Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Lonely Deino (717)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I won't judge who had more emotional episodes out of Dawn and Iris until the end of BW.
    This episode wasn't really about emotions but rather about character growth and establishing the fact how much Iris has yet to learn about dragon types. Character growth because Iris needed to learn to let go. By trying to help Deino she grew attached to it despite knowing that it had a trainer and she only found herself heartbroken when she realized that Deino had to go. Nevertheless, such episodes that show off Iris as non-snarky, mature young girl (who still has a lot to learn) are really precious and much better than a great number of Cilan episodes. Furthermore, this episode extended her background and history even more with flashbacks.

This is why I always say that Iris gets quality episodes and Cilan gets the quantity of the episodes.

There's always some sort of depth and development involved with Iris-centric episodes while Cilan merely gets his sparkles, tasting time and random quirks/hobbies that satisfy fanboys/fangirls.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Fine with me..bring on the zweilous...or maybe even a hydreigon...
    Don't you think that's over doing it ^^; but whatever, I could be wrong.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I imagine if i was younger this episode may have possibly been quite upsetting, but even so it was terribly done.
    We practically watch Iris try to bond with a Deino failing up until the end. As soon as she gets it to come out of a bush which it's been doing for the past 3 days, it is picked up by it's trainer. No real emotional goodbye, no "i'll see you around", no nothing.

Not only this but the writers even acknowledged a chance for her to get to say goodbye as Ash and Cilan mentioned that she never said bye, but instead she simply said it was happy, and thus the episode ended.

It definetly tried to be an emotional episode but didn't really do the job right in my opinion, one thing this episode was good for was developing her role as wanting to become a dragon master.
    Did you even watch the episode? Deino came out of the bush days before the trainer returned, after that it was getting close to iris. And I highly disagree about it being unemotional. The moment Deino was recalled back into its pokeball, you could see the story on Iris's face. She had grown attached to it and didn't want it to leave her.

Not only this but the writers even acknowledged a chance for her to get to say goodbye as Ash and Cilan mentioned that she never said bye, but instead she simply said it was happy, and thus the episode ended.
    Cilan said "didn't you want to say goodbye iris?", meaning she could've asked the trainer for a moment with Deino, but realized that seeing Deino's happiness was all she needed. This made it even more emotional, but you clearly missed that.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 10th April 2012 at 3:03 AM.

Don't all the characters normally have a Pokemon bonding episode like this? I know Ash has bonded with alot, May had one, Max, Brock with Sharpedo, Misty and the whole other bread and baskets. So this episode wasn't a surprise to me since the spoilers of no capture was relevant. However, the fact that out of the three Deinos, all of them belonged to someone. Talk about a troll luck episode.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Did you even watch the episode? Deino came out of the bush days before the trainer returned, after that it was getting close to iris. And I highly disagree about it being unemotional. The moment Deino was recalled back into its pokeball, you could see the story on Iris's face. She had grown attached to it and didn't want it to leave her.
    Im just gonna start by saying i really dislike your tone, you did this in the other thread, almost as if your trying to make a flame war or something.

Anyway, yes i did watch the episode. It came out the second night to eat. The third following day it came out but only to Iris. The next day it remained out until the afternoon when the trainer finally returned. Basically, you saying it came out 'days' before the trainer returned isn't true, it only came out of the bush properly for one day and a half. Two days if you count the evening where it started eating.

And about the second half, that's your opinion, i didn't find it emotional enough, and i don't think it would be overly emotional for a child either. She may have bonded and become attatched with it, but it's clear that once Deino's trainer returned she was pleased for it when it was with it's trainer again, she showed a split 2 seconds of emotion (don't believe me? look at the images or watch the episode again) in her eyes, but immediately after smiled and waved goodbye, she was happy that Deino was happy.
    It wasn't very emotional for me, since i don't think she bonded with it enough.

Cilan said "didn't you want to say goodbye iris?",
    Yes, i've stated this.

meaning she could've asked the trainer for a moment with Deino, but realized that seeing Deino's happiness was all she needed. This made it even more emotional, but you clearly missed that.
    Your right she could have, but to me my first immediate thoughts were 'what is she doing? is she too shy to ask the trainer?', and then the trainer left. I never thought about the emotional side of it since personally i don't think it was done properly, i didn't feel she bonded enough with it, and each day rushed by way too fast. That's the disadvantage of the show being 20 minutes.

Im just gonna start by saying i really dislike your tone, you did this in the other thread, almost as if your trying to make a flame war or something.
    Heh. Tone.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Better then most of the other fillers. I did like Bobby a lot

Quote Originally Posted by deoxys4ever View Post
    loved this episode aswell is it me or doesnt deino voice actor sound like the one who played loudred in advanced generation haha XD

Lisa Ortiz did the voice for Deino who is the voice of Oshawott

Yeah I hope he shows up again.

My ideal battle ever!

Not a bad episode it's nice seeing Iris get some focus especially since she's supposed to be a dragon master in training. Only problem I got is those Deino were breaking rocks with their heads, I would think headbutting a human with that much force in the rib cage would kill them.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

The pokemon characters have shown multiple time that they are superhuman. Pikachu can tear through steel like with his Volt Tackle. Ash can tank that thing with his chest.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

Are we sure Bobby isn't Cilan's long-lost cousin? I mean, that eye design and that queer weird-like attitude...
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 15th April 2012 at 8:55 PM.

I liked that Iris was trying to bond with the shy Deino at the Day Care Center, and I thought her story about the Druddigon at the Village of Dragons was interesting. Still, there were certain parts of the episode that I didn't like. The first being the other Deino at the Day Care; they were simply props. I also didn't like Iris's attitude when that guy came for his Foongus; I know she thought he was Deino's trainer, but she shouldn't have lost her temper; it made her seem childish, and I'm finally starting to understand why some people call her a hypocrite. The last thing that really irked me was Pikachu. I'm sick of the Pikachu-wakes-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-notices-that-someone-is-missing thing. I mean what the hell, does Pikachu suffer from insomnia? It's like he can't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I know she thought he was Deino's trainer, but she shouldn't have lost her temper; it made her seem childish, and I'm finally starting to understand why some people call her a hypocrite.
    Well yes, that's a character flaw. There's another example of that in one of the recent episodes where Iris called Ash a kid for not knowing something and when Ash asked whether she knows it, she just said "nope." So yeah, it's clear that she's almost as childish as Ash is.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Well yes, that's a character flaw. There's another example of that in one of the recent episodes where Iris called Ash a kid for not knowing something and when Ash asked whether she knows it, she just said "nope." So yeah, it's clear that she's almost as childish as Ash is.
    And which episode is this? Theres no point in mentioning it unless you know which episode it came from.

And which episode is this? Theres no point in mentioning it unless you know which episode it came from.
        Spoiler:- :

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Thank you ... huh, it wasn't so recent after all, haha. XD

Even Cilan got out-camped in this episode, i thought the whole thing was a bit of a joke I mean who would leave there precious pokemon with Elton John anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    That episode hasn't even been dubbed yet. How would you know what they said unless you speak Japanese?

That episode hasn't even been dubbed yet. How would you know what they said unless you speak Japanese?
    I don't watch the dub, but it's pretty easy to get the idea of what's being said. Just take our word for it; it happens.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I also didn't like Iris's attitude when that guy came for his Foongus; I know she thought he was Deino's trainer, but she shouldn't have lost her temper; it made her seem childish, and I'm finally starting to understand why some people call her a hypocrite.
    Even though I found that kind of funny, I do agree with this. It was dumb for her to assume he was Deino's trainer in the first place.

The funny thing is, if Deino wasn't a dragon type pokemon, she probably wouldn't have given a crap.

Pointless filler.

JK!!

I enjoyed that Iris had some interaction with a Dragon type Pokemon, good for her development. Bobby the Day-Care bloke was a laugh too.

I also had a laugh at Foongus' trainer. He was a nut. Felt sorry for that poor Deino and his/her trainer that got lost in Chargestone Cave, which was nice to see for the first time.

Agreed that Iris made herself out to be 'a little kid', and also that if it wasn't a Dragon type she probably wouldn't have cared as much. She would have, just not as much.
    {Insert signature here}

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Even though I found that kind of funny, I do agree with this. It was dumb for her to assume he was Deino's trainer in the first place.

The funny thing is, if Deino wasn't a dragon type pokemon, she probably wouldn't have given a crap.
    Are you kidding me? That guy walked right up to Iris, bent down on one knee, and opened his arms in front of Deino saying he came for his pokemon. What was she supposed to think?

The funny thing is, if any other character besides iris had done the same thing and gotten angry, you would've said it was an honest mistake, but since it was Iris (and you being a Iris hater), you decide call her out on it. What a hypocrite.

The only reason iris got angry was because the trainer didn't call or anything and Deino was going into further depression. When the real trainer returned and explained why he was late, Iris then understood the situation.

It baffles me how some of you can't understand the simple things that are being shown on your screen.

Insinuating that Iris doesn't care about any pokemon unless it's a dragon type, which isn't true.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 16th April 2012 at 6:42 AM.

Along with that 00poke_maniac said, the episode has been subbed by the people who speak Japanese.

I liked Bobby's dub voice, I wasn't sure but I thought it sounded familiar, found out his voice actor voiced another character on another show.

Deino sounded nice too.

I enjoyed the dub version overall.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Well no one told her to stay there with the Deino especially if it's at the damn daycare. It's not like it was left in the wild or something cold and hungry.
    As far as the other types are concerned you might be right. But this is one of those episodes where the writers want to focus on her emotion.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast