Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rugged mountain- new DW abilities released!

What's the sub for? Waste of a move imo.
    Substitute is a useful move on lots of sweepers, get one up and you have a chance to take another attack.

Fire Blast is probably better, though.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 90 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Substitute is a useful move on lots of sweepers, get one up and you have a chance to take another attack.

Fire Blast is probably better, though.
    I guess the usefulness is to take Ice Shards, but you should be able to play around that. On a DD set it would be better off to just boost your speed, given the amount of ISers in OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    Air Balloon Magnezone with HP Ice can be decent to counter grounds, but that's just about it.

UU it's the only decent Sandstreamer so that fails.

OU I guess it could be used to play mind games with the opponent, but overall SS is superior due to the backup.

DD much? Even if it is a scarf people who see terrakion on preview will get rid of Terrakion first or use two DDs.

Although if it was a scarf using outrage I see your point.

Dual Screens what with the abundance of HO makes up for the lack of intimidate imo.

CB's too slow to sweep. Outrage just makes it outright easy to revenge.

Using Sand Force in UU when there's no-one to set it up for him... lol...

Unless you're counting on the opponent having Hippowdon. But that's as good as Kingdra in OU.

See my other comment for you. And not all are scarfed, or jolly for that matter.

Too slow.

What's the sub for? Waste of a move imo.

I've been using Moxiemence on a OU HO, and it's OK. If your using it on HO, use Moxie (if it's your main sweeper), if not use intimidate. Also give it brick break > Fire Blast and you've got a HO counter.

on salmance sub isn't a waste of a move.. not at all.. salamance causes lots of switches so he can abuse that and put the sub up and then take a hit and get a DD though fire blast is a better option as mentioned as it hitt skarmory harder

fire blast>>>>>>>>>>fire fang>>>>>>>>>>>>brick break

earthquake + outrage hit most pokemons anyway fireblast is for skarmory and bronzong balloon heatran it the problem but.. if he switch into an outrage he can get a EQ after that.

moxiemence in HO might work as screens are up one dragon dance is almost assured (as long it isn't a STAB ice attack).

with brick break you get walled by skarmory which for some drop down in one defense (naive or hasty nature) you get a mixmance- the best salamnce set in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post

earthquake + outrage hit most pokemons anyway fireblast is for skarmory and bronzong balloon heatran it the problem but.. if he switch into an outrage he can get a EQ after that.

moxiemence in HO might work as screens are up one dragon dance is almost assured (as long it isn't a STAB ice attack).

with brick break you get walled by skarmory which for some drop down in one defense (naive or hasty nature) you get a mixmance- the best salamnce set in my opinion.
    Moxiemence in HO works wonders. It will almost always get at least one DD off, and if dual screens are still up, it will be difficult to kill without losing something to say the least. In fact, I've had mine die much more from life orb recoil than something killing it.

And fire blast/flamethrower is much better for salamence than brick break. Like others have said, it hits skarmory for a definite ohko with LO and no EVs in spatk, and will kill ferrothorn and scizor in one hit as well. And the only reason to run brick break would be heatran balooned, which is ruined by SR or a move on the switch. Then you eq for a free moxie boost.

Can someone do the calculations of a naive mence with 252 ev's in spe before and after a dd?

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I'll post the moxie set I use on PO.
    Naive-Life orb
    252atk/252spe/4sp.atk
    Dragon Claw (like it better than outrage on him anyways)
    Dragon Dance
    Flamethrower (keep getting screwed with accuracy on fire blast, plus for what it's used for, the extra power doesn't matter)
    Earthquake
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    on salmance sub isn't a waste of a move.. not at all.. salamance causes lots of switches so he can abuse that and put the sub up and then take a hit and get a DD though fire blast is a better option as mentioned as it hitt skarmory harder

When you've got DD though... You may as well just DD to boost your speed and attack.

Also, Fire Blast>Brick Break>Fire Fang.
    The coverage of Fire Fang doesn't make up for the fact that BB can shatter screens. Skarmory would wall you even if you had FF because it's physical. You shouldn't always use BB, but if you already have Magnezone on your team, you should.

Who would put Salamence in on a poke that had a STAB Ice Attack?

Quote Originally Posted by xXShinyUmbreonXx View Post
    Moxiemence in HO works wonders. It will almost always get at least one DD off, and if dual screens are still up, it will be difficult to kill without losing something to say the least. In fact, I've had mine die much more from life orb recoil than something killing it.

And fire blast/flamethrower is much better for salamence than brick break. Like others have said, it hits skarmory for a definite ohko with LO and no EVs in spatk, and will kill ferrothorn and scizor in one hit as well. And the only reason to run brick break would be heatran balooned, which is ruined by SR or a move on the switch. Then you eq for a free moxie boost.

Can someone do the calculations of a naive mence with 252 ev's in spe before and after a dd?

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I'll post the moxie set I use on PO.
    Naive-Life orb
    252atk/252spe/4sp.atk
    Dragon Claw (like it better than outrage on him anyways)
    Dragon Dance
    Flamethrower (keep getting screwed with accuracy on fire blast, plus for what it's used for, the extra power doesn't matter)
    Earthquake
    If LO is killing you, use lefties or Roost.

Balloon doesn't break through SR, but I see your point with coverage, just as I said Magnezone will perfect the sweep.

That's the best HO Moxie one, what I use, I was just saying if you can aford BB, you should because it gives you fine coverage apart from Bronzong and Skarmory. You need to be wary of bulky waters carrying Ice Beam, but Magnezone helps with those as well (excluding Quagsire and Gastrodon).

Brick break would be worthless to me, I already have it on the haxorus I use. And I think that the LO is helping a lot with the loss of outrage. Not that it matters after a few boosts, but still. Plus, it helps give flamethrower that extra power without any investment.

Roost would be taking up a move slot that I need for coverage, too.

I should actually use a magnezone on my team, would work well with killing various pokemon.
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234