Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Actually, I'm gonna have to go with PokeMaster on this one. Even Magikarp can sweep if you "play it right". And, you know, if your opponent is a complete moron, but whatever.
    I'm going to have to go with jesusfreak94's going against Farfan's anti-going against PokeMaster366.

Hell, I may sig his quote outright.

Quote Originally Posted by xucretis View Post
    just discuss what pokemon acould be awsome but isnt because of typing
    my two favorite pokemon suffer because of their typing,aggron and gyarados,beside both have huge stats
    Aggron I can agree with it needs a ability that makes ground and fighting do less damage. As for Gyarados I'm neutral. Gyarados's flying type gave it earthquake immunity in xd/colosseum and was trouble when combined with light'ning rod(while easy to counter it still gave me trouble and slowed down my team koing momentum.)
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Aggron I can agree with it needs a ability that makes ground and fighting do less damage. As for Gyarados I'm neutral. Gyarados's flying type gave it earthquake immunity in xd/colosseum and was trouble when combined with light'ning rod(while easy to counter it still gave me trouble and slowed down my team koing momentum.)
    Don't remind me of that match in Pokemon Battle Revolution...ugh, that damn Rhyperior!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yeah, Gyarados's Flying typing doesn't do it many favours. True: it gives it an immunity to EQ and makes grass do only neutral damage but with that comes a weakness to SR, rock types and x4 weakness to electric attacks. Maybe if it had a decent Flying STAB it'd be OK, but the only one it gets is Bounce, which is easily manipulated. Pure Water or Water/Dragon would be much better

Granted, Gyarados is still good, but it could be better
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/262s83s.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

gyarados' flying typing is what makes it so unique and differentiates itself from other bulky waters. in fact, the only reason i don't like its flying typing is because of the gay sr weakness. other than that, i feel that it's a blessing for gyarados. it gives it STAB bounce, immunity / resistance to a bunch of common attacking types like bug, ground and fighting, and gives it immunity to spikes / ts.
    ~signature~

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beluga View Post
    gyarados' flying typing is what makes it so unique and differentiates itself from other bulky waters. in fact, the only reason i don't like its flying typing is because of the gay sr weakness. other than that, i feel that it's a blessing for gyarados. it gives it STAB bounce, immunity / resistance to a bunch of common attacking types like bug, ground and fighting, and gives it immunity to spikes / ts.
    I have to agree. Plus you left out the part where being part Flying makes Gyarados neutral to Grass. The increased Electric weakness is easily handled with Ground types and Lightningrod/Volt Absorb/Motor Drive pokes.

I have claimed Giratina

if gyrados didnt have his flying typing he would be broken
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    I think broken is over exaggerating. It would be a bit better, but not broken.

It couldn't do a thing to sun teams, since it would get weaker STAB. I think Latios, Latias, and Virizion could check it. Gastrodon, Ferrothorn, Skarymory. Defensive Gyarados can handle offensive gyarados as well. Rotom-W would still be a counter, even if it's only x2. There is also metagross with thunder punch. Dry skin toxicroak would wall it's Waterfall/Stone Edge, but would have to watch out for sets carrying EQ. Jellicent can will-o-wisp, while other bulky waters can burn with scald.

Those are all OU pokemon, BTW.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

if gyrados was part Dragon instead of part flying he would be broken
    Fixed it for you. Changes in bold.

What if it was pure water?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Okay I have a question, if gyarados was water dragon , HOW THE HELL DOES HE BECOME OVERPOWERED AND BROKEN?

Ever heard of Kingdra?

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    What if it was pure water?
    Pure water is pretty good defensive typing, but water/dragon is even better. I'd say with water/dragon typing Gyarados'd be banned

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Okay I have a question, if gyarados was water dragon , HOW THE HELL DOES HE BECOME OVERPOWERED AND BROKEN?

Ever heard of Kingdra?
    I second this
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

With intimidate, it's defensives are all better then Kingdra's. Base 125 attack is actually a lot more then 90. It's speed is a little lower, but it still has dragon dance.

Typing isn't the only think a pokemon has, there is also moves, abilities, and stats. Excadril make it all the way to Uber, yet Steelix is down in RU.

Dragon Gyarados would have problems with Bulky steels, Bulky waters, and Choice Scarfed Dragons. I actually can't think of anything else though...
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Charizard, without a doubt.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post

Ever heard of Kingdra?
    High attack, one weakness, gains bulk from ability, has great stat boosting move, Not weak against SR. I am sure there are many more though.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

A Water/Dragon Gyarados would not be broken in today's game, but back in the 1st gen days the only Dragon move was Dragon Rage, which did a small amount of fixed damage. So it would have been broken when introduced. But I don't see how it would be broken in today's game on paper, especially with its small movepool. Either way, it's not going to change, and it's been OU since 3rd gen.

I have claimed Giratina

Any Normal type that serves as a wall.
    Too many Fighting types out there.

Bug/Flying types will always struggle to stay at the top of their class.
    Example: Yanmega
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6081 8633
    Pokemon White FC: 1721 2727 6172
    League of Legends: ElTazo

Apart from the fat pink blobs, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Who says Gyarados would be better without its Flying type? Without it, Gyarados suddenly becomes vulnerable to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and loses resistances to key types such as Fighting and Bug (which makes it one of the best answers to Scizor in the game, among other things), as well as a very useful immunity to Ground. Yes, a Water/Dragon Gyarados would be great offensively, but it would lose a lot of the defensive assets that have made it what it is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345