Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Discussion

Apparently Type-0 had a boring story and clunky boss fights. Eep. It still looks loads better than XIII or XIII-2 though.

Versus XIII should just be renamed to XV. The XIII hype train already crashed in 2009.

I'm very excited for X HD.

I hope that V and VI get remade once Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is finished. Those two games are always being shafted by Squeenix in favor of IV, VII, X, or XIII. It's a shame because V had the best job system and VI had the best cast.

The only final fantasy games I have are final fantasy dissidia, kingdom hearts chain of memories, and final fantasy 4 the complete collection. No prizes for guessing which game I like
    Check out my youtube account, dementedvillian.

My current favorite video game theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcUulyx5HM0

How long ago waa FFXIII released and how long have they been working on XIII-2? 2 years ago? It seems like XIII-2 is comming kinda quickly to me. Probably cause of how long it took XIII to get here.

Final Fantasy IV is my favorite. It was the first Final Fantasy I played. I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for Final Fantasy X HD to be released. The game was fantastic, it was the first video game that made me cry. :P

I really hope Square Enix remakes Final Fantasy V for the DS. They did III & IV, so they have no reason not to remake it.

We could watch it fly, faster than I'm falling in love...
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/dxhkeb.png[/IMG]
    Misguided Ghosts [On-Going]

I hope they remake 5+ in 3D now that they have the 3DS to work with. Although that may be asking for a bit much.

I happened to also like FFIV, although I didn't really like the part where pretty much everyone dies (is gone) for most of the game and then magically reappear at the end. Also, I didn't like adult Rydia.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by □□□□□ View Post
    Final Fantasy Tactics, Nuff said.
    Nothing felt more epic then playing this game, that's why I claimed it
    If I had to choose my favorite one, Tactics would win hands down, but from the numbered series, I really like VI and IX

VI because of its cast, 14 playable characters and I love every one of them, even Gau, the scene where he finds his dad still makes me shed a tear. Also the fact that the villain actually destroyed the world makes it even better. (Also the final battle is based on the Divine Comedy, or so I heard)

IX's story is the one that I would really call a fantasy. It was fun throughout the entire game, and yes, it might've been filled with cliches, but they didn't make me groan or anything. Also, I love Vivi and Steiner.
    Black FC: 4556 4638 8851
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 0387-9290-9349
    Ground Safari: Sandshrew, Dugtrio, Diggersby

I start getting into it when was playing Final Fantasy IX and it was the first FF game I've played. After I beat IX, a friend of mine recommend me to try VII and VIII. I borrowed VIII and I found out the song "Eyes on Me" is the same song from my dad's chinese/cantonese cds (no wonder it sounded familiar). The last game I've played was Final Fantasy X, I stop where I have to crash the wedding but ended deleting my game save. I saw my bro play XIII for alway and the game didn't caught my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    I hope they remake 5+ in 3D now that they have the 3DS to work with. Although that may be asking for a bit much.

I happened to also like FFIV, although I didn't really like the part where pretty much everyone dies (is gone) for most of the game and then magically reappear at the end. Also, I didn't like adult Rydia.
    I hope they don't. The last thing we need are FF5 and FF6 a 5th time. I don't want to see those games rereleased again outside of a compilation title or cheap digital rereleases on steam, vc, xbla etc.

Remakes of 7-9 would be okay, but we don't really need them.
    Last edited by Zazie; 8th December 2011 at 4:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    The last thing we need [is] FF5 a 5th time.
    If you want to count Japanese releases (I do) and virtual releases (I don't), it's been released five times already. It still seems to be one of the more ignored entries in the series. Not despised, ignored. It may just be my perception and/or the fact that it's buried in a morass of a series that includes bishonen with physics-wounding hair and generic dark pasts?

I can accept that you'd prefer a remake of FF9. I've espoused the virtues of that game all the time. But ignore FF5 again? That's a pretty nice game, too, and would way prefer it to FF7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    If you want to count Japanese releases (I do) and virtual releases (I don't), it's been released five times already. It still seems to be one of the more ignored entries in the series. Not despised, ignored. It may just be my perception and/or the fact that it's buried in a morass of a series that includes bishonen with physics-wounding hair and generic dark pasts?

I can accept that you'd prefer a remake of FF9. I've espoused the virtues of that game all the time. But ignore FF5 again? That's a pretty nice game, too, and would way prefer it to FF7.
    Sorry, I miscounted, I meant to say 4th time (I don't count VC). FF5 really hasn't been that negelected, it came out on the PS1 and GBA along with 1,2, 4 and 6. The main reason people don't talk about 2 and 5 as much as 1, 4 and 6 has more to do with nostalgia, since they weren't originally released on nes/snes.

I am not against the game be released again however, just remakes. There is no need to charge players 40 dollars for 15+ year old games that have already had upgraded versions.

I just think that there are certain Final Fantasy games that could really do with remakes, like 6, 8 and 9. But then with games like 7, I really like the way the graphics are as they sort of made the game more memorable, in my opinion. That's one of the reasons why I don't really care if Square-Enix don't make an FF7 remake. A remake of FF8 would be truly glorious!

xxx

I'm for an FF5 remake. Let's face it, the Advance games were pretty much just ports with a few extra dungeons and items and you can't call a decent translation a feature of it, either (Even if it was really good). Personally, I'd rather have a remake like FF3 and 4's DS ones were.

With how many people have iPhones, is it possible that 3 has nearly as much exposure as 5 does now? I don't know, I can't find the FF3 sales for iOS.

I've actually never played a FF game before, I'm ashamed to say. I saw FF3 for the DS a few days ago for Ł6, so I picked it up to try, figuring I wouldn't be out of a lot of money if I didn't like it. Gonna play it as soon as I get time to, quite hopeful about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I'm for an FF5 remake. Let's face it, the Advance games were pretty much just ports with a few extra dungeons and items and you can't call a decent translation a feature of it, either (Even if it was really good). Personally, I'd rather have a remake like FF3 and 4's DS ones were.
    What else would you want from a rerelease besides bonus content? Polygonal graphics? They don't make the game any better.
    Last edited by Zazie; 8th December 2011 at 11:22 PM.

What else would you want from a rerelease besides bonus content? Polygonal graphics? They don't make the game any better.
    Of course, this is talking about a DS remake.

A 3DS remake would definitely be a huge remake.

How about more bonus content than a single dungeon?

FF4DS overhauled the level up system and used Augments, adding several sidequests and making certain things that were useless in the original worth doing. The Mappingway sidequest encouraged and rewarded exploration. The game had a New Game + system, adding bosses that put even the FFIVA superbosses to shame.

How about that?

Perhaps I think it's a good enough game to deserve more exposure to an audience that may not have the chance to play it on any other system?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    How about more bonus content than a single dungeon?

FF4DS overhauled the level up system and used Augments, adding several sidequests and making certain things that were useless in the original worth doing. The Mappingway sidequest encouraged and rewarded exploration. The game had a New Game + system, adding bosses that put even the FFIVA superbosses to shame.

How about that?

Perhaps I think it's a good enough game to deserve more exposure to an audience that may not have the chance to play it on any other system?
    Fair enough, I can't say I wouldn't buy it since I don't have FF5.

FFXIII wasnt at all a bad storyline, but damn the game itself was the hardest ive ever played. Ive played 7,8,9,10,13 as to date and i cant believe they are making an online FF...
    Pokemon black friend code - 5286 3574 5008
    Check out my trade thread!
    Trade shop of awesomeness!

The Final Fantasy games that get all the credit are VI/VII and everything after. Any FF that came before counts as something of a neglected entry in its own right, I think.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    The Final Fantasy games that get all the credit are VI/VII and everything after. Any FF that came before counts as something of a neglected entry in its own right, I think.
    Don't you know, apparently every Final Fantasy game besides those 2 completely suck and ruined the franchise.

Not only are those completely overrated, but it gets tiresome when people keep comparing everyone in the series to them and can't just enjoy a game on its own.

Might as well keep pushing out the same game with updated graphics at this point.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Yeah I don't really agree with the people who think only FFVI/VII are good, but I will say that I think the Final Fantasy series went downhill ever since Enix!

xxx

I have only played 4 and 13. 4 was a lot of fun...

And so was 13.

I really liked 13 - yeah, it was linear, but how is that a BAD THING? If anything, it's better because you actually know where you're going, unlike in the older games where its easy to forget. In one of the classic ones, if you save on the world map and don't go on it for months, you're gonna have no bloody idea where to go, where as on 13 it's obvious where to go. I liked the characters, especially Sazh, he added a lot of comedy.

Okay, i'll admit the story is all over the place (but then again, so is the story in MOST Final Fantasies) and the battle and levelling systems are confusing at times, but those are my only nitpicks with what i think is a great game overall.

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

XIII-2 has a ridiculously good OST. Most people will probably hate it, but I love how experimental some of the songs are. XIII played it safe and went for typical post-VII JRPG shit.

XIII-2 Looks ridiculously good. I want the game badly but the Vita is only 22 days after that. Man its gonna be a tight budget for me to buy everything I want from 2012 gamewise.

The first half-hour is amazing. The game starts off with a bang, to say the least. And the cutscenes are neat because you can actually press buttons to effect how Lightning and Caius battle. This game does so many things right.

I actually really like Caius. It's obvious that they tried their best to top Sephiroth, and they may have succeeded. Kefka is still the best antagonist though.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast