View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 760 of 889 FirstFirst ... 660710750756757758759760761762763764770810860 ... LastLast
Results 18,976 to 19,000 of 22201

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

If it was too easy for you, then you'e just not making it challenging enough for yourself. Gamefreak is in no way obligated to make it challenging. If you want some challenge do something like a level cap for each gym.

This might actually be my favorite pokemon game ever, at the moment. But god do I hate your four ****ing friends in it.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    If it was too easy for you, then you'e just not making it challenging enough for yourself. Gamefreak is in no way obligated to make it challenging. If you want some challenge do something like a level cap for each gym.

This might actually be my favorite pokemon game ever, at the moment. But god do I hate your four ****ing friends in it.
    The friends are annoying!! Does anyone have a careful Synchronize pokemon?
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

What I mean is, B/W II gave you a way to make it harder. I shouldn't have to put limits on myself, where is the fun in that? Plus what is up with all the pokemon in the gyms not being fully evol. or whatever? I really hate it when B/W and X/Y limited most of their gyms and Elites to the new pokemon. You should use the old guys too.

I mean for X/Y an electric gym would be, Pikachu, magnemite, and a joltic...

When it should be like this.

Pikachu, Magneton, and Electabuzz

But if it's a higher up gym, like say 4 or onward...

Raichu, Mageton, and Electivire (holding magnet or expert belt)

Now that would be nice, would it kill for them to hold items or at least have their big ace holding an item to up the challenge. I mean in red and blue, I had to spend a good while leveling up to just take on brock if I had charamander, though the other two starters made it eaiser, but not perfect. Those were the good old days. In X/Y I had my tyrantrum was lv 68, my Charizard was lv.66 and my tentacruel was lv.69 before the last gym... and I wasn't even trying to level up that quick. I stuggled slightly, and I mean slightly on the elite four since I wasn't use to some of the new pokes, but at least in B/W I had to retry once. B/W is the only pokemon game I ever had to retry once to beat the elite four and zero retires on the gyms. While X/Y, zero retires on either... That says something when in 4th backwords, I had to al east retry min. 3 times on the elite four and a few times on certain gyms. Now you can't ignore that.

Anyways, to get back to the topic at hand. Who thinks wonder trades and over traded over the GTS is going to blank out when Pokémon Bank is up and running? My dex is about complete on B/W, so for this gen, very little pokes I need ^^; I hope this won't be the case.
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector

Credit goes to sworn metalhead of dćdric design

[Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalt View Post
    The friends are annoying!! Does anyone have a careful Synchronize pokemon?
    i may be able to get you one real quick. Ralts work?
    Double battles

One thing I really disliked (but honestly didn't notice all that much) was how not a single non-story trainer had over 4 (3?) pokemon on their team.

I think I'm gonna train an exploud once I finish this wonderlocke.

@Skyler
    What about that Magikarp trainer haha. But I agree. Him, Diantha and post-game Serena/Calem are the only characters to have a full 6v6 battle.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixShad0w13 View Post
    i may be able to get you one real quick. Ralts work?
    Yeah doesn't matter I just need one! Haha. I'm GMT -4. So VM or PM me when u are around!
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

I've decided I want to start Y up again. I'll probably go for a rotation team- I was very over levelled in X, so if I trained a bigger team it'd be balanced and all. Plus there's more than 6 Pokémon I'd like to use. This'll probably be subject to change, like everything is.

Anyway, I'll be remaking a team to use both online and on Showdown. I really should settle on one idea... aw well. Anyway, going to use an Aegislash + Hydreigon core, and it works really well. Just need a Mandibuzz + Azumarill counter, and we're good to go. Rotom- W works well- a bulky variant might stand a chance of beating Azumarill, who otherwise destroys me so far (bar Aegislash, who's my second go-to Azumarill check).

Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Stance Change
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Brave Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Kings Shield
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naďve Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - Superpower
    - Roost

Rotom- W @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Will 'O Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Pain Split / Hidden Power {Ice}

The EVs on Rotom let it outspeed Adamant Excadrill who run Mold Breaker, and lets me burn them. Which is nice, but I might go for a Modest set, with a bit more bulk. I'll see how the rest of the team comes out. Ice is resisted again, Ground is resisted again, Fire is resisted again. Grass is resisted. All's good. I need hazards now. And my team is quite specially offensive. Might add Mamoswine as my Stealth Rock lead. It works alright. I could also run Landorus Therian, who checks Hippowdon, Terrakion, Excadrill and Mandibuzz rather well, but doesn't help against Azumarill. It sets up Stealth Rocks and has U- Turn. 2 weaknesses I already sort out. I could run it as a 4th member, but I need an Azumarill check. Gourgiest works OK, as does Mega Venusaur (who I won't use). If I go Landorus Therian, I'll change Rotom's set to a Physically Defensive one to combat Azumarill. So lets say I go Landorus- T + Rotom- W. So far so good. I need a Spinner now, and a last member which holds it together. Best Spinners are Blastoise, Excadrill, Hitmontop (sort of), Starmie, Donphan and Forretress. None of which really help. I don't want 2 Ground types. So unless I switched out Landorus for Excadrill, and gain a spinner, and use a different Pokémon later on.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 5th December 2013 at 8:40 PM.

In general (This isn't aimed at your team Snivy), is Kings Shield necessary on Aegislash? I saw Smogon's OU usage stats for November and something like 90% of Aegislash had Kings Shield. I feel like I'd rather just run SD + 3 attacks...

It is because with Aegi's speed you'd run SD + 1 attack. Then you'd be KOed because you'd be unable to switch back to Shield Form. And 50 base Defenses are easy prey for about anything.

The only viable way to drop King's Shield is to run Autotomize because that'd make up for the speed and you'd be vulnerable only to priority (which you happen to have access to also).

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

In general (This isn't aimed at your team Snivy), is Kings Shield necessary on Aegislash? I saw Smogon's OU usage stats for November and something like 90% of Aegislash had Kings Shield. I feel like I'd rather just run SD + 3 attacks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    It is because with Aegi's speed you'd run SD + 1 attack. Then you'd be KOed because you'd be unable to switch back to Shield Form. And 50 base Defenses are easy prey for about anything.

The only viable way to drop King's Shield is to run Autotomize because that'd make up for the speed and you'd be vulnerable only to priority (which you happen to have access to also).
    That basically covers it. It makes Aegislash able to become an offensive pivot, continuously switching between Shield and Sword form. It lowers your attack by -2, which is good. I think a mixed set wouldn't require KS, because mixed Aegis is a wallbreaker. But SD + KS is an offensive pivot.

Anyway, I need hazards, a spinner and a last Pokémon. I'd say Forretress would be OK, but I'd rather use something else. Landorus- T/Mamoswine/Smeargle as hazard users. Some sort of spinner. I'll probably go Excadrill + Smeargle, and find a 6th Pokémon (with a resistance to Fighting). Maybe a Fairy type, or a Psychic type. Maybe a Flying type. So many options. Tbh, I'm not sure about Excadrill + Smeargle. I'd like a Pokémon which can repeatedly set up hazards, not just once in a match. I'll keep it for now. I know Excadrill (on Showdown) can set up Stealth Rock, but I think it wastes offensive potential. I'd rather use Landorus- T + something else (Landorus + Hitmontop?) which would be pretty cool. I'd need a 6th Pokémon as well then.

Landorus + Hitmontop - Ice and Water (Water resisted by Hydreigon and Rotom- W, Ice resisted by Aegislash and Rotom- W), Hitmontop- Fairy, Flying, Psychic (Fairy resisted by Aegislash, Flying resisted by Aegislash and Rotom- W, Psychic resisted by Aegislash and Hydreigon). Hitmontop resists Dark for Aegislash. Landorus is a decent Excadrill check, which would otherwise be a potential issue. Lando provides Stealth Rock and a decent core with Hitmontop- Physical and Special threats are neutralised (with Hitmontop + Assault Vest). Rotom- W might still run a defensive set for Azumarill. Still pretty offensive. Hitmontop can beat Terrakion and also potentially beat Excadrill. Intimidate pressures Azumarill, especially with U- Turn from Landorus. So yeah. I need a Special attacking Pokémon now. A bit too offensive on the Physical side. Keldeo is definitely a threat. Celebi might be worth a shot. Weak to Dark, Ghost, Fire, Flying, Bug, Poison and Ice (Dark resisted by Hitmontop and Hydreigon, Ghost resisted by Hydreigon, Fire resisted by Hydreigon and Rotom- W, Flying resisted by Aegislash and Rotom- W, Bug resisted by Aegislash, Landorus and Hitmontop, Poison resisted by Aegislash and Landorus and Ice is resisted by Aegislash and Rotom- W). Celebi checks Keldeo pretty well. Aegislash and Talonflame are 2 huge checks to Celebi- Aegislash is handled by Hydreigon, Landorus and Hitmontop (to an extent). Talonflame is sorted by Rotom- W and if need be Landorus (with Intimidate). So yeah. I'd probably run a standard Special set.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Stance Change
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Brave Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Kings Shield
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naďve Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - Superpower
    - Roost

Rotom- W @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Will 'O Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Pain Split

Landorus Therian @ Leftovers
    Intimidate
    EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
    Naďve Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - U- Turn
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power {ice}

Hitmontop @ Assault Vest
    Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - High Jump Kick
    - Sucker Punch
    - Earthquake

Celebi @ Life Orb
    Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Earth Power
    - Recover

I'm planning my Y team. Not sure who I want to use. I feel like doing a Kanto run in Kalos (where I use a team of 6 Kanto Pokémon in Kalos).

Kanto runthrough options:
    Charizard X, Raichu, Alakazam, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Pinsir, Gyarados, Blastoise, Venusaur, Butterfree, Machamp, Kabutops, Omastar, Jolteon or Vaporeon
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 6th December 2013 at 11:05 PM.

YOU GUYS OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I FOUND MY FIRST SHINY

It's a Relicanth, I got it from chain fishing, and get this - IT'S JOLLY AND HAS ROCK HEAD

I'M SO ****ING HAPPY, CAN'T WAIT TO TRAIN THIS THING

SEE ITS REAL
    Last edited by poix_the_yak; 7th December 2013 at 4:46 AM.

YOU GUYS OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I FOUND MY FIRST SHINY

It's a Relicanth, I got it from chain fishing, and get this - IT'S JOLLY AND HAS ROCK HEAD

I'M SO ****ING HAPPY, CAN'T WAIT TO TRAIN THIS THING

SEE ITS REAL
    Nice. My first shiny was a Spinda back on Emerald. For Gen 6, though, it's a wingull i found in a hoard.
    Double battles

wish i was as lucky with shinies. my only EVER shinies were:

Ratatta - gold (emulator!!!) - in the building on the first route of the game
    Trapinch - Fake emerald - deleted itself after i beat the E4
    Sandile - Black2 - i dont like shiny sandile :'(

arent i lucky :!

Most definitely. A shiny is still a shiny no matter what.

Anyway, going to test my team for Showdown. After a few matches, I find I'm not using Hitmontop very much, as 1) no one sets up hazards and 2) Hitmontop has no recovery, which hampers it defensive potential. I'm going to try Excadrill + Smeargle instead of Landorus + Hitmontop, and see what happens.

EDIT: I'm going to make another team for wifi and stuff. I need a few teams to use, and I have the one I made today still, so I don't lose anything. I'm considering creating a 5th gen Weather tournament, where combatants must use weather in their teams and stuff like that, instead of the monotype tournament. You aren't forced to do this tournament.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 7th December 2013 at 3:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    wish i was as lucky with shinies. my only EVER shinies were:

Ratatta - gold (emulator!!!) - in the building on the first route of the game
    Trapinch - Fake emerald - deleted itself after i beat the E4
    Sandile - Black2 - i dont like shiny sandile :'(

arent i lucky :!
    Uh, yeah you are ಠ_ಠ I've only caught one

I'm going to be continuing on from an earlier B2 Hoenn run I did before X and Y came out, and I'll also be starting Y again with a different team. What the team will be, I have no idea.

Greninja (Shadow), Talonflame (Fleche), Florges (Petal) Heliolisk (Helios), Dragalge (Alkali) and Trevenant (Cyclops) could be good.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 7th December 2013 at 7:14 PM.

Let's see, Modest or Timid for Joltik's evo? Too lazy to look up name, and bad with spelling
    Double battles

Omg i have never found a shiny in my entire freaking pokemon freaking life omg

-.-

i think im the luckiest ._.

anyways, for the combatants cup, is our name the kickass carrots or the kickass knights
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Username: Never_more0122333
    PO name: Pro Trainer Menma
    Friend Code: It's on my sig.
    Desired Division: Sea Division
    Favourite Pokemon: Swampert
    Referrer: none

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Current Team in Pokemon Y:

3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Omg i have never found a shiny in my entire freaking pokemon freaking life omg

-.-

i think im the luckiest ._.

anyways, for the combatants cup, is our name the kickass carrots or the kickass knights
    The first one obviously :P

Well, I think I'll begin making a team for Showdown. I think I'll make it around Greninja (luck of the draw), so yeah.

Just sent in our team name. Our name is Kickass Carrots and out mascots are Diggersby and Buneary.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Captain's Serebii Username:
    Team Name:
    Primary Mascot:
    Secondary Mascot:

this has to be sent back to kots completed within 72 hours. can whoever is incharge fill this out, and resnd it to me and ill forward the information onto kots, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Just sent in our team name. Our name is Kickass Carrots and out mascots are Diggersby and Buneary.
    The name is half-funny. Still can't understand the hype with "Kickass" but "kickass carrots" actually sounds cool About the mascots... well none from Hoenn, but I guess that carrots need bunnies xD

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

Username:sullibeast
    Desired Job:trainer
    Experience in this positionokemon red - pokemon x
    Why you should get the job: im pretty decent, idk
    Availability: whenever

Page 760 of 889 FirstFirst ... 660710750756757758759760761762763764770810860 ... LastLast