View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 759 of 864 FirstFirst ... 659709749755756757758759760761762763769809859 ... LastLast
Results 18,951 to 18,975 of 21588

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Best way to get a shiny is to MM. Random encounters will take you ages unless you're really lucky.

@Phoenix: I have several IV bred Joltiks (most of them not perfect or only with 3 or 4 IVs), so I can trade you one.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Actually, the encounter rate for shinies is much higher in the Friend Safari the outside of it.

Yeah Friend Safari is the way to go. I got a shiny Abra in 138 Encounters and it had 31 IVs in SpA Speed and HP!
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Woah, that's crazy lucky to get not only a shiny, but a shiny with perfect IVs in not two but three of the right stats!!

I'm EV training an adamant Scyther now for my wonderlocke.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Woah, that's crazy lucky to get not only a shiny, but a shiny with perfect IVs in not two but three of the right stats!!

I'm EV training an adamant Scyther now for my wonderlocke.
    I was so happy! I have an adamant Technician Scyther
    The main star of my team has to be my Flawless Superpower Aqua Jet Adament Azumarill! It rocks!
    Latest Shiny!

I'm gonna need to train an Azumarill at some point. Postgame, though, gotta finish this wonderlocke first.

Literally the only pokemon I have that can learn Surf is a poor natured Dratini :/

That sucks! :/

Well I found out that the Hawlucha I used has 0 IVs in attack
    That's fine for in game but not competitive
    Latest Shiny!

Oh god, that's terrible XD

Maybe you can make it a Specs Hawlucha. You know, like the pros.

Oh god, that's terrible XD

Maybe you can make it a Specs Hawlucha. You know, like the pros.
    I'm probably just gonna MM for one with good IVs, good nature, and shiny Hawlucha is my favorite 6th gen shiny.

What's a nature that's + SpD and - SpA? And does anyone have a Sychronize pokemon with that nature?
    Latest Shiny!

Played lots of Pokemon X today. I went from Lumiose City this morning all the way up until Cyllage City. I'm currently training before I take on Grant for my second badge.
    Team:

Charmeleon lvl 22
    Espurr lvl 21
    Pancham lvl 21
    Slurpuff lvl 19
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

To those who offered me a joltik, how about the first one to leave me a message on my vistor page i will trade with. I'll be on all night
    Double battles

Can someone help me evolve my Scyther? I finished EV training him and want the steel typing.

Edit: Someone helped me, he's a super nifty Scizor now. Although I am missing the STAB on Wing Attack...
    Last edited by poix_the_yak; 3rd December 2013 at 3:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalt View Post
    What's a nature that's + SpD and - SpA? And does anyone have a Sychronize pokemon with that nature?
    Pretty sure that nature would be Sassy.

Scizor > Scyther
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

You shoulda seen STAB Technician Wing Attack though... pretty freakin good.

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Pretty sure that nature would be Sassy.
    Nope, Careful.

And I think Scizor is slightly better. Less weaknesses, Priority STAB further boosted by Technician, no weakness to Stealth Rock and better defensive typing. Scyther has a weakness to Stealth Rock, 5 weaknesses, no priority STAB (but it does get Quick Attack) and rubbish defensive typing. Better offensive typing though (well, until gen 6). And Aerial Ace > Wing Attack.

Anyway, I have 2 team members for my team so far: Greninja and Trevenant. I need a third member, which provides good resistances to Bug and stuff. A Fire type, to make F/W/G. But what Fire type? Volcarona? Talonflame? Charizard? Funny how all 3 are weak to Stealth Rock x4. Hmm... Heatran? I don't really know or mind which ones I use.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 3rd December 2013 at 5:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Anyway, I have 2 team members for my team so far: Greninja and Trevenant. I need a third member, which provides good resistances to Bug and stuff. A Fire type, to make F/W/G. But what Fire type? Volcarona? Talonflame? Charizard? Funny how all 3 are weak to Stealth Rock x4. Hmm... Heatran? I don't really know or mind which ones I use.
    What about Blaziken? Neutral to Stealth Rock, and does high amount of damage
    Double battles

HOLY **** GUYS. I need to train a kingdra.

Here's why. (I guess I should warn ahead of time that its /vp/ but I don't know if you care)

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Nope, Careful.

And I think Scizor is slightly better. Less weaknesses, Priority STAB further boosted by Technician, no weakness to Stealth Rock and better defensive typing. Scyther has a weakness to Stealth Rock, 5 weaknesses, no priority STAB (but it does get Quick Attack) and rubbish defensive typing. Better offensive typing though (well, until gen 6). And Aerial Ace > Wing Attack.

Heatran is a solid choice. Provides a nice defensive backbone and provides hazards. Doesn't really mind SR that much as well.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

HOLY **** GUYS. I need to train a kingdra.

Here's why. (I guess I should warn ahead of time that its /vp/ but I don't know if you care)
    Kingdra requires a turn of setup, in which a good check/counter can be switched in. Azumarill now walls Kingdra unless it has HP Grass/Electric/Poison/any neutral move, and that won't do much (well, maybe with a crit, but I don't know). 85 Speed is good but not good enough. It's a gimmicky idea, but could work. I'd never use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixShad0w13 View Post
    What about Blaziken? Neutral to Stealth Rock, and does high amount of damage
    I think Blaziken is banned in OU. I'm not 100% sure. It probably is.

Smogon have banned Blaziken in OU. I think Mega Gengar is banned on Showdown. I see no big enough reason to ban either. Azumarill counters Blaziken and Chesnaught counters Mega Gengar.
    FC - 4313-0474-2822
    IGN - Noel

Pokegyms League - Eight Badges - Ice, Dragon to go.
    Wi-Fi League - Nine Badges - Dragon and Bug to go.

Priority beats Mega Gengar. Blaziken is banned because SD + Substitute + Speed Boost + Baton Pass = OP.

Well, I gave up on that team idea. I don't know why. I'll start afresh with Aegislash. I personally prefer the Leftovers King Shield + 3 Attacks mixed set. What works well with Aegislash though as an offensive partner? Aegislash is meant to be played offensively, so I think Stealth Rock is important. Mandibuzz is an issue, as is Hippowdon (sort of). Azumarill is also an annoyance, and some other Fairy types.

En-Garde (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
    Stance Change
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
    Quiet Nature
    - Kings Shield
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sacred Sword
    - Shadow Sneak
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 4th December 2013 at 9:36 PM.

Don't know why Mega Gengar got banned... They usually switch them into Venusaur only to get an EQ right after Mega evolving xD lol

Smogon sucks, I'll use whatever I want as long as VGC and Battle Spot allow it.

@Snivy, why max SpA and then get only one special move? Go with Flash Cannon over Shadow Sneak (because you may need Secret Sword for coverage) or just max out the attack and use Shadow Ball as a surprise.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Listen, guys. The reason Blaziken and Mega Gengar are banned aren't because they have no counters, they obviously do. The only problem is that this forces people to use these specific counters on all of their teams or else get trashed by Blaziken and Mengar. Their existence in OU would create a tier with little variety and Talonflames and Mengar counters on every single team for fear of being swept.

And Snivy
    Last edited by poix_the_yak; 4th December 2013 at 11:42 PM.

what the hell. focus energy + sniper :O
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    I don't think it is a flop. I think the Pokémon are cool, the PSS is great, way easier than the pal pad thing and with the ability to battle/trade with passerby trainers, and they brought back one of the most successful things on DPP, the Pokéradar. Right now, I finished the game 6 days ago and I still haven't caught Zygarde or Mewtwo... There are still lots of things to do, although not as much as in DPP with the Battle Frontier.

I just defeated Nita in the Battle Maison. Very easy for a "boss". I will now start the Super Single Challenge to really push my team into its limits and see its flaws to help me pick my other 3.

And I think I'll try chaining for a Shiny Bagon *-* They say it's easier than before to find shinies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vailkor View Post
    I have 115 hours on a game that cost me $40. That means that as of right now, this game has cost me about 33 cents an hour. Even if I only invested 20 hours into beating the game, that's $2 an hour for entertainment. Calling it a flop for lack of end game content is a little over dramatic.

I still stand by my point. Too short and Easy to beat... I would sure hate to see if I actually tried to take it serious... Way to short and easy. Is my final word on the 6th gen game, boring. I guess I would still need it, so I can play against friends in the 6th gen world, I just wish I could get a game that was long a hard like gold/silver or ruby/sapphire. Harder legends to catch and better battles or at least better than what x/y offered...

Now enough of that. Here is some things I'm looking for really hard.

DW Kanto starters
    DW Ditto with a jolly or adamant natures please.
    Vivillon in a Marine Pattern and Jungle Pattern.

Also finally caught a DW chansey, pain in the butt pokemon. Either I kill it or it heals it's self. Never again will I go hunting without a pokemon knowing a sleeping move or thunder wave... Every one have a good upcoming holidays. Happy Hunting
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector

Credit goes to sworn metalhead of dćdric design

[Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

Page 759 of 864 FirstFirst ... 659709749755756757758759760761762763769809859 ... LastLast