• He can stay where he is

85 79.44%
  • kind of broken

17 15.89%
  • OMFG BAN HIM

5 4.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragonite. Broekn.

How is he broken ther are many pokemon that can get rid of him with stone edge and other moves that I don't feel like naming because he is not broke at all Were did you get the idea it was broke?????

Nah he's not broken. Stealth Rocks makes Dragonite a simple matter to kill, and although your opponent can spin them away, you can switch into a ghost, or take advantage of the spin by setting up, or KO'ing their spinner.

There are many things which KO through multiscale anyway, icicle spear/rock blast +2 Weavile with Ice Shard and a +1 Outrage from Salamance (could be haxorus) are a few things which come to mind.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

well. how about the paraphazer. no one has semmed to address that

Quote Originally Posted by Wire View Post
    The Parashuffler set is easily handled by again, Stealth Rock, and rather susceptible to Taunt, due to the main attack move being Dragon Tail, which will always go last. It is also reliant on its Thunder Wave, meaning that Pokemon immune to itt can switch in on it with impunity, break its precious Multiscale, and come in with something with a good strong Ice move like Starmie.

Dragonite isn't really that hard to stop.

Let me guess... you have a lot of bad experiences with Dragonite.

I thought Hail+Blizzard took out a lot of Dragons, most dragons since they're usually Flying and even Garchomp as a x4 weakness to Ice. Just use something fast... I dunno what, try rain dance and Swift Swim. Let me know if something can utilize that combo.

Pretty much status, steels like heatran, stealth rock, sandstorm, and Cloyster can handle Dragonite.

SR, Haxorus, Ice Type Moves, boosted STAB Stone Edge, Sandstorm, Hail, Rampardos(yesh), Mamoswine, Taunt, Cloyster, practically any Strong Super Effective STAB move coming off of a high attack stat, wow, that's alot...

Dragonite is excellent indeed, but that doesn't mean he's broken.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Blue Dragon View Post
    He's not broken, Terricton KOs it after steath rock, with stone edge.
    Don't just list one pokemon, that doesn't prove anything. Scarf Primape with Vital Spirit counters Darkrai, so should Darkrai be OU?

After stealth rock, Dragonite is beaten by most Ice Beams, Most Ice Punches, and Most stone edges. Scarfers often handle a +1 Dragonite well. If it's locked in outrage, Ferrthorn or Forretress can use that to set up spikes. It is walled by heatran completely, unless it's holding EQ(which most don't). It's crippled by all status. Toxic means no Multi Scale. Paralysis means no speed. Burn means no attack.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

meh scarf terakion can 2hko him with multiuscale up and dragonite can't even ko or outspeed with a dd up. Never will be broken, but could be slightly nominated for ban for the same reason as exadrill: overcentralizing the metagame.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    meh scarf terakion can 2hko him with multiuscale up and dragonite can't even ko or outspeed with a dd up. Never will be broken, but could be slightly nominated for ban for the same reason as exadrill: overcentralizing the metagame.
    It's common, but not that common.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Ok, LO Kyurem's Ice Beam can OHKO lol, and Kyurem is forever alone. Dragonite isn't broken.
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wire View Post
    There's also Toxic and Burn, plus Tricking a choice item. The success of the defensive sets tend to be more dependent on how competent its user is, so you might just be facing good players. It's still pretty easy for a bad player to fail with defensive Dnite if their prediction sucks, so it doesn't fill the "so easy a caveman can own with it" that Garchomp, Excadrill (who had the same set 99% of the time bar a 4th move or item choice), Thundurus, and Blaziken had. You also don't need to worry about being outsped, so it's not too hard to find something to kill it. Also Clerics like Chansey/Blissey, Celebi, etc. say hi.

I have claimed Giratina

How is he broken? SR, Starmie, offensive Deoxys-S, even Latios can all One or Two HKO him. There are many more pokemon who can as well, I just don't feel like naming them here. He's good, but not THAT good. You're overreacting about losing to the same pokemon over and over again.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

dragonite isn't broken, just powerful and versatile. he loses to ice, rocks, toxic, WoW, and many other things. if you're really having trouble with dnite, change up your team a bit to make it less dnite weak. if that isn't the issue...

GET BETTER AT BATTLING

so metal

^lol couldn't have said it better myself. He still does casue you to have hazards so you have a surefire way to beat him, considering the versertality he has.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It's common, but not that common.
    Not to be rude, but he's ranked No. 1 in OU usage, as of the most recent posts, unless they posted new ones.

He doesn't overcentralize it, but I do stand that he'll get a suspect vote. I'd say staying OU, as well as the majority of battlers, but... Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    GET BETTER AT BATTLING
    Lol.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Not to be rude, but he's ranked No. 1 in OU usage, as of the most recent posts, unless they posted new ones.
    Really? I don't check usage stats that much, but haven't seen that many...

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    IIRC he was ranked #1 in usage for the people with under 900 rating points. In the 1337+ stats, Toed was first, iirc.

I never have to many problems with Nite, typically I have SR up, Nite comes in on something, I switch to Porygon 2, it outrages which takes only half of Porygon2's HP and I 1HKO it with Ice Beam.

If they have a rapid spinner, then I would imagine Dragonite is a little bit tougher, but anything with Priority can dent it, then find something faster then Nite that can KO it (like a Dragon or Mamoswine). It's not that tough, definitely not Uber.

My Weavile destroys them, and if Dragonite is scarfed, he will most probably use Outrage so when Weavile bites the dust I bring out Metagross and watch him deal tiny amounts of damage.
    Pokemon Black fc: 0862 5521 7929
    Name: David

Credit goes to Northern Lights for making these awesome badges

Quote Originally Posted by Riceslash View Post
    My Weavile destroys them, and if Dragonite is scarfed, he will most probably use Outrage so when Weavile bites the dust I bring out Metagross and watch him deal tiny amounts of damage.
    Scarfnite? I don't think I've ever fought one of those. SR weakness, so most people prefer haxorus.

But Weavile and Mamoswine do make good checks for it. Especially Mamoswine, since it can use SR.

i see dragonite with so many threats to faint him i dont see him becoming ubers ever
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Not even close to broken. Probably the very best pokemon against AI in the subway, but against human opposition its just a good OU pokemon.

Dragonite's the best Pokemon in the world, and they need to make a new tier for him he's so amazing!

Below is my party. If you are wondering how it works, please mail me.

~~~~~

Quote of the Week:

"A flipped coin doesn't always land head or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDragonite View Post
    Dragonite's the best Pokemon in the world, and they need to make a new tier for him he's so amazing!
    Bias username much?
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast