Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 120

Thread: Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro,Brasil
    Posts
    13

    Default Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

    just discuss what pokemon acould be awsome but isnt because of typing
    my two favorite pokemon suffer because of their typing,aggron and gyarados,beside both have huge stats
    Pokemon white friend code:0003 4727 2039
    looking for almost all good pokemons unable to find in white and japanese ditto

    help my dragon!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Rayquaza and Gyarados are just too risky with their 4x weaknesses. Them and many others, too :/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKyogre443 View Post
    Rayquaza and Gyarados are just too risky with their 4x weaknesses. Them and many others, too :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Blue Dragon View Post
    Don't forget volcanra, who has a 2x stealth rock and 4x rock weakness.
    I can't tell whether or not these posts is serious.

    Probably all Bug/Flying and Bug/Grass types would fit this. They tend to have craptastic stats, yes, but quad Stealth Rock weakness, lack of usable STAB moves, and craptons of weaknesses aren't helping.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Actually most pokemon with x4 weaknessess can be played around. Heatran, gliscor, and scizor all have x4 weaknesses and are in the top 10 most used pokemon.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York, Long Island
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Actually most pokemon with x4 weaknessess can be played around. Heatran, gliscor, and scizor all have x4 weaknesses and are in the top 10 most used pokemon.
    Don't forget volcanra, who has a 2x stealth rock and 4x rock weakness.

        Spoiler:- Clan:

    Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro,Brasil
    Posts
    13

    Default

    guys,4X weakness dont make a pokemon bad,what i meant is that there are some pokemon that have evrything to be awsome but it type makes impossible to use,like aggron that cant be good as defensive with X4 to two common types and rhyperior that has huge defense and a awsome ability but it typing and low sp def makes it easy to kill with any water sp atk move
    Pokemon white friend code:0003 4727 2039
    looking for almost all good pokemons unable to find in white and japanese ditto

    help my dragon!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    477

    Default

    -standard Gyarados Explanation-
    The typing of Gyarados balances him, it makes Gyarados a gamble, but it can turn out very lucky. If Gyarados was Water/Dragon, what most people want, it will become overpowered, since the Water/Dragon has only one weakness, Dragon. Add Gyrados' stats and Moxie or Intimidate to that and Gyarados is uber. And look on the bright side, Gyarados does get a Ground immunity, that means: not hit by Earthquake.


    Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,615

    Default

    Audino could a a great addition in a in-game team however there are so many fighting types in Black and White that it isn't even funny.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where the grass is greenest
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Audino could a a great addition in a in-game team however there are so many fighting types in Black and White that it isn't even funny.
    Lol, that's not why Audino is bad. The reason it is bad is because it is outclassed by blissey and chansey.




    New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Lol, that's not why Audino is bad. The reason it is bad is because it is outclassed by blissey and chansey.
    That and the power creep means it's stats just don't cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    double batte: gyarados+electivire

    skill swap
    gyarados=motor drive
    Or you could just team it up with a lighting rod pokemon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thanks for Everything!
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Many Fire Types because of their weakness to rock. Especially Charizard, he gets hurt a lot.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    I think a Pokémon like Lapras could have been amazing if it didn't have it's Ice typing. Also the types that have 4x weakness to Rock, simply because I hate losing 50% health from SR.

    xxx

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I loved using Charizard in the old games, but I find him extremely vulnerable nowadays since he's weak to a lot of popular types and doesn't harbor enough speed/defense to block much of them out. :/
    WHITE FC: 0819-3064-7197

        Spoiler:- FREE Pokemon to a Good Home:

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missingno. City, ???
    Posts
    12

    Default

    When I battle online, I often find myself going against sending out my Rain Dance Dragonite (RD, Thunder, Hurricane, Dragon Tail), just because most people have Ice-types just for half of the pseudos.
    MMing shinies off and on, Korean Ditto always helps :P

    Right now, I'm working on:
    - 123 eggs (gotta fill up 8 boxes)

        Spoiler:- You know you want to click it ;):


    I hath claimed Ninjask, the fastest one around!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Charizard got on the bad end of the stick. Would've been a lot better off as Fire/Dragon, not Fire/Flying.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Well even with a 4x weakness you can play with it... if your pokemon is weak to stealth rock and you know it just run a rapid spinner! You can always play around your pokemon's weaknesses just be aware of your opponent cz he/she will always target them!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Secretly giving you bunny ears
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Aggron. Just when you thought it would wall your physical-oriented foe into submission, they use a common Ground or Fighting type move. Then your walking pile of armor goes bye-bye. At least Aggron gets amazing resistances from his typing, though.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Distortion World
    Posts
    791

    Default

    YAY! BISHARP IS SO- wait, 4x weakness to fighting, Mach Punch kill it in a hit. Dangit.






    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cross-legged atop a Wailord
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Bastiodon, awesome as hell you say? cool, some of the biggest defences in the game you say? wow, 4x weaknesses to ground and fighting you say? oh dear...

    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Articuno, along with most other ice types.

    I don't think I need to say much on that one.

    I wouldn't count Gyarados, it only has two weaknesses, and resist fighting.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  21. #21

    Default

    Kyurem immediately came to mind when I saw this thread.

    Charizard could be better if it were not for its typing. I mean, Base 109 SpA? Good Base 100 speed? Incredibly powerful STAB when boosted by Solar Power AND Sun? Why is this thing not used more? Oh yeah, Fire/Flying typing. Really hard to sweep when you're losing health due to Solar Power and possible Life Orb AND you lose half of your health just by switching into Stealth Rock.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Let's add Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn to the list of pokemon with terrible typings and are hence never used[/sarcasm]

    Yanmega would probably make the list too. Two great abilities, good stats, good enough movepool, but Bug/Flying typing, which doesn't help cover the other's weaknesses plus 4x SR weak.

    I have claimed Giratina

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post
    -standard Gyarados Explanation-
    The typing of Gyarados balances him, it makes Gyarados a gamble, but it can turn out very lucky. If Gyarados was Water/Dragon, what most people want, it will become overpowered, since the Water/Dragon has only one weakness, Dragon. Add Gyrados' stats and Moxie or Intimidate to that and Gyarados is uber. And look on the bright side, Gyarados does get a Ground immunity, that means: not hit by Earthquake.
    Massive Electric weakness and SR are the only two factors that make Gyarados a gamble because of its typing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Electric type in OU is Magnezone, and electric type attacks aren't common enough to be a huge threat to Gyarados (I myself have never encountered the problem of dying because of an electric attack on Gyarados)


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Massive Electric weakness and SR are the only two factors that make Gyarados a gamble because of its typing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Electric type in OU is Magnezone, and electric type attacks aren't common enough to be a huge threat to Gyarados (I myself have never encountered the problem of dying because of an electric attack on Gyarados)
    I'm guessing you haven't heard of the common BeamBolt combo, where a special sweeper carries Ice Beam and Thunderbolt to maximise coverage.

    Also you forgot Rotom-W......

    I have claimed Giratina

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sinnoh/Hoenn
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Massive Electric weakness and SR are the only two factors that make Gyarados a gamble because of its typing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Electric type in OU is Magnezone, and electric type attacks aren't common enough to be a huge threat to Gyarados (I myself have never encountered the problem of dying because of an electric attack on Gyarados)
    But you haven't considered just how many pokemon in OU use a boltbeam combo or some other electric/ice variation
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •