physical sweeper.
    Surely one could use Mega Pinsir as a revenge killer- have Pinsir kill something off, get to +1 with Moxie, Mega Evolve and then sweep ****. I never finished my WiFi team- 2 members so far (I'll post them in a second). I'll be starting HG today.

Spoiler:- WiFi team:

On 2 separate notes- 1) I'm going to be playins SSBB quite a bit now and 2) I'll be playing a Necromancer in Skyrim.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 21st November 2013 at 6:52 PM.

I haven't been online for ages .-.

Is there anyone whose FC I haven't added? I really want more FSes. Also I bought Y a few weeks ago and now I have 4 badges, team is Meowstic (Adamant nature, fully EVd in S.Atk and Spd), Greninja, (Mega) Aerodactyl, Floette (which I have the stone to evolve) and Doublade (which I can also evolve). I think for my last team member I'll use Goomy. I found a Gible that I might've used but it was modest so I didn't use it.
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

Welp, I restarted. I'm doing a Wonderlocke run this time, and my team is Froakie/Flabebe/Minccino/Klefki. Klefki is unusable right now since it's level 37 and won't obey me, but I was lucky to get a Jolly Minccino. It has Technician over Skill Link though, which is too bad.

Have you guys heard about the leaked new mons? They look pretty cool!
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

new mons? like DLC stuff?

I haven't heard. Are they the Volcanion/Diance/Hoopa thing? Because they look awful.

Anyway, might redo my team. I had a great idea for a VoltTurn team last night (I think). It would've been Rotom- W / Scizor / Noivern, and it could potentially work. Not too sure though. I don't think my Talonflame team will work, so I'll scrap that. I need a good core, something which works great together. Tyranitar/Gourgeist/Florges is a great defensive core, but I need an offensive one. Blaziken and Mega Gengar will soon be banned, so no point in using them. Rotom- W/Scizor is a good core which still seems to work. But I think i'll stick with Standard Sand team. Tyranitar is still badass, getting Stealth Rock and stuff like that, and he's a good check to Mega Gengar. So yeah.

Skyrim Necromancer:
    Race: Breton
    Skills: Conjuration, Heavy Armor, Restoration, Destruction, Alteration, Smithing, Enchanting (One Handed and Block)
    Equipment: Full Ebony/Orcish Armor, Bound Sword

That's basically it. Play it as a tankish character- tank hits for your zombies whilst they ressurect, killing stuff if need be with Destruction and One Handed. Looks interesting to do.

Feel like restarting Emerald (but I don't think I have my Emerald game on me, so that might be hard to do). My team shall be Blaziken, Gardevoir, Ludicolo, Manectric, Flygon and Absol. Looks like a good team. I've beaten Falkner in HG, and my team is Quilava, Mareep and Zubat so far.

I have HG, Pearl, Platinum, X and Y on me to play on. So my team options are:

HG: Typhlosion, Ampharos, Crobat, Politoed, Heracross and Ursuring
    Y: Chesnaught, Blaizken, Poliwrath, Pangoro, Medicham and Hawlucha (Fighting monotype)
    Pearl: Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Drapion, Garchomp and Abomasnow

I like these teams. I think I'll have to start all of them!
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 23rd November 2013 at 4:43 PM.

I think Justin was talking about how the hacker was hacking legendaries into the game.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Playing Skyrim as I write this, I'm a level 17 Bosmer and i'm doing the quest where you have to translate Gallas' journal, I just started it and I am heading for Winterhold now. I haven't played any Pokemon lately, I started a gae and planned to have two Pokemon, Greninja and Charizard and now I don't really want to play through the first gym. Also, AC is starting to lure me back in with multiplayer and the upcoming singleplayer DLC where you play as your first mate, Abe(Abb-A.) The ending of AC4 got me pumped up for a possoble Ezio'ing, where they'll make more games based off of the character. I've also been watching Stephenplays LP of Skyrim from the beginning( I started watching originally at around episode 200.) I am currently on episode 70 after about a week, because I have been grounded. I plan onusing my current Skyrim character for a long time, which is something I can never do because i most of the time get bored with a character or something really shi**y happens like one time I was playing two characters and I had it set up like this: Every character gets one save and autosave is for the last character I played as. And I was doing the quest were you get Eduj and I lost my Mehrune's Razor due to disarm. Also in Skyrim, I am gonna do the thing where you become the Guildmaster after doing all the radiant Delvin quests. After finishing that I am gonna head over to 'The Aretino Residence.' Also, when I do start playing Pokemon again, what Pokemon should I use, with my current team only being a Froakie, and I am going to pick up Charmander. Anyways that was long thanks for reading it,... if you did.
    Last edited by GregoryZoroark; 23rd November 2013 at 6:14 PM. Reason: Grammar error
    My name is Gregory. You may call me Gregory, Greg, or anything else you want.
    My favorite Pokemon is (obviously) Zoroark.
    I am really inactive, and I apologize for that.
    Been on these forums for almost three years now. Wow...

That was a very long post Gregory :P- Skyrim is a great game, and the issue of restarting a lot you have is called Restartitis, a disease which no amount of Cure Disease potions or Shrine praying can seem to cure. It happens to the best of us. Seems you're doing the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests (or will be). How are you playing your character (e.g. how are you murdering ****?)?

Well, I think I might have to start my Y monotype. I'm very excited. If anyone has either a) a Medichamite or b) a Poliwag you can breed, I'd be very happy.

I'll be making my Sand team. It won't be around Mega Tyranitar, because I think there're better Mega's to use. I'm considering either an Assault Vest set or a Leftovers set.

I did the training thing with Faendal and now I'm like a lone wolf who yes, kills, yet I get detected sometimes
    Also has anyone done a wonderlocke challenge yet?

Sounds interesting. So do you use Archery at all? If your doing the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood I'd assume you'd use Sneak, and Sneak + Archery = OP (literally, it can one shot some dragons with the right equipment). I don't recommend over doing it, as then the game gets dull.

I haven't tried a Wondercloke, and I doubt I will. I'll stick to my monotype.

I do use Archery, it's all I use in fact, I don't care if your in full Dragonplate Armor with an enchanted Dragonbone Warhammer, I'll still put arrows in your face from less then a foot away.

Yup, that's where it's at. I personally prefer the 30x Backstab approach- wearing no armor, if you fail you die, if you succeed you're rewarded with one dead opponent and a badass killcam. I love it on my Dunmer assassin. I'm wearing the Jester's Outfit (as I cannot be bothered to kill Cicero). I have the Blade of Woe and an Ebony Dagger- the Ebony Dagger fits better with Dunmer lore, so I might ditch the BoW. I have the DB sanctuary all nice and sorted, so it's a basically free house of sorts. Later in the game I might use the Nightingale Armor instead of my current attire (you'll get it in the next few Thieves Guild quests). Well, maybe the Hood, alongside the DB Gloves (for my 30x backstabs) and some Destruction robes (and Jester's boots).

Which set is better for TTar- Assault Vest or Leftovers? AV lets TTar tank hits easily from stuff like Latios (Draco Meteor from Specs Latios is a 4HKO with AV) whilst Leftovers give TTar recovery and Stealth Rock, as I think for a Specially bulky set, I might as well have it set up hazards.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast

I decided to run the Leftovers set, mainly because I can set up Stealth Rock with TTar that way. If I want to change the set to an Assault Vest one or maybe a DD set, then I will do so later. But for now Tyranitar starts off my team, acting as a counter for Pokemon like Talonflame, who is so far ravaging the metagame. The EVs let TTar check most Specially offensive Pokemon, especially with Sand up. Gengar and things like that will have to rely on a shaky Focus Blast in order to deal any proper damage. Stealth Rock is the main entry hazard that's used, because it hits everything for some damage. Crunch is one of the STABs- I never seem to use Pursuit that often, so I figured the power increase of Crunch would be beneficial. Stone Edge is the secondary STAB, hitting things that resist Crunch painfully hard. Fire Blast is an almost surprising move- most sets you see in Gen 6 so far don't use it, but Scizor/Forretress/Genesect/Aegislash/Bisharp don't like taking it to the face.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 23rd November 2013 at 6:58 PM.

I've played through all the factions multiple times, so I know how the storylines go, and I was planning on using the Nightingale as soon as I get it, and then save Cicero for the hillarious post DB dialogue ("Oohhh... Cicero's heard about the Butcher. Interesting knifework. Just... Stab, stab, stab, stab, stab! And then... Stab, stab, stab, stab, stab!")
    Also I would go with LO for TTar.

Life Orb? Why? I ended up with Leftovers for now- I can go from there afterwards.

Tyranitar acts as a tank, not part of my main offensive core I've yet to think up. I was thinking about using a core with Excadrill, but what?

I didn't know you've played Skyrim before- I was treating you like a new player. My apologies. But I never really had a reason to use the Nightingale Armor- none of my characters ever really used Illusion or Lockpicking (a pure Thief character is fun- don't fight anyone, just steal from them ).

Oh I was thinking LeftOvers, haha.
    Anyways I played through it first about a year ago at a friends house. I love TDB... I bought Oblivion to play through the absolutely incredible DB questline. Anyways, it has been a long time since I used the NG armor and i thought it was like TG armor x100. Haha, I have wanted to use an illusion/assassin, but not this playthrough.

I'm doing one now. Muffle stacking onto Sneak enhanced gear is just amazing, one shot hits with a dagger, with the chance of dying due to having no armor rating, keeps the game interesting. I've been reading the Skulduggery Pleasant books, and the character Lord Vile (a necromancer) is what's inspiring my own character. Vile had a set of armor he wore which enhanced his abilities. I want to recreate that with Ebony Armor (the runes/sigils/markings on it look amazing- better than Daedric). Necromancers live on death, so i might create that with a Dragon hunter, feeding on Dragon Souls to keep himself alive. A decent backstory actually. Maybe be a vampire to recreate immortality...

Well, we're on the same page with the Leftovers, which is cool. I need an offensive core, and then something to fill up the spaces. I think that could work.

I like making my backstory up as I go along. Adding onto my backstory that I keep in my head as I make choices. Also, I was thinking about the one where you cast inviibility, walk into a big group, cast a giant chaos spell and watch everyone kill each and then kill everyone who survives.

I like the shout Become Ethereal + Mass Paralysis. Suddenly everyone's down on the ground, hapless whilst you destroy them all! I've never done it, but it could be interesting. If my Necromancer had to have a backstory, it'd be that he was a powerful wizard, who killed many Dragons during the Dragon wars. His hunger for power led him to making strange experiments, eventually giving him the power of the Voice, but forcing him to need Dragon Souls to survive. After Alduin was sent back in time, the Necromancer was frozen, only to be awoken when dragons would return... cool eh? I could write these all day...

Anyway, off to find some teammates for this Sand team. Tyranitar is weak to Fighting, Bug, Fairy, Water, Grass, Steel and Ground. His main counters are Chesnaught, Excadrill, Garchomp, Genesect, Hippowdon, Lucario, Mega Lucario, Mega Scizor, Scizor and Zygarde.

That's a great backstory, Snivy!

I would use a poison type next, like Wheezing, to cover your fairy weakness

Yeah, Poison would also resist Grass, Fighting and Bug, but would add another Ground weakness. I won't use Weezing because I don't like Weezing. And a Poison type does not help much against stuff like Hippowdon and Excadrill. But Gengar could work, being immune to Earthquake (except Mold Breaker Excadrill). It could use Mega evolution to check Fairy Pokemon, Fighting types and things like Hippowdon, who doesn't like taking Shadow Balls. Gengar + Dragon core is always nice- Gengar traps Fairies, Dragon beats nearly everything else. Psychic, Ghost and Dark are all checked by TTar as well (Ground is an issue though should I run Mega Gengar).

Page 753 of 854 FirstFirst ... 653703743749750751752753754755756757763803853 ... LastLast