View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 765 of 913 FirstFirst ... 665715755761762763764765766767768769775815865 ... LastLast
Results 19,101 to 19,125 of 22808

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Absol View Post
    DAAAAYUUUUM! I've had legendaries do similar to me...but a SHINY?! *offers box of tissues*
    Honestly I was so mad. I was flipping out that I found it and then I when it killed my pokemon I probably cried.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

That is most definitely annoying. Why only 3 Pokémon though? Unless I read that wrong.

My wifi team so far is doing OK. Mega Venusaur is cool, and Scizor and Rotom are used fairly well. Talonflame wrecks teams, and Smeargle is a cool lead. Not sure what else to do really. I've started Skyrim, with a Wood Elf. She'll be an Archer assassin, wielding dual daggers and a bow. So far she's level 5, and I'm not sure what to do. She won't do the Main Quest- Farangar annoyed her, and so he can wait to receive his stupid Dragonstone. I could do the quest for the Golden Claw for Lucan, but I don't know. Might go back to Riverwood, hear rumours about the DB, do Bleak Falls Barrow, go kill the Dragon, become Dragonborn, but ignore it and start the DB and Thieves Guild. Then I can start Dawnguard I guess, or do a new character. I can make this character a Vampire Lord, and then do a character with the Dawnguard.

Anyway, I feel like playing Mystery Dungeon, or Bakugan on the wii.

EDIT: Flareon learns Flare Blitz! Hell yeah!
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 23rd December 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    That is most definitely annoying. Why only 3 Pokémon though? Unless I read that wrong.

My wifi team so far is doing OK. Mega Venusaur is cool, and Scizor and Rotom are used fairly well. Talonflame wrecks teams, and Smeargle is a cool lead. Not sure what else to do really. I've started Skyrim, with a Wood Elf. She'll be an Archer assassin, wielding dual daggers and a bow. So far she's level 5, and I'm not sure what to do. She won't do the Main Quest- Farangar annoyed her, and so he can wait to receive his stupid Dragonstone. I could do the quest for the Golden Claw for Lucan, but I don't know. Might go back to Riverwood, hear rumours about the DB, do Bleak Falls Barrow, go kill the Dragon, become Dragonborn, but ignore it and start the DB and Thieves Guild. Then I can start Dawnguard I guess, or do a new character. I can make this character a Vampire Lord, and then do a character with the Dawnguard.

Anyway, I feel like playing Mystery Dungeon, or Bakugan on the wii.

EDIT: Flareon learns Flare Blitz! Hell yeah!
    Technically 4 pokemon. I had my synch ralts, Hawlucha, Sylveon, and Greninja. It killed my pokemon with curse. U couldn't attack because my pokemon were like LV 70
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

That is definitely annoying. Sorry about that.

I've got someone to breed me a Charmander and Squirtle, which is cool. I can then do a Kanto only team in Y. Charizard (X), Blastoise, Venusaur and 3 others. So many options- Alakazam, Snorlax, Rhydon, Kangaskhan, Machamp, Jolteon, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Mr Mime, Tauros, Pinsir, Dugtrio, Golem, Gengar, Sandslash, Wigglytuff and Dragonite. So yeah, lots of options.

Thinking for this team I'd use Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Jolteon and Gengar. Maybe I'll do a rotation team with Alakazam, Machamp and Pinsir as subs.

I'm thinking of making a Ubers based off of what we know of the metagame so far. Mega Mewtwo Y, Yveltal, Xerneas, Mega Gengar are all powerful Pokémon in the tier, as basic examples, and I'd like to use a few of them. I'll plan a bit better tomorrow.

I'm not sure what to do for my Bosmer Archer. I'm not feeling the character. I can't roleplay very well, as eating and sleeping just annoy me rather than make me like the game any better. I as intending her to be a Vampire Hunter, but now I'm not so sure. She's an assassin, so helping the Jarl and stuff doesn't suit her. The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are her sort of thing though. I'm thinking of restarting it as a Nord Hunter, like I tried to do earlier on in the game. Screw money, just get married, live somewhere nice and go hunting with a bow and some sort of weapon (like an axe). Maybe live in Whiterun, and live as a Companion (marry Aela, use only a bow and an axe).
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 23rd December 2013 at 11:36 PM.

I'm chaining again! This time it's for a Modest shiny Chatot!

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    I'm chaining again! This time it's for a Modest shiny Chatot!
    Good luck. I might try chaining later, see what I get., or if I do anything.

Well, I restarted my character on Skyrim. Question is, what do I do now?

Hey, guys,

haven't been around here in a while. I'm aiming to get all the Frontier symbols on Emerald right now, starting with the Battle Tower, but it's difficult. Still haven't got a five-round win streak yet.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I'm struggling to think of something to do in Skyrim. I cannot justify my character doing anything at all. I haven't even got a character. It's annoying. I want to do something for Dawnguard and the College of Winterhold, because I haven't finished those 2 factions yet. I was thinking about a Vampire aristocrat. Looks impeccable, suave, intelligent, cruel and completely and utterly ruthless. A proficient necromancer, master of the shadows, knowledgeable mage, cunning warrior, adept assassin. I could do all and every guild quest with this guy! Altmer race, because they look badass with the Vampire face, and they have extra magic. Weapons, a sword (something light, but powerful. The Blades Sword, Scimitar or something like that). Destruction magic is also required (Frost/Shock magic; the Volkihar have a connection to Frost). Sneak, Conjuration, Illusion, Restoration and maybe Alteration, as well as Enchanting.

Meanwhile, I'm planning a Ubers team for Showdown. Not sure what yet, but I'll think of something. I guess step 1 is to pick a Pokemon/core to use. I like Yveltal- the idea of a demon bird thing is badass, and it has cool stats. Choice Scarf is really good, as apparently no one expects it. Steel no longer resists Dark (so now only Dark and Fairy Pokemon resist it, score) which is a bonus. Yveltal has weaknesses to Fairy, Ice, Electric and Rock. But what should my second member be? Should I use Yveltal at all? Or run a different team idea?
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 24th December 2013 at 6:04 PM.

Guys. Specs Machamp is so underrated.

Just throwing that out there.

Specs Machamp? With 65 base Special Attack? It gets Flamethrower/Fire Blast and Focus Blast, but that's it.

Could a core of Mega Gengar + Extremekiller Arceus work as a core? Arceus's checks/counters can be beaten by Gengar (Terrakion locked into Close Combat, Skarmory, Giratina, Lugia, etc). Meanwhile Arceus's only weakness is resisted/immune to by Gengar. Gengar's Ghost weakness is also resisted/immune to by Arceus. Just a Dark and Psychic weakness. But then a wallbreaker could be used to clear those, for Arceus to sweep later. Maybe. I still like Yveltal, just need some good teammates.

Yeah, it makes a nifty set. It also gets Vacuum Wave and HP Dark to deal with ghosts. It absolutely wrecks teams. Plus it gets No Guard!

Scarf Claydol is fantastic as well.
    Last edited by poix_the_yak; 25th December 2013 at 3:26 AM.

Well, I've been failing at the Battle Tower, but my team wasn't properly EV trained - so I'm going to recreate the same team but with proper EVs.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Merry Christmas THT! I hope you all have a fantastic day.

Well, I started Skyrim, with an Altmer Vampire called TheCrimson****r. I'm going to restart the character, but not the race or idea (so just the storyline- I mucked it up a bit, levelling and stuff). Also, I'm not going to become a Vampire straight away- I'll say that my character lost their vampiricness after getting knocked out by the Imperial, and strives to pick up rumours to become a Vampire again. Hates werewolves, so no Companions. Just DB, Thieves Guild, College of Winterhold and Vampire Dawnguard character. I can make a Werewolf character for Dawnguard Vampire Hunter side, Companions, Main Quest and Dragonborn.

Anyway, going to make my Ubers team now. I cannot decide what to make the team around. Mewtwo won a randomiser I did (it was either Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal or Mega Gengar) and so I guess I'l make a team with it. Standard LO Mewtwo, not any of its Mega Evolutions.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
    Pressure
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Psystrike
    - Aura Sphere
    - Ice Beam
    - Fire Blast

Mewtwo was the first ever Uber, and has been there since the beginning. X and Y was the 3rd series of games to let you catch a Mewtwo as well (R/B/Y were the first, G/S/C were the second (HG/SS count here as well- you catch Mewtwo in Kanto post game) and X and Y are the third series). Life Orb Mewtwo hits harder than its Y variant, and possesses a stronger Special attack than MMX. Psystrike is STAB, and deals huge amounts of damage to stuff. Aura Sphere is a Fighting attack, achieving good coverage with it's psychic STAB. Ice Beam nails a bunch of Dragons in the current metagame, and Fire Blast roasts Genesect and Scizor harder than Aura Sphere would do.

Mewtwo fears Genesect and other Choice Scarf users. Aegislash now causes problems with Shadow Sneak, and stuff like that. So I need a Genesect and Aegislash check. Mega Gengar can trap Genesect, but I'm unsure about Aegislash. Shadow Ball is an 0HKO, and Shadow Sneak is a 2HKO. Gengar cannot switch in, but can beat Aegislash 1 v 1. Hmm... not quite good enough.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 25th December 2013 at 3:57 PM.

Anything with access to Foul Play and decent Def can take on Aegislash.
    FC - 4313-0474-2822
    IGN - Noel

Pokegyms League - Eight Badges - Ice, Dragon to go.
    Wi-Fi League - Nine Badges - Dragon and Bug to go.

Yeah but not Genesect. I guess it could work. Yveltal can beat Aegislash, resisting Ghost and hitting it with an Oblivion Wing. Genesect still beats Yveltal, which sucks though. Genesect is beaten with Heatran, and maybe Mega Gengar. Gengar is 3HKOed by standard Scarf Genesect, provided it doesn't get a Special Attack boost. So yeah. Shift Gear set, not so much.

LeafGreen:
    Venusaur, Vaporeon, Snorlax, Hitmonchan, Zapdos, Rapidash

HeartGold:
    Feraligatr, Ampharos, Gengar, Sudowoodo, Machamp, Magmar

Emerald:
    Blaziken, Gardevoir, Manectric, Altaria, Cacturne, Walrein

Platinum:
    Infernape, Roserade, Togekiss, Vaporeon, Dusknoir, Rhyperior

Black:
    Serperior, Seismitoad, Archeops, Gothitelle, Chandelure, Haxorus

Y:
    Greninja, Blaziken, Venusaur, Heliolisk, Dragalge, Hawlucha

So yeah, these are teams from every region which I'll eventually end up playing. Going to start with either Y or Emerald.

Fear the land of death and snow,
    With mountains high and wastelands low.
    Shadows coil and curl and slowly grow,
    Silence breaks yet no-one knows.

Within the darkness rests a binding cell,
    Where a malevolent foe can plot and dwell.
    The Necromancer, his soul corrupted beyond unwell,
    Abomination unbound and monster from hell.

Yeah, just a brief poem I made for my new Necromancer character, which i'll replace my vampire with. He'll also be a vampire, but with more malevolent intentions- corrupted, doesn't do anything for free or out of goodwill. A monster, who if people knew what he really was would kill him on the spot. He retains his mind, which is corrupted but sharply intelligent. He views everything and everyone as nothing but pawns in his one game of life and death; he feels that he chooses who lives and who dies.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 25th December 2013 at 11:28 PM.

Yveltal is probably the best counter to Aegislash out there IMO and is just very versatile, and a can a lot of holes in most teams.

And Genesect doesnt exactly beat Yveltal. Tanky forms of the legendary 'mon can take an Ice Beam relatively well, and can Foul Play/Oblivion Wing/Dark Pulse the insect.

EDIT: FINALLY GOT MY FC!!! ADDD MEEEEEEE

3909 - 8551 - 5392

everyone send me ur friend codes plsssss
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 26th December 2013 at 3:32 AM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Scarf or LO Yveltal can 2HKO Genesect, whilst Genesect at +1 Special Attack can 2HKO Yveltal. But doesn't Download work in a way that (Genesect) will get a +1 boost to Attack if Yveltal's Defense is it's lowest stat, and gets a +1 Special attack boost if Yveltal's Special Defense is lowest? If so Yveltal's stats at Level 100 with a Timid Nature are 226 Def and 232 SpD. So Genesect will recieve a +1 Atack boost, and thus only has a small chance to 2HKO (guaranteed with Stealth Rock mind) so I guess Yveltal is a good Genesect counter. It also checks Aegislash, so that's good. With U- Turn and that Speed stat, it looks like a Scarf user, but Specs offers power and LO offer greater versatility. So yeah. Yveltal resists Dark and Ghost for Mewtwo, and Mewtwo doesn't help Yveltal at all, bar wrecking a couple of Fairy Pokemon for it.

Now though I'm not sure f I want to make this team aroind Mewtwo. Yveltal is my absolute favourite Legendary ATM, so I think I'll make a team around it. Could Rayquaza + Mega Gengar have worked, Gengar trapping off and beating other Dragon types and Fairy Pokemon, as well as Steel types for Rayquaza to sweep? But this team is about Yveltal, not Rayquaza. I was thinking about a Life Orb set, as with Dark Aura providing a LO boost to all Dark attacks, Yveltal is going to be wrecking a ton of stuff with Obliviion Wing and Sucker Punch (Sucker Punch > Dark Pulse because of Priority, which makes up for a base 99 Speed, which isn't bad, but doesn't help against some threats and other priority users). Oblivion Wing makes up for LO damage with 75% recovery I think it is. Last 2 moves can be whatever really: Focus Blast, U- Turn, Hurricane, Dark Pulse and Roost. I personally feel Roost isn't needed with Oblivion Wing, and Hurricane is unreliable. Which leaves Dark Pulse (its powerful Special STAB), U- Turn (which lets it switch out of its threats and deal some damage) and Focus Blast (nails Tyranitar, Terrakion and Bisharp, who resist Dark). I think my options from there are Dark Pulse + Focus Blast, Dark Pulse + U- Turn or Focus Blast + U- Turn. So I think I'll go for Focus Blast + U- Turn - Oblivion Wing does the same damage as Dark Pulse, so there'd be no need for it. This way, Terrakion can be beaten with Focus Blast, as can TTar (I think). Outside of Sand, Focus Blast is an 0HKO on Terrakion, who has 75% chance to 0HKO with Stone Edge first. As for TTar, Focus Blast is, again, an OHKO provided TTar hasn't got the Assault Vest or is Mega Tyranitar.

John Doe (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
    Dark Aura
    EVs: 32 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Oblivion Wing
    - Sucker Punch
    - U- Turn
    - Focus Blast

Like the name? Yveltal is based off of the unnamed eagle who lived at the top of Yggdrasil, an ancient Norse tree. Alsongside it was an ancient serpent who gnawed at the roots (Zygarde) called Nidhoggr (I think) and 4 Stags (Xerneas) each with different names. John Doe is someone who's unnamed, which is why I named my Yveltal John Doe. Ah, education done. Oblivion Wing is Yveltal's recovery, boosted by 60% by Dark Aura + Life Orb, and then recovering 75% of the damage done to it. Sucker Punch bypasses it's decent 99 Speed, letting it 2HKO Scarf Genesect before it can hit Yveltal twice, and thus Yveltal beats Genesect. It also 0HKOes Mewtwo and MMY, which is cool. U- Turn gets Yveltal out of the fight easier than just switching, letting Yveltal bring in a check/counter to it's threats. Focus Blast is an 0HKO on Tyranitar and Terrakion, unless Terrakion is in Sand and TTar is wearing an Assault Vest.

Yveltal's main checks are Fairy Pokemon it can't do much to (Xerneas and Arceus Fairy), Blissey/Chansey, Assault Vest Tyranitar, Keldeo, Terrakion (should Focus Blast miss) as well as Ho Oh (should Stealth Rock not be up), but if it is Ho Oh is then 0HKOed by Sucker Punch. SP is also nearly a 2HKO (91% chance to), and Brave Bird has a 43% chance to 0HKO) and Scarf Zekrom. Blissey/Chansey are beaten by Mega Gengar/normal Gengar, as are Arceus Fairy. Scizor/Mega Scizor can deal massive damage to the blobs, the Fairies and TTar, as well as potentially beat Terrakion. Ho Oh is an issue still, but Stealth Rock is all that's needed.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 26th December 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Does anyone have a Timid Rotom that they don't mind parting with? IVs are not a big deal.
    FC - 4313-0474-2822
    IGN - Noel

Pokegyms League - Eight Badges - Ice, Dragon to go.
    Wi-Fi League - Nine Badges - Dragon and Bug to go.

I don't even have a Rotom lol, and if I did I'd be EV training it. So no, sorry.

What's a good partner for Yveltal?
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 26th December 2013 at 1:25 PM.

Yveltal honestly doesnt have any PERFECT partners as it's a pretty decent independent pokemon. I prefer the bulky set over the offensive variants because it patches more holes and can sort through a bunch of threatening 'mons that it can't really deal with when played offensively. However, you could run Offensive Yveltal + Xerneas to put enormous amounts of pressure onto your opponent as the two combined pretty much wipes the floor with most Uber 'mons. However, if you do this, then Ho-oh would become quite a threat, and running something like Rockceus would almost be mandatory.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Well, how annoying. I VMed you Justin, so I'll continue it from there.

Anyway, as no one can help me with my Ubers team, I'm going for a bit. Bye.

As for Skyrim, I'm going to play a Bosmer Archer. Key to roleplaying is to have the character similar yet different to you, so I'm picking my favourite combat style (archer/assassin) that was recommended to me via a test, as well as the race and my alignment (Lawful Neutral). What I do and such is the opposite of me.

http://easydamus.com/lawfulneutral.html

This means I can do the Civil War, Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and Dawnguard. Civil War, because my character believes in a democracy/government, so that's Imperials for you. The Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild have connections to the government via manipulation or assassination. The Companions are known through all the holds as noble people who get payed to fix your problems. they're respected by the government if you will. Dawnguard (vampire side) is connected via government as a way of manipulation, and the actual Dawnguard was made from the Jarl of Riften, part of the government designed to contain and kill vampires.

Name: Ránëwén Lossëhelin
    Race: Bosmer
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 26th December 2013 at 8:31 PM.

I got a Timid Treecko in a trade with perfect IVs except for speed, which is zero. Is it worth training?

I don't know. Attack was probably the IV you wanted at 0, but it's Speed for you. May as well train it, or breed it with an everstone and look for one with perfect Speed IVs.

Well, I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to continue my Ubers team, but I'm not sure what set to run with Yveltal, or any team-members. I could play Skyrim, but I'm taking a break.

If I gave it a destiny knot and then bred it with a ditto, which IVs would be transferred to the offspring? Still not sure how destiny knot works.

lul sorry I can't help i dont know anything about breeding :S
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Page 765 of 913 FirstFirst ... 665715755761762763764765766767768769775815865 ... LastLast