View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 835 of 907 FirstFirst ... 735785825831832833834835836837838839845885 ... LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,875 of 22658

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    Guys, the newest Smogon stats are up!

Here's the RU list for your reference: http://sim.smogon.com:8080/Stats/2014-06/ru.txt

an the general page is this: http://sim.smogon.com:8080/Stats/2014-06/ A shame I didn't know about this page before, I'd stop searching/asking for lists ages ago xD
    I need to check these out then. I will do later on, but for now I'll make UU teams. Need to help my brother build one for his guilds tournaments, which is an XY UU tournament. He needs 2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Ok guys, I'm still on holiday and I'm not going to check all posts I missed (until I get back at least ), but... We have userbars!

Check them out, I think they're perfect with the XY models instead of the sprites.

Spoiler:- Sky Sector:

Spoiler:- Sea Sector:

Spoiler:- Land Sector:
    They are awesome. Love them. Shame I don't have a signature, as otherwise I would actually use them. But regardless, these look fantastic.

Anyway, the CCAT round is over, and the Pokémon we're building around is SD Virizion! You may begin voting for the next team member. I myself shall do so in a second. Considering amongst Delphox, Moltres, Reuniclus, Zoroark and Escavalier at the moment.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 3rd July 2014 at 9:06 PM.

Ok guys, I'm still on holiday and I'm not going to check all posts I missed (until I get back at least ), but... We have userbars!

Check them out, I think they're perfect with the XY models instead of the sprites.

The user bars look great, but my only question is why the ranks consist of such few Hoenn pokemon. I can understand the Land Sector, due to how few ground pokemon there are, but why are there only two Hoenn pokemon in the Sea Sector, one of which is exclusive to the leader? I guess it's a little to late to complain now though. The user bars are cool overall thought, I really like the designs.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the art.

YEEEEEEEEEEES. All right time to organise the points system haha

I dig the user bars. Now to remember what rank I was...

Sig under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Da_bomb.com View Post
    I dig the user bars. Now to remember what rank I was...
    Well, you have a co-leader banner, so continue using that? Hold on... there's no new co-leader banner in Sky Sector o.0
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

The userbars are awesome. adding them to the sky sector post now

Looking at the checks and counters for Virizion, the first one I see is Amoonguss, followed by a bunch of Fire types and Flying types, and a couple of Ghost/Psychic types. Amoonguss and the Ghost types are of particular importance, as they either wall Virizion or don't mind taking a +2 attack and then burning it. Therefore, something to beat Amoonguss and these Ghost types would be appreciated.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Overcoat
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant / Brave Nature
    - Megahorn
    - Iron Head
    - Knock Off
    - Drill Run

Escavalier is probably the best Amoonguss counter possible due to its immunity to it's Poison STAB, 4x resistance to Grass and the fact that Overcoat means it's immune to Spore. Many Amoonguss don't run HP Fire, and even if they did this set is an Assault Vest one and doesn't give a ****. 135 base Attack destroys everything pretty damn easily, which allows Virizion to come in late game and sweep with so many of its counters weakened. Fire types and Ghost types are still an issue, but I'm sure we can figure something out about that. Megahorn is STAB, wrecks the Grass types, Psychic types and nearly everything in between. Iron Head breaks Aromatisse like it's nothing, Knock Off is so useful it's not even funny and Drill Run beats Magneton, even though it's pretty much set-up bait for Virizion. But whatever.

Anyway, I'm developing some UU team ideas. Tumblr is working again somewhat on Google Chrome for me, so I'm going to run GIFs like a boss. Haven't played any particular games bar Soulcaliber IV, which is alright to play. One of the characters, Raphael, is simply amazing even though he's actually evil. Something to consider for Skyrim or World of Warcraft. WoW is going OK, got my Rogue to level 10 and chose my spec, now looking for another Dagger or something. I know I said that'd be my main, but I just don't feel it still. I want to play a Monk, although I might try a Warrior or a Death Knight and see. They dual wield...
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 4th July 2014 at 11:15 PM.

If we do go with Escavalier, I have a good third team member!

Sorry I haven't been on for ages, also the new userbars look great and the CCAT is turning out well.

I probably would have voted for banette even though reading the set and text afterwards suggested it was more of a team-mate for Delphox.

Also, escavalier looks good, but if we run it we need a counter for the fire types or whatever, and we also need to think of a mega for the team.

The new userbars look awesome! I'll add them when we get the new point system started up. What are the points needed to rank up again?

I'm not the only person meant to be recommending Pokemon here, you guys need to do so as well. Fire types are an issue; run a Water type or a Rock type. Psychic types are a pain; try a Dark type. Come on guys, recommend stuff. Otherwise what's the point of doing a CCAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    Well, you have a co-leader banner, so continue using that? Hold on... there's no new co-leader banner in Sky Sector o.0
    That's fine, I'm sure one will be made eventually.

Would any of you guys be interested in doing a playthrough of Ruby/Sapphire because of the new games?

Sig under construction

Would any of you guys be interested in doing a playthrough of Ruby/Sapphire because of the new games?
    I would. I've actually just bought a Ruby version from a car-boot sale that works pretty well, and R/S were the only games I never beat. I'd love to beat it before ORAS. Why, are you going to play then?

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    I would. I've actually just bought a Ruby version from a car-boot sale that works pretty well, and R/S were the only games I never beat. I'd love to beat it before ORAS. Why, are you going to play then?
    Yeah, and I figured it'd be more fun to get more people involved

Sig under construction

I don't think many people want to play R/S before ORAS because they want to experience the nostalgia again during the game. I never played R/S completely, so I don't have nostalgia, which is why I don't mind playing it. But whatever. What starter would you use?

I can start either Ruby or Sapphire, I have all 3 games, but Emerald I cannot restart :3 I may want to RNG some legendaries there, so I can join in, but I wouldn't play it because of the new games

Nice, that's another person who's going to join. This might shape up to be quite fun! Escheria, what starter will you be picking. I'm thinking probably Sceptile, but Swampert is an option.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 5th July 2014 at 8:39 PM.

If we're three people playing, why don't we all pick different starters? Oh and I would be playing on my way to work and back and Monster Hunter otherwise :3 I'd rather not pick Mudkip, already have it as my starter in Emerald, so either Torchic or Treecko

Lets wait for Da_Bomb to get online before we make a decision. I don't mind using Blaziken, I just don't prefer it.

I'd rather not pick Torchic because that's what I'm going to use in the new games, so Mudkip or treecko is fine with me.

Sig under construction

Escheria: Treecko / Torchic
    Da_Bomb: Treecko / Mudkip
    snivy trainer: Treecko / Mudkip

So Escheria should probably run Torchic, as they're the only person who wouldn't mind using it. Da_Bomb and myself need to choose between Treecko and Mudkip. I'll let Da_Bomb pick; you wanted to do this R/S thing, so you should pick the one you want.

Okay, so shall I call my trainer May, since I am picking Torchic? xD

Btw, snivy, just call me Esch It's an established shorthand for my username and is my IGN in many games

I actually just finished a play-thorugh of Pokemon Sapphire in order to celebrate the new games. If I were to use a starter, I'd definitely choose Mudkip. Also, expect me to nominate a set to for the CCAT, snivy.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the art.

I'll go with Treecko, if that's ok with you guys. Never really used it... I'll be starting tomorrow night Eastern Time because that's when I'll have my old DS and my GBA games.

Sig under construction

Okay I guess I'll just nominate a Pokemon for the CCAT. Here we goooooooo~

Sharpedo@Life Orb
    EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 SpA
    Nature: Lonely/Adamant
    Trait: Speed Boost
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Protect
    - Ice Beam/Aqua Jet

So clearly we need something that can take out some annoying Fire/Ghost/Psychic types that would otherwise pressure Virizion. Sharpedo can easily deal with all three with Waterfall/Crunch. I suggest Ice Beam as a fourth move because it can actually do a decent amount of damage to some Grass types, such as Amoongus and Tangrowth. Base 95 Special attack isn't too shabby. Of course, Aqua Jet can also be used because no matter how fast a Pokemon can be, Priority is always helpful. Life Orb is there to help Sharpedo have some more oomph, and Lonely is to maximise both offensive stats. However, if Aqua Jet is used, Adamant would be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Okay I guess I'll just nominate a Pokemon for the CCAT. Here we goooooooo~

Sharpedo@Life Orb
    EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 SpA
    Nature: Lonely/Adamant
    Trait: Speed Boost
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Protect
    - Ice Beam/Aqua Jet

So clearly we need something that can take out some annoying Fire/Ghost/Psychic types that would otherwise pressure Virizion. Sharpedo can easily deal with all three with Waterfall/Crunch. I suggest Ice Beam as a fourth move because it can actually do a decent amount of damage to some Grass types, such as Amoongus and Tangrowth. Base 95 Special attack isn't too shabby. Of course, Aqua Jet can also be used because no matter how fast a Pokemon can be, Priority is always helpful. Life Orb is there to help Sharpedo have some more oomph, and Lonely is to maximise both offensive stats. However, if Aqua Jet is used, Adamant would be a better option.
    Looks great, would definitely need an Amoonguss counter after this though. I could see Magmortar or something being a fantastic teammate to Virizion & Sharpedo: F/W/G core and stuff like that. Any Fire type would work well, but Spore is a *****...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekans647 View Post
    I actually just finished a play-thorugh of Pokemon Sapphire in order to celebrate the new games. If I were to use a starter, I'd definitely choose Mudkip. Also, expect me to nominate a set to for the CCAT, snivy.
    So will you be participating as well? And awesome, I look forward to reading it.

I'll go with Treecko, if that's ok with you guys. Never really used it... I'll be starting tomorrow night Eastern Time because that's when I'll have my old DS and my GBA games.
    Yeah, that's cool. I'll use Mudkip then. Have you got a planned team or will you just wing it? I'm going to start tonight because the chance of me having time this week is so slim it's unbelievable. I expect I'll plan a team, because I don't like winging things, especially if I've played the game before. But I'm using the Mudkip line, which is awesome. Swampert is too OP.

Page 835 of 907 FirstFirst ... 735785825831832833834835836837838839845885 ... LastLast