Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rugged mountain- new DW abilities released!

Default Rugged mountain- new DW abilities released!

so new abilities were released today

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/ruggedmountain.shtml

this will change some stuff here are some pokemons that seem nice:

I think the new abilitied pokemons will be in the following tiers:

OU:
    Moxie Slamance
    Analytic Magnezone
    Sand Force Hippowdon (with tyranitar in the same team)

UU:
    unburden hitmonlee
    Sand veil donphan (sand veil is sure annoying)

RU:
    Sheer Force Hariyama
    Defiant primeape

LC:
    Defiant Mankey
    Sheer force Bagon
    Sheer Force Trampich (with trick room it can do something there I guess)
    Water Absorb cacnea

In OU, the only thing that will be of any use will be Moxie Salamence. The others just lose their niches, such as Hippowdon, Magnezone, and Toxicroak.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    In OU, the only thing that will be of any use will be Moxie Salamence. The others just lose their niches, such as Hippowdon, Magnezone, and Toxicroak.
    if you don't want to use magneone as steel killer or you use both hippowdon and tyranitar it might work

You are right about toxicroak but his DW ability isn't that bad anyway I will remove him from the list cause he was released long ago.

If you don't want to use Magnezone as a Steel Killer, why not use Sturdy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    if you don't want to use magneone as steel killer or you use both hippowdon and tyranitar it might work

You are right about toxicroak but his DW ability isn't that bad anyway I will remove him from the list cause he was released long ago.
    I don't know what you're thinking. Magnet Pull is the only reason to use Magnezone. Hippowdon is decent outside of sandstorm, but it's too slow to sweep. However, it is pretty bulky so I guess a Choice Band set might work.

Do the Bagon come in females? If so, Salamence might get the boot again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    If you don't want to use Magnezone as a Steel Killer, why not use Sturdy?
    Base 60 Speed isn't that great, however most Magnezone run max Speed and I don't know how vital a 30% boost is. Here's Smogon's take on it...(scroll down to the bottom of the page)

Quote Originally Posted by Smogon's Magnezone article
    OU

Magnezone's Dream World ability is outclassed by Magnet Pull in many aspects. First and foremost, most Pokemon who come in to revenge kill Magnezone carry a move or two that will severely dent or OHKO it, rendering the boost Analytic gives after Magnezone is hit useless. Secondly, Magnezone lacks the Speed to attempt a sweep after it gains the boost, and in order to guarantee that it will hit last, it cannot have any Speed EVs invested, thereby resulting in many threats who it previously could outspeed to turn the tables on it and take it down.

Uber

Magnezone receives Analytic from the Dream World, powering up its attacks if it moves second. Because Magnet Pull is the only reason to use Magnezone in Ubers, Analytic is useless. However, Salac Berry, when released, can be used in conjunction with Charge Beam and Substitute for a sweeping set.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I think Sand Force Hippowdon'd be good. It has good attack, and is bulky enough, on the physical side at least, so that it can survive hits, which makes up for its speed
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

People have been hoping for (and dreading) the arrival of Moxie Salamence for a long time now. Get ready for tons of HO teams.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

^Salamence's attack rose! Terakion was sent out! Salamence has to switch or die!
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Oh boy, DW Bagon. It's finally here. Well, the good news is that while DW Bagon can get both Outrage and Dragon Dance, it cannot have them simultaneously. At least that means that OU won't become a boatload of Moxie/DD/Outrage Salamences, at least not yet.

I'm still thinking that DD Mence with Moxie will still perform the same as it always has. It will still be either forced out, revenge killed after it takes out something, or it will sweep. Nothing really different there, except now he's doing it with...wait for it...more moxie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    so new abilities were released today

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/ruggedmountain.shtml

this will change some stuff here are some pokemons that seem nice:

I think the new abilitied pokemons will be in the following tiers:

OU:
    Moxie Slamance
    Analytic Magnezone
    Sand Force Hippowdon (with tyranitar in the same team)
    Moxiemence isn't all that good, to be honest. Intimidate provides it with significantly more bulk, and losing Outrage sucks. Analytic Magnezone is outright terrible and will never and should never be used.

UU:
    unburden hitmonlee
    Sand veil donphan (sand veil is sure annoying)
    Hitmonlee maybe....UU's metagame is really really really unkind to it now, though, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

RU:
    Sheer Force Hariyama
    Defiant primeape
    Only real reason to use Hariyama in RU is for Thick Fat to protect against Blizzspam or with Guts, to beat down all the ghost switch ins, which thoroughly wall Sheer Force Hariyama. I expect that it will rise a bit after RU council R2, when people realize how damn good hail is.

Defiant Primeape is horrible, since part of Primeape's main niche is to provide a hard counter to Lilligant, which it can't do without vital spirit.

I agree with epic eevee, intimidate makes it easier to set up in the first place and often you don't need the moxe boost, a DD or two is suficcient.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/262s83s.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

I could see Scarf'd Outrage wrecking stuff with Moxie once you get all of the Physical Walls/Steels out of the way. Some of the other Abilities are okay (personally enjoy Superpower Contrary Spinda, but it's too frail/weak to do squat in reality), and the Moves are cool. It's a shame DW Moves aren't breedable; Moxie DDance Outrage would be amazing, as would those being lazy to Transfer moves from HG/SS Tutors or 4th Gen TMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Moxiemence isn't all that good, to be honest. Intimidate provides it with significantly more bulk, and losing Outrage sucks. Analytic Magnezone is outright terrible and will never and should never be used.
    It actually got Outrage from the DW. The only issues with legality is that it can't have Moxie + DD + Outrage on the same set. Either one by itself is legal however.

After playtesting a bit, it has its pros and cons. It finds it harder to set up, so it has more problems with Choiced physical attackers than it used to. However, once you do set up, it is very hard to stop.

I have not tried the Mixed set because the server hasn't been updated yet, but I am sure that it will be good for Outrage spam once it's gotten a few kills.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Actually, Bagon gets Outrage as a DW move. You would use salamence over dragonite if you want to run more of an offensive team anyways. Besides, a dual screener like deoxys can make it more defensive if you so wished.

EDIT: got ninja'd by complete legitimacy
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

Only Scarf Primeape would use Defiant.

And Trapinch loses one of his niches, Arena Trap.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    ^Salamence's attack rose! Terakion was sent out! Salamence has to switch or die!
    That's the point of dragon dance. It boost speed.

Though I personally want a scarf one, it will be able to revenge kill +1 Dragonite, +1 Haxorus, +1 adamant salamence(it's jolly), Latios, Latias, and scarf Hydreigon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

lol scarf terakion outspeeds +1 salamence, which is al lthey have because any good player will switch in on that one dd, and then KO.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

A Choice Band Outrage Moxie Salamence could be cool but intimidate is still pretty good. You also won't be sweeping past steels or getting to +1 very easily either.

Outrage / Meteor / Fire Blast / EQ mixmence could potentially be use able against stall. Blow something up then keep killing..

Scarf Salamence could work with Magnezone support as it doesn't need much to crush a team.

Ok its pretty useless. Intimidate is by far the better option most of the time.

This should basically be the DW Salamence thread. No one really cares about anybody else.
    Moxiemence is sort of over-hyped. Bulky Salamence with DD can kill anything. Moxie is if you're too lazy and just feeling like scarfing it.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Just saying, DW Salamence creates massive mindgames.

Foe can't tell if it's a Zoroak or not until it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Just saying, DW Salamence creates massive mindgames.

Foe can't tell if it's a Zoroak or not until it's too late.
    What?! No, that won't happen.

As someone who dislikes using moves like Outrage bar those with Choice sets, I'll just stick to Dragon Claw and Dragon Dance.

As for the Salamence I have, anyone want a bulky Dragon Dance Salamence with max HP?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    This should basically be the DW Salamence thread. No one really cares about anybody else.
    Moxiemence is sort of over-hyped. Bulky Salamence with DD can kill anything. Moxie is if you're too lazy and just feeling like scarfing it.
    actually i like dw torkoal give it a white herb shell smash, amnesia and he will be faster and bulkier while being protected from critical so it will be harder to knock out, and has potential to be a mix attacker
    3DS Fc: 0791-2425-2961 IGN: Dante

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by AzureCharizard View Post
    actually i like dw torkoal give it a white herb shell smash, amnesia and he will be faster and bulkier while being protected from critical so it will be harder to knock out, and has potential to be a mix attacker
    Hehe... He said Torkoal.

imo, i still think intimidate is better, he can use it's added bulk to set up and sweep, moxie just gets +1 attack, not really needed after 1 or 2 dragon dances

makes a good Choice user though, as without the set up, it can just attack, and pile up attack boost along the way, but as for DD, intimidate is better

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast