Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Discussion

Not sure if any of you will find this funny, but this opinion of Noel from G4 made me chuckle.

"The coolest Kingdom Hearts rejected character to ever hit a Final Fantasy game."

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    It wouldn't be an RPG if you didn't grind a lot you know.
    Yes, actually, it would still be an RPG if it didn't involve excess grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Yes, actually, it would still be an RPG if it didn't involve excess grinding.
    I quite agree with this. It's a little bit too extreme in XIII considering not only do you have to grind a lot, but you should be grinding the turtles which take a long time to kill and you have to use very specific techniques. Grinding any other fiend will get you mediocre results.

xxx

Someday The Dream Will End and FFIV's Final Battle Theme are instabuy Theatrhythm DLC. I just hate the concept of DLC at launch. IMO the point of DLC is to extend a game's lifetime by adding new content. DLC at launch defeats that purpose...

agree.

also I thought I bring this up since now we have lighting as monster and omega who not even from XIII what other superboss/past character would you like as XIII 2 dlc and what role would they be.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    This is exactly what I thought. No matter what they say the story's like, you have to buy the next Final Fantasy. But for me, it's been going down hill since Final Fantasy X, and I don't think I'll bother with any future games from the franchise unless they really go back to their traditional style. First smart decision from SE in a long time was that they're not tampering with the storyline of FFX.
    Exactly. I mean, I'd heard that XIII was mediocre before I got it, but justified getting it anyway, thinking, "Nah, that's just in comparison to all of the other games in the series. It'll still be good on its own." Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

And I liked XII a lot, even though it definitely had a different feel to it than I expect from the series, which I didn't like. It could've been done as some sort of side game or a Tactics or something in my opinion (even though it wasn't a strategy game). That said, if I had played XIII without knowing what it was called, I would sooner assume that calling the canary that lives in the guy's afro a chocobo was some sort of copyright infringement than I would think I was playing Final Fantasy. Oh, and a couple of the summons' names. They definitely need to get back form as far as I'm concerned.

It was just too bad about X-2, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Oh man, XIII-2 is soooo good. I love it even more than XIII, and that's certainly saying something.

The non-linear nature of the game lets me take it at my own pace while not overwhelming me with a bunch of random missions at once. The music is fantastic (I was initially wary at Naoshi Mizuta being such a prominent composer, as I'm not a fan of his work on XI or 4WoL at all, but damn he knocked it out of the park with XIII-2. I dunno if it was him finally being able to stretch his legs in a bunch of different genres or what, but I want MORE of him.), as well. It's rare that FF does something this different, and I think it's worked out pretty damn well. I’m glad Square Enix decided to try something fresh instead of sticking to XIII’s sound. The vocal tracks, especially the ones sang by Origa, give off some huge Nier vibes to me, which is always great.

The little tweaks to the battle system (instant Paradigm Shifting/monster taming/switching party leaders, etc) make it a lot more enjoyable, as well. All in all, I can see this as being one of my GotYs and more than likely my favorite FF game behind XII. I seriously can't put this damn game down. :|
    No offense to you, but I still marvel at the fact that people like XIII. Especially since all the things people like about it are pretty much the exact things I hate about it.

imo the series went down hill starting with five and six then got better with 7-10 2 but after that they sorta drop back down.

but XIII 2 for me has regain the trust square had lost with XII and XIII

anyway a topic

what you favorite monster in the series.

I have always loved the Behemoths of FF because they felt like minibosses every single time I fought them.

Tonberry is a close second.

I have always loved the Behemoths of FF because they felt like minibosses every single time I fought them.

Tonberry is a close second.
    I have a Grand Behemoth as my Ravager monster, and I feel like a freaking boss! What a badass creature he is. That 644 Atk Power. Mmmmm....

Anyways, fought Lightning and Amodar just an hour ago, and got my *** whooped. I did beat both if them, but it took me forever to beat both of them, especially Amodar. He's always buffed, and my characters aren't strong enough to inflict decent damage on him. I can probably get only 1/3 of his life everytime I stagger him, but then he uses Mediguard and then uses his Limit Breaker... So freaking annoying.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    imo the series went down hill starting with five and six then got better with 7-10 2 but after that they sorta drop back down.

anyway a topic

Uh...... maybe V wasn't too great, but VI.... really? It was an amazing game! And you're including X-2 in what made the franchise better....? I know it's all a matter of opinion, but seriously X-2 was THE worst game to ever come from SE. And I still think XIII is far greater than XIII-2. They wanted to take all the bad parts of XIII and improve for the sequel but I think they epically failed upon removing all the playable characters.

As for my favourite monster (or boss in this case), it would have to be Lady Yunalesca from FFX and her three forms! If we're including summons then it would be Siren from VIII.

xxx

V is underrated and VI is amazing nuff said. They both improved on IV and the ones before which I didn't like much to begin with.

I'm tempted to go as far and say VII is just VI with a makeover and with extra side stories. I won't.

I don't like any of the monsters to be honest. They're like Zubat really.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 10th February 2012 at 1:43 PM.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Uh...... maybe V wasn't too great, but VI.... really? It was an amazing game! And you're including X-2 in what made the franchise better....? I know it's all a matter of opinion, but seriously X-2 was THE worst game to ever come from SE. And I still think XIII is far greater than XIII-2. They wanted to take all the bad parts of XIII and improve for the sequel but I think they epically failed upon removing all the playable characters.
    I heard there will be DLCs for characters such as; Lightening, Snow and Sazh giving them a story in this game. Just another way for SE to squeeze more cash from our pockets -.-

Quote Originally Posted by OMN's_SkyNet18 View Post
    I heard there will be DLCs for characters such as; Lightening, Snow and Sazh giving them a story in this game. Just another way for SE to squeeze more cash from our pockets -.-
    Playing as Lightning might make the game 10x better. Never cared too much for Sazh and they seriously ruined Snow's look in this game. :< I'm sort of glad Vanille's gone but Fang and (young) Hope should have been here!! Especially Fang!!

xxx

reason I say 6 wasn't good was cause

1 the story was confuse like ok who the real bad guy oh ok wait now that he a god he wan't to destory everything
    2 i just couldn't get into it fully like other

and the reason x2 was good cause for me it just had that much impact on me.

Playing as Lightning might make the game 10x better. Never cared too much for Sazh and they seriously ruined Snow's look in this game. :< I'm sort of glad Vanille's gone but Fang and (young) Hope should have been here!! Especially Fang!!
    I just had to google Snow's new look -- They took his headgear away :c

well for me lighting is the only one i actually excited for but i hope there a hope side that say how alyssa disappear since she said when they next meet she wont be there did hope find out and arrest her or something?

1 the story was confuse like ok who the real bad guy oh ok wait now that he a god he wan't to destory everything

and the reason x2 was good cause for me it just had that much impact on me.
    Protip - Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it isn't any good. I absolutely loathe FFX. I hated almost the entire game. But I won't say its a bad game, merely that its not for me.

And VI's plot is pretty straightforward, can't really see how you could get too confused (Hell its far more straightforward than VII is even). I mean, if you think VI is confusing you'd probably have an aneurysm trying to understand the politics and betrayals in Tactics.

Likewise, just because you like something, it doesn't mean it was good. Look at twilight. Its popular, and by literary standards it is an objectively terrible book.

Quote Originally Posted by OMN's_SkyNet18 View Post
    >Sazh

Shut up and take my money, Square Enix.

Dear God, let it be a troll.

XII was actually a really decent game. The world was empty and the gameplay was a bit bland, but it was still excellent (especially in the story department).

You definitely just read a three-line summary of Final Fantasy VI online (the "bad guy/god/destory" part gave it away). I refuse to believe that someone who thinks that XIII-2 is a return to form for the series could say that VI, one of the best JRPGs of all time, is "confusing" and "not good". (it's really not all that confusing compared to XIII-2's time paradoxes and DAT ENDING).

Well, it's hard to get into a game that you did not play. You make it seem as though you made it to the part where "the bad guy" destroys the world, but that is 20 hours in. So you clearly got into it if you made it that far.

And going back to previous things that you said, I don't get how you could be confused as to who the bad guys were. Gestahl, and Kefka. That's it. You implied that you were a fan of Final Fantasy IX, which had a totally random and unexplained final boss. Kefka was mentioned in the first fifteen minutes of VI. XIII-2 is even more confusing because it technically doesn't even have a bad guy. Its antagonist is definitely an anti-villain.

ok sorry to anyone i offend

anyway my personal favorite monster is Mablor or whatever they call those thing that do bad breat and lamia just cool ideas and desgins.

favorite boss like monster omega.

ok sorry to anyone i offend

anyway my personal favorite monster is Mablor or whatever they call those thing that do bad breat and lamia just cool ideas and desgins.

favorite boss like monster omega.
    I hate Malboro personally. They are very annoying to kill thanks to their Bad Breath attack. God those status ailments suck. At least Tonberry is nice enough to walk towards you slowly and stab you with it's knife lol.

At least Tonberry is nice enough to walk towards you slowly and stab you with it's knife lol.
    lol This reminds me of Mission 34 in Final Fantasy XIII in the Haerii Archaeopolis. Some large undying Cie'th appears and Tonberry stabs it once near it's foot and it instantly dies. It's a shame Tonberry itself was so easy to beat in this game.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    No offense to you, but I still marvel at the fact that people like XIII. Especially since all the things people like about it are pretty much the exact things I hate about it.
    *shrug* No biggie. Can't like everything.

I love Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. Final Fantasy XIII was the first major Final Fantasy game I ever played and it instantly drew my interest. I'm currently playing XIII-2 at the moment and it's great.

I finished FFXIII-2 and I give it a 8.0 like many other sites have in their review.

The story got really bad near the end is what really brought it down. The graphics are still gorgeous and the ATB battle system is still the best.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast