Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lonely Deino (717)

Huzzah!! People will complain 8D Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I can't wait :P

Anyways lets talk about what we learned from this episode.

We learned:

SWADLOON IS ALIVE!

Some great Iris backhistory!

Dento gets freaked out when other people sparkle!!

and...

Dento cannot do manual labor!

For this being an Iris episode we certainly learned a lot about Dento. :PP

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Swadloon actually appeared and was actually training, that makes this episode a winner in my book..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

No Deino capture...NOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    But he's right; those three are completely irrelevant. *Spills that tea*

But yeah, it looks like Iris really didn't capture Deino even though many people thought she would for some reason; I'll never understand why so many people were dead-set on it happening, but I guess there's no point in wondering about that now. I didn't want Iris to capture Deino anyway since she should be focusing on training her Axew, and I'm really glad that this episode is finally behind us so that we can move on with our lives.
    You guys tend to confuse stuff, there are people that wanted her to capture, I didn't see many people like "OMG she will capture it 100%".

You didn't Oo I remember you saying that you wanted her to capture it.

Oh and I say it again whoever said this episode is "useless" is just being dumb sorry, I don't have any other word to classify it, I'm not even trying to offend anyone...(infract if you will mods, even though I'm saying I'm not trying to offend anyone).

Lol poke maniac, Elice with her random stuff and you with your Dento stuff always crack me up .

P.S: Stop whining about her not capturing, she didn't move on, she still has more then half of the region to get it or a Druidigon or both even if she doesn't we got to know more stuff about her dream, its about understanding and dealing with dragons not just having them and training them, she kinda did what her elder did with the rampaging Druidigon, Deino was obviously not rampaging but he was shy and wasn't able to interact with others.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 24th November 2011 at 1:28 PM.

I'm glad Swadloon got screentime. This really foreshadows that he may be used in the gym, which could perhaps mean he may evolve. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    I'm glad Swadloon got screentime. This really foreshadows that he may be used in the gym, which could perhaps mean he may evolve. Soon.
    Yeah like I said Satoshi has been training Scraggy and as of today Swadloon too apparently so they migth be used in the next gym, kinda like he said he was going to train his Don Battle team to be used in the gym and he used them(even though he wasn't going to use Snivy apparently).

Okay, I'm going to sum up some of the stuff that happened in this episode, and were good, and some that were bad:

The good:
    - Swadloon appears after a massive 18 episode gap.
    - Ash in a training match against Dento
    - Dento using Stunfisk (him using Stunfisk here and in the Kami episodes is to make up for it's loss in the Don Battle)
    - Axew Dragon Raging a Deino
    - Swadloon using Stringshot against a Deino
    - Stunfisk getting stepped on again, actually a good gag if you ask me..
    - Iris and Ash at least trying to capture the first two Deino.
    - Flashback outlining that a Dragon Master can calm any Dragon pokemon.
    - All Unova Dragon lines appearing in a single episode.
    - Past series reference -> Jump reappearing: Compare Unova Jump to Hoenn Jump. Colorswapped from orange to red, and edited his blackface mouth off.
    - Chargestone Cave appearing

The Bad:
    - Whole lot of mčh..
    - Iris eventually not getting it.
    - Forum users complaining that all trainers look the same, when one is clearly female (or a male wearing a skirt) and the other two male, one with blue/black hair, and another with brown..
    Last edited by Locormus; 24th November 2011 at 3:31 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Only seen the pictures so far.

So Stunfisk, Swadloon, and Dwebble got to appear, cool. Too bad Stunfisk and Swadloon's battle wasn't finished. Poor Stunfisk for getting stepped on too...it was starting to cry, aren't they suppose to wait for people to step on them, Deino must have a strong stomp.

Pikachu looked like it had vampire teeth at one point...Ash looked scared haha.

The daycare guy seems pretty buffed up, those muscles of his, not sure why he showed them off but still. He looks like he takes some classes from Cilan, considering he's spinning around and acting all Cilany...which means he's awesome .

Team Rocket is back and getting ready for their next plan, can't wait.

Iris doesn't get Deino in the end, was hoping she would, oh well.

It seems like an enjoyable episode to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    - Forum users complaining that all trainers look the same, when one is clearly female (or a male wearing a skirt) and the other two male, one with blue/black hair, and another with brown..
    I wasn't complaining, I said they all look the same even the GIRL.

That is animators slacking unless they are family like I said, they can make them all bland and not look alike lol, did you seriously take my post serious though? oh and I didnt check if someone else said what I said but if someone meant that seriously...

Iris will possibly get a Deino in the near future. If I remember, Lyra's friend caught a Gible, and then several episodes later, Ash caught a Gible.

I should be receiving another check right about now. I had bet Iris wasn't going to get jack. This sure was a disappointing episode.

My ideal battle ever!

Swadloon, you're..... alive. I thought I'd never see you again......

Aside from Iris not getting Deino, I thought it was a decent episode. 6/10
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    we've already got cybercubed no 2 and An00bis acting like it was a waste of time already --;

i bet you that when more people wake up and see this episode for what it was worth they'll change thier tune about things and still believe Iris can get Deino later.

Edit: what do you know, someone over at Bulbagarden already proved me right, by bringing up the gible incident.
    What are you talking about? I'm saying that if we got an episode later on where Iris gets a Deino, this episode would be pointless because she have captured it here.

For now, this episode isn't pointless, Iris spend like 3 days helping this Deino out, showing that she can truly become a Dragon Master since a Dragon Master needs to be able to open the hearts of dragon Pokemon apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    But he's right; those three are completely irrelevant. *Spills that tea*

But yeah, it looks like Iris really didn't capture Deino even though many people thought she would for some reason; I'll never understand why so many people were dead-set on it happening, but I guess there's no point in wondering about that now. I didn't want Iris to capture Deino anyway since she should be focusing on training her Axew, and I'm really glad that this episode is finally behind us so that we can move on with our lives.
    No he isn't.

They are the antagonists of the show and all the missions they do lead up to a fight with the twerps. They meant to appear to battle the twerps. And do you expect every single episode for them to run into the twerps? I thought people would be happy they don't battle the twerps that often as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Not really. Just because it's being used to train, doesn't mean it should be used in a gym battle.

If so, Ash using Scraggy used to battle Axew 2 times before the Elesa gym meant that he could have been used their, but he wasn't. Ash trains his Pokemon regardless.

Plus, remember the Elesa gym battle, he went in a different direction and decided to think about a strategy before hand. But after a while, he decided to not think about it too much, so him using Swadloon here probably isn't Ash using it, to get ready for the next gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yeah like I said Satoshi has been training Scraggy and as of today Swadloon too apparently so they migth be used in the next gym, kinda like he said he was going to train his Don Battle team to be used in the gym and he used them(even though he wasn't going to use Snivy apparently).
    He trains Scraggy with Axew regardless, so it probably doesn't mean that much.

Ash didn't actually say that, he just said that the tournament would be great practice for the gym battle. Plus, he used Pikachu and didn't plan on using him in the gym match itself.

- Stunfisk getting stepped on again, actually a good gag if you ask me..
    - Past series reference -> Jump reappearing: Compare Unova Jump to Hoenn Jump. Colorswapped from orange to red, and edited his blackface mouth off.
    - Chargestone Cave appearing
    When did Stunfisk get stomped on before?

Yeah, as soon as I saw that guy, I thought. What is that dude from the Hoenn League doing here.

I thought Chargestone pretty awesome, even if we only saw a small bit of it. I liked how we saw a Tynamo flying through the cave as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Iris will possibly get a Deino in the near future. If I remember, Lyra's friend caught a Gible, and then several episodes later, Ash caught a Gible.
    That's different. Iris bonded with one in this episode and she tried her freaking hardest to befriend it and was willing to get it. Her getting another one would make this episode pointless when it came to plot. So, no. She had her chance.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

It's funny how I said just a day ago that Swadloon needs screentime...low and behold, it get's screentime and a few practice battles...Yes

As for Iris...guy's who wanted her to get it, sorry, but the writing all over the wall was pointing to her not getting it...Like the fact that Deino had a trainer. But all is not lost, this could indicate she might catch one in the future...that or Ash seeing as how he too seemed to want to get one in the beginning
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    What are you talking about? I'm saying that if we got an episode later on where Iris gets a Deino, this episode would be pointless because she have captured it here.
    That's not what i meant, alot of people generally agreed with your line of thinking, that after bonding with Deino as much as she did...if she didn't get it here it'd be stupid to get one later, but after seeing the episode and how things went down differently they all changed thier tune, and as i said someone at Bulbagarden's already brought up the Gible incident from Sinnoh as an excuse as well for her to get one later.

Also, your not who i was referring too in my opening statement.

Episode was ok to me, and i like that, Stunfisk is always fun to watch as well.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 24th November 2011 at 5:00 PM.

So........ Was it a good episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-123 View Post
    So........ Was it a good episode?
    let me put it like this. If you didn't care that Iris didn't get Deino, then you would probably enjoy it, if you came expecting a capture then you'll hate and despise it.

Hoped that Ash would have gotten a Deino. Oh well, maybe in a future episode both Iris and him can get a better chance for a capture.
    "People's beliefs about their abilities have a profound effect on those abilities. Ability is not a fixed property; there is a huge variability in how you perform. People who have a sense of self-efficacy bounce back from failure; they approach things in terms of how to handle them rather than worrying about what can go wrong." ~ Albert Bandura

“Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

"He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away." ~ Raymond Hull

Worst. Episode. Ever.

Wicked Witch got nothing on me

When did Stunfisk get stomped on before?

Yeah, as soon as I saw that guy, I thought. What is that dude from the Hoenn League doing here.

I thought Chargestone pretty awesome, even if we only saw a small bit of it. I liked how we saw a Tynamo flying through the cave as well.
    In the Archeops episode? Checked, and it was only pecked on by Archen..

Makes you wonder if anybody's going to respond in the previous saga reference thread...

I didn't even notice the Tynamo as my viewer was lagging.. And the pictures aren't too clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    let me put it like this. If you didn't care that Iris didn't get Deino, then you would probably enjoy it, if you came expecting a capture then you'll hate and despise it.
    I expected a capture, and I liked it nonetheless... A bunch of nice stuff happened as I've commented before:
    - Iris' goal was fleshed out a bit more.
    - A guy from Hoenn reappeared.
    - Scraggy, Swadloon, and Stunfisk all thad training time.
    - Chargestone Cave made a cameo.

Sure, she didn't capture Deino, but it had it's redeeming factors that made it not an utter farce..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Hurray, Team Rocket is back! I was expecting them to not return until the Kami episodes, but I'm glad they're building up to it this time. But unlike the subway plot, I hope this one is relevant to the long term story. But I doubt it.

Did anyone notice a trainer from the Hoenn league was in this episode? The guy who battled Morrisson with his Electabuzz?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    You guys tend to confuse stuff, there are people that wanted her to capture, I didn't see many people like "OMG she will capture it 100%".
    I did see some people who claimed that Iris was definitely going to get Deino. I can get you the receipts if you want.

I thought they were triplets.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    That's a totally different scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    This sure was a disappointing episode.
    I agree. Although I won't go as far as to say that it was a complete waste; some people seem to think it was, but at least Iris got character development.

No he isn't.
    I'm afraid he is. Again, we're both just spilling the truth tea.

I thought people would be happy they don't battle the twerps that often as of late.
    I'd rather see them battle Ash and friends to be quite honest. I'm tired of them only appearing for a few seconds at a time these days; at least they were interesting when they fought against Ash, even if they did always lose.

Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Worst. Episode. Ever.
    Aww come on, it wasn't that bad...we got to see Swadloon again and Stunfisk and some more Scraggy battling/playing along with Dwebble....I don't know, I foresaw Iris not getting Deino from just the previews alone, but that didn't make it a bad episode, almost every character had a bonding moment but never got the Pokemon
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Haven't seen this episode yet but i know Iris didn't get the Deino, such a shame
    Oh well

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast