Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

Default Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

just discuss what pokemon acould be awsome but isnt because of typing
    my two favorite pokemon suffer because of their typing,aggron and gyarados,beside both have huge stats
    Pokemon white friend code:0003 4727 2039
    looking for almost all good pokemons unable to find in white and japanese ditto

help my dragon!

Rayquaza and Gyarados are just too risky with their 4x weaknesses. Them and many others, too :/

Actually most pokemon with x4 weaknessess can be played around. Heatran, gliscor, and scizor all have x4 weaknesses and are in the top 10 most used pokemon.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Actually most pokemon with x4 weaknessess can be played around. Heatran, gliscor, and scizor all have x4 weaknesses and are in the top 10 most used pokemon.
    Don't forget volcanra, who has a 2x stealth rock and 4x rock weakness.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKyogre443 View Post
    Rayquaza and Gyarados are just too risky with their 4x weaknesses. Them and many others, too :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Blue Dragon View Post
    Don't forget volcanra, who has a 2x stealth rock and 4x rock weakness.
    I can't tell whether or not these posts is serious.

Probably all Bug/Flying and Bug/Grass types would fit this. They tend to have craptastic stats, yes, but quad Stealth Rock weakness, lack of usable STAB moves, and craptons of weaknesses aren't helping.

guys,4X weakness dont make a pokemon bad,what i meant is that there are some pokemon that have evrything to be awsome but it type makes impossible to use,like aggron that cant be good as defensive with X4 to two common types and rhyperior that has huge defense and a awsome ability but it typing and low sp def makes it easy to kill with any water sp atk move
    Pokemon white friend code:0003 4727 2039
    looking for almost all good pokemons unable to find in white and japanese ditto

help my dragon!

-standard Gyarados Explanation-
    The typing of Gyarados balances him, it makes Gyarados a gamble, but it can turn out very lucky. If Gyarados was Water/Dragon, what most people want, it will become overpowered, since the Water/Dragon has only one weakness, Dragon. Add Gyrados' stats and Moxie or Intimidate to that and Gyarados is uber. And look on the bright side, Gyarados does get a Ground immunity, that means: not hit by Earthquake.

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Audino could a a great addition in a in-game team however there are so many fighting types in Black and White that it isn't even funny.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Many Fire Types because of their weakness to rock. Especially Charizard, he gets hurt a lot.

I think a Pokémon like Lapras could have been amazing if it didn't have it's Ice typing. Also the types that have 4x weakness to Rock, simply because I hate losing 50% health from SR.

xxx

I loved using Charizard in the old games, but I find him extremely vulnerable nowadays since he's weak to a lot of popular types and doesn't harbor enough speed/defense to block much of them out. :/
    WHITE FC: 0819-3064-7197

Spoiler:- FREE Pokemon to a Good Home:

When I battle online, I often find myself going against sending out my Rain Dance Dragonite (RD, Thunder, Hurricane, Dragon Tail), just because most people have Ice-types just for half of the pseudos.
    MMing shinies off and on, Korean Ditto always helps :P

Right now, I'm working on:
    - 123 eggs (gotta fill up 8 boxes)

Spoiler:- You know you want to click it ;):

I hath claimed Ninjask, the fastest one around!

Charizard got on the bad end of the stick. Would've been a lot better off as Fire/Dragon, not Fire/Flying.

Well even with a 4x weakness you can play with it... if your pokemon is weak to stealth rock and you know it just run a rapid spinner! You can always play around your pokemon's weaknesses just be aware of your opponent cz he/she will always target them!

Aggron. Just when you thought it would wall your physical-oriented foe into submission, they use a common Ground or Fighting type move. Then your walking pile of armor goes bye-bye. At least Aggron gets amazing resistances from his typing, though.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

YAY! BISHARP IS SO- wait, 4x weakness to fighting, Mach Punch kill it in a hit. Dangit.

Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Bastiodon, awesome as hell you say? cool, some of the biggest defences in the game you say? wow, 4x weaknesses to ground and fighting you say? oh dear...

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Articuno, along with most other ice types.

I don't think I need to say much on that one.

I wouldn't count Gyarados, it only has two weaknesses, and resist fighting.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Kyurem immediately came to mind when I saw this thread.

Charizard could be better if it were not for its typing. I mean, Base 109 SpA? Good Base 100 speed? Incredibly powerful STAB when boosted by Solar Power AND Sun? Why is this thing not used more? Oh yeah, Fire/Flying typing. Really hard to sweep when you're losing health due to Solar Power and possible Life Orb AND you lose half of your health just by switching into Stealth Rock.

Let's add Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn to the list of pokemon with terrible typings and are hence never used[/sarcasm]

Yanmega would probably make the list too. Two great abilities, good stats, good enough movepool, but Bug/Flying typing, which doesn't help cover the other's weaknesses plus 4x SR weak.

I have claimed Giratina

Every Monster with 4x weakness that is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    Every Monster with 4x weakness that is useful.
    Not neccessary. Pokemon like Scizor and Gastrodon have a 4x weakness, but it is their only one, so it can easily be covered
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Scolipede. It has a decent movepool and great speed, but Bug/Poison gives it so many weaknesses. For starters, Bug types are strong against Psychic, but the poison type gets rid of an advantage.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Not neccessary. Pokemon like Scizor and Gastrodon have a 4x weakness, but it is their only one, so it can easily be covered
    Not to mention that some 4x weaknesses can be neutered thanks to weather.

I would honestly like Haxorus more if he had a 2nd type like Ground or Rock so he can get some more mileage from his movesets.

If you have gyarados hold rhat cell battery thing he can have a 1 time freebie from electric type attacks and increase his attack, plus I don't think a lot of people expect it

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast