Ninetales @ Leftovers
    Sunny Day
    Fire Blast
    SolarBeam
    Will-o-Wisp
    128 HP 252 SpA 20 SpD 108 Spe
    Modest
    Drought
    This stops other weather starters. Sunny Day on the turn they switch in, switch out, deal with their weather starter and I have sun up for the battle. Who I switch into depends on who the opposing weather starter is. The one time I will not switch is when its an Abomasnow (Fire Blast does 132.3% to 156.3% in hail). Solarbeam is a coverage option (only fire and dragon resist Fire Blast and Solarbeam and there is no type that resists Fire Blast and is hit neutrally by Solarbeam, and only flying resists Solarbeam and is hit neutrally by Fire Blast). Will-o-wisp tops Toxic and Protect as a support option for the last spot. Credit for set goes to lucario44444444’s brother.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    X-scizzor
    Rock Slide
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
    Jolly
    Justified
    This is my counter to sun counters and sand starters. Volcarona? Goodbye! Stone Edge or Rock Slide OHKOs. Heatran? Close Combat takes care of that. Sand? Tyranitar dies to CC, Hippoudon’s rare and also dies to Close Combat. Anyway, CC and Stone Edge are obvious,
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogon
    X-Scissor covers bulky Psychic-types
    and I was going to use Sacred Sword, but my friend pointed out that Rock Slide is needed when you can’t afford an opposing Volcarona to survive 2 turns because of a Stone Edge miss and taking a turn to switch into Terrakion.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Growth
    GEnergy Ball
    Hidden Power Fire
    Sludge Bomb
    4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
    Modest
    Chlorophyll
    This is my chlorophyll sweeper. Sludge Bomb is a powerful STAB move. I was considering running Solarbeam over Energy Ball as it is also a powerful STAB move and doesn’t require charging in the sun, but means im f***ed against derppolitoad in the rain because of the 2 turns to charge. Giga Drain provides some recovery and when someone suggested it I wanted to go with it instead, but when i tried i found out it was illegal. HP fire is to get an attack thats boosted in power by sun.

Fortress @ Leftovers
    Stealth Rock
    Rapid Spin
    Volt Switch
    Spikes
    252 SpD 252 HP 4 SpA
    Sassy
    Sturdy
    Support, support, support. This is pure support set. Usually gets up SR+2 layers Spikes. It spins away hazards and can survive physical hits BIG TIME. Special Defense EVs let it survive 2 DMs from Choice Specs Latios. Volt switch is for a damage-doing strong move and an added option against derptoad. Obvious Rapid Spin is obvious. Need I say anything more?

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Flare Blitz
    Close Combat
    Morning Sun
    ExtremeSpeed
    4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
    Jolly
    Flash Fire
    Good sun sweeper. Morning Sun restores health and that is needed with a Life Orb and the primary attack doing 1/3 recoil along with Close Combat lowering my defence and special defence 1 stage. Extremespeed is for priority. I don’t use this poke very often because... look down. I used to run Wild Charge over Morning Sun but switched them when I found out that Wild charge is a 2HKO, not an OHKO on DerpPolitoad. Now that I swiched to Sunny Day Ninetales this doesn’t fit the team as well and a replacement would be appreciated. Currently being considered: Specially Defensive Heatran, Dragonite, Salamance, Latias, Blissey, Chansey, Typhlosion, Gastrodon. Suggesting period closed, descision period starts when Venusaur V Sawsbuck is done.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    Quiver Dance
    Firey Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Substitute
    252 SpA 4 SpD 252 Spe
    Timid
    Flame Body
    My main sun sweeper. After 1 Quiver Dance is up his 3 boosted stats are 583/462/490. And I normally get 2 up before sweeping. Thats stats of 311/115/165/738/492/654. CRAZY special attack, special defence and speed. To get that much special defence without boosts you would need base 172 special defence, 31 ivs, a boosting nature AND 252 EVs in special defence. To get that speed without boosts you need base 248 speed, 31 or 30 ivs, a boosting nature AND either 248 or 252 EVs depending on the ivs. It is literally impossible to get special attack that high without boosts (you get 664 with 255 base, 31 ivs, a boosting nature and 252 EVs in every stat bar HP).
    CONCLUSION
    The calculation for those stats was given to me by lucario44444444. It is: (base stat*2+5+ivs+(EVs/4))*nature*boost. An example is Volcarona’s special attack at +2. +2 means double it at the end, so: (135*2+5+31+(252/4))*1*2 then it goes to (135*2+5+31+63)*1*2 then to (270+5+31+63)*1*2 then to (275+31+63)*1*2 next is (306+63)*1*2 then 369*1*2 then 369*2 then you know it is 738. The full boost tables are: -6=*0.25 -5=*0.375 -4=*033. -3=*04. -2=*0.5 -1=*0.66 0=*1 +1=*1.5 +2=*2 +3=*2.5 +4=*3 +5=*3.5 +6=*4.

Venusaur VS Sawsbuck for a spot on my team(100 matches each before deciding, i need to have a chance at winning to count it)(only counting battles where the Poke participates)(In case of a tie I will Put it to a vote)(W/L/T)20/23/0(?%)to 0/0/0(0%)
    Last edited by epicdrill; 22nd December 2011 at 3:20 AM.

Current VO battle score: 85

Credit for image goes to woebegonenick.

Rain destoys this team BADDD.

You need a pokemon that can abuse the rain just in case the tables turn
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Any earthquake from anything with an attack stat higher than a caterpie wrecks this entire team.

Thats depressing. The fear of dugtrio is immense O.O
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    Rain destoys this team BADDD.

You need a pokemon that can abuse the rain just in case the tables turn
    When you add a rain counter to a sun team it makes it worse. Also, theres Venusaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonjeff View Post
    Any earthquake from anything with an attack stat higher than a caterpie wrecks this entire team.

Thats depressing. The fear of dugtrio is immense O.O
    Again, Venusaur

What happens when an enemy uses your sun to fry venasuar? then dugtrio comes in and takes down the rest of the team XD
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by epicdrill View Post
    When you add a rain counter to a sun team it makes it worse. Also, theres Venusaur.

Again, Venusaur
    Rain= 100% accuracy Hurricane

Venusaur won't stand a chance
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonjeff View Post
    What happens when an enemy uses your sun to fry venasuar? then dugtrio comes in and takes down the rest of the team XD
    Dugtrio sucks becuz non-ground movepool, defenses, HP
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    Rain= 100% accuracy Hurricane

Venusaur won't stand a chance
    actually READ EVERYTHING i said not th last part only

Well, first of all hello, I likeyour team and how you have choice scarf terrakion to counter opponent's sun however a well played rain team, either offensive or defensive would get an easy adventage over your team (yeah having venusaur isjust not enough), for example, your ninetails set is ok, meant to sweep, so it wouldnt take too many hits choice scarf politoed or well, anything faster can KO it without too much problem, win the weather war and then venusaur, arcanine and Vulcarona lose some power. Also, offensive rain teams often carry toxicroak and latios. Latios isnot OHKO'd by x scizor from terrakion at full health and toxicroak and set up on 3 out of 6 of your pokemons. Defensive ones are even worse. Again being ninetales frail it can be KO'd some what easily and with Dragonite on these It would be only matter oft ime its KO'd and again, with rain up. Steel types would be hard to handle,mostly jirachi.
    Now with Sand, the only true check you have against tyranitar is terrakion and arcanine, yeah they might be good enough but sand often (pretty much always) carries gliscor which walls your entire team if sun is down. This is almost the same sittuation against an specially defensive heatran walling 3 out of six of your pkms and if these two are combines you again get stalled to dead.
    Here are my advices:
    A more bulky set on ninetailswould make weather wars easier to win besides, you already have two set up sweepers so you probably wont have time to set up. Not only that but some support on it can make your wall breakers' life some what easier.
    Here is the set:
    Naruto (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 148 SDef / 108 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Toxic/EnergyBall/Hidden Power Fighting
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Roar
    Over heat is chosenbecause ninetails will mostly be like a hit and run pokemon so a strong attack is advisable next there is toxic energy ball or Hp fighting, I personally would prefer toxic because It would be very useful against, politoed and tyranitar's switch in however hidden power fighting would finish off weakened tyranitar and energy ball would hit politoed. Will-o-wisp may have bad accuracy but cutting opponents attack in half is just very useful most of the times. Finally roar can help phazing which works great against opponents sun when stealth rocks are up.
    My other suggestion is to put Gastrodon in your team to counter most of rain teams easily and again helping to win the weather war. This guy can take all water and electric attacks directed to your team and also wall most of the threats like, CM water pulse and thunder jirachi which seems to be very annoying if rain is up. Also with ice beam and its nice bulk it can take maybe one attack from tornadus and answer back with a powerful ice beam. Not only that but the synergy it does with your teams seems great.
    Here is the set:
    Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    The only problem would be, where to put it. I think arcanine isnt doing enough for this team which would only work if sun is up and with rainit isjust dead weight because even ferrothorn wouldnt be OHKO'd by flare blitz and morning sun wouldnt heal enough.
    Good Luck
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

arcanine not good ! you need ground counter i recomend try charizard over arcanine. also dugtrio is good for terrakion place it can trap tyranitar who beats your sun ! gl

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
    Well, first of all hello, I likeyour team and how you have choice scarf terrakion to counter opponent's sun however a well played rain team, either offensive or defensive would get an easy adventage over your team (yeah having venusaur isjust not enough), for example, your ninetails set is ok, meant to sweep, so it wouldnt take too many hits choice scarf politoed or well, anything faster can KO it without too much problem, win the weather war and then venusaur, arcanine and Vulcarona lose some power. Also, offensive rain teams often carry toxicroak and latios. Latios isnot OHKO'd by x scizor from terrakion at full health and toxicroak and set up on 3 out of 6 of your pokemons. Defensive ones are even worse. Again being ninetales frail it can be KO'd some what easily and with Dragonite on these It would be only matter oft ime its KO'd and again, with rain up. Steel types would be hard to handle,mostly jirachi.
    Now with Sand, the only true check you have against tyranitar is terrakion and arcanine, yeah they might be good enough but sand often (pretty much always) carries gliscor which walls your entire team if sun is down. This is almost the same sittuation against an specially defensive heatran walling 3 out of six of your pkms and if these two are combines you again get stalled to dead.
    Here are my advices:
    A more bulky set on ninetailswould make weather wars easier to win besides, you already have two set up sweepers so you probably wont have time to set up. Not only that but some support on it can make your wall breakers' life some what easier.
    Here is the set:
    Naruto (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 148 SDef / 108 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Toxic/EnergyBall/Hidden Power Fighting
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Roar
    Over heat is chosenbecause ninetails will mostly be like a hit and run pokemon so a strong attack is advisable next there is toxic energy ball or Hp fighting, I personally would prefer toxic because It would be very useful against, politoed and tyranitar's switch in however hidden power fighting would finish off weakened tyranitar and energy ball would hit politoed. Will-o-wisp may have bad accuracy but cutting opponents attack in half is just very useful most of the times. Finally roar can help phazing which works great against opponents sun when stealth rocks are up.
    My other suggestion is to put Gastrodon in your team to counter most of rain teams easily and again helping to win the weather war. This guy can take all water and electric attacks directed to your team and also wall most of the threats like, CM water pulse and thunder jirachi which seems to be very annoying if rain is up. Also with ice beam and its nice bulk it can take maybe one attack from tornadus and answer back with a powerful ice beam. Not only that but the synergy it does with your teams seems great.
    Here is the set:
    Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    The only problem would be, where to put it. I think arcanine isnt doing enough for this team which would only work if sun is up and with rainit isjust dead weight because even ferrothorn wouldnt be OHKO'd by flare blitz and morning sun wouldnt heal enough.
    Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    arcanine not good ! you need ground counter i recomend try charizard over arcanine. also dugtrio is good for terrakion place it can trap tyranitar who beats your sun ! gl
    good rates, but before I saw these I decided to switch to Sunny Day Ninetales which renders both rates mostly useless. In response to the part thats not useless, I know Latios destroys my team and u should read the write ups after I switch the ninetales and update other write ups as Arcanine becomes mostly useless.

EDIT:^done
    Last edited by epicdrill; 24th November 2011 at 1:05 AM.

What no rates? I want rates!!!!!!

drop morning sun on arcanine for thunder fang, no recoil damge and has the chance to inflict paralize. and either drop fortress, or arcanine for the gastrodon set menchiond above. i would also recomend geting another weather starter since nintails is the only one you have this will help with the weather war, i dont know who you could give sunney day to other than venasaur but that seems like a bad idea and you cant give it to vlacorona because its your spsweeper. i would also recomend giving someone a ballon to avoid ground atks, either volacorona or archanine insted of the life orb.
    Strive for an epic battle for all to see!
    Twilightphoenix XD

Changes Pending Please do not rate

Changes complete u may rate now

um...you kind of need to post the changes made to your team for us to be able to rate it...
    Strive for an epic battle for all to see!
    Twilightphoenix XD

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightphoenix View Post
    um...you kind of need to post the changes made to your team for us to be able to rate it...
    I did they were Sub over HP rock on Volca, Volt Switch over Gyro ball on Forry and SpD evs over Def evs on forry

I would consider Sawsbuck, he OHKOes Latios with Megahorn, Gyara with Wild Charge (and can take on Rain with it), and has strong STABs, and can kill Chandelure, a pokemon that generally gives Sun trouble due to it's typing. I've used both LO and CB. They both didn't disappoint.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Im no expert at rating teams but I recommend you switch terrakion out for conkeldurr. It removes another earthquake weakness and gets a water resist in the sun. A bulk up set ev'd specially defensive. It could come in and absorb status like thunderwave or a burn as guts increases attack by 50% and it is already slow. Thunderwave ruins your venusaur, arcanine, volcarona. It does counter excadrill and swiwftly deals with tyranitar. Mach punch is priority and is nothing to scoff at with 140 base attack, with STAB. Terrakion can't switch in on anything but it is a good revenge killer none the less. An x-scissor fails to kill latios at maximum health who is a great threat.

I would also recommend you get rid of arcanine and replace it with a dragon of your choice, it shares the same weaknesses as ninetails and it's attack stat are average. It's speed is sub par and it doesn't have that great boosting moves and it's priority isn't that strong as it has base 110 attack. Dragonite would make an excellent contender as it is immune to earthquake and resists fire type moves. It can set up easily providing there are no entry hazards. Garunteed dragon dance if there is no stealth rocks in play and can fire off high powered dragon claws and fire punch with pseudo stab. Salamence can also do this by forcing a switch, and and dragon dance on the switch. Fire blast become's 180 bp move. Skarmory will be toasted.

Other than that your team has got fairly good synergy. I would recommend you get status support to help your sweepers setting up. Or you could have a sun/ sand abuser in your team.
    Last edited by dildadonz; 3rd December 2011 at 9:50 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I would consider Sawsbuck, he OHKOes Latios with Megahorn, Gyara with Wild Charge (and can take on Rain with it), and has strong STABs, and can kill Chandelure, a pokemon that generally gives Sun trouble due to it's typing. I've used both LO and CB. They both didn't disappoint.
    Ill try it over Venusaur 4 a while then make a descision
    Quote Originally Posted by dildadonz View Post
    Im no expert at rating teams but I recommend you switch terrakion out for conkeldurr. It removes another earthquake weakness and gets a water resist in the sun. A bulk up set ev'd specially defensive. It could come in and absorb status like thunderwave or a burn as guts increases attack by 50% and it is already slow. Thunderwave ruins your venusaur, arcanine, volcarona. It does counter excadrill and swiwftly deals with tyranitar. Mach punch is priority and is nothing to scoff at with 140 base attack, with STAB. Terrakion can't switch in on anything but it is a good revenge killer none the less. An x-scissor fails to kill latios at maximum health who is a great threat.

I would also recommend you get rid of arcanine and replace it with a dragon of your choice, it shares the same weaknesses as ninetails and it's attack stat are average. It's speed is sub par and it doesn't have that great boosting moves and it's priority isn't that strong as it has base 110 attack. Dragonite would make an excellent contender as it is immune to earthquake and resists fire type moves. It can set up easily providing there are no entry hazards. Garunteed dragon dance if there is no stealth rocks in play and can fire off high powered dragon claws and fire punch with pseudo stab. Salamence can also do this by forcing a switch, and and dragon dance on the switch. Fire blast become's 180 bp move. Skarmory will be toasted.

Other than that your team has got fairly good synergy. I would recommend you get status support to help your sweepers setting up. Or you could have a sun/ sand abuser in your team.
    Dragonite+Salamence added as possible canine replacers and one of the main functions of terrakion is to beat opposing volcarona

Any more rates?

On venusaur you should switch energy ball for giga drain as it completly outclasses it. 5 base power difference isn't much and you don't lose out on any crucial KO's and giga drain gives you back hp. It is your best counter to rain teams. With leech seed and black sludge this is one annoying pokemon.

Go with dragonite as multiscale allows him to take a draco meteor from latios with ease.

Cool

On venusaur you should switch energy ball for giga drain as it completly outclasses it. 5 base power difference isn't much and you don't lose out on any crucial KO's and giga drain gives you back hp. It is your best counter to rain teams. With leech seed and black sludge this is one annoying pokemon.

Go with dragonite as multiscale allows him to take a draco meteor from latios with ease.
    I think I will, and im not in the decision phase for the replacement of canine

For the record, Giga Drain is illegal with Chlorophyll right now since there are no Female DW starters yet.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    For the record, Giga Drain is illegal with Chlorophyll right now since there are no Female DW starters yet.
    Then y doesnt po flag it down and tell me in standard OU

EDIT: it did

What no rates? y no rates?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast