View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 812 of 917 FirstFirst ... 712762802808809810811812813814815816822862912 ... LastLast
Results 20,276 to 20,300 of 22922

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    Regarding the Battle Points and Jobs, shall we revive the systems? And could probably also create the jobs system, as it is planned but doesn't seem to be created (am I missing something?)

The mentioned Google docs will then contain the most up-to-date BP and rankings, rules for the systems that can be updated on demand. If we give editing rights to a wider number or leaders and co-leaders, then we are unlikely to have the doc stale, unless ALL editors are unavailable. Also, the rights can be easily transferred/granted, so if someone has less time to keep an eye on the doc, s/he can assign a deputy.

As for the BP system:
    * do we even have THT Gym leaders/E4/Champion?
    * How do you get BP for Hatching a Pokemon? I mean, you can easily claim you have done that, but who checks this? Or is this related to those click-based signature pets or something..?
    * Win a battle -> I assume a battle has to be declared as a BP battle in the thread, no?
    1) Not sure. I'd say no. If we revive them, can they please not have 3 of their type and 3 of non other types (e.g. if you're the Fire GL, don't have 3 Fire types and 3 other Pokemon, use 6 Fire types).
    2) Eh, no one ever bothered with that, so I no clue.
    3) ???

Didn't play X last night, but I'm away this weekend, so I can safely say I will. I'm going to be building my RU team now, whether it's with Crustle or not I haven't decided. I'm thinking between Crustle, Escavalier, Rhyperior, Drapion, Eelektross, Electivire, Yanmega, Gallade, Reuniclus and Hitmonlee.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 25th April 2014 at 5:12 PM.

I just beat a whole team with a Sigilyph on a Random Battle. Forgot to save the replay, but wow...
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    1) Not sure. I'd say no. If we revive them, can they please not have 3 of their type and 3 of non other types (e.g. if you're the Fire GL, don't have 3 Fire types and 3 other Pokemon, use 6 Fire types).
    2) Eh, no one ever bothered with that, so I no clue.
    3) ???

Didn't play X last night, but I'm away this weekend, so I can safely say I will. I'm going to be building my RU team now, whether it's with Crustle or not I haven't decided. I'm thinking between Crustle, Escavalier, Rhyperior, Drapion, Eelektross, Electivire, Yanmega, Gallade, Reuniclus and Hitmonlee.
    @third: the BP list says you can get BP for winning a match. I assume one has to declare the match for BP here to count :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
    I just beat a whole team with a Sigilyph on a Random Battle. Forgot to save the replay, but wow...
    Sigilyph is awesome, I've almost swept a whole team too, if not for a critical hit xD
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
    The last time I fought a Sigilyph, it dragged on into a very long battle. My Milotic (burned, Marvel Scaled activated) got into Recover vs Roost battle. Hopefully I won because Sigilyph had no more Roost to use.

Starter Tournament Status Update

Right now, these battles are missing:
    Zero2 vs. Fire Hero
    Zero2 vs. Scorch
    Zero2 vs. Shade
    Shade vs. poix

I need to hear from each one of you four regarding the status of these battles. If I get no feedback by 11:59pm GMT today, I'll award 0 points to each one of you for these battles. To those who were unable to battle bacause the opponent doesn't show up, you'll be getting a win and 6 points (for each battle) as a compensation. It's not much, but there isn't much more we can do.

From tomorrow morning we'll start posting our teams. I'll invite Esch to start since she's the one with all her battles finished. You can discuss the team here but I'd like to get the scores by PM so I don't miss any post.

The rules have a change to cope with the withdrawals.

Teambuilding Phase
    • Each player must submit a RMT format report, describing the teambuilding process, the team and the strategy employed.
    • The team will be evaluated by the other participants, who will award a score from 0-10 to each of these four categories:
      - Creativity: How "unusual" is the team and the strategy. Standard overused movesets and Pokémon will get less points, whereas uncommon and gimmick sets and Pokémon will receive more.
      - Effectiveness: How well does the team perform overall. This includes covering each other weaknesses and building of strong cores.
      - Strategy: What is the main goal of the team and how is it supposed to be played. While judging, other trainers may ask for battle reports, so save them just to be safe.
      - Starter Role: How important is your starter in the team.
    • The final score for this category will be the sum of the average score each judge will award.

Current Standings of the Battle Phase

Last edited by Fire Hero; 27th April 2014 at 10:10 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W65 L33

Eh, I'd like to join the tourney even though its almost finished and I have no time to battle... idk
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Whoo, so many points! I can almost hear Poix breathing behind my back, so close it is

I'm not writing this post from my own PC, so I can't post my team with commentary, but I've written it and sent to Scorch for posting. If I do have decent WiFi in the hotel, then I can post my team later today or tomorrow.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    Whoo, so many points! I can almost hear Poix breathing behind my back, so close it is

I'm not writing this post from my own PC, so I can't post my team with commentary, but I've written it and sent to Scorch for posting. If I do have decent WiFi in the hotel, then I can post my team later today or tomorrow.
    Well, we can start by someone else if you prefer to post it yourself.

And if Shade doesn't show up poix will go first as he'll get 12 points moremaking him go 55 :P
    Anyone knows if Shade is around today?

Ponymon, I don't want to delay the tournament anymore since we've been battling for 3 weeks now, so maybe next time you can join Sorry.

June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

yoyoyo guysssssss

I'm hoping to get Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution. If anyone knows what that is, PROPS.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Hey guys, I'm back. I played some X, lost half my team :P. Damn Glittering Cave and Critical hits... BUT I did get a Shiny Yanma! It's Naive and has Speed Boost. So it's useful! Which is awesome.

Just finished a homework project, dead proud of myself. Going to play some Xbox, maybe get round to actually planning the RU team.

Skyrim wise, I'm planning out my character. I considered going back to a Warrior style character, similar to the Ebony Warrior. But I like the idea of my Rogue or my Nightblade.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 27th April 2014 at 9:43 PM.

so yh, um, this is awkward. i know im constantly on and off here, but its honestly because pokemon is boring me now. or, until now, i should say. im going to e playing HG (best game) w/ my sister. so that means ill be here and being more actively posting. this mightget me back into pokemon, who knows?/

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    so yh, um, this is awkward. i know im constantly on and off here, but its honestly because pokemon is boring me now. or, until now, i should say. im going to e playing HG (best game) w/ my sister. so that means ill be here and being more actively posting. this mightget me back into pokemon, who knows?/
    Eh, that's cool. By the way, who here tells people at their school they like Pokemon? Or if you aren't at school, did you tell your friends? I'm curious. I find it odd that during secondary school you are not allowed to like Pokemon without being considered geeky and unpopular. Yet when you're at university, there are groups of people who run clubs on it! WTF happens between primary and secondary school and secondary school and university? Though apparently they're better than Yu Gioh. It's at that point people lean towards Xbox/Playstation/PC... on that note, I'm considering getting World of Warcraft on my new (when it comes) laptop. My friend has it, and it sounds fun (plus I can piss him off by being a Rogue).

Need to start Pearl and this RU team.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 27th April 2014 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Well, we can start by someone else if you prefer to post it yourself.

And if Shade doesn't show up poix will go first as he'll get 12 points moremaking him go 55 :P
    Anyone knows if Shade is around today?

Ponymon, I don't want to delay the tournament anymore since we've been battling for 3 weeks now, so maybe next time you can join Sorry.
    Are you sure I should get 12? That seems like a bit much for not doing anything. Plus I still have a chance to take the lead in the teambuilding phase. I have my rmt thing all written up and ready to post.

When are we posting those, by the way?

Dum de dum... I'm planning out my RU team. I think I'll be building around Crustle, because why the hell not. Adamant Nature, max Speed EVs at +2 Speed Crustle outspeeds all base 80's; Jolly Nature outspeeds base 85's. I cannot see anything in particular that Crustle needs to outspeed at base 85, so I think I'll stick with Adamant Nature.

Raphael (Crustle) @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk/-SpA)
    ~ Shell Smash
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ X Scissor

Crustle is not usually seen as a set-up sweeper, or even considered for anything on a team. But I like it as a Pokemon, and feel now is it's time to shine. Shell Smash is the set-up move: +2 Attack and Speed (and Special Attack, but that's unimportant) is amazing for Crustle, giving him the boost he needs to wreck havoc. Weakness Policy means that Crustle can set up Shell Smash as the opponent goes for a Super Effective move, and gains a +4 Attack and a +3 Speed in one turn. Crustle survives via Sturdy, and then goes on to sweep provided there's no priority. Stone Edge and X Scissor are the STABs, nailing the many Flying, Bug, Psychic and Grass types in the tier. Pokemon such as Doublade resist Crustle's STABs, so Earthquake is there to smack it about.

Crustle needs entry hazards on the opponents side, and also not on his own side. Stealth Rock, Spikes and/or Sticky Web go a long way to insuring Crustle sweeps effectively, whilst removing them means Sturdy will remain activated. Certain Pokemon also need to be removed; Water, Rock and Steel types mainly. So yeah.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 27th April 2014 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Are you sure I should get 12? That seems like a bit much for not doing anything. Plus I still have a chance to take the lead in the teambuilding phase. I have my rmt thing all written up and ready to post.

When are we posting those, by the way?
    Two 1-0 wins (the narrowest margin) would give you 10 points. I think it's unfair to give only 10 points to someone when he/she could have a maximum of 16 if the battles had actually taken place.
    I'm only going to award these points if the opponents don't show up, so if I don't hear anything from Shade tomorrow morning, you'll get 12 points. Unless you don't want any point...

We've been battling for 3 weeks, which included 3 weekends. At this time, the battles that haven't happened are either due to long holiday absences or pure laziness to actually take the time to schedule the battles, which is why I wanted to hear from you, to see why you haven't battled yet. Let Shade get on, and we'll see.

The teambuilding phase will start tomorrow. Esch will be the first.
    I remind you all again that you can discuss everything here, but please send me the scores by PM so I don't miss the posts.

So who judges these teams? Is it the whole guild? Or just one person?

Have people read my previous question: Was Pokemon a popular thing back when you were at secondary school? Did your friends like it? Because it's not at my school, and I want to know if that's the same for everyone.

Anyone know any good teammates for Crustle?

Is secondary school high school or middle school? At my high school I wouldn't say it's popular but a good amount of kids play, even in the popular crowd. It's not really anything people make fun of.

@Fire Hero - 12 it is then :p

I'm going to say High School: I'm in my teens, and middle school rings a bell similar to primary school, so lets go with that. Whichever one leads to college/university.

Quick question: if I was to make a pure Rogue character, would I incorporate Smithing and/or Enchanting? I don't know about Enchanting, but wouldn't an Assassin have some skill in crafting their own weapons?

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. I was out for the whole day, and I think that it's fine poix gets 12 because I didn't really try and contact him, only once but he tried to contact me around 3 times just that they were in the middle of the night for me...

But I did try to contact Zero twice, but we were both only available at times the other was asleep, or I was available in his morning but Whatever.

going to a girls school not many people would be expected to play it, but I know about 2 people who play properly, another who plays the Gameboy ROMs on her computer, and one of my friends (a popular kid) just bought a 3DS so she can start playing. Which is good tbh.
    No one gets bullied for it although the B*tchy popular people are like pfft why would anyone play video game but whatever I hate them.
    Last edited by Shade2000; 28th April 2014 at 8:37 AM.

If you and poix can schedule a date and a time for the battles during this week then you can still battle, but we'll start the teambuilding phase anyway. If you feel you don't have time at all then I'll give poix the points and end the battle phase.

I haven't heard from any of the others, so once I have time this evening I'll be updating the table and officially ending the battle phase.

Escheria, you can post your team from now on (or someone for you). The teambuilding phase starts now! Every other participant should rate from 0-10 each one of the four categories described on the rules and send me the scores by PM.

Good luck, hope we see some gimmick strategies around here :P

Gimmicks are cool. I hope we do a tournament similar to this in the future (maybe not exactly like this).

Interesting replies guys. Very interesting. So Pokemon is still retaining its popularity even during periods in peoples lives where it's generally looked down upon? Not bad.

Got some cool ideas for Skyrim (which is annoying, as I want one idea and to stick with it), and I'm hoping to start either HeartGold or Pearl soon.

I'm not going to make an RU team around Crustle. Going to either try RU again with something like Delphox, Druddigon, Yanmega or returning to UU and making some teams there (Mega Manectric VoltTurn, Regenerator cores, Trick Room, etc.) or maybe even a return to OU and Ubers (Mega Charizard X, Bisharp for OU; Yveltal, Mewtwo for Ubers).
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 28th April 2014 at 7:38 PM.

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude is offline 物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き

Here's Esch's team. She asked me to post it (had to edit out the "at" symbols cuz Serebii is giving me grief bout em).

Esch: So here's my team, focused on Trick Room strategy. Why TR? Well, I actually got inspiration from
    a Mudkip that Fire Hero traded me, as that's what I thought of when I got my starter. Also,
    Trick Room is a cool strategy and rather uncommon in Singles

Swampert (M)
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Brave Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Brick Break (Hammer Arm)

So this Swampert lead sets up some Stealth Rocks to help my team get in some extra damage
    and returns later as a decent sweeper. I started out with Hammer Arm as it's a strong move
    and speeds me up under Trick Room. I should have had Brick Break fromt he start,
    because I fought a few Meowstics and Klefkis, so breaking their screens is big, but I kind
    of forgot Swampert learns it until a few games
    into the tournament.

Aromatisse (F)
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Aroma Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Protect
    - Moonblast
    - Wish
    - Trick Room

This is one of my two primary Trick Room setters. Aroma Veil is an amazing ability, which
    prevents stuff like Taunt, Encore, Disable, Torment etc. which means I can pull off Trick
    Room almost always as long as I have enough bulk left. Wish is there to heal Aromatisse and
    also teammates that would switch in ont he Trick Room turns. Costs me one turn, but healing
    my sweepers as they switch in is great. I considered using Aromatherapy instead of Protect
    as I expected status to be common, but I went for Protect because I felt I need the heal more.
    Also, I wasn't really bothered by status other than Burn and of course, I will make sure I don't
    get that burn on my physical mons. Originally I had Guts on my Conkeldurr, so that made me less
    worried about status. Also very important, Aromatisse is not weak to Dark attacks, unlike the
    majority of the Trick Room setters. Though in retrospect, this slow should probably be
    Mesprits, as it has comparable bulk and much higher offensive presence.

Cresselia
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 2 Spd
    - Trick Room
    - Moonlight (Moonblast)
    - Lunar Dance
    - Psychic (Hidden Power Fire)

My second Trick Room setter, the bulkiest one and one I've been using the most. Tanks hits
    a champ, sets up Trick Room and if she's low on health, then Lunar Dance can be used to
    completely heal an incoming sweeper, including status and all PP is back. The coolest thing
    is also that Lunar Dance makes opponents attacks miss, so it's a clean switch in. Later on
    I changed Moonblast to Moonlight for more survivability and HP Fire to Psychic. Moonblast
    is actually a great move to use as a primary attack, but Aromatisse already has that with
    STAB, so I decided to give it recovery. HP Fire was there to nail a few key Pokemon like
    Scizor and Ferrothorn who would be rather problematic, but following other changes I decided
    I am better off focusing on her primary duty as Trick Room setter. And I did not change my IVs
    because the change was not saved, stupid showdown.

Aggron-Mega (M)
    Item: Aggronite
    Ability: Sturdy -> Filter
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Brave Nature
    - Rock Slide (Head Smash)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch
    - Heavy Slam (Ice Punch)

Well, I was looking for a heavy hitter for my Trick Room team and after a few considerations
    I decided to give this guy a spin, as he has monstrous physical attack and bulk. My original
    moveset was not so effective and I noticed I couldn't change the ability on Aggron from Sturdy
    to Rock Head, so recoil-less Head Smash is not an option any more, so I changed it to Rock Slide.
    I thought I probably won't really need Ice Punch, so out for a STAB. Somehow, I didn't even
    have one before so it's a big oversight on my part. In retrospect, I probably should have a
    different Pokemon on this spot, as he just can't really do much when there are tons of
    special attackers out.

Reuniclus (M)
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 180 HP / 76 Def / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic (Psyshock)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Third Trick Room setter than can sweep away immediately. This guy is so ridiculously powerful
    I even underestimated it... He is definitely my MVP, getting rid of key threats and walls. He
    does not fear status or rocks and has good bulk, so Reuniclus can easily find opportunities to
    witch in and rock. The choice between Psyshock and Psychic was hard, but I settled for
    Psychic as my other guys can take care of the physical attacking. Though using Psychic would
    mean I am walled hard by standard Blissey.. but in our tournament Blisseys were not the
    usual thing you see Regenerator as ability would also be interesting, as the heal definitely
    comes handy, but I really need something to absorb status.

Conkeldurr (F)
    Item: Assault Vest (Flame Orb)
    Ability: Iron Fist (Guts)
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
    (IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd)
    Brave Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunder Punch (Facade)

Last minute addition and so darn good! Originally, this Conk had Guts to take advantage of
    incoming status which would otherwise cripple my teammates and Facade would hit pretty hard.
    I changed him to be able to take special hits better and hit those strong water attackers
    harder (one persons water Pokemon annoyed the hell out of me, you know who you are ).
    Also generally strong special attackers would have an easy time against my team, as while
    my TR setters are strong in Special Defense, my attackers are not so much (lol Aggron), so
    Conks job is to switch in when I expect a special attack and Drain Punch the health back.
    He takes on some special attacks surprisingly well :3. He is also an important team member
    for the times when I am unable to set up Trick Room, as he has priority in Mach Punch and
    can generally take hits pretty well. Oh and for a while I had wrong IVs cause I
    experimented with Pokemon that would take this spot and had some Hidden Power (I think
    Fighting? Lol with Conk tho) IVs set and I didn't undo these until later.

So, here's my team. I really liked to use it, because it messes up teams if they are
    unprepared. Also all 6 Pokemon on my team I've never used before, though I have seen them
    used in VGC, so it was really exciting I'm glad I could make a somewhat working Trick
    Room team in Singles, as keeping that room up is really important and I actually managed
    to keep it up rather consistently

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^
    New Attempt at a Team: ;715; ;666;

If i tell anyone not a close friend that i play pokemon id have my a*s whooped for beign a nerdy kid. sad truth about england

Starter Tournament Status Update

The Battle Phase is now officially over. Shade and poix are still able to battle in the next few days. If that's not possible, we shall reach an agreement about who should get more points, if any.

Scorch, did you contact Zero2 regarding your battle with him? Why haven't you battled? (Need to know this to decide if you get a win or not, since you haven't said anything regarding that in the past week).

Escheria's team is now posted. Please rate and send me a PM with your scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    If i tell anyone not a close friend that i play pokemon id have my a*s whooped for beign a nerdy kid. sad truth about england
    Really!? Wow. A ton of people kinda "came out" about playing it when X and Y came out, with a lot of them taking their 3DSs around school daily for about a month. My friends and I have discussed Pokemon at length during lunch many times too, while the rest of the people at the table call us nerds. We just agree and keep talking. Overall, it's a lot more popular than I would have still imagined here in the States, but there's still a lot of people who frown and call it childish
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Page 812 of 917 FirstFirst ... 712762802808809810811812813814815816822862912 ... LastLast