Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Lonely Deino (717)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh look another episode of crap. Damn it the writers are so damn predictable. Troll the fans until there is a gym battle or a TR plot episode. Is it really so hard to put something of importance in an episode like this?? They could of easily had Swadloon or Stunfisk practicing a new move or hey I know GIVEN IRIS THE DAMN DEINO!!! Seriously they set up episode like this with previews way before the episode and then troll us. And the stupidest part is that Iris is most likely getting a Deino in a later episode.
    If they wanted to give Iris Deino, they would have done it earlier and would have dropped Emonga. But it's obvious that she won't be the gym leader with only one dragon Pokemon. So the writers pretty much had this planned from the beginning.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh look another episode of crap. Damn it the writers are so damn predictable. Troll the fans until there is a gym battle or a TR plot episode. Is it really so hard to put something of importance in an episode like this?? They could of easily had Swadloon or Stunfisk practicing a new move or hey I know GIVEN IRIS THE DAMN DEINO!!! Seriously they set up episode like this with previews way before the episode and then troll us. And the stupidest part is that Iris is most likely getting a Deino in a later episode.
    The episode was not crappy, it was you that set your hopes too high. It was always a 50/50 situation. -_- The writers didn't troll anybody.

And it's nice Swadloon AT LEAST appeared.

This episode was enjoyable and got some development for Iris besides these kind of bonding eps happened in the past Brock+Stantler & Misty+Marill in Johto, May+Swablu & Max+Ralts in Hoenn.

Oi, oi. Don't say that we didn't get trolled, because yesterday was obviously Trollsgiving.

I greatly enjoy being trolled.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

You guys need to learn that what you want not happening is diferent from trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    The episode was not crappy, it was you that set your hopes too high. It was always a 50/50 situation. -_- The writers didn't troll anybody.

This episode was enjoyable and got some development for Iris besides these kind of bonding eps happened in the past Brock+Stantler & Misty+Marill in Johto, May+Swablu & Max+Ralts in Hoenn.
    You can't tell someone that they can't think an episode was a giant load of BS and a complete waste of life. It's opinion.

Wicked Witch got nothing on me

Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    You can't tell someone that they can't think an episode was a giant load of BS and a complete waste of life. It's opinion.
    I can tell when somebody is biased. Some people hated this episode because Iris didn't get Deino (when it was NEVER clear she was getting the thing) and the writers supposedly trolled them (lol) and that's it, altough it's ok if you don't like something, like you said everyone have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    You guys need to learn that what you want not happening is diferent from trolling.
    This.

Well... there is some chance that Deino will get the same treatment as Palpitoad and Gible. They both appeared earlier and were not captured but ended up being in the main character's team anyway. I wouldn't cross out the possibility of Iris getting Deino yet.

Iris is not going to get any other Deino later.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Now now, never say never. People said the same with Ash and Gible after Khoury got one

What makes you so certain?

Well I want her to catch a Deino and near the end when ash gets his 8th badge I want her to catch a Druddigon.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven'

The difference between the Gible Ash initially wanted and the Deino Iris bonded with is the word I just used: BONDED... Ash never bonded with the first Gible he saw, he bonded with the second one. When a character bonds with the first pokemon the want and don't capture it...the means the likely hood of them getting the same species is slim. Not gonna say that Iris can't get another Deino or it's evolutions, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. This same situation happened with Ash and Riolu, they bonded, but Ash never went out and caught another Riolu, same with May and Swablu
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

-Today, Ash is sparring against...Dento?! And Dento is using Stunfisk, because does he even need a reason to do that? Ash, meanwhile, remembered that Swadloon existed for once.
    -Swadloon's first attack blows up the spectator's seat?! Oh wait, it was just a Deino popping out. And I agree with Iris' OMGSOCUTE for once.
    -The Deino headbutts the hell out of everything, and it turns out that two other Deino ransacked their food! Ash and Dento are...less than pleased about this. But the little buggers are too fast to catch!
    -Aww, poor Stunfisk got stepped on and now it's crying.
    -Iris decides to catch the Deino, causing the "IRIS NEEDS MORE DRAGON TYPES" faction to stare at their monitors with glee. Then Ash decides he wants to catch them, causing the "ASH NEEDS TO CATCH EVERYTHING" faction to stare at their monitors with glee.
    -Luckily for both of them, the Deino stand still long enough to get hit with Dragon Rage and Electro Ball...but the Pokeballs just bounce off them, and a guy comes racing up to them and yelling at them(in a rather nerdy voice) not to catch the Deino. Oops.
    -Dento seems to recognize the dork. The dork responds in Dento's native language by bursting into an overdramatic introduction with sparkles. They've said the guy's name twice now and I couldn't make it out either time.
    -Back at the daycare, Mr. Mumblyname complains about raising dragon types or something, which Iris takes as an invitation for her to help. (Ash and Dento butt in too, but we all know this is gonna be Iris' episode.) Mr. Mumbles is more than happy to accept free labor.
    -Pikachu and Axew both suddenly sense something in one of the bushes...is it Team Rocket? A flasher? Bianca waiting to knock Ash into a body of water? Nope! It's another Deino! But this one's shy!
    -Iris gets fired up about opening the Deino's heart. And Ash and Dento get stuck on...meal delivery duty. They seemed to think they would just be helping with the Deino, but Daycare Dude has other plans for their unpaid scab labor. There are 6 cans of food, and conveniently enough, The Daycare Man With A Name I Haven't Quite Caught Yet only has six species of Pokemon in his daycare.
    -Ahahahahaha the Mincinno are cleaning their own food bowls before they even eat anything out of them.
    -After all the Pokemon get their food, Ash is tired and Dento is practically dead. But Nerdy Nanny is just fine - he's developed strong arm muscles from lugging all that food around every day!
    -Iris almost gets the shy Deino to eat its food before Ash walks up and very loudly goes "IRIIIIIIIS", scaring the Deino away again. Way to go, Ash!
    -Elsewhere, HELICOPTER.
    -TR's hatching another plan, which is in no way forshadowing an upcoming arc at all nope nope.
    -Late that night, Pikachu wakes up and notices that Iris is gone. Everyone decides to investigate, because we all know that nobody leaves their bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water or something like that.
    -It turns out that Iris is blathering at the shy Deino. Come on Iris, the poor thing needs its sleep!
    -Iris' tale involve a grumpy Druddigon in a cave, and the Dragon Village's matriach making it nice by UNDERSTANDING ITS HEART or some ****. Deino responds by standing up. No, really, that's it.
    -Ash and Dento are doing the bitchwork again the next morning(and Dento seems to be having some back issues!), while Iris just gets to mess around with the shy Deino again.
    -Ash, don't tease the Ducklett by holding all the food out of their reach. That's mean. ...wait, couldn't they just fly up to it?
    -Scraggy seems to have found likeminded companions in the non-shy Deino! And so has Dwebble...sort of...
    -The shy Deino is so determined to be shy that it won't eat any food at all until night time, after Iris and Axew have fallen asleep. That's dedication.
    -Iris eats a bit of the Pokemon food to prove that she/the food's not scary. That's...something.
    -The Deino likes the food, and rears back in happiness. Is this thing a dragon or a horse?
    -The Deino's trainers are back! They're pleased with the daycare service, which makes Daycare Man overdramatically happy, which makes Dento respond with more overdramatic happiness, which...wait, where's the trainer of the shy Deino?
    -The shy Deino's trainer isn't here, but it's nudging up against Iris' arm like a cat. :3
    -They wait until dusk for the last trainer to show, but a storm rolls in. Upcoming sad scene detected.
    -The next morning, Iris says she'll wait with the Deino until it's trainer returns...and Ash and Dento decide to stay too, because we can't have them splitting up for any length of time.
    -Dento starts blathering about FLAVOR and HARMONY again, and it's rather telling that Iris is too preoccupied with Deino to snark at him for once.
    -An indeterminate amount of time later, the sun's setting and the twerps are wondering where Deino's trainer is. The trainer didn't forget about Deino...did they? (The twerps, being sensitive, actually wonder about the trainer's forgetfulness within earshot of Deino)
    -HEY!
    -Oh god, Deino's trainer is what Japan must think is hip-hop incarnate. They even got a bit of funky hip-hop music for their intro and the trainer's snapping and making gangsta hand motions and ahahahahahahahaha.
    -Iris chews out MC Anime for abandoning Deino, and DJ Deino Trainer...is actually Jammaster Foongus Trainer! Iris is just a little embarassed by the mistake.
    -Later, Iris asks Deino if it wants to travel with them(which may or may not be a dick move depending on exactly how long they've been waiting...there's really no way to tell if it's been days or weeks. But even then, Pokemon journeys involve a lot of unexpected detours, so it'd be hard to blame the trainer for being a few days late...)
    -And oh hey, there's the trainer now. He has a walking cane for some reason.
    -Apparently the trainer got lost in Chargestone cave or something. What'd I tell ya about unexpected stuff happening on the road?
    -Deino turns to say goodbye as it's recalled to its ball, which makes Iris kind of sad...but she perks up quickly enough because she helped Deino open up and Deino's trainer came back and all. Daycare Slave Driver interrupts the happy moment by pointing out that the Pokemon need their meal...looks like the twerps didn't think this "free slave labor" thing through very well. Especially Dento, since he's apparently murdering his back with that stuff!
    -And last(but not least), Team Rocket. They're doing things. On an island. But more importantly, Heartbreaker Charles is in the next episode hell yes.

Overall, a pretty cute episode. I didn't figure that Iris would end up getting a Deino(not anticipating any captures but the most blatently obvious generally turns out well!), but that fake-out at the end was great - the trainer literally shows up the instant after Iris asks Deino if it wants to come with her.

Also, Swadloon is alive! Praise be to the writer who went "hey, we haven't used Swadloon in a while"!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Today, Ash is sparring against...Dento?! And Dento is using Stunfisk, because does he even need a reason to do that? Ash, meanwhile, remembered that Swadloon existed for once.
    -Swadloon's first attack blows up the spectator's seat?! Oh wait, it was just a Deino popping out. And I agree with Iris' OMGSOCUTE for once.
    -The Deino headbutts the hell out of everything, and it turns out that two other Deino ransacked their food! Ash and Dento are...less than pleased about this. But the little buggers are too fast to catch!
    -Aww, poor Stunfisk got stepped on and now it's crying.
    -Iris decides to catch the Deino, causing the "IRIS NEEDS MORE DRAGON TYPES" faction to stare at their monitors with glee. Then Ash decides he wants to catch them, causing the "ASH NEEDS TO CATCH EVERYTHING" faction to stare at their monitors with glee.
    -Luckily for both of them, the Deino stand still long enough to get hit with Dragon Rage and Electro Ball...but the Pokeballs just bounce off them, and a guy comes racing up to them and yelling at them(in a rather nerdy voice) not to catch the Deino. Oops.
    -Dento seems to recognize the dork. The dork responds in Dento's native language by bursting into an overdramatic introduction with sparkles. They've said the guy's name twice now and I couldn't make it out either time.
    -Back at the daycare, Mr. Mumblyname complains about raising dragon types or something, which Iris takes as an invitation for her to help. (Ash and Dento butt in too, but we all know this is gonna be Iris' episode.) Mr. Mumbles is more than happy to accept free labor.
    -Pikachu and Axew both suddenly sense something in one of the bushes...is it Team Rocket? A flasher? Bianca waiting to knock Ash into a body of water? Nope! It's another Deino! But this one's shy!
    -Iris gets fired up about opening the Deino's heart. And Ash and Dento get stuck on...meal delivery duty. They seemed to think they would just be helping with the Deino, but Daycare Dude has other plans for their unpaid scab labor. There are 6 cans of food, and conveniently enough, The Daycare Man With A Name I Haven't Quite Caught Yet only has six species of Pokemon in his daycare.
    -Ahahahahaha the Mincinno are cleaning their own food bowls before they even eat anything out of them.
    -After all the Pokemon get their food, Ash is tired and Dento is practically dead. But Nerdy Nanny is just fine - he's developed strong arm muscles from lugging all that food around every day!
    -Iris almost gets the shy Deino to eat its food before Ash walks up and very loudly goes "IRIIIIIIIS", scaring the Deino away again. Way to go, Ash!
    -Elsewhere, HELICOPTER.
    -TR's hatching another plan, which is in no way forshadowing an upcoming arc at all nope nope.
    -Late that night, Pikachu wakes up and notices that Iris is gone. Everyone decides to investigate, because we all know that nobody leaves their bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water or something like that.
    -It turns out that Iris is blathering at the shy Deino. Come on Iris, the poor thing needs its sleep!
    -Iris' tale involve a grumpy Druddigon in a cave, and the Dragon Village's matriach making it nice by UNDERSTANDING ITS HEART or some ****. Deino responds by standing up. No, really, that's it.
    -Ash and Dento are doing the bitchwork again the next morning(and Dento seems to be having some back issues!), while Iris just gets to mess around with the shy Deino again.
    -Ash, don't tease the Ducklett by holding all the food out of their reach. That's mean. ...wait, couldn't they just fly up to it?
    -Scraggy seems to have found likeminded companions in the non-shy Deino! And so has Dwebble...sort of...
    -The shy Deino is so determined to be shy that it won't eat any food at all until night time, after Iris and Axew have fallen asleep. That's dedication.
    -Iris eats a bit of the Pokemon food to prove that she/the food's not scary. That's...something.
    -The Deino likes the food, and rears back in happiness. Is this thing a dragon or a horse?
    -The Deino's trainers are back! They're pleased with the daycare service, which makes Daycare Man overdramatically happy, which makes Dento respond with more overdramatic happiness, which...wait, where's the trainer of the shy Deino?
    -The shy Deino's trainer isn't here, but it's nudging up against Iris' arm like a cat. :3
    -They wait until dusk for the last trainer to show, but a storm rolls in. Upcoming sad scene detected.
    -The next morning, Iris says she'll wait with the Deino until it's trainer returns...and Ash and Dento decide to stay too, because we can't have them splitting up for any length of time.
    -Dento starts blathering about FLAVOR and HARMONY again, and it's rather telling that Iris is too preoccupied with Deino to snark at him for once.
    -An indeterminate amount of time later, the sun's setting and the twerps are wondering where Deino's trainer is. The trainer didn't forget about Deino...did they? (The twerps, being sensitive, actually wonder about the trainer's forgetfulness within earshot of Deino)
    -HEY!
    -Oh god, Deino's trainer is what Japan must think is hip-hop incarnate. They even got a bit of funky hip-hop music for their intro and the trainer's snapping and making gangsta hand motions and ahahahahahahahaha.
    -Iris chews out MC Anime for abandoning Deino, and DJ Deino Trainer...is actually Jammaster Foongus Trainer! Iris is just a little embarassed by the mistake.
    -Later, Iris asks Deino if it wants to travel with them(which may or may not be a dick move depending on exactly how long they've been waiting...there's really no way to tell if it's been days or weeks. But even then, Pokemon journeys involve a lot of unexpected detours, so it'd be hard to blame the trainer for being a few days late...)
    -And oh hey, there's the trainer now. He has a walking cane for some reason.
    -Apparently the trainer got lost in Chargestone cave or something. What'd I tell ya about unexpected stuff happening on the road?
    -Deino turns to say goodbye as it's recalled to its ball, which makes Iris kind of sad...but she perks up quickly enough because she helped Deino open up and Deino's trainer came back and all. Daycare Slave Driver interrupts the happy moment by pointing out that the Pokemon need their meal...looks like the twerps didn't think this "free slave labor" thing through very well. Especially Dento, since he's apparently murdering his back with that stuff!
    -And last(but not least), Team Rocket. They're doing things. On an island. But more importantly, Heartbreaker Charles is in the next episode hell yes.

Overall, a pretty cute episode. I didn't figure that Iris would end up getting a Deino(not anticipating any captures but the most blatently obvious generally turns out well!), but that fake-out at the end was great - the trainer literally shows up the instant after Iris asks Deino if it wants to come with her.

Also, Swadloon is alive! Praise be to the writer who went "hey, we haven't used Swadloon in a while"!
    Geez, you may as well write a fan fic for each episode, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    I couldn't really tell if your being sarcastic or not, but you should know Juputoru does a summary of each episode nearly every week.

OT:

Im still stoked Swadloon was used. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Dudeette.

And people seem to like these things, so I keep making them. At least it's a nice break from "WHY DIDN'T IRIS CATCH DEINO???/SHE CAN CATCH ONE LATER!/THAT WOULD BE STUPID/NO IT WOULDN'T"?

Back on topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227
    The overlook of the three islands reminded me of Movie 2000, im looking forward to the Kami episodes even more now.
    Ha, glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that. The shines didn't help with that, either. I guess each genie gets its own shrine in the anime, even though Landorus was the only one who got a shrine in the game. (Unless Tornadus/Thundurus had one somewhere and I forgot)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Ha, glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that. The shines didn't help with that, either. I guess each genie gets its own shrine in the anime, even though Landorus was the only one who got a shrine in the game. (Unless Tornadus/Thundurus had one somewhere and I forgot)
    I thought that kind of sucked, Landorus is seen as the leader yet they all have a shrine to equal them out I suppose, oh well.

Nah Landorus is the only one to have one in the games ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If they wanted to give Iris Deino, they would have done it earlier and would have dropped Emonga. But it's obvious that she won't be the gym leader with only one dragon Pokemon. So the writers pretty much had this planned from the beginning.
    I could care less if she is the gym leader or not, she is gonna get more then one dragon pokemon, and I will bet you she will get Deino or Zweilous.

Um yes it was, pls tell me what makes this episode good?? Oh Swadloon appeared?? Joy it was the best episode of pokemon ever!!! What Stunfisk and Pikachu get stepped on?? OMG how amazing!!! Iris gets totally trolled?? Yep so awesome!! Ya this episode was crap just for the simple fact that she didn't get Deino cuz that was the point of the whole episode!!! There is a reason people didn't like the previous bonding episodes(except for the Max one).

I can tell when somebody is biased. Some people hated this episode because Iris didn't get Deino (when it was NEVER clear she was getting the thing) and the writers supposedly trolled them (lol) and that's it, altough it's ok if you don't like something, like you said everyone have different opinions.

Um I am not biased buddy, when the best part of an Iris episode involves Ash and Dento's pokemon, it sucks.

This.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I don't really think that's why they dislike this episode.

Like I think I said it was better than some (of the episode I was able to see), so it isn't really the episode itself, but just how the plot of the episode worked out.

This is what I'm able to ascertain about this episode. I might be wrong, but I think from what I was able to see this the episode in a nutshell.

-Episode begins with training, and just because we're never going to randomly get a full one on one, they have to interrupt the battle with Deino (okay more opinion based, but its what happened).

- Both Iris and Ash see Deino that they want to catch. Since there are two, might as well catch them.

- Unfortunately for them they already belong to trainers, so cue Bobby or whatever and the whole daycare.

- Iris wanting to be a dragon master, knows more about dragons than Bobby.

- Bobby decides that maybe Iris can help him out. And then at some point Iris runs into the shy Deino (thanks to Pikachu and it's super ESP that for whatever reason never works around Team Rocket's schemes, and is only used to find Pokemon).

- Cue Ash, Cilan (and Iris I believe) helping Bobby out, just to get the lay of the Daycare that Bobby runs.

- Iris is still trying to get the shy Deino to come out of its shell.

- Then at night, Iris recalls the tale of the Matriarch/Elder of her village, being able to calm down Druddigon, possibly touching Deino in some way.

- Later on, the other Deino trainers come to get their Deino (for whatever idiotic reason for their being 3 separate trainers even though it made no sense). All except the shy one's trainer.

- Ash and Cilan apparently are ready to go to Driftveil or at least leave Bobby's daycare, but Iris wants to stay with Deino until its trainer comes and gets it.

- Then sooner rather than later Deino gets to trusting Iris, and they play for a few days.

- Then one day, Iris asks Deino if it wants to come with her, THEN Deino's trainer magically appears out of nowhere, limping with a cane no less, and then later recounts the tale of Chargestone Cave and a Tynamo. I'm not sure what happened after that, since the last thing I remember is the guy with a shocked face inside the cave, and then it was time for Deino to be recalled into its Poke ball.

So that's it from what I can remember. I may have mixed up some events, but it seems to have the same outcome regardless. And I will probably amend this post when I can watch it in better quality than the quality I saw it yesterday.

So the problem with episode? A lot of it has to do with her not getting Deino, and not because she needed one but rather it seemed like she was cheated out of getting it. And it goes back to An00bis's post about how this could've been resolved a lot sooner.

1. Iris would not have done this with any other typed Pokemon other than dragon. Had this been any of the other 16 Pokemon types (especially Ice), she probably would've been okay leaving even if she had bonded with said Pokemon during the time they were together.

2. As I believe, and as An00bis first pointed out (in this thread), this could've all been resolved SOONER. Instead of wasting a few days, just waiting for the trainer, that was always going to be there eventually to get Deino. So not only does Ash have to delay getting his next badge because he is a good friend and wants to support Iris, Iris also doesn't really get anything out of this.

3. To write it like this with no reward than a good feeling inside comes off as hateful to Iris's character.

See I think the biggest problem was having Iris bond with the Deino in a way that she wanted to be its trainer, and take care of it, since its trainer (regardless of his/her wellbeing; I know its a guy but assume for a moment I'm referring prior to HIS revelation to Iris).

This episode would've worked a lot better in terms of fairness if it was similar to Amy and her Druddigon.

Have Bobby say that the trainer called, saying that there was an accident, and he's going to try and get to Deino as soon as he can make it, under his injured condition or have the trainer always be there, and just have it be that even Bobby can't help the trainer with his Deino, cue Iris bonding with it like some characters bonding with Ash's Pikachu. Cue everything but the whole "Will you be my Pokemon?" "Let's stay until the trainer comes to get Deino? BS.

And if Iris actually told Cilan and Ash something along the lines "I want to wait until I can get through to Deino" than that would justify them staying for all those days.

See the problem I have about this episode is it focuses more on the bond between Iris and Deino, that the episode completely forgets that isn't supposed to be about their bond, but Iris's development as a Dragon Master.

See my examples would've been what the episode should've been about, because then it would've been about Iris's development as a Dragon Master and being able to open said dragon Pokemon up to her and other trainers.

I'm not saying that isn't what happened here, but I have to say it was cruel way of doing, since her development as a dragon master, was blurred by the whole bonding with Deino, and feeling sorry for it, to the point where Iris wants Deino to come with her.

That I think is why this episode is disliked. Because it does feel Iris was cheated out of Deino. But I guess there could be a kernel of humility/reality in the episode too, about how you can't always get what you expect/want. But they kind of did it in a cruel fashion that it comes off as unnecessary.

Edit: So aside from that biggest flaw, it was a fairly decent episode. Especially since Swadloon was in it. LOL.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Even if you take Ash and his Gible into consideration, all it did was master an attack it wouldn't have gotten a lot of mileage out of anyway, so I can agree with this.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Whenever the writers have a character look sad in a preview with a possible capture, most likely they will not get it. I called this being similar to the May/Swablu or Max/Ralts episodes, even though this one was nowhere near as sad. They didn't even make much of a big deal of Iris letting Deino go back to its trainer.
    Honestly, I felt the emotion in Iris's eyes when the Deino looked at her the way it did. I honestly thought it was very emotional.

This episode was ok... It was great to see Monozu for the 1st time. The 3 Monozu are so cute! Kurumayu got a tiny bit of training only, but better than not seeing it at all. Ash's/Pikachu's/Iris' reactions and faces to the Monozu eating their food were hilarious. It was sad seeing Muggyo crying a little after being stepped on. The daycare man is one odd dude... He got to do a small speech similar to what Dento typically does and with the same background. It was cool seeing Iris slowly earning the shy Monozu's trust, and really getting to bond with it. There were a lot of emotions in this episode, especially when the trainer came to get the shy Deino. It was funny when Iris was angry at the supposed Deino trainer, but ended up not being his trainer and she got embarrassed.

11/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Wow...that Dude in the blue shirt looks a lot like Cilan...

such a cute episode
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I think it sucks that after all the trouble Iris went to finally bond with Deino she doesn't get it in the end. Deino's trainer should have given it to her. She better gets it next time!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast