Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lonely Deino (717)

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-123 View Post
    So........ Was it a good episode?
    It depends what kind of thing you like in an episode. Everyone will have a different opinion on it. Just watch it/look at the pictures/read a summary and see if you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    let me put it like this. If you didn't care that Iris didn't get Deino, then you would probably enjoy it, if you came expecting a capture then you'll hate and despise it.
    I expected a capture and liked it still.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Meh filler. Oh well.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Did anyone notice a trainer from the Hoenn league was in this episode? The guy who battled Morrisson with his Electabuzz?
    Yes, I did, posted it here twice already, and in the past saga reference thread..

But how can I know if I've never seen AG :O
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

The writers are re-using old character designs, but considering some of these characters are now from like 6 years and hundreds of episodes ago, they probably figure kids of today wouldn't recognize them.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I expected a capture and liked it still.
    ok maybe not everyone would get upset, still there are quite a few people are angry because there wasn't a capture --;

LAME....I wasted my time on this episode. These writers are the biggest trolls ever.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    LAME....I wasted my time on this episode. These writers are the biggest trolls ever.
    It was obvious the moment the preview aired months ago she wasn't going to get it.

Iris got development and a new part of the backstory.

As a true Iris fan, I am happy.

It was obvious the moment the preview aired months ago she wasn't going to get it.
    Not true. I honestly felt their was a good chance she was gonna get it. Though we didn't know they were all owned by different trainers.

Not true. I honestly felt their was a good chance she was gonna get it. Though we didn't know they were all owned by different trainers.
    Whenever the writers have a character look sad in a preview with a possible capture, most likely they will not get it. I called this being similar to the May/Swablu or Max/Ralts episodes, even though this one was nowhere near as sad. They didn't even make much of a big deal of Iris letting Deino go back to its trainer.

Well she didn't get it ^^; you could say the same for any Pokemon I guess. My advice would be just to be happy with cute parts in the episode
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

What's there to be sad about guy's, Swadloon was in this episode...doing something important since the Burgh Gym....BATTLING and who you might ask, freaking awesome STUNFISK...that made the episode for me. Now Swadloon might actually evolve...and at least Iris got more backstory
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Hooray Swadloon and Stunfisk!

Lol I had a huge feeling Iris was not going to get this Deino... I was right.
    When they reach Opelucid, Drayden can give her a deino egg for all I care.

Random : PokéRadar

If they were all owned by the same trainer, then Iris would've had a better shot.

This episode is in more comparison to Misty/Marill than it is to May/Swablu and Max/Ralts with Iris having to give the pokemon back to it's trainer. Looks like another Misty/Iris similarity.

Whenever the writers have a character look sad in a preview with a possible capture, most likely they will not get it. I called this being similar to the May/Swablu or Max/Ralts episodes, even though this one was nowhere near as sad.
    This episode was so unlike May/Swablu or Max/Ralts episode. It showed us that Iris still has a lot to learn (as depicted by the backstory) and Iris failing to to bond with Deino at the beginning. She also got development, as well. She should have never warmed up to a Deino belonging to another trainer and I think this episode taught her a valuable lesson.

Maybe Iris was just trying to help Deino out of her Dragon Master reasons (at first) but we all know that deep inside she was hoping she could it take it with her. (especially as she started helping it)

They didn't even make much of a big deal of Iris letting Deino go back to its trainer.
    Crap, I forgot that in order for characters to be likable, they need to be depressed 24/7. How could I forget that?

The writers are re-using old character designs, but considering some of these characters are now from like 6 years and hundreds of episodes ago, they probably figure kids of today wouldn't recognize them.
    Could be, think back about the schoolchildren from the Trubbish episode, they were identical to the ones from the original series, though not as blatant as this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ok maybe not everyone would get upset, still there are quite a few people are angry because there wasn't a capture --;
    The redeeming factors were kickbutt, which is why I'd give this, eventhough no capture happened, a solid seven.

Whenever the writers have a character look sad in a preview with a possible capture, most likely they will not get it. I called this being similar to the May/Swablu or Max/Ralts episodes, even though this one was nowhere near as sad. They didn't even make much of a big deal of Iris letting Deino go back to its trainer.
    Honestly, it might be a bit like May/Swablu, but not quite. May got nothing out of it, nor did we learn anything new about May.

May's case was a general interest in the pokemon. Iris' case was a general interest in the pokemon out of her goal of becoming a Dragon Master, which was revealed in this episode to at least entail having the ability to become 'close' to dragons.

This is new, and this is where Iris' goal is set apart from Misty's, who wanted to be a Water type Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    What's there to be sad about guy's, Swadloon was in this episode...doing something important since the Burgh Gym....
    BATTLING and who you might ask, freaking awesome STUNFISK...that made the episode for me. Now Swadloon might actually evolve...and at least Iris got more backstory
    I agree, this episode was good, eventhough people might think of it as filler, I'd not consider it as such, as Iris' conquest was developed, or better 'nuanced'..

Aside from that: Swadloon, Stunfisk, Dwebble, Scraggy, Lampent, Druddigon, Fraxure, and three Deino.. Quite a nice castlist if you ask me..

Swadloon appearing for some training was good. Especially after 18 episodes of neglect, and after more then 30 episodes of not fighting is good. Heck, Swadloon has done so little..

- Defeated Burgh's Whirlipede.
    - Fall for Emolga's Attract and gotten in a group scuffle.
    - Got poisoned along with the rest of the group.
    - Sown costumes with Luke's Leavanny.
    - Had a training battle with Dento's Stunfisk and spew a String Shot at a Deino.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/be.../717/DP363.jpg

When did Team Rocket get an iPad?

[or is it just me...?]
    -----------------------------------------------
    czzzzzzz[]:::::::::::::::::::::::> ()__)__)__)__)__)__)

Taking back to previous Holy War in 243 years ago - The Lost Canvas.

Second part has ended and the twin gods were sealed. Then visiting to the Bluegard to get the source of power...

Status: | Aries | Taurus | Gemini | Cancer | Leo | Virgo | Libra | Scorpio | Sagittarius | Capricorn | Aquarius | Pisces | Pope/Altar |

I also known as Entei in chatroom.

Mario Kart DS - 073080 634195
    Pokemon Diamond DS - 0645 2455 5853
    SSBB Wii - 3909 7241 6221

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I did see some people who claimed that Iris was definitely going to get Deino. I can get you the receipts if you want.
    Like I said I meant I didn't see many people doing that, Iris fanatics were certaintly doing but when people that love characters like that I tend to not value their opinions in those subjects due to being biased.

For example I said to me the only thing that would make sense is if the actual trainer was an ******* which didn't seem the case from the start or if he had a lot of Deino as you can check in the first pages I said I didn't think it would get caught at all after seeing separate trainers.

G50 with Tepig, Hatersgonnahate with Iris for example, heck you have an excelent example of that in the first post hater gonna hate made in this thread, even though the writers developed her dream, he is saying the writers trolled him/her(dunno haters sex) just because of the capture not happening even though it was well handled.

Cyber they have been re-using trainer since Johto I believe, Dogasu has a section about that in his site I believe, this is nothing new, heck they used an Hikari clone on the electric gym.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 24th November 2011 at 6:22 PM.

So it would seem that I was right about this being the BW equivalent of the episode True Blue Swablu. A whole episode of build up for no payoff. This wouldn't be nearly as bad if it wasn't teased well in advance to make it look important and then have a week skipped thus making us wait longer for what would end up being filler.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

"I guessed right so therefore the truth is obvious and in the future I will always be right because I'm me"

Get over yourself. It was not obvious, don't even try to pull that arrogant crap.

i thought that iris would have caught deino since its trainer abandoned it im sad i thought she would have finally have another capture
    My White FC is 2322 7756 2946

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=551976 Check out my new tradeshop
        Spoiler:- Clan Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    "I guessed right so therefore the truth is obvious and in the future I will always be right because I'm me"

Get over yourself. It was not obvious, don't even try to pull that arrogant crap.
    Anyone who has been following the anime for years knows this type of episode is done almost every saga. Happened in Johto, twice in AG and once in DP. Now it was BW's time.

This episode presents a problem to me the more I think about it. The writers specifically gave Iris the goal of being a Dragon Master and even gave her a rival who's a Dragon Buster but the problem is, neither can live up to their full potential unless the writers let Iris get some more Dragon Pokemon. Isshu as is only has a handful of non legendary Dragons and yet when the opportunity presents itself for Iris to expand the dragons she's training, the writers completely waste it. Even if she does end up fully evolving Kibago, that's not really gonna scream Dragon Master since its still her only dragon pokemon. The only way it'll seem that she's getting anywhere is if she raises and understands a series of different Dragon Pokemon.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    This episode presents a problem to me the more I think about it. The writers specifically gave Iris the goal of being a Dragon Master and even gave her a rival who's a Dragon Buster but the problem is, neither can live up to their full potential unless the writers let Iris get some more Dragon Pokemon. Isshu as is only has a handful of non legendary Dragons and yet when the opportunity presents itself for Iris to expand the dragons she's training, the writers completely waste it. Even if she does end up fully evolving Kibago, that's not really gonna scream Dragon Master since its still her only dragon pokemon. The only way it'll seem that she's getting anywhere is if she raises and understands a series of different Dragon Pokemon.
    So True. At least with Misty her whole team besides Togepi was water pokemon. Iris having only one dragon is beyond ridiculous and makes her look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by theboar View Post
    http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/be.../717/DP363.jpg

When did Team Rocket get an iPad?

[or is it just me...?]
    I'm not sure but I think they've used it before actually

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast