Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    The first half-hour is amazing. The game starts off with a bang, to say the least. And the cutscenes are neat because you can actually press buttons to effect how Lightning and Caius battle. This game does so many things right.

I actually really like Caius. It's obvious that they tried their best to top Sephiroth, and they may have succeeded. Kefka is still the best antagonist though.
    OMG Where did you play it? I'm so jealous of you lol. XIII-2 is gonna be a great game I feel and I can't wait for it. I think I'll buy it the day it comes out.

I'm rather fond of VII, VIII, X, X-2, and XIII mostly because of the gameplay, music, character development and because they're only a few of the FF games I've played. I would like to try playing more of them

That ending... What the hell just happened? I thought this was Final Fantasy, not Shin Megami Tensei.

Spoiler:- trollololol:

Hopefully it's not the true ending, though a lot of people are claiming that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    That ending... What the hell just happened? I thought this was Final Fantasy, not Shin Megami Tensei.

Spoiler:- trollololol:

Hopefully it's not the true ending, though a lot of people are claiming that it is.
    What how do these people even know? The game came out in Japan today/yesterday. You can't possibly finish the game in one or 2 days. Also wasn't there supposed to be multiple endings or something?

I seriously doubt what you are saying. Where do you even get all this news from anyways?

You can watch the ending yourself if you don't believe me. The crazy shit starts around 1:20:00.

I don't know where the heck people are getting the idea that that's the true ending from.

They specifically stated the ending you get would be based on how much of the game you explore and complete, and everyone who saw that ending only had at most a fourth of the 160 fragments you get from exploring the various time periods (Which are used to unlock new areas and time periods, which almost certainly play a part in keeping the so-called "true ending" from happening). Why would they show you the true ending for rushing through the game?

Also, it's most likely that the "To be continued" isn't hinting at another sequel, but is simply telling you to keep playing the game to get a different ending.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 16th December 2011 at 8:50 AM.

So far there have been two endings unlocked by people. One of them has no Lightning at all, and another one features Lightning. Besides that, the exact same events take place.

There's the New Game +, though, so maybe those endings will be different.

I don't think new game + has anything to do with it, as both of the players who I saw finish the game and get the bad ending still had over ten areas/time periods to explore, some of which were located in very unusual parts of the timeline     Spoiler:- spoiler:

On a separate subject, the game is definitely a day one purchase for me. It fixes pretty much everything that bugged me about XIII, and I really look forward to playing around with the monster taming system.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 17th December 2011 at 3:34 AM.

Default Ffvii

FFVII i was originally taken aback by the fact that it had bad graphics but i still regret not getting everything from it, i played it and when i got over the graphics loved every minute of it
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

The eight Paradox endings are out now. And lo and behold, Eternal Rest is the canon ending and a sequel to XIII-2 is basically confirmed. The person streaming XIII-2 has two more nodes to unlock before the "true ending" theory is debunked.

I'm glad the developers of the game decided to go Pokemon on us and require the acquisition of every single monster in the game for 100% completion.

Though all those people in a rush to see if there's a true ending or not certainly aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm glad the developers of the game decided to go Pokemon on us and require the acquisition of every single monster in the game for 100% completion.

Though all those people in a rush to see if there's a true ending or not certainly aren't.
    Well there is always youtube.

Does this game have monster battles?

Does XIII-2 have the same battle system as the first one? I don't wanna spoil much by looking at videos.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Does XIII-2 have the same battle system as the first one? I don't wanna spoil much by looking at videos.
    Yes the Paradigm system stayed but you can now have quick time events and the leveling up system was refined to have 1 tree. Also Monsters can join you in your battle so you can sic a Behemoth on your opponent.

Or better yet a sunglass wearing Cactus lol.

Quote Originally Posted by James2344 View Post
    FFVII i was originally taken aback by the fact that it had bad graphics but i still regret not getting everything from it, i played it and when i got over the graphics loved every minute of it
    Yeah, the storyline is absolutely brilliant in that game. I think some of us people who played it when we were young actually love the graphics. I know I do, which is why I'm not bothered whether or not they remake it. Nothing could beat the original!

xxx

I pretty much lost interest after FFX. I don't wanna play online as I have a gaming addictive personality.

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by Malanu View Post
    I pretty much lost interest after FFX. I don't wanna play online as I have a gaming addictive personality.
    They all went downhill after FFX in terms of how a typical Final Fantasy game should be, so you're not missing out on much. Enix ruined it in my opinion.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    They all went downhill after FFX in terms of how a typical Final Fantasy game should be, so you're not missing out on much. Enix ruined it in my opinion.
    Good thing its only your opinion. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is gonna be awesome from what we know of it.

Also XIII-2 takes all of XIII mistakes and fixes it. Just wait for the English review over here. It already has perfect scores in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    It's mostly the same, but it's been streamlined in a number of ways, such as preemptive attacks not taking forever when there's a ton of enemies, and paradigm shifts being almost instantaneous.

The main additions are the blood damage (Damage to your max HP that adds a somewhat constant sense of urgency to battles, though it's healable through death, items, or monster abilities), and the ability to recruit practically all of the enemies (Excluding humans and cieth) from XIII for use as party members on top of dozens of new ones, each of which has their own feral link/ synchro drive attack to use (Essentially a limit break).

The crystarium system was also changed to having a more traditional level system for each role, and is straightforward, rather then having branching paths. There's also no limit on how high you can get each role (Outside of reaching the level cap of 99), meaning you can just grind now if a boss is too tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Good thing its only your opinion. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is gonna be awesome from what we know of it.

Also XIII-2 takes all of XIII mistakes and fixes it. Just wait for the English review over here. It already has perfect scores in Japan.
    They make all Final Fantasy games seem like they're brilliant. I hope they actually do make a more traditional style Final Fantasy, but I can't see there being any more games that are on the same level as VI - X from Square-Enix.

xxx

XIII-2 does have a secret ending after all! It's about a minute long and it basically explains Caius' motives. It takes place during Eternal Rest, so that ending is 100% canon.

I don't come here at all but I have to say that the "Crazy Chocobo" track from XIII-2's soundtrack is terrible as is most of the soundtrack. I feel it's a definite step down from XIII's soundtrack which I found to be okay in general.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    XII wasn't too terrible, but certainly not up to the standards of some, like IV, VI, VII, and X.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I don't come here at all but I have to say that the "Crazy Chocobo" track from XIII-2's soundtrack is terrible as is most of the soundtrack. I feel it's a definite step down from XIII's soundtrack which I found to be okay in general.
    Amusingly, they seem to have anticipated that Crazy Chocobo was going to be hit or miss, as they included the option to change the chocobo riding music so you don't have to hear it. I'd have to disagree about most of the soundtrack being terrible, though.

Outside of the few out of place rap and metal songs, I'd say the soundtrack is as good, if not better then XIII, and I personally loved XIII's soundtrack.

Many of the songs are far better when you're actually playing the game. I especially like The Last Travel. It's a nice song, but it has even more of an impact when it plays as     Spoiler:- Story spoiler:
    Last edited by Rakurai; 22nd December 2011 at 11:35 PM.

The orchestrated pieces are some of the best in the series. The heavy metal and rap aren't that great on their own, but they do add to the atmosphere a bit.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast