View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 754 of 858 FirstFirst ... 654704744750751752753754755756757758764804854 ... LastLast
Results 18,826 to 18,850 of 21442

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

OMG I need better sneak....
    Also, I think Gengar is good, because then you'll have have a Sp Att'er also, I would pick up a really high speed sweeper next, like (this isnt a good example) persian
    My name is Gregory. You may call me Gregory, Greg, or anything else you want.
    My favorite Pokemon is (obviously) Zoroark.
    I am really inactive, and I apologize for that.
    Been on these forums for almost three years now. Wow...

TTar is mixed. That's my only Pokemon so far. TyraniGeist is a good core (TTar + Gourgesit) but I'd like to make my own stuff, so I don't think I will use them. The only viable Poison types are Venusaur, Tentacruel, Scolipede (in a way), Gengar and maybe Drapion. Tentacruel resists nearly all of TTar's weaknesses, but makes my team not very offensive. Venusuar doesn't make my team very offensive either. Scolipede is more of a Baton passer with Speed Boost and Swords Dance, and Drapion isn't really an option. I like the idea of Gengar, but since Mega Gengar will be banned soon, I won't mega evolve it. Still, Gengar is a big threat (maybe Scarf Gengar, to outspeed Togekiss and Azumarill lol).

Okay. haha,

Yup. How're you doing in X/Y?

I think THT needs a tourney. Maybe a monotype one.

I havent played it since I started a new save a few days ago

Ah, I see. Sounds interesting. The team you said was Greninja and Charizard right?

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt / Destiny Bond

Gengar makes it as my second team member, going with a full out attacking set. Shadow Ball is the main STAB, hitting basically everything except Dark and Normal types for neutral damage. Sludge Bomb is the secondary STAB, nailing the Grass and Fairy Pokemon in the tier for some damage. Focus Blast is there for the Dark and Normal types, hitting both for Super Effective damage. Thunderbolt is there for Gyarados/Azumarill/Togekiss, as even though they're hit with Sludge Bomb neutrally, Thunderbolt is super effective on them. Destiny Bond may be used when Gengar is weak, to bring down certain threats on my opponents team.

Yeah, Greninja and Charizard, maybe even Honedge and Digersby, bbecause I've heard Diggersby is a BAMF.

Huge Power Diggersby is. That's it's hidden ability. Huge Power Diggersby is like Azumarill- 2 powerful STABs, with priority (Earthquake/Return/Quick Attack compared to Play Rough/Waterfall/Aqua Jet) alongside possibly one coverage move (no idea what it is on Diggersby- but it's Ice Punch on Azumarill).

Okay, I'm gonna call my Aegislash lydai becasue Shes my sword and my shield

Just got my looooong awaited Fennekin after a lot of eggs
    IV's are xx/xx/31/31/xx/31. Not great but I want it as a scarfer so they're workable.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Nice one!

Gengar doesn't really help my team at the moment, so for now I won't use him. Skarmory seems to counter most of Tyranitar's threats- Lucario/Mega Lucario, Scizor, Excadrill, Chesnaught and Zygarde are all checked by it. But I'm cautious in adding it, because I don't want to have a defensive team. But TTar + Skarmory is a pretty good core- Fairy, Bug, Grass and Ground are checked by Skarmory, whilst TTar checks Fire and can tank an Electric hit. Plus, Skarmory can set up entry hazards, meaning TTar can run Assault Vest.

@ Fire Hero, well done! The IVs lean towards Delphox's main stats, so it's not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Just got my looooong awaited Fennekin after a lot of eggs
    IV's are xx/xx/31/31/xx/31. Not great but I want it as a scarfer so they're workable.

Great Job!!!!! MM for a shiny Hawlucha now. I think we should do a Color Tourney
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Fire Hero, that is amazing, I really like the shiny Fennekin, i want a shiny Fennekin... Aftergame Fennekin is gonna be the Pokesl** I guess xD

I've been testing my future team on showdown. Gengar is so fun to deal with loool They had the bad idea of always bringing Gengar against an EQ user. So as soon as it Mega Evolves... ups, Earthquake! Since the speed isn't the Mega one on the first turn it's quite "easy" to deal with. Especially since I've been getting a lot of Modest ones instead of Timids.

Also been funny to use Ninetales with Overheat and Power Swap. It's one very good ragequitting combo :P The best was against a Cloyster. First turn Shell Smash and Will-o-Wisp. Second turn, I think I would have KOed with Overheat but I went for Power Swap. Cloyster did another Shell Smash to make up for the burn and in the end Cloyster had NO attack bonuses and -4 Defenses, and Ninetales had +4 Attacks. He immediately RQed xD

June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Sounds interesting. TTar + Skarmory seems like a decent core, what do you think? Just need to deal with Fighting, Water and Electric to deal with. Mega Lucario will rip my team to itty bitty pieces as well, as Skarmory is 2HKOed. Gengar could then work, as it's a decent check to Lucario (if it comes in on CC maybe). I don't know. Do I go with Skarmory as my second member of my team?

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Gengar could then work, as it's a decent check to Lucario (if it comes in on CC maybe).
    Can't really see how you'd be OHKOing Lucario and Lucario 2HKOes with Bullet Punch. If you don't come in as a Mega, then Lucario outspeeds you and KOes without even needing Bullet Punch. So I'd think about something else for that.

Yeah, Mega Lucario has no counters. Skarmory is a check, but is countered by Mega Lucario. So that doesn't work. I don't know. I need an offensive team- I don't want to go semi-stall. I could instead use Hippowdon instead of TTar- the Hippo checks Mega Lucario (doesn't counter it), but has good Physical bulk and reliable recovery. It's just not very offensive. So:

Do I use Tyranitar or Hippowdon?

Actually I'm pretty sure Hippo can OHKO Lucario with EQ... as long as it avoids the 2HKO from Close Combat of course.

But how much does an Adaptability Lucario with Close Combat do to Hippowdon? Is it a 2HKO? Can Hippowdon take a hit and then beat Lucario, recover HP with Slack Off to tank hits later on?

Is it a bit late too join what with x and y and all because I LOVE HOENN! It is awesome!!
    Last edited by SuperShinyInfernape; 23rd November 2013 at 9:11 PM.

Don't know :/ Hippo is very bulky but Adaptability CC from 145 Attack is just insane. As insane as a sun boosted, Solar Powered, STAB Fire Blast from Mega Houndoom's 140 SpA (not being bias, not being bias *-*)

Have you thought about Aegi? Comes in on CC, takes no damage. Grab a King's Shield to put Luke at -2 and as it fails to KO with Crunch, you KO with Sacred Sword. Could work...

Hmm... maybe. Could work. I think I'll stick with TTar- I won't stick with Skarmory though due to it's lack of offensive pressure. That Mega Lucario is an issue though. Aegislash is weak to Fire, Ground, Ghost and Dark. 3/4 weaknesses TTar resists, and the 4th they share. Aegislash resists Fighting, Bug, Fairy, Grass and Steel, and is neutral to Water and weak to Ground. So it could work. I'm not sure. What are usually good teammates with TTar?

I hate Sand teams so I don't know xD But Sand Rush and Sand Force Pokémon are commonly used (Mega Garchomp in sand, scary!)

Excadrill could work. It resists Bug, Fairy and Steel, but shares Fighting, Water and Ground weaknesses. I think most Sand teams include Excadrill. Garchomp is another choice, as you said. I don't know though. I think Rotom- W and Skarmory are 2 decent choices for the team. In fact, Skarmory + Tyranitar + Rotom- W is pretty good, leaving only Fighting as a weakness of the 3 so far.

However, I think I might go back to Scizor/Rotom- W core, because those 2 are badass, and I don't know anyone whose using these in X and Y together. I should note this will be for Pokebank OU, because Scizor needs Superpower! So it'd be Baned Scizor and maybe Scarf Rotom with Trick.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 23rd November 2013 at 10:18 PM.

Excadrill is pretty real if you ask me.

Page 754 of 858 FirstFirst ... 654704744750751752753754755756757758764804854 ... LastLast