Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 467

Thread: Final Fantasy Discussion

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroxWolf View Post
    Most Hated Character: Cloud(too whiney in my own opinion)
    I sense a horrible future for you, young Final Fantasy nerd. You just opened the floodgate of FF7 extremists... You shouldn't have done that.

    Anyways, I haven't finished FFXIII-2 yet (I think I'm around halfway done), but i've already come up with 7 cons
    I: FFXIII had WAY better music than FFXIII-2 IMO
    II: FFXIII looked a bit sharper in the graphics department
    III: FFXIII-2's story is more convoluted, and Noel & Serah know too much about time travel and quantum physics and whatnot, especially that smartass Moogle
    IV: Only TWO freaking minigames! TWO!
    V: Towns aren't really towns. Just a few amount of people with 3-4 sidequests, a few story bits, limited town interactions, and just Chocolina, no other shop
    VI: Once you reach a certain level for a role, you stop learning new moves for that role
    VII: You know how in past Final Fantasy games, you cared about the main characters? I don't give two sh!t about Serah or Noel. I want to know what happened to Sazh and his son though.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .........................
    Posts
    867

    Default

    SazandoraIsAwesome though i do agree with you on some points i just like to point out a few thing. first i haven't finish the game but I up to the last time area, just doing sidequest and getting ready for my Omega boss fight.

    1 to me the music good. yeah some aren't that crash hot but still it has more of the song i can enjoy or just like listening to over the song in FFXIII but that just me, my favorite theme are caius theme and battle.
    3 um I can sorta agree on that but then again you have mog with them who proably told them off screen.
    4 three but one said the follow "to be soon release DLC"
    6 something i dislike, but then again this version is alot more enjoyable to grind for.
    7 i actually care for them, Serah and noel both want to restore the timeline.

    One thing i dislike is the fact that some monster stop leveling up at certin pooints like level 20.

    also can someone tell me one thing, what the best ravger (spelling wrong) monster you can use or get for Omega fight or what best monster and monster item (to use on said monster)

    5. Monsters usually give low CP so far even though I'm in my high 30s. Hopefully there is something that doubles CP growth.
    um yes there is a double CP monster ability and fragment ablity.
    Last edited by darklord18; 6th February 2012 at 7:07 AM.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

    I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroxWolf View Post
    Most Hated Villain: The bad guy you have to fight like 7 times in X
    Seymour Guado? He was an amazing villain! One that actually had a good storyline to back up why he was so messed up and hungry for power...

    xxx

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Anyone can help me with Agent Type C in the Augusta Tower 200 AF? I just can't seem to find the right position to throw Mog and get that stupid item.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    I just gave the Chaos Crystal to Hope. Which prototype weapon should I take? Noel's, or Serah's?
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    5. Monsters usually give low CP so far even though I'm in my high 30s. Hopefully there is something that doubles CP growth.
    Which was a huge problem in FF13, too. Doesn't surprise me that it's back.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .........................
    Posts
    867

    Default

    wow so you were able to get the choas crystal.

    dose anyone know if there are any of the following

    Gil incease ability.
    rare monster encounter incease ability


    and is it easy to just use the gold chocobo to get the choas crystal or silver chocobo?
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

    I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Which was a huge problem in FF13, too. Doesn't surprise me that it's back.
    You weren't trying hard enough if you can't get high CP in FFXIII.

    I managed to get farther and hit my level 60s, CP is coming in steadily so its way better now.

    Also my Monster pack is doing great. Have the Red Chocobo, Green Chocobo and Cloudbuster.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    You weren't trying hard enough if you can't get high CP in FFXIII.
    To be fair, the maximum amount of CP you could get while leveling up is 80000 with a Growth Egg farming Adamantoise. Long Guis give more, but you pretty much need to be maxed out with the Crystarium to fight them anyway. And with some Crystarium moves costing 120000 towards the end, farming Adamantoise can get quite tedious. However, not anywhere near as tedious as it is farming Platinum Ingots to achieve the Treasure Hunter achievement.

    xxx

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    To be fair, the maximum amount of CP you could get while leveling up is 80000 with a Growth Egg farming Adamantoise. Long Guis give more, but you pretty much need to be maxed out with the Crystarium to fight them anyway. And with some Crystarium moves costing 120000 towards the end, farming Adamantoise can get quite tedious. However, not anywhere near as tedious as it is farming Platinum Ingots to achieve the Treasure Hunter achievement.
    You can 1-shot Behemoths with Fang, Lightning and Hope/Vanille if you want to so getting over 500,000k CP isn't hard in about 3 minutes after chapter 12 or 13.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    You can 1-shot Behemoths with Fang, Lightning and Hope/Vanille if you want to so getting over 500,000k CP isn't hard in about 3 minutes after chapter 12 or 13.
    They only give you 4000 CP each though, and there's only so many of them in the Archylte Steppe. And you most certainly cannot one hit them. The closest you can get is Preemptive Strike, stagger and kill in one turn. That's if your players are quite advanced too. And I know this because I've got them maxed out and bothered playing the game to the extent of unlocking all achievements. It also takes time running out of the area or saving-restarting to respawn them. Nowhere near as fast as killing the 4 Adamantoise in the Steppe and gaining 320000 CP per round. And possibly Platinum Ingots which are by far the most desirable drop in the game!

    xxx

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    They only give you 4000 CP each though, and there's only so many of them in the Archylte Steppe. And you most certainly cannot one hit them. The closest you can get is Preemptive Strike, stagger and kill in one turn. That's if your players are quite advanced too. And I know this because I've got them maxed out and bothered playing the game to the extent of unlocking all achievements. It also takes time running out of the area or saving-restarting to respawn them. Nowhere near as fast as killing the 4 Adamantoise in the Steppe and gaining 320000 CP per round. And possibly Platinum Ingots which are by far the most desirable drop in the game!
    The Platinum drops are the biggest pain in the *** I'll give you that. But getting CP isn't hard. The only problem is the fact that CP requirements get ridiculously high at level 13.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .........................
    Posts
    867

    Default

    just got Omega.

    now to level him up and take on the final boss. hehehe
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

    I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    The Platinum drops are the biggest pain in the *** I'll give you that.
    It really is. Technically with a 5 star rating, the Platinum Ingots have a 25% chance of dropping, and with the Collectors Catalog equipped, that is multiplied by 1.5 to give a 37.5% chance. Still seems low but I remember a point in the game where I got 8 consecutively. I think that must have just been some great luck. The annoying part is that you can complete the Crystarium relatively early postgame, but if you're trying to get everything in your inventory, the Platinum Ingot farming is such a long process because gil is ridiculously scarce in this game! I'm hoping they changed that for XIII-2. Haven't bothered checking that yet so I'll just see when I get the game!

    xxx

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    It really is. Technically with a 5 star rating, the Platinum Ingots have a 25% chance of dropping, and with the Collectors Catalog equipped, that is multiplied by 1.5 to give a 37.5% chance. Still seems low but I remember a point in the game where I got 8 consecutively. I think that must have just been some great luck. The annoying part is that you can complete the Crystarium relatively early postgame, but if you're trying to get everything in your inventory, the Platinum Ingot farming is such a long process because gil is ridiculously scarce in this game! I'm hoping they changed that for XIII-2. Haven't bothered checking that yet so I'll just see when I get the game!
    You can farm potions in New Boudem 003 AF for some quick easy cash. The potions sell for a decent price with the fragment skills so you can raise up to 1000s of gil in a short time. Which is why I have 135,792 gil lol. Also battles actually give you gil now I believe as it tells you on the bottom left side of the score screen.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Zeppelin Rules!
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310
    You can 1-shot Behemoths with Fang, Lightning and Hope/Vanille if you want to so getting over 500,000k CP isn't hard in about 3 minutes after chapter 12 or 13.
    For the record, this translates to killing one Behemoth every 2.88 seconds, even accounting for the Growth Egg. To say nothing about the non-mathematic portions of your point.

    For the past several years, Final Fantasy was on a "buy the games no matter what" policy with me, but XIII did a spectacular job of slapping me in the face with that. And reading up on XIII-2, it sure doesn't sound any better.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    For the record, this translates to killing one Behemoth every 2.88 seconds, even accounting for the Growth Egg. To say nothing about the non-mathematic portions of your point.

    For the past several years, Final Fantasy was on a "buy the games no matter what" policy with me, but XIII did a spectacular job of slapping me in the face with that. And reading up on XIII-2, it sure doesn't sound any better.
    Well it was a guess anyways. I never personally had trouble with getting high CP value in a few minutes.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    I swear if I didn't play XIII before this I'd have no idea how the battle system works. They said they simplfied it and maybe that's true a little but it still seems over complicated to me. Maybe I should stick to real time RPG's. >__>'

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    For the past several years, Final Fantasy was on a "buy the games no matter what" policy with me, but XIII did a spectacular job of slapping me in the face with that. And reading up on XIII-2, it sure doesn't sound any better.
    This is exactly what I thought. No matter what they say the story's like, you have to buy the next Final Fantasy. But for me, it's been going down hill since Final Fantasy X, and I don't think I'll bother with any future games from the franchise unless they really go back to their traditional style. First smart decision from SE in a long time was that they're not tampering with the storyline of FFX.

    xxx

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Oh man, XIII-2 is soooo good. I love it even more than XIII, and that's certainly saying something.

    The non-linear nature of the game lets me take it at my own pace while not overwhelming me with a bunch of random missions at once. The music is fantastic (I was initially wary at Naoshi Mizuta being such a prominent composer, as I'm not a fan of his work on XI or 4WoL at all, but damn he knocked it out of the park with XIII-2. I dunno if it was him finally being able to stretch his legs in a bunch of different genres or what, but I want MORE of him.), as well. It's rare that FF does something this different, and I think it's worked out pretty damn well. I’m glad Square Enix decided to try something fresh instead of sticking to XIII’s sound. The vocal tracks, especially the ones sang by Origa, give off some huge Nier vibes to me, which is always great.

    The little tweaks to the battle system (instant Paradigm Shifting/monster taming/switching party leaders, etc) make it a lot more enjoyable, as well. All in all, I can see this as being one of my GotYs and more than likely my favorite FF game behind XII. I seriously can't put this damn game down. :|

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    The little tweaks to the battle system (instant Paradigm Shifting/monster taming/switching party leaders, etc) make it a lot more enjoyable, as well. All in all, I can see this as being one of my GotYs and more than likely my favorite FF game behind XII. I seriously can't put this damn game down. :|
    Yes, YES!!! Finally no getting killed on paradigm shifts. However, I still believe that no matter how non-linear they made the game, it will still be mediocre because you only have the likes of Serah and Noel exploring them. Did you play the classics too, because these newer FFs don't compare in the slightest? ): At least in my opinion.

    xxx

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    Yes, YES!!! Finally no getting killed on paradigm shifts. However, I still believe that no matter how non-linear they made the game, it will still be mediocre because you only have the likes of Serah and Noel exploring them. Did you play the classics too, because these newer FFs don't compare in the slightest? ): At least in my opinion.
    Noel and Serah interact really well together, actually. And yes, I've played every mainline title barring the MMOs. Notably, most of my favorite titles are modern FF games (V, X, XII, XIII, XIII-2, VI).

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Noel and Serah interact really well together, actually. And yes, I've played every mainline title barring the MMOs. Notably, most of my favorite titles are modern FF games (V, X, XII, XIII, XIII-2, VI).
    That's quite interesting actually. Most of the people I know who've played pretty much all the games don't seem to like the newer ones as much as VI - X. I think I may be a bit biased about the characters in XIII-2 just because I found one of the main things that was good about XIII to be the characters. And as I've said many times now, THEY RUINED HOPE!!! ):

    xxx

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    You weren't trying hard enough if you can't get high CP in FFXIII.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    oh wait you're serious, let me laugh even harder.

    Battles just flat don't provide enough experience.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    oh wait you're serious, let me laugh even harder.

    Battles just flat don't provide enough experience.
    It wouldn't be an RPG if you didn't grind a lot you know.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •