Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Lonely Deino (717)

Quote Originally Posted by Kariris View Post
    She better gets it next time!
    Who say's there will be a next time... ?

I don't think Iris has a good chance of catching another Deino in the future...sorry Deino fans, but it sounds like a lost cause
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I think it sucks that after all the trouble Iris went to finally bond with Deino she doesn't get it in the end. Deino's trainer should have given it to her. She better gets it next time!
    Why should a trainer give Iris their Deino?

I think it sucks that after all the trouble Iris went to finally bond with Deino she doesn't get it in the end. Deino's trainer should have given it to her. She better gets it next time!
    Why would he do that? No one told Iris to stay and try to bond with someone else's Pokemon. The trainer had some problems along the way. He didn't leave the Deino there for that long on purpose. Let's stop being so upset to think that all daycare Pokemon are left to rot without reason.

My ideal battle ever!

really nice episode, im sad that Iris dint got Dieno..it would be a perfect member in her team.
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    really nice episode, im sad that Iris dint got Dieno..it would be a perfect member in her team.
    Nah, I'd prefer it if she didn't get another messed up pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperToilet View Post
    Nah, I'd prefer it if she didn't get another messed up pokemon.
    There's nothing wrong with Deino. It was just lonely since it was away from it's trainer, it ended up warming up to Iris by the end of the episode. So it's not "messed" up.

Anyways, I just finished watching this episode. Bobby was awesome, I loved the way he spoke(Speaking in third person sometimes, and finishing his sentences with "see"), I wouldn't mind seeing him again in another episode, I doubt it will happen though. The Foongus trainer was pretty funny, the whole scene was actually, I loved how the music started when he appeared.

It was a bit of an emotional episode, but still had comedic parts, and I liked that. I enjoyed the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya this episode was crap just for the simple fact that she didn't get Deino cuz that was the point of the whole episode!!! There is a reason people didn't like the previous bonding episodes(except for the Max one).
    But Iris didn't catch Deino, so that clearly wasn't the point. It's just what people have been speculating was the point for months. Please don't put words into the writers' mouths.

Anyway, I just saw the episode. It felt mellower than usual since there wasn't a full battle, but I still liked it. It's great how they're actually expanding more on Iris' feelings at what it takes to becoming a Dragon Master (oh hey maybe that was the point) past the line of just murdering everyone with outrage in battle. My favorite part had to be the little scene with Ash and Dento deciding to stay with Iris, kind of like a little bit of friendship thrown in there too.

In terms of comedy, Stunfisk and Dent made the episode for me.

Spoiler:- .:
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Shouldn't Stunfisk have blasted those Deino with Thundershock? O_o I wasn't expecting it to sit there and whine.

I don't think it was nice of Iris to declare that she will take the Deino if the trainer doesn't come when he was expected to. If that guy had made it to the Daycare one day later, Deino would have been gone. She had no right to take Deino, so I'm glad the trainer made it back to the Daycare safely. I also don't get why she wanted it to bond with her. It would have been better if she was trying to help Deino become more comfortable at the Daycare with Bobby and the other pokemon. That scene with the Foongus trainer was funny.

Ash was teasing the Ducklett by holding all the food out of their reach. What a kid. -_-

It was nice seeing iris bond with Deino. It would be a great Pokemon for her to have. I just wished it didnt belonged to someone else. I wished it was wild like Swablu was or atleast something closer to that effect.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Hmm.. I've been pronouncing Deino's name like "Dee-No" this entire time and its turns out that it's pronounced "Dye-no" meh whatever not the first time something like that has happened.

Well this episode was a waist of time. I guess ishould have listened about that fause capture speculation. Well, the episode was nice but I feel that there is something more I wanted to see.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    Hmm.. I've been pronouncing Deino's name like "Dee-No" this entire time and its turns out that it's pronounced "Dye-no" meh whatever not the first time something like that has happened.
    Well, it does come from eins (German for "one"); the "ei" is pronounced like "eye".

I love Iris. Don't cry babe, I know you wanted that Deino and I wanted you to get it too, but hopefully great things come your way in the future.

Very emotional episode, I got teary eyed at the end because I wanted Iris to catch it so bad

Dammit! Deino on Iris's team is much better than Emonga, that's for sure. I don't get the reason why it had to be a daycare Pokemon and not a wild one. She could try to capture it but it would have been no guarantee.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

It's a good episode. Iris helps a Deino with its loneliness at Daycare center. Meanwhile Team Rocket are about to do another evil plot.

That face Ash made. 0_0

It's been a long time since someone tried to catch another trainer's pokemon. Should have seen it coming since Ash would never think to just catch a pokemon that good, then succeed.

Wasn't the daycare much earlier in the game?

Isn't this guy a little old to be referring to himself in the third person?

Yay. Team Rocket is back! And searching for legendary pokemon to boot!

Hey. Pokemon don't gain EVs in the Daycare.

Lol. Fake out with the wrong trainer.

Ooh. Getting lost in Chargestone cave is not fun.

Maybe this Team Rocket scheme will actually go somewhere.

Great episode today really loved it
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I don't particularly like Iris, but one thing I will say is that her episodes are some of the best ones of BW, but this one wasn't too great in my opinion. It was a boring episode imo, and very lackluster. I guess with the last 2 she and her pokemon got some development out of it, but they didn't in this one, it was pretty fillerish, and quite boring.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I kinda liked this episode. Deino was a cool pokemon, even the lonely one. The ending of the episode got my psyched for the next couple episodes.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    I don't particularly like Iris, but one thing I will say is that her episodes are some of the best ones of BW, but this one wasn't too great in my opinion. It was a boring episode imo, and very lackluster. I guess with the last 2 she and her pokemon got some development out of it, but they didn't in this one, it was pretty fillerish, and quite boring.
    Really?? this episode was quite amazing, and it really showed everyone that there is more to iris, then being immature.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I don't think Iris has a good chance of catching another Deino in the future...sorry Deino fans, but it sounds like a lost cause
    Fine with me..bring on the zweilous...or maybe even a hydreigon...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

An episode that focused on Iris and what a lovely episode it was. It just goes to show how much Iris has learned from listening to other people, it really is a great string to her bow, so to speak. How she waited for the Deino to come out from behind the bush was heartwarming and when she finally succeeded she was so happy. It was just a shame Deino's trainer was late but I suppose he had a good reason.

Just a side note. How Ash reacted to the Deino eating the gang's food reminded me alot of May and her fiery love for food.

Nice Episode, however the plot thickens with Team Rocket again, what are they up to with the Kami Trio.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

loved this episode aswell is it me or doesnt deino voice actor sound like the one who played loudred in advanced generation haha XD

Take this from somebody who isn't a huge fan of Dawn or Iris.

This episode tried to develop on Iris's emotional side, but ended up just becoming a very useless episode besides showing to the audience that she does indeed care about dragons and has the potential to obtain more than just Axew.

I imagine if i was younger this episode may have possibly been quite upsetting, but even so it was terribly done.
    We practically watch Iris try to bond with a Deino failing up until the end. As soon as she gets it to come out of a bush which it's been doing for the past 3 days, it is picked up by it's trainer. No real emotional goodbye, no "i'll see you around", no nothing.

Not only this but the writers even acknowledged a chance for her to get to say goodbye as Ash and Cilan mentioned that she never said bye, but instead she simply said it was happy, and thus the episode ended.

It definetly tried to be an emotional episode but didn't really do the job right in my opinion, one thing this episode was good for was developing her role as wanting to become a dragon master.

I won't judge who had more emotional episodes out of Dawn and Iris until the end of BW.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast