Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rugged mountain- new DW abilities released!

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    I'm so using sand veil Donphan. Sand Veil is part of the reason why garchomp got banned. Because nothing could touch it. I'm surprised no one has mentioned unnerve Tyranitar yet.
    Reno said it was good ! (MEH it's crap)

anyway donphan doesn't get 0HKOed too often so sand veil is an option garchomp haxed too many mons with it now it's donphan time (in UU)

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    I'm so using sand veil Donphan. Sand Veil is part of the reason why garchomp got banned. Because nothing could touch it. I'm surprised no one has mentioned unnerve Tyranitar yet.
    Nothing could touch Garchomp because of 102 base speed. Sand Veil was just icing on the cake. Sand Veil and Snow Cloak can annoy, but they don't make a pokemon inherently awesome, just a troll. I'd rather use Sturdy for the guaranteed one turn for Stealth Rocks/Spinning, especially considering Donphan's (lack of) speed.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Nothing could touch Garchomp because of 102 base speed. Sand Veil was just icing on the cake. Sand Veil and Snow Cloak can annoy, but they don't make a pokemon inherently awesome, just a troll. I'd rather use Sturdy for the guaranteed one turn for Stealth Rocks/Spinning, especially considering Donphan's (lack of) speed.
    102 speed? ice shard mamoswine= no garchomp,weavile,starmie,gliscor,skarmory if that was an issue it wouldn't be banned if not sand veil it would be still in OU.

I want rough skin garchomp in OU!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    102 speed? ice shard mamoswine= no garchomp,weavile,starmie,gliscor,skarmory if that was an issue it wouldn't be banned if not sand veil it would be still in OU.

I want rough skin garchomp in OU!
    Mamoswine, Weavile, and Starmie aren't bulky enough to counter it. It was also just too easy to use. I think of it as a miniature Excadril, and I've always wondered why it was the one banned first...

Even if it was for sand veil, we better not turn this into the Blaziken argument again.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I think the unnerve Ttar thing is going to be crap. which do you think everyone would rather use? an Unnerve tyranitar that doesnt setup sandstorm, or a sand stream ttar that is a sandstorm lead.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

Quote Originally Posted by Palkia98 View Post
    I think the unnerve Ttar thing is going to be crap. which do you think everyone would rather use? an Unnerve tyranitar that doesnt setup sandstorm, or a sand stream ttar that is a sandstorm lead.
    Even if it isn't the one to set up the sand storm, keeping sand stream would be a good backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Though everyone acts like it wouldn't of been banned without Sand Veil...Yeah right.

Unnerve t-tar? What good is that? Sacrificing a free special defense boost to stop enemies from using berries?
    So I can use T-tar on non Sand teams without having my other Pokes be hurt by Sandstorm.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    So I can use T-tar on non Sand teams without having my other Pokes be hurt by Sandstorm.
    I made the mistake of saying that too but.. if it was something awesome like sheer force or simple it would be good but unnerve is useless don't want sand? use another mon reno mentioned it in a POTW it was a mistake...

Have to say I'm pretty happy with my Moxie-mence so far. She won me a ragequit in her first random matchup battle, lol. What was really funny was when I sent her out, the guy I was battling took a whole minute choosing his move, no doubt wondering whether he was fighting a Salamence or my Zoroark he saw in the team preview. Perfect example of why not to use Dream Balls on DW pokemon.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Have to say I'm pretty happy with my Moxie-mence so far. She won me a ragequit in her first random matchup battle, lol. What was really funny was when I sent her out, the guy I was battling took a whole minute choosing his move, no doubt wondering whether he was fighting a Salamence or my Zoroark he saw in the team preview. Perfect example of why not to use Dream Balls on DW pokemon.
    You didn't bred it to perfection?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    You didn't bred it to perfection?
    I didn't have a male pokemon with Dragon Dance to breed with her yet. Besides, she already has really good IV's and a Great Ball throws people off a lot more than a regular Poke Ball.

I know you all say choice variant of salamence is the best for moxie but this set has swept some good times:

Adamant -Leftovers
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake

Choice Scarf Haxorus is essentially obsolete now. Scarfmence with Moxie is better in every possible way. Higher Speed, Moxie, and Fire Blast running off of a base 110 special Attack kills Skarmory and Ferrothorn, something Haxorus only wishes it could do. I run

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
    Moxie
    252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
    Naive/Hasty
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

i think the best set for a salamance with moxie would be a choise band set
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Either choice band or choice scarf Moxie Salamence would work best I think.

Or with Tailwind/paralysis support, as part of Salamence's strength is it's wide movepool. Choice items limit that, and switching erases the Moxie boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Or with Tailwind/paralysis support, as part of Salamence's strength is it's wide movepool. Choice items limit that, and switching erases the Moxie boosts.
    Tailwind only last 3 rounds. After swapping into mence, there is only two rounds left.

The only pokemon that resist dragon is steel, and if you can take out your enemy's steel type, it's pretty hard to stop an outraging dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Tailwind only last 3 rounds. After swapping into mence, there is only two rounds left.

The only pokemon that resist dragon is steel, and if you can take out your enemy's steel type, it's pretty hard to stop an outraging dragon.
    Actually it's four rounds, giving Salamence three rounds after a switch, or a full four if the Tailwind user dies that turn. Either way, more than enough for a Salamence to rip through half a team or more.

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    I know you all say choice variant of salamence is the best for moxie but this set has swept some good times:

Adamant -Leftovers
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    bronzong with gyro ball > this set

I don't think CB would work. He's too slow. I thinks a mixed choice scarf set would work. Mabye Outrage, EQ, Fire Blast, Filler would work. With outrage, he would come in after the steels are removed, kill something weakened, then sweep with boosted outrage.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Wait a second! So moxiemence is finally available. And after all of this time of me breeding and breeding for a regular one. I need to get on this site more often. Oh well, I wonder if anyone will trade me one. And if you can have DD and outrage on the same set by breeding a male salamence that knows both. Will that work?. I can only hope.
    Anyways, the set I run with moxie on PO is pretty wonderful, so I look forward to using this on random matchup.
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

I can trade you one with Dragon Dance, I have quite a few extra now. You'll have to go to the Dream World for one with Outrage though. That's the only way it's currently available.

Not to mini-mod, but if you need one just advertise in your sig or check out the Trade Forum. There's an entire thread devoted to DW mons.

I have claimed Giratina

I know, that's why I didn't ask. Just thinking out loud.
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    If you don't want to use Magnezone as a Steel Killer, why not use Sturdy?
    Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    I don't know what you're thinking. Magnet Pull is the only reason to use Magnezone. Hippowdon is decent outside of sandstorm, but it's too slow to sweep. However, it is pretty bulky so I guess a Choice Band set might work.
    Air Balloon Magnezone with HP Ice can be decent to counter grounds, but that's just about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    I think Sand Force Hippowdon'd be good. It has good attack, and is bulky enough, on the physical side at least, so that it can survive hits, which makes up for its speed
    UU it's the only decent Sandstreamer so that fails.

OU I guess it could be used to play mind games with the opponent, but overall SS is superior due to the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    ^Salamence's attack rose! Terakion was sent out! Salamence has to switch or die!
    DD much? Even if it is a scarf people who see terrakion on preview will get rid of Terrakion first or use two DDs.

Although if it was a scarf using outrage I see your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Moxiemence isn't all that good, to be honest. Intimidate provides it with significantly more bulk, and losing Outrage sucks. Analytic Magnezone is outright terrible and will never and should never be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Z View Post
    I agree with epic eevee, intimidate makes it easier to set up in the first place and often you don't need the moxe boost, a DD or two is suficcient.
    Dual Screens what with the abundance of HO makes up for the lack of intimidate imo.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    CBMence with Moxie boosts..
    CB's too slow to sweep. Outrage just makes it outright easy to revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by AudinoGlitch View Post
    Sand Force on Hippowdown makes him a decent wall on non-sand teams now. He's in UU so he might get some usage of Sand Force.

Moxie is in a weird situation. You'd think it would be perfect on Salamance but then he loses either Outrage or DD. It's okay on a choice set but otherwise Intimidate is better. I find it odd that Moxie is the better of the two on DDGyarados but not on DDSalamance.
    Using Sand Force in UU when there's no-one to set it up for him... lol...

Unless you're counting on the opponent having Hippowdon. But that's as good as Kingdra in OU.
    Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Even with those, a choice scarf terakion outspeeds. Tha'ts what I was trying to say. Even a +1 jolly salamence)or naive, whatever its nature) does not outpseed jolly scarfed terakion.
    See my other comment for you. And not all are scarfed, or jolly for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    i think the best set for a salamance with moxie would be a choise band set
    Too slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post

Adamant -Leftovers
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    What's the sub for? Waste of a move imo.

I've been using Moxiemence on a OU HO, and it's OK. If your using it on HO, use Moxie (if it's your main sweeper), if not use intimidate. Also give it brick break > Fire Blast and you've got a HO counter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast