Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Discussion

So, I got VII off of PSN the other day. Haven't played it yet, since I'm doing other things and want to play Persona 3 first.

Anything I should be wary of?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    So, I got VII off of PSN the other day. Haven't played it yet, since I'm doing other things and want to play Persona 3 first.

The horrible blind idiot translation. Besides that, you is good.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    The horrible blind idiot translation.
    Which is how bad?

Besides that, you is good.
    Great.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

I've officially played Final Fantasy 13 for 100 hours. I'm now officially ready to take on Satan in a fist fight.

The fandom.

Oh, you mean in the game itself. Uh, see above. Otherwise, 7 is a decent game. I think it's a little overrated, but I think that about a lot of the games. Also that's discussion for another time.

Also, always keep up with Materia management. But I think that that's pretty much a quickly-learend behavior.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 9th May 2012 at 2:02 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Which is how bad?
    For one, you're going to get used to "Aeris". Second, some weird sentences come up from time to time.

Also, another different thing is that everything is very cubic-looking outside of battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Fugit View Post
    The fandom.
    I never will deal with them. Don't want to.

Oh, you mean in the game itself. Uh, see above. Otherwise, 7 is a decent game. I think it's a little overrated, but I think that about a lot of the games. Also that's discussion for another time.
    Is it all that overrated for a 12+ year old game?

Also, always keep up with Materia management. But I think that that's pretty much a quickly-learend behavior.
    Materia? I need more free time.

For one, you're going to get used to "Aeris". Second, some weird sentences come up from time to time.
    Like what?

Also, another different thing is that everything is very cubic-looking outside of battles.
    Cool.
    Douglas Adams

I've officially played Final Fantasy 13 for 100 hours. I'm now officially ready to take on Satan in a fist fight.
    You poor thing. I'm so, so sorry. No one should ever have to endure that.

It's definitely overrated, but it's still a very very very good game, and definitely a contender for being the best ever. It's just not hands-down the best as some people will have you believe.

Has my memory been tampered with, or is it not true that you can pick all of your characters' names, making this entirely a non-issue if one so chooses?

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Really? I'd never heard great things about it, but I suppose that's approximately exactly what you mean when you say "underrated". I probably would have played it anyway, though, if it weren't for the whole online MMORPG thing, since I've never liked those. I'd try an offline one for sure, though, and that'd definitely be preferable to remaking X, but then again I guess that applies to most things that they could do that aren't whoring out successful old games or series' names for money.
    I've never played it either but I've watched the entire story and it's wonderful. It also has a very nice soundtrack too. I'm pretty sure that at least 50% bash it because they don't consider it a true Final Fantasy game while the other half probably has some legitimate complaints. I don't really know if that's changed over time because I don't participate in that fandom because they ***** about everything.

Anywho, I've started playing VI recently, and the only disappointment I've experienced is not having done so earlier. It's pretty easy to see why so many people think it's even better than VII.
    It's good that you finally played VI. Wonderful game.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    You poor thing. I'm so, so sorry. No one should ever have to endure that.
    Maybe so, but at least I have good proof of what a truly bad game is.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I've never played it either but I've watched the entire story and it's wonderful. It also has a very nice soundtrack too. I'm pretty sure that at least 50% bash it because they don't consider it a true Final Fantasy game while the other half probably has some legitimate complaints. I don't really know if that's changed over time because I don't participate in that fandom because they ***** about everything.
    Now I'd definitely be interested in at least trying it if it were offline. Given Square-Enix's penchant for seeming to do most things completely nonsensically and wrong nowadays, though, I'm not gonna hold my breath. But it's easy to understand the complaints about it not being a "real" Final Fantasy game (at least in terms of the main series) given the whole online requirement and gameplay, at least from my standpoint (the standpoint being that I don't like online play much and I especially hate paying for it).

It's good that you finally played VI. Wonderful game.
    It really, truly is. It does suck that I keep missing all this stuff since it's my first time through and I don't want to follow a guide every step of the way, though. But then again, games that you want to play more than once are usually the better ones, so I guess that works out. Also, years on the internet have left me with no uncertainty about who the final boss is (though I'm at a point where it's fairly apparent anyway, I guess).

Maybe so, but at least I have good proof of what a truly bad game is.
    That's true. You're a braver man than me, that's for sure.

Actually, you're kinda like one of those extreme mountaineers, in a way. "Why did you play Final Fantasy XIII for so long?" "Because it was there."

I changed my mind on Final Fantasy XIII-2. Again. After that DLC Finale I officially love the ending. It was very... sudden in the game, but the DLC did it beautifully. Also, the secret ending gave us a glimpse of Final Fantasy XIII-3, so it's definitely going to happen. Hopefully after Versus XIII.

I keep telling myself that XIII is crap, but I'm genuinely intrigued to see what Nomura/Toriyama are going to do with XIII-3.     Spoiler:- XIII-2 DLC:
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 18th May 2012 at 6:26 AM.

anyone got any tips for the Lightning DLC with the first battle again Caius? i keep getting destroyed in that battle
    Pearlshipper!!!!!!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by Sensesfail View Post
    anyone got any tips for the Lightning DLC with the first battle again Caius? i keep getting destroyed in that battle
    You have to 5 star it to get the Secret Ending. Thankfully you can adjust your level, so use level 4/5/6-ish. Don't go too high or you won't get 5 stars.

Playing through FFX, and is there a way to re-enter the Macalania Cloister of Trials temple? I try to go back, but it seems the enemies just keep on respawning.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Did anyone see the new video of FFXV? I can't find it, but it's a trailer of FF Versus XIII in a university lecture hall and suddenly the Final Fantasy XV logo appears at the end of it. It will be on PS3 and Wii-U.

I don't know of it's real. We may see it as a surprise reveal come E3 (Versus is slated to not appear.)

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Did anyone see the new video of FFXV? I can't find it, but it's a trailer of FF Versus XIII in a university lecture hall and suddenly the Final Fantasy XV logo appears at the end of it. It will be on PS3 and Wii-U.

I don't know of it's real. We may see it as a surprise reveal come E3 (Versus is slated to not appear.)
    Pretty sure it's fake, but you can double check for yourself.

Square Enix confirmed it as fake.

http://kotaku.com/5914989/square-eni...is-indeed-fake

Although I was hoping Versus XIII would be changed to XV. While I'm in the minority that enjoyed XIII and it's sequel, I really want SE to move on to a brand new installment already. At this point It'll probably be at least five year gap between XIII and XV
    Last edited by Shadowcloud92; 3rd June 2012 at 9:56 AM.

E3 2012:

Meanwhile, at Square Enix...

EDIT: https://form.square-enix.com/a.p/933/

A survey you can fill out MUST FILL OUT if you want Final Fantasy XV (or XVI if Versus ends up being XV) to look like this and not some Anime angstfest like XIII.
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 6th June 2012 at 6:18 AM.

It wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. Then again, I might actually buy it just because it looked better than Versus XIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    It wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. Then again, I might actually buy it just because it looked better than Versus XIII.
    I thought the same thing at first. Then on my second viewing I read that it was rendered in real time and my brain exploded.

How can they be re-releasing Final Fantasy III on the PSP? Where's my superior Final Fantasy V remake Square Enix?

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    How can they be re-releasing Final Fantasy III on the PSP? Where's my superior Final Fantasy V remake Square Enix?
    Remaking V involves effort. Porting III DS to the PSP took absolutely no effort whatsoever. They didn't even enhance the graphics at all. It still looks like a DS game even though it's on the PSP.

It's V's 20th anniversary, so a remake could definitely be in the works. I just hope Bartz looks more like this and less like this.

So I recently got Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI for the Gameboy Advance. I played IV and didn't like it at all. How are V and VI compared to IV?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    So I recently got Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI for the Gameboy Advance. I played IV and didn't like it at all. How are V and VI compared to IV?
    Did you finish IV yet? It gets a lot better after it turns into a Sci-Fi story with spaceships and stuff.

V is really different from IV. It's job based, and it's actually a really fun light-hearted game (though it gets really dark near the end).

VI is more similar to IV, but it's often regarded as the best Final Fantasy game for a reason. It has a massive cast of characters, but the bright side is that you can choose your party out of the large roster (IV forced you to use certain characters). The story is amazing. I don't want to spoil it, but it's one of the darkest Final Fantasy games. You can easily relate to the characters, too, so even though it's a dark game it has a lot of heart. The music is some of the best in the franchise. Definitely play VI to the end (I would have advised you to give it a "try", but it really does deserve to be played all the way through). And wait for Shadow on the Floating Continent. He will come back before the time runs out.

I would advise you to play VI first, and then play V on a rainy day (it's a part of the main series so it should not be missed, but it's definitely not one of the best - VI is, however).

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Remaking V involves effort. Porting III DS to the PSP took absolutely no effort whatsoever. They didn't even enhance the graphics at all. It still looks like a DS game even though it's on the PSP.

It's V's 20th anniversary, so a remake could definitely be in the works. I just hope Bartz looks more like this and less like this.
    I agree with you on Bartz's appearance. I was half-expecting them to give us a surprise reveal of V at E3 but it was a disappointment just like the rest of that conference. Still, I could do without all of the ports that Square Enix does. At least it's not another IV release.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast