Thread: The "Pokédex Project" - Black & White Print-out Guidebook

Hybrid View

Default The "Pokédex Project" - Black & White Print-out Guidebook

I was wondering what you guys would think about a project that I have for some reason become compelled to work on recently.

As a more competitive Trainer in the mainstream Pokémon series, the guidebooks have been a godsend for me to find information on every Pokémon when I’m not around a computer – or when I just flat out want to use a book instead. My Diamond and Pearl “Ultimate National Pokédex” can’t even keep its binding together for nearly half of the pages!

Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. There is no “Ultimate” Pokédex guidebook anymore for the newer games. Where I live, there is only one guidebook offered by Prima guides. All they think is important is just the fifth generation Pokémon. Literally the rest of the 400 or so pages are devoted to every ridiculous, painstaking detail you can do wirelessly with your friends or online. There is absolutely no excuse that the rest of the entire series couldn’t have been put in that book. It’s complete rubbish.

What I’ve decided to do is a highly ambitious project I’ve simply and lazily named “The (Black & White) Pokédex Project”. It is a minimalist, printer-friendly guidebook that fits perfectly on the standard 8.5” x 11” page. Every Pokémon, every alternate form, will be included. You can easily compare each attack and who learns it and when side-by-side without having to constantly flip between pages. In addition to Egg Moves, any previous generation attacks (as far back as Ruby & Sapphire) are listed. Where you can locate each Pokémon in the wild (or through NPC trades) is even included.

Future plans are under way for an interactive Flash detailing all the breeding chain combinations for each Pokémons' Egg Moves. This is something that can turn out massive and too much to write down all on paper, so the Flash will keep everything as clean as possible and direct you to the ideal move you're looking for.

Yes, this information is all available here on good ol’ Serebii. But I want to offer an alternative for those who can’t always access the Internet 24/7, or for those who want an even quicker reference of each Pokémon’s movepool – FOR FREE!

Click here for an example page of Level-up moves and Breeding Information
    Click here for an example page of Locations to find each Pokémon

Let me know what you think about it. I’ll work on this project with much more confidence and satisfaction knowing other people can put it to use!

For updates and links to download pages to this guide, check out my blogger site, Pocket Monstrosity.
    Last edited by Charizard Lizzy; 18th February 2012 at 5:02 AM. Reason: updates

It does sound like a nice idea. But most people have iphone/android apps for this.

^ Click the userbar for Pokemon Giveaways!

Pokemon Plus | Movie 2011 Giveaway | Legend Pack Giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by Lavi View Post
    It does sound like a nice idea. But most people have iphone/android apps for this.
    True... Even I have one XD I just find the one I use too "clumsy" for what I have envisioned.

So maybe if I really, really want to publish the info in my own way, I should "get with the times" and program an app. I know I'll be learning some smartphone app programming sometime next semester in my multimedia class.

Thanks for pointing that out :P
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Lizzy View Post
    True... Even I have one XD I just find the one I use too "clumsy" for what I have envisioned.

So maybe if I really, really want to publish the info in my own way, I should "get with the times" and program an app. I know I'll be learning some smartphone app programming sometime next semester in my multimedia class.

Thanks for pointing that out :P
    Sorry, but I must interupt here.

There were many Apps feautering similiar info. But Nintendo shut'd many (all Androids) down whith the message: "To similar to our guidebooks". They can't make profit on them if nobody buys them.
    To sum this up; get a internet website for this. Then, host all images there. People who are intersted can Download the images and/or print them out. Hopefully whithout Nintendos knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    You're not bringing people with poor grammar to concentration camps and gassing them, are you?

Spoiler:- Misc. Pokemon things:

Quote Originally Posted by bug pro View Post
    Sorry, but I must interupt here.

There were many Apps feautering similiar info. But Nintendo shut'd many (all Androids) down whith the message: "To similar to our guidebooks". They can't make profit on them if nobody buys them.
    To sum this up; get a internet website for this. Then, host all images there. People who are intersted can Download the images and/or print them out. Hopefully whithout Nintendos knowing.
    Hm, that's strange, because Itunes doesn't seem to have any issues hosting Ipod apps of them. But still, that's a bummer.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

This is awesome! Go right on, I know several people that would like this!

^ That's true. Almost all of the Pokemon Apps have been shut down, though I have a few on my pc for Android if any one needs them.

If you need anywhere to host the images then let me know, you can use my host if needed.

^ Click the userbar for Pokemon Giveaways!

Pokemon Plus | Movie 2011 Giveaway | Legend Pack Giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by Lavi View Post
    ^ That's true. Almost all of the Pokemon Apps have been shut down, though I have a few on my pc for Android if any one needs them.

If you need anywhere to host the images then let me know, you can use my host if needed.
    That's very kind of you!

Do you know if a decent enough group of people over at your site would be interested in something like this?

i like your idea, but for egg moves, you should put who you have to breed with to get the move.
    Huh? What is this dark sorcery?!

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMuncher9000 View Post
    i like your idea, but for egg moves, you should put who you have to breed with to get the move.
    Oh I do plan on doing so! However, all the possible family tree combinations are waaaay to big to write down all on paper, so I'd have to create an interactive Flash instead.