Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Discussion

Final fantasy is awesome and i think that Bartz apparence is well the same exact response that terra brandford gave
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

http://andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_remake/

Wada confirmed that Final Fantasy VII's remake will come after a better-than-VII Final Fantasy comes out. Meaning that this confirms it will come out after VI's remake.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I'm so glad Wada burned his entire company, because what he said was the absolute truth. I hate the focus on Final Fantasy VII when VI is clearly the best in the franchise (why doesn't Square Enix realize this?!?), but at least they've clued in that the present Final Fantasy is a hollow shell of what it used to be. Pretty graphics can't fix shallow gameplay and cookie-cutter characters.

Sorry if someone already brought it up at some point in this thread but.....
    Theatrhythm FF anyone?

*hides*

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    VI is clearly the best in the franchise (why doesn't Square Enix realize this?!?)
    No it isn't clear. There is absolutely no consensus on what the best final fantasy game is.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good game, but not everyone who doesn't think 7 is the best is going to agree that 6 is. Everyone has their own list of favorites. Personally I think the game is kind of marred by some of the gimmick characters like Sabin and Gau. (It my second favorite out of the ones I have played however)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I grabbed FFI and FFVII: Crisis Core for my PSP recently. Can't wait to start playing them.

I'm so glad Wada burned his entire company, because what he said was the absolute truth.
    I think XI is really good and the best Final Fantasy that Square Enix released but the other non-Square titles, I agree, have been pretty lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Sorry if someone already brought it up at some point in this thread but.....
    Theatrhythm FF anyone?

*hides*
    Not for me.

I'm currently waiting for my copy of Final Fantasy XII to come in the mail. Can't wait to play it!

So far I've played:

-Final Fantasy XIII
    -Final Fantasy XIII-2
    -Final Fantasy VII
    -Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Likely going to be one of the main series I run on my new PS3.

With VIII being the first PSN buy I'll make - hopefully I've become good enough to actually play through it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Likely going to be one of the main series I run on my new PS3.

With VIII being the first PSN buy I'll make - hopefully I've become good enough to actually play through it lol.
    If I'm not mistaken, VIII is actually the easiest Final Fantasy. You can play through the entire game without leveling up once because the enemies' levels are based on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    I'm currently waiting for my copy of Final Fantasy XII to come in the mail. Can't wait to play it!

So far I've played:

-Final Fantasy XIII
    -Final Fantasy XIII-2
    -Final Fantasy VII
    -Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
    XII is an excellent choice. I really liked the battle system and I thought it was a shame when XIII introduced a crappier version of ATB. You should also try out X, which is probably my third favorite behind VI and VII. You can skip I, II, III, and V. IV and VI are basically the foundation of modern RPGs, so you definitely have to play those at some point (IV has a million ports/remakes, so you won't have a hard time finding a copy).
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 27th June 2012 at 4:51 PM.

XII is an excellent choice. I really liked the battle system and I thought it was a shame when XIII introduced a crappier version of ATB. You should also try out X, which is probably my third favorite behind VI and VII. You can skip I, II, III, and V. IV and VI are basically the foundation of modern RPGs, so you definitely have to play those at some point (IV has a million ports/remakes, so you won't have a hard time finding a copy).
    Thanks for the tips!

Has anybody heard when Type-0 will be released for North America? I heard it might be PS Vita, but they better not; I don't own a Vita yet.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

If I'm not mistaken, VIII is actually the easiest Final Fantasy. You can play through the entire game without leveling up once because the enemies' levels are based on your own.
    It may be, I was a lot worse of a player when I first tried it and could never get past the mechanical spider boss on my own. Got through about the first half of the game with a friend once but that was it.

I'm so glad Wada burned his entire company, because what he said was the absolute truth. I hate the focus on Final Fantasy VII when VI is clearly the best in the franchise (why doesn't Square Enix realize this?!?), but at least they've clued in that the present Final Fantasy is a hollow shell of what it used to be. Pretty graphics can't fix shallow gameplay and cookie-cutter characters.
    Have FFVI, stopped at the part where Terra and crew has to escape the cave or something with the old man, so I can't say too much about this game, but... I personally found FFVIII 0.0000002% better than FFVII ... There, I said it! World, LAUGH AT ME NOW!

Anyways, @Manafi's Dream
    How much did you get FFXII for (including S/H)?
    Because I lost my original FFXII CE edition (with the awesome metallic case), I went to GameStop to buy another one used (unfortunately, without the *****ing metal case now), and got it for about $12 (with tax included). I want to know who got ripped off out of the two of us, and by how much.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Oh, there's this thread. I've been looking for it.
    No, not really, but I do love Final Fantasy. Well, at least FF1-10 and 12. My favorite's 4, my least favorite's 8. 13's ok, but could have been better.
    Oh, and I'm getting Theatrhythm too. Looks fun.

It's Thea-something-something Day. I got my copy of the game and I love it. It's like a nostalgia-fest.

Also, my Chocobo-Sticker Pen is my favorite 3DS Pen from now on.

DLC will cost $1 each for each song for both U.S. and Europe.

I finally decided to play XIII-2 and it was a pleasant surprise. I still don't think it compares to the VI-X games, but it was still fun to play. I like how things aren't anywhere near as tedious to complete as they were in XIII! Now I can't wait for the FFX HD release!!

xxx

Square Enix has revealed its DLC schedule for the month of July. Here are the songs for Theatrhythm:

July 12, 2012
    1. "Somnus" (FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII)
    2. "Desperate Struggle" (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
    3. "Sarutabaruta" (FINAL FANTASY XI)
    4. "Battle" (FINAL FANTASY VI)

July 19, 2012
    1. "Fight On!" (FINAL FANTASY VII)
    2. "Etro's Champion" (FINAL FANTASY XIII-2)
    3. "Battle Theme" (FINAL FANTASY XI)
    4. "Battle 1" (FINAL FANTASY III)

July 26, 2012
    1. "A contest of Aeons" (FINAL FANTASY X)
    2. "The Archylte Steppe" (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
    3. "The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah" (FINAL FANTASY XI)
    4. "Crystal Cave" (FINAL FANTASY III)

I personally liked final fantasy xiii, but I'm stuck on the second barthandalus fight. I've tried 5 times, but I always get killed. My favorite game in the series (gameplay wise) is probably 1 or 6, my favorite (story wise) is either X or XIII. I don't know why many people trash XIII. Yeah, it's different from all other final fantasy games, but I like that the series is experiencing at least some change. If it were the same thing every time, people would eventually get bored and stop playing.

I just love Link's faces.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue
    Join the Hoenn Triangle (we have cookies, and cheesecake. Mmm, cheescake)

3ds friend code: 0645-7048-9460

Quote Originally Posted by heracrosstrainer635 View Post
    I personally liked final fantasy xiii, but I'm stuck on the second barthandalus fight. I've tried 5 times, but I always get killed. My favorite game in the series (gameplay wise) is probably 1 or 6, my favorite (story wise) is either X or XIII. I don't know why many people trash XIII. Yeah, it's different from all other final fantasy games, but I like that the series is experiencing at least some change. If it were the same thing every time, people would eventually get bored and stop playing.
    Play XIII-2 after you beat XIII, it's is better than FFXIII (not to say that XIII was a bad game).
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

One of my absolute favorites are...

* Final Fantasy IX- My first childhood Final Fantasy game ever. One of my favorite characters are Garnet and Zidane because for Garnet she has a similar personality with me. For
    Zidane hes such a positive character and a sweet boy to help out many people C:
    * Final Fantasy X- Another one that's my favorite. The story is so wonderful and the gameplay. Also, the Al Bhed Language in the English version did an awesome job! And my favorite
    characters are Tidus, Yuna and Rikku C:
    * Final Fantasy Tactics
    * Final Fantasy Advance
    * Final Fantasy Advance A2
    * Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light

And a couple more...
    Pokemon Shipper since the early 2000's!

DEVIANTART ACCOUNT // TUMBLR ACCOUNT

So, VSXIII apparently got cancelled. Well, it's just a rumor. I never really cared much about it, so I couldn't care less if it's true.

Oh, and on the other hand, Theatrhythm is really fun. Got it last week and I play a lot. Brings back a lot of fun memories. I like most of the songs in there, but there are a few I really don't care about. Mainly the FFXI songs. Felt like falling asleep when I was doing the XI series although I like the BMS song. I think that's the only XI song I actually like.

I am new to the series, I have always wanted to play a Final Fantasy game so last week I picked up FF III and I fell in love with it, while it didn't have a very in depth story line, it had a lot of diversity in the form of the job system, and overall it was fun, I didnt mind the level grinding oflr random encounters, idk what people are complaining about. This will probably be one of favorites because it not only was my first but I've had a wonderful experience with this game. I plan on picking up Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II on PSP as well as Final Fantasy IV on both DS and PSP and crisis core as well. All in all it's a good deal, 5 games for under 50 dollars. I can't wait to play FF IV.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 20th July 2012 at 8:22 PM.

Forget Versus XIII.

http://andriasang.com/con201/ffxiii_developments/

The Final Fantasy XIII stage will be held on September 1 at 11:30. The stage is titled "Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga: New Developments Presentation." Square Enix is promising details on the future of the FFXIII project. The game's producer, director, art director and other members of the staff will be in attendance.
    The September 2 stage events kick off with the Final Fantasy VII 15th Anniversary Stage.
    Dumb Square Enix still hasn't mentioned V. Instead, they mention the much maligned XIII (Lightning sags? gtfo Square) and VII's anniversary. My hopes for V and VI remake are dwindling.

Versus XIII is not cancelled. Square Enix confirmed it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/squa...-not-cancelled
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Versus XIII is not cancelled. Square Enix confirmed it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/squa...-not-cancelled
    I'll probably get Versus XIII when it gets bundled with the PS4.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast