View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 766 of 856 FirstFirst ... 666716756762763764765766767768769770776816 ... LastLast
Results 19,126 to 19,150 of 21381

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Thanks for the Yveltal help Justin. Was really useful. Not too sure if I'd use it, as I like my Yveltal, and it feels more like an offensive Pokemon than a defensive one, but I really like both. For now I'll make it around my Yveltal, but I'll add some defensive EVs to let it tank some hits better.

124 EVs outspeed even Max Speed Ho Oh, and the B/W 136 Speed Lugia, which was the fastest many people went to avoid losing bulk. It still can't do anything to Lugia, as Oblivion Wing does less than a 5th to Multiscale Lugia without Special Defense investment. That's with Max Special Attack on Yveltal, with Life Orb Dark Aura. So Lugia is a check to Yveltal. 68 Attack EVs is a 2HKO on Max HP Ho Oh. So 68 + 124 = 132 + 60 = 192. I have 508 EVs to obtain, so that leaves me with 316 EVs to beat down certain threats, such as Mewtwo, Genesect, Aegislash, Arceus Ghost, Gengar/Mega Gengar, Tyranitar and Terrakion. I know Yveltal counters a few of them, but I want to sort out the EVs for dealing with them. 92 SpA EVs let Yveltal 0HKO TTar in Sand (provided it isn't Mega (which is unlikely in Ubers when you have Mega Mewtwo/Gengar/Kangaskhan/Lucario/Scizor) or holding an Assault Vest) and a combination of Sucker Punch + Focus Blast beats Terrakion (Focus Blast it on the switch, Sucker Punch to bypass it's Scarf) in Sand. Otherwise, FB is an 0HKO. It is a 2HKO though, so provided I hit TTar on the switch into FB, it's a solid 2HKO. Or FB + U- Turn is also a 2HKO, should I not want to risk missing. Sucker Punch + Focus Blast beats Mega Tyranitar in Sand. Ghost Arceus is 2HKOed with Sucker Punch, an 0HKO with Stealth Rock on the field. Aegislash is just destroyed by Yveltal. Sucker Punch/Oblivion Wing is a 2HKO on Genesect. Sucker Punch 0HKOes any Gengar, Mega or not. Mewtwo normal is also 0HKOed. With that complete, 216 - 92 = 224 EVs for bulk. 224 HP EVs help it tank hits from stuff like Genesect and Ghost Pokemon. Terrakion and Tyranitar still 0HKO with Stone Edge. Ho Oh 2HKOes with Brave Bird or Sacred Fire, but Sucker Punch 2HKOes first via priority. Ho Oh (standard Sub + 3 Attacks) still only 2HKOes after Rocks. Genesect can only 2HKO after Rocks. Yveltal 0HKOes both of them after Stealth Rock (definitely with Ho Oh, maybe with Genesect). So yeah. I should mention it outspeeds most Arceus Ghost, which means Sucker Punch goes before Extremespeed.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
    Dark Aura
    EVs: 224 HP / 68 Atk / 92 SpA / 124 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Oblivion Wing
    - Sucker Punch
    - U- Turn
    - Focus Blast

First time I've ever made my Pokemon's own EVs. Really cool. Shows I'm improving as a competitive battler, I think.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 27th December 2013 at 1:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    If I gave it a destiny knot and then bred it with a ditto, which IVs would be transferred to the offspring? Still not sure how destiny knot works.
    I believe it would be five random ones, though I'm not 100%

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Well, now I've made my Yveltal, I need to sort out its checks and counters. Tyranitar, Terrakion, Blissey, Chansey, Lugia, Zekrom, Xerneas and Arceus Fairy are prominent issues for Yveltal. I know Terrakion and TTar can be beaten by Yveltal, but it requires I hit Focus Blast at last twice, something I don't want to do because it'll probably miss, and it's never good to rely on a low accuracy move. Most of those are checked by Scizor/Mega Scizor, bar Zekrom and Lugia. Against Xerneas, Scizor has a small chance to be 2HKOed by Focus Blast. Meanwhile its Banded Bullet Punch is a small chance to 0HKO. Mega Scizor 2HKOes Xerneas, but is only 3HKOed with Focus Blast. Scizor EVs are 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD, whilst Mega Scizor is 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD. +2 Mega Scizor 0HKOes Xerneas with Bullet Punch by the way. In the end, Mega Scizor at +2 does better than standard Scizor, and it can often set up on such Pokemon and then beat them with boosted Priority Bullet Punch. I can go with either for now, but Mega Scizor can tank hits and heal off damage with Roost, which is better to me in the Ubers environment. If there's a better Mega to use on my team, then I'll switch and make Scizor Banded. It doesn't really matter. Most Physical walls can beat Scizor, such as Groudon and Lugia. But then Yveltal can beat Groudon quite well. There aren't many Fie types in Ubers bar Heatran, Reshiram and Ho Oh. Reshiram won't be seen often due to the weather nerf. Even so, Ho Oh loses to Yveltal provided Scizor switches to Yveltal the moment Ho Oh switches in. Reshiram is a problem, as Specs Blue Flare is at least a 2HKO on Yveltal (25% chance to 0HKO). Lugia and Zekrom are also problems. Heatran is beaten with Focus Blast (it's a 2HKO, and Sucker Punch also 2HKOes).

OK, there's no 1 Pokemon which beats both Lugia and Zekrom. Hazards are nice though. Best Lugia checks are Darkrai, Heatran, Kyurem- W and a few other Pokemon. Zekrom (Scarf Zekrom) can be beaten with Scarf Terrakion and Scarf Garchomp can take a hit and 0HKO with Outrage, or 2HKO with EQ (Terrakion, can take a Scarf Bolt Strike). Jolly Haban Berry Garchomp can take a Scarf Outrage and 0HKO with it's own Outrage. Scarf Terrakion has a 0.3% chance to 3HKO Lugia with Stealth Rock damage. Neither it nor Garchomp are that good tbh. LO Xerneas can 0HKO Zekrom with Moonblast, but barely 4HKOes Lugia. Nothing bloody beats Lugia, which is annoying. It can Whirlwind out any set up sweeper. It can SubToxic stuff, and has Roost to annoy threats. Banded Zekrom 0HKOes Lugia, and it outspeeds, so there we go. Choice Band Zekrom. Outspeeds any Lugia with Jolly Nature and 0HKOes with Bolt Strike. Volt Switch creates VoltTurn with Yveltal (and Banded Scizor should I run it) and Lugia is sorted out. Still got Zekrom to worry about. And Reshiram. Scarf Zekrom has a 75% chance to 0HKO Lugia with Bolt Strike with Stealth Rock and a Jolly Nature. Scarf Zekrom outspeeds Specs and LO Reshiram and 0HKOes with Outrage. Scarf Reshiram speed ties with Zekrom at least. Haban Berry Zekrom can take a Scarf Draco Meteor and maybe a LO Draco Meteor (there's an 18.8% chance to 0HKO) and then 0HKO back with Outrage. That's the best I'm going to get. Either I get a Speed tie with Scarf Reshiram, and 0HKO both Specs and LO Reshiram with Outrage, or I go Haban Berry and can take a Scarf Draco Meteor and maybe a Specs/LO Draco Meteor. Tbh, I perfer the Scarf from that. It reliably beats 2, and might lose to 1 set, whilst the Haban Berry set beats 1 but could lose to 2. Not worth it. Scarf Zekrom is my third member.

Fairy x2- Scizor
    Electric- Zekrom
    Rock-
    Ice x2- Scizor
    Dragon- Scizor
    Ground- Yveltal
    Fire- Zekrom

I need a Fairy, Rock and Ice counter next. Or something else. Scarf Garchomp could be an issue, outspeeding Scarf Zekrom and nailing it with Outrage/EQ. Yveltal can come in on an EQ, and Scizor can tank Outrage. So it's not huge. Terrakion is handled by Scizor. Ferrothorn can't do much to Yveltal. I'm not going to worry too much about those weaknesses for now. Only if they get bigger with I sort something out. I have a bulky attacker (Yveltal), a set up sweeper/tank (Scizor) and a revenge killer (Zekrom) of sorts. I'm thinking about adding Xerneas. It can handle Scarf Reshiram (who 2HKOes), which works well with Zekrom, as now all forms of Reshiram are checked. Faster Dragons cannot use their attacks without Xerneas coming in and firing off either Life Orb Moonblasts, or +2 Geomancy Moonblasts. Geomancy seems better to me- Aegislash is beaten with Yveltal. Mega Scizor at +2 gets a guaranteed 2HKO on Yveltal after Stealth Rock, but Yveltal 2HKOes with Oblivion Wing after Stealth Rock. Sucker Punch has a 99.6% chance to 2HKO with Stealth Rock. So I'm not entirely sure about Scizor being checked ATM. Heatran is beaten with Yveltal and possibly Zekrom. That's all I can think of for Xerneas Steel checks. Xerneas is just great for bringing in against the Dragons who want to beat Zekrom. Genius. So yeah, Geomancy Xerneas does lose to Poison Arceus (rarely used anyway), Mega Venusaur (which is again annoying) and some other stuff I cannot be bothered to mention. it adds another Dragon resistance which is cool.

Scizor @ Scizorite
    Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
    Teravolt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Bolt Strike
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Volt Switch

Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Fairy Aura
    EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast

So yeah, that's my team so far. I need a spinner and I need Stealth Rock. Maybe Deoxys Speed would be a good choice, using Magic Coat to block any hazards coming my way (or Taunt) and Fire Punch to beat Genesect. I could run Stealth Rock / Magic Coat or Taunt / Fire Punch / Spikes or Thunder Wave. That way I have both in one. But I'm not sure. I need a last Pokemon, something good. Scizor is a problem somewhat, with only Zekrom and my own Mega Scizor to really counter it. I don't know. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 27th December 2013 at 3:49 PM.

hey guys sorry i have been inactive for a while.

Still no sign of that shiny Phantump
    I can't believe we have to wait more for poke bank I really want to send over my manaphy

I really want to make a new team but i have no ideas except for a doubles team. I think i want to do a Cloyster and Omastar team. Omastar with weak armor + Skill link cloister. It will become super fast and yeah but it will probably fail so i need help
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Are you gonna give both of them Shell Smash? You probably want something with Lightningrod on your team to soak up Discharges.

Are you gonna give both of them Shell Smash? You probably want something with Lightningrod on your team to soak up Discharges.
    Yup. I was thinking of adding raichu maybe
    Latest Shiny!

Raichu sounds fun. Manectric could be a better option if you're looking for a mega and don't mind waiting for Electric types to die before Mevolving.

So I got a German Shepard puppy today as a Christmas gift from my parents....moving on

I finally beat X versio with:
    Charizard
    Pangoro
    Meowstic
    Slurpuff
    Garchomp
    Avalugg

I actually really liked this team and was genuinely surprised by how good Meowstic was. Avalugg was also decent
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

A puppy? That's nice

I got the blue Xerneas+Yveltal 3DS and X version ^^ I'm going through it right now and have Charmander, Vivillon and Frogadier (all EV-trained with the Super training eheh).

I'm also MMing for a Shiny Cyndaquil Got one in a trade and I'm breeding them.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude View Post
    If you'd like I can breed you a chespin to use
    Could you breed me a bullet proof Chespin, I just need it's ability, so nature and all that stuff doesn't matter.

I have all three DW first gen starters or if you don't need those, what would you like in return?
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector

Credit goes to sworn metalhead of dćdric design

[Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

Upon looking at my Ubers team, I'm just for now going to stick with the first 3 members- Yveltal, Mega Scizor and Scarf Zekrom. I might make Xerneas an LO variant with 4 attacks. The last 2 I'm unsure about. Might just remake the team, with the same Yveltal.

Anybody here has access to Pokébank? *-*

June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

I'm not going to buy it ATM. Maybe not ever. Who knows?

Not sure what to do at the moment. Might go and play Skyrim, or Explorers of Sky. Anybody here got Deer Hunter 2014?

Name: TheCrimson****r
    Race: Argonian
    Combat style: Thief / Assassin / Archer
    Standing Stone: The Thief --> The Shadow
    Major Skills: Sneak, Archery, Light Armor, Alchemy
    Minor Skills: One Handed, Pickpocket, Lockpicking, Speech

This is my new Skyrim character which I'll play for all the missions (I might include some Magic into this character to do the College of Winterhold). Main Quest, Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, College of Winterhold, Dawnguard (not sure which side ATM, maybe the actual Dawnguard Vampire Hunters) and Dragonborn. As for the character, he's a simple mercenary who becomes an anti hero of sorts- mainly a thief who prefers to kill anyone in his ay rather than sneak by them, but gets the Dragonborn rubbish thrust upon him, which he's not a fan of, but uses it as a way of shielding himself as he becomes a master thief/assassin. I like making money in Skyrim, and stealing stuff seems like a good way of doing this. Plus I like my Archer assassin style of gaming. Crossbows, Dawnguard Light Armor + Shrouded Cowl could be interesting. Here's to hoping I can keep this character.

Anyone wanting to start X/Y again? I'm going to do a runthrough in Y and so if anyone wants to join in and stuff, feel free. Team is undecided as of now I'll be restarting X as well, and I might let my brother play it (now he has a 3DS) and we'll play it together. It'll be nice I think. I don't know who he'll pick, but I have a feeling it'll either be Froakie or Chespin. Either way, I'll use the opposite to his one (so if he picks Fennekin, I'll go with Chespin. Froakie for him, Fennekin for me, and Chespin for him, Froakie for me. Alternatively, if he picks Froakie I'll pick Chespin, because I don't really want to use Delphox again). I also don't know which game he'll choose to play. So yeah, makes it hard to decide.

Anyway, I've decided to reset myself competitively. Any teams I had previously are deleted, and so I can start again, use some old stuff without mental repercussions. Just a simple team for now. I never used Aegislash when I had the original team, mainly it was Landorus and Hitmontop, as well as Rotom- W and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrtseL2N9cE -- Lol wut? It's funny.

I don't know what to build the team around. I think I might wait...
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 28th December 2013 at 7:50 PM.

SNIVY

YOU ALWAYS POST BIG PARAGRAPHS ABOUT SKYRIM

YOU START ABOUT TEN NEW CHARACTERS PER WEEK

THIS IS A POKEMON CLAN

In other news, I found a shiny Pikachu and a shiny Kecleon today!

so, anyone got the bank yet, and used it?
    Double battles

Lool. That is true xD And is also true for the teams.

@snivy, where are you building that Uber team of yours? Showdown? Also, I started X a few days ago and I'm still at Lumiose after getting Charmander from Sycamore, so you may catch up (assuming you won't restart 5 times before beating the 1st gym lol kidding)

@poix: I don't have Pokébank but between wonder trade and the forum's trade section you can get everything. I've already got Misdreavus, Cyndaquil and Cottonee (the latter I need for my team). Only waiting for the bank to bring my legendaries.
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 29th December 2013 at 9:12 AM.

~ If there was a medal for restarting games I'd win it hands down. So yeah, accept it.
    ~ Sorry for long boring Skyrim paragraphs, I should just put them on Word documents.
    ~ I make my competitive teams on Showdown.

With that down, I'll be gone for a few days, as where I'm going the only internet I have is on my phone, and I'm not going on here on my phone. So I'll be back by Wednesday, or not.

Been at the Battle Tower in Emerald for ages... can't even get past four rounds xD Using Houndoom, Starmie and Skarmory for it...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Anybody here has access to Pokébank? *-*
    is it out already? last time i checked eShop it wasnt even out :O

SNIVY

YOU ALWAYS POST BIG PARAGRAPHS ABOUT SKYRIM

THIS IS A POKEMON CLAN
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

btw fire hero i really like your siggy
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Thanks lol

And Pokébank was out for Japanese games for a couple of days so there are people who already have it. That's why you see old gen Pokémon around on the GTS and spreading everywhere

HELLO EVERYONE

IM BACK

YAY

IM GETTING A 2DS VERY VERY SOON

so i can FINALLY PLAY X (or y) within the next 5 days or so

YAY

*looks at pokemon showdown*

i have so much competitive stuff to catch up on

Guys guess what! While hunting for shiny phantump, on my 7th encounter a shiny Dusclops popped up!!

It has a careful nature, which i was trying to synch on my Phantump. Its capable of taking hits. Its potential is above average overall, and it has 31 IVs in HP and Defense.
    This makes it my second Y shiny. And let me just say, this is the shiny I least wanted, but the red looks so good on the 3DS, I probably won't evolve it. I will probably give it Eviolite so we will see what happens! And also i got it before my birthday so that rocks!

EDIT: Here she is!! Sorry the pic is backwards
        Spoiler:- Shiny Dusclops :
    Last edited by The Exalt; 29th December 2013 at 10:46 PM.
    Latest Shiny!

Holy crap Exalt, that's an insanely good nature/IV spread!!!! Congrats!!

Teach it Will-o-Wisp and that thing should be a great annoying staller.

EDIT: Was that Ian's safari? I'm gonna search for a shiny Phantump too >:D
    Last edited by poix_the_yak; 30th December 2013 at 6:05 AM.

Holy crap Exalt, that's an insanely good nature/IV spread!!!! Congrats!!

Teach it Will-o-Wisp and that thing should be a great annoying staller.

EDIT: Was that Ian's safari? I'm gonna search for a shiny Phantump too >

WHOA WAIT. POIX DO YOU LIKE KNOW EXALT IN REAL LIFE?! :O

and i just realized something guys. Yveltal96 isnt posting much anymore

ahahaha welcome bak eevee lul
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    WHOA WAIT. POIX DO YOU LIKE KNOW EXALT IN REAL LIFE?! :O
    Hahaha, no I don't. But I think we have a mutual friend through SPPf named Ian. It might be Marbi Z.

Page 766 of 856 FirstFirst ... 666716756762763764765766767768769770776816 ... LastLast