Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 120

Thread: Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    If you have gyarados hold rhat cell battery thing he can have a 1 time freebie from electric type attacks and increase his attack, plus I don't think a lot of people expect it
    The Cell Battery doesn't give him a one-time immunity to Electric Attacks. He will still take damage from the Electric attack and only if he survives will he get that attack boost.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    It's not a question of where
    Posts
    309

    Default

    double batte: gyarados+electivire

    skill swap
    gyarados=motor drive


    I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York, Long Island
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    double batte: gyarados+electivire

    skill swap
    gyarados=motor drive
    They can't learn skill swap.

        Spoiler:- Clan:

    Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where the grass is greenest
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Audino could a a great addition in a in-game team however there are so many fighting types in Black and White that it isn't even funny.
    Lol, that's not why Audino is bad. The reason it is bad is because it is outclassed by blissey and chansey.




    New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.


  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Lol, that's not why Audino is bad. The reason it is bad is because it is outclassed by blissey and chansey.
    That and the power creep means it's stats just don't cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    double batte: gyarados+electivire

    skill swap
    gyarados=motor drive
    Or you could just team it up with a lighting rod pokemon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    My Bed
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Bisharp could improve without x4 weakness of a common fighting type.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dancin' in Dreamland
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Tyranitar so much. It has beast overall stats, and is a defensive behemoth. However it's typing is so bad i have a sash on mine to prevent it from becoming even more of a liability to my team

    Also all Rock/Ground and Rock/Steel types. 2 4x weakness wtf. And they are usually defensive pokemon too, oh the irony.

    And I don't think Water/Flying is that bad a typing. It's no water/dragon but it's decent. Just the two weakness, and electric isn't the most common type you will see. Plus it's usually pretty obvious when you're gonna be hit with an electric attack, so it can be abused to switch into Electrivire for example.

  8. #33

    Default

    Abomnisnow. Fire weakness. However, it takes a lot to kill one other wise.

    Charzard is taken.
    Scizzor is taken.
    Volcrona is taken.
    Bisharp is taken.
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

    I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

    The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post
    -standard Gyarados Explanation-
    The typing of Gyarados balances him, it makes Gyarados a gamble, but it can turn out very lucky. If Gyarados was Water/Dragon, what most people want, it will become overpowered, since the Water/Dragon has only one weakness, Dragon. Add Gyrados' stats and Moxie or Intimidate to that and Gyarados is uber. And look on the bright side, Gyarados does get a Ground immunity, that means: not hit by Earthquake.
    Massive Electric weakness and SR are the only two factors that make Gyarados a gamble because of its typing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Electric type in OU is Magnezone, and electric type attacks aren't common enough to be a huge threat to Gyarados (I myself have never encountered the problem of dying because of an electric attack on Gyarados)


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Massive Electric weakness and SR are the only two factors that make Gyarados a gamble because of its typing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Electric type in OU is Magnezone, and electric type attacks aren't common enough to be a huge threat to Gyarados (I myself have never encountered the problem of dying because of an electric attack on Gyarados)
    I'm guessing you haven't heard of the common BeamBolt combo, where a special sweeper carries Ice Beam and Thunderbolt to maximise coverage.

    Also you forgot Rotom-W......

    I have claimed Giratina

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    You are forgetting the common Deoxys-S right now.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where the grass is greenest
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Deoxys D would be Uber if it had better typing, Like Normal-Ghost. Shedinja would be way better if it was Dark-Ghost.




    New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.


  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Celebi would be better defensively and offensively(?) if it didn't have the Grass/Psychic type. Being pursuit trapped, 4X weak to the common U-turn , and having the most weaknesses(Along with Exeggutor and Abomasnow) out of all pokemon. Maybe it should've been just a pure Grass type...


    3DS FC: 0001-3758-4431
    *Credit goes to Garnet Til Alexandros XVII for the Userbar*

  14. #39

    Default

    Yanmega could have been better(despite its low defenses)
    No.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sinnoh/Hoenn
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Massive Electric weakness and SR are the only two factors that make Gyarados a gamble because of its typing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Electric type in OU is Magnezone, and electric type attacks aren't common enough to be a huge threat to Gyarados (I myself have never encountered the problem of dying because of an electric attack on Gyarados)
    But you haven't considered just how many pokemon in OU use a boltbeam combo or some other electric/ice variation
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Graivty Falls, Oregon
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Hindered by typing, you say? Well... Shedinja.

    It would be better. Perhaps not by much, but just imagine if it retained its type through evolution to get out of Sandstorm, or had some beneficial typing to rescue it from its widespread weaknesses.

  17. #42

    Default

    Bisharp looks cool and everything and its Steel/Dark typing sounds boss at first but it's not that good in typing...

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Yanmega would be much better if it were a Bug-Dragon rather than Bug-Flying. DRAGONfly, geddit? Unresisted Draco Meteors=incredible.

    (I know dragonflies aren't dragons. And yeah, I got that from The Smog)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girazard View Post
    Yanmega would be much better if it were a Bug-Dragon rather than Bug-Flying. DRAGONfly, geddit? Unresisted Draco Meteors=incredible.

    (I know dragonflies aren't dragons. And yeah, I got that from The Smog)
    Actually, a theoretical Bug/Dragon sweeper pokemon would own the Uber tier (SE on Dragons, Mewtwo and other Psychics, and Darkrai).

    I have claimed Giratina

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    Hindered by typing, you say? Well... Shedinja.

    It would be better. Perhaps not by much, but just imagine if it retained its type through evolution to get out of Sandstorm, or had some beneficial typing to rescue it from its widespread weaknesses.
    I agree. Also, if it was a dragon type, it would only have one weakness. Perhaps Dragon/Ground? It would resist sandstorm, and only be weak to Ice/Dragon.

    Maybe dragon/steel. Weak to ground and fighting, but resist toxic and sandstorm.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Fan Rotom yet. Flying/Electric is a nice typing but it lacks variety.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Fan Rotom yet. Flying/Electric is a nice typing but it lacks variety.
    It's not so much the typing, but the ability that makes it less than worthwhile.

    I have claimed Giratina

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    It's not so much the typing, but the ability that makes it less than worthwhile.
    just give it and Air Balloon or a Shuca Berry and trollololo away.


    Ho-oh, if it were say, Fire/Psychic, or Fire/Dragon, or anything but Fire/Flying it would be boss. I mean it's still boss, just boss who don't like dem rocks.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!


    Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Well, STAB Brave Bird is incredible for Ho-oh, and I really don't think it would be such a boss without it. Remember in Gen4 when its usage in ubers basically skyrocketed when HGSS came out? Kyogre used to be a fairly good counter, but if Ho-oh spams a base 180 move it can't switch in at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Deoxys D would be Uber if it had better typing, Like Normal-Ghost. Shedinja would be way better if it was Dark-Ghost.
    Then it would be impossible to kill without stealth rocks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •