Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Competitive play without stealth rock

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Which leaves it with 2 attacking moves, pick whichever 2 you want, their is a type combo that can wall it (and possibly phase it)
    if i have dclaw and fire punch, your heatran walls me. if i have dclaw and eq, your skarmory walls me.

then good sir, why the flying **** did you send out starmie

I sent out starmie because my dragonite (with a neutral speed nature) has been outsprd by a choice starmie after 2 or 3 d dances then ohko'd.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Now all we need is an ice-type Stealth Rock.

^ Click this for good times ^

I feel like a bulky gyarados could switch in to either combo, skarmory could switch in on your earthquake combo. What you send in would just take prediction, also something to note I did not know; dragon is only resisted by steel types, making the fire punch much better option, and I now stand by you on saying it would be next to impossible to counter, especially late game. how much damage do you think a weaville holding a choice item (the one that increases attack) or life orb, using ice shard could do?
    Yeah, Gyarados could work, bringing it's attack down with intimidate, then phazing it with roar/dragon tail.
    Now all we need is an ice-type Stealth Rock.
    Poor mence. D:
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I sent out starmie because my dragonite (with a neutral speed nature) has been outsprd by a choice starmie after 2 or 3 d dances then ohko'd.
    why did you keep dnite in

if the opponent was so giddy to switch in something as frail as starmie to threaten your dnite, and you didn't see leftovers recovery, you easily could've inferred it was scarf, which ,depending on the situation you were in, could've been used to switch / boost.

Well, Dragonite would be easier to revenge kill then Exca. If it tries to restore multiscale with roost, it'll likely take another hit. After that, it would take a good Rock/Ice move and a scarf.

Because I was hoping I would be faster after 3 d dances, and I had thunder punch, plus I was new

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well, Dragonite would be easier to revenge kill then Exca. If it tries to restore multiscale with roost, it'll likely take another hit. After that, it would take a good Rock/Ice move and a scarf.
    keep in mind roost alleviates nite of its flying type, thus (assuming you're faster at this point) something like stone edge from terrakion is essentially like being hit with a resisted attack when multiscale isn't in tact

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    keep in mind roost alleviates nite of its flying type, thus (assuming you're faster at this point) something like stone edge from terrakion is essentially like being hit with a resisted attack when multiscale isn't in tact
    I said easier to revenge kill....Not easier to just take out.

Now that I think about it, you'd probably always have to sacrifice one pokemon, and then send out a choice scarfer/deoxys-s with a specific type move...Well, I guess it would be Uber worthy.

I said easier to revenge kill....Not easier to just take out.

Now that I think about it, you'd probably always have to sacrifice one pokemon, and then send out a choice scarfer/deoxys-s with a specific type move...Well, I guess it would be Uber worthy.
    sandstorm and hail cancel multiscale (of none rock,ground,steel pokemons) then it is still conterable also strong ice attacks still hurt dragonite they are *2 damage instead of *4 but they are still powerful and can KO dragonite despite multiscale...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    sandstorm and hail cancel multiscale (of none rock,ground,steel pokemons) then it is still conterable also strong ice attacks still hurt dragonite they are *2 damage instead of *4 but they are still powerful and can KO dragonite despite multiscale...
    Only if it switches in though on an attack. If it comes in after another pokemon is KOed it won't take Sand/Hail damage. And I've seen defensive Dnites take Ice attacks (or at least HP Ice) decently when Multiscale was still alive.

I have claimed Giratina

Yeah, Gyarados could work, bringing it's attack down with intimidate, then phazing it with roar/dragon tail.Poor mence. D:
    Flying-types not named Skarm to NU. D:

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Baton Pass would be a bit more common, bringing Smeargle, Ninjask, and the like to higher tiers. That said, best if it stays so I continue to obliterate teams in NU with Regigigas (seriously people, it's that good).

Now what if Stealth Rock was a different type? What if Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes hit airborne Pokémon?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Now what if Stealth Rock was a different type?
    The answer seems kind of obvious to me. If it was dark, less psychic/ghost. If ice, less dragons and Chomp wouldn't be uber, ect.
    What if Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes hit airborne Pokémon?
    Probably more phazing, stall, and rapid spin. Espeon and Starmie would be everywhere.

A world without SR?? Madre de Dios :I say hello to Speed Boost Yanmega to OU, and Volcarona to Ubers, even if they have some annoying weaknes. Both of them are gonna apreciate the ride iof SR as they're not gonna losse 50% HP everyturn .---.

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

How would Volcarona be Ubers? It's still destroyed by any rock moves, walled by the likes of Heatran (who also phases it out) and Jellicent.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    How would Volcarona be Ubers? It's still destroyed by any rock moves, walled by the likes of Heatran (who also phases it out) and Jellicent.
    Well, it can hurt Heatran with HP ground...

What could jellicent do in return? Will-o-Wisp? Scald? Those won't put a dent in it.

Even if it doesn't go to ubers, gyarados will probably be seen a lot more.

Just saying about dnite without stealth rock, we completely forgot about burns/paralysis. A burn would completely kill it; it's attack would be halfed and it's multiscale would be broke every turn. Or paralysis which would half its speed and cause it to miss a few turns

Just saying about dnite without stealth rock, we completely forgot about burns/paralysis. A burn would completely kill it; it's attack would be halfed and it's multiscale would be broke every turn. Or paralysis which would half its speed and cause it to miss a few turns
    Which is why i run a lum dd nite.. Dd when people tries to status me..

If wow misses, dd again..

Caught lota people off guard lol..
    Click Image To Go To My Shop

My Pokemon takes down the strongest of all walls, and tanks the strongest of all hits. Give them the pleasure of destroying your team.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 5243 2783 1934

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A 3v3 Flat Rule Battle

Well, it can hurt Heatran with HP ground...

What could jellicent do in return? Will-o-Wisp? Scald? Those won't put a dent in it.

Even if it doesn't go to ubers, gyarados will probably be seen a lot more.
    most volcaronas run HP rock to hit everything neutral except terrakion (which need to be removed before volcarona is out anyway but I think ditto would make volcarona regret that.
    and yep bulky waters are one of the lots of safe switch ins of volcarona with 1 quiver dance scald don't do nothing to him and with stealth rock not there he would have more opportunities that would mean every team would have a choice scarf terrakion or blissey

Stealth rocks is awesome. I actaully don't have it on my team, but i still can deal with nite/volcarona/charazard. Focus sash wouldn't be broken even if SR didn't exist.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Moltres, Articuno, Volcarona, Dragonite and all others with 25% or more weak to SR and decent stats would go up in usage statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    Moltres, Articuno, Volcarona, Dragonite and all others with 25% or more weak to SR and decent stats would go up in usage statistics.
    Dragonite's currently the #1 mon used in Smogon OU

Volcarona was 25th for October and made the Uber suspect list

Moltres could possibly make UU (or at least bumped to BL2) but with its shallow movepool Charizard would be the superior Fire/Flyer for most sweeping roles.

Articuno has nothing but Ice and Flying moves however. Still not enough of an incentive to use it.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    Articuno will suck even without stealth rock. It has absolutely terrible typing. It would probably be...NU.

Gyarados would benefit alot, especially defensive sets.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Dragonite's currently the #1 mon used in Smogon OU
    I heard that was for only those with less than 1300(ish?) rating. Above that, it was Toed, iirc. So, to put it pluntly, Dnite is for n00bz
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/262s83s.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast