Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Discussion

Well, if this is correct, that completely demolishes the idea that Bravely Default is coming overseas.

Damn.

It doesn't completely demolish the idea, but the All The Bravest trademark was pretty much the only hope BD:FF fans were clinging to.

I'm sure we'll get it on iOS at some point though.

Hey you guys, have you heard that there's a petition for a North American and European localization for Final Fantasy Type-0? I just signed it, because I've been waiting a year for the darn localized release! If y'all have been waiting for a long time or just want the other FF fans to have what they want, you should definitely sign the petition!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Loc..._for_the_West/
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    It doesn't completely demolish the idea, but the All The Bravest trademark was pretty much the only hope BD:FF fans were clinging to.

I'm sure we'll get it on iOS at some point though.
    Didn't Square learn their lesson for iOS game with TWEWY?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Didn't Square learn their lesson for iOS game with TWEWY?
    That game should of hit the Vita and not iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    That version kind of demolishes the whole "trust your partner" aesop.

Hanekoma: Trust your partner, Neku! Tap their pin to let them help ya! *Laughs and sips some coffee*

Is FFXIII (either original or sequel) good? I heard bad and good things about it, and I'm not sure if I should get it, rent it, or leave it alone.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Is FFXIII (either original or sequel) good? I heard bad and good things about it, and I'm not sure if I should get it, rent it, or leave it alone.
    Don't listen to the internet, just buy the game for yourself. You'll just need a very opened mind. It is;t the best, but not the worse series. And when you play the game, set the cursor to abilites not Auto-battle.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Final Fantasy 13 is a great game. its really beautiful and the story is great. the only bad things u really hear is the game is super linear and the combat is really really easy.. but besides that its a really good game. get the original first tho cause i like it more then 13-2

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Well, if this is correct, that completely demolishes the idea that Bravely Default is coming overseas.

Damn.
    umm, im pretty sure they already announced it for the 3DS in 2014......

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    no, twewy needs 2 screens, nuff said.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    umm, im pretty sure they already announced it for the 3DS in 2014......
    Did you even realize that my post was several months behind about the official release, which in turn made it impossible for me to know at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Did you even realize that my post was several months behind about the official release, which in turn made it impossible for me to know at the time?
    LOL I think they didn't read the date it was posted?
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Why do I feel like this thread will become nothing more than a place to trash XIII?

It's amazing how pissy some people still are after all this time. You don't like XIII, we get it. Just shut up and get over and go back to playing the old ones.
    This says it all.

Speaking of how bad XIII is, VIII is getting an HD remake. Yet still nothing for V.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Speaking of how bad XIII is, VIII is getting an HD remake. Yet still nothing for V.
    lol probably nothing fancy coming from Square Enix.
    Last edited by KrayzieBuddha; 22nd May 2013 at 6:20 AM.

And I believe that they are remaking IV again, this time for the 3DS. I'm glad, cuz that is my favorite one.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Have to say that I'm looking toward to see how XIV's reboot is going to be like. Hopefully it sill be better than the initial release. I mean, The initial release had to be really bad if even Square omitted it during the series 25th Anniversary back last year and even in THEATRYTHMN.

Speaking of THEATRYTHMN, I'd like to give it huge thanks for introducing me to what is probably one of the best Original Stores in "One-Winged Angel". That score is SOO good with yet SOO firing lyrics in Latin of all things.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

"Those Chosen By the Planet" is much better than any version of OWA.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Why do I feel like this thread will become nothing more than a place to trash XIII?

It's amazing how pissy some people still are after all this time. You don't like XIII, we get it. Just shut up and get over and go back to playing the old ones.
    Really XIII is one of my favs. Better then the 7 one everyone seems to love for some reason Did like the 7 spinoff however for ps2

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Really XIII is one of my favs. Better then the 7 one everyone seems to love for some reason Did like the 7 spinoff however for ps2
    Honestly you cannot tell me that a mediocre at best third person shooter is better than 7, even if you don't like 7 that's going a bit far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Honestly you cannot tell me that a mediocre at best third person shooter is better than 7, even if you don't like 7 that's going a bit far.
    My opinion is my opinion. It is ok if you don't like it. Not like I'm bashing FF7 or anything just saying what I enjoyed more. Could be I did not play FF 7 until I was in highschool in 2012 and might not have liked it as much as people who grew up on it

Eh, part of the reason people still haven't moved on from XIII is because SE hasn't moved on, but I don't really want to get into a pissing contest over XIII so this is all I want to say on this matter. As for the remake of IV, I love that game but come on, dedicate that effort and resources to other games; whether they be remakes or new. Recently been trying to do a complete 100% for VII, I'll just say it's taking a lot of time because of point of no returns and RNG.
    Last edited by shadow wolf; 23rd May 2013 at 9:27 AM. Reason: Grammer
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    Eh, part of the reason people still haven't moved on from XIII is because SE hasn't moved on, but I don't really want to get into a pissing contest over XIII so this is all I want to say on this matter.
    Actually, this is probably a good point. "Fabula Nova Crystalis," the "Compilation of Final Fantasy XIII," if you will, is a ten-year project. Precious few actually liked FFXIII, and yet they gave them a big middle finger and kept going.

I mean, it's their company and all and who gives a damn, but

Considering how they seem to handle Faris sometimes, I don't think I want an FFV remake.

Also, FFVIII is nowhere near as bad as some people say it is. Then again, I actually played it. The Junction/Draw system can be a little micromanagement-y, but it's nothing that can't be handled. Its writing may not be great, but what water does that argument hold? The rest of the series is badly-written, too, and honestly, it's on par with that. That said, though, FFVII is probably the one most in need of a remake (especially from a visual perspective, goddamn) -- and the one that I'm most surprised hasn't gotten it yet.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 23rd May 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Actually, this is probably a good point. "Fabula Nova Crystalis," the "Compilation of Final Fantasy XIII," if you will, is a ten-year project. Precious few actually liked FFXIII, and yet they gave them a big middle finger and kept going.

I mean, it's their company and all and who gives a damn, but
    Yeah, pretty much. That's why half (I know it's more than that) of the fanbase is frustrated. For the Final Fantasy series being stuck on a "saga" for this long would indeed rub half of the fanbase the wrong way.

As someone who's aiming to be a Game Designer and Programmer, and is constantly analyzing the industry, this decision really doesn't make any sense, okay I have a idea of why it's happening. As much as I would love to call them egotistical pricks, I really don't think that is what going on here, I believe it has more to due with monetary losses. We (consumer and company) witnessed the crushing failure of XIV, which as we know is just god awful. Also assuming that funds have been pumped into Versus since they debuted the trailer and is nowhere to be seen would result in a substantial loss for the company; of course, operating under the assumption that Versus has been funded since its reveal. So what does a company who is facing financial troubles do? Simple they try to maximize output for minimal input. How do you do that? Recycle the most current product, in this case XIII. What do they have to do really? The design, world, characters, engine, etc... are already finished meaning all they really have do is work on the exterior of the game, in this case the plot, some minor alterations to characters, etc... I better stop before I truly go on a Game Design Theory Binge here. So to make a long story short, the XIII saga is most likely due to financial woes; at least to me.

Yeah, companies need to be careful though. Since one of the worst mistakes a company can make is to alienate/anger/(what have you) their loyal/diehard/long-time consumer fanbase. Since they are your bread and butter after all.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Considering how they seem to handle Faris sometimes, I don't think I want an FFV remake.
    Playing V for the characters and story? Didn't think those kinds of people existed since V is known for game play. I just want the OST and could care less for the actual game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    Yeah, companies need to be careful though. Since one of the worst mistakes a company can make is to alienate/anger/(what have you) their loyal/diehard/long-time consumer fanbase. Since they are your bread and butter after all.
    No. They can "ignore" (as much as XIII is "ignoring") loyal die-hard fans simply because they are loyal die-hards and will likely be there no matter what. They'll stick around and come back. Casual fans, relatively speaking, are the ones with the disposable income and the ones SE wants. This is clearly evident with XIII. So many people complain about it and it's been going on for years now but you can bet that most of those same people will buy the next installment (whether they skipped this one or bought it) if it looks good enough. All of this is because of loyalty which is why SE can get away with it and why Final Fantasy (well, any series') die-hard fans can get "ignored." Or alienated if you want to put it that way.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast