Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    If you have gyarados hold rhat cell battery thing he can have a 1 time freebie from electric type attacks and increase his attack, plus I don't think a lot of people expect it
    The Cell Battery doesn't give him a one-time immunity to Electric Attacks. He will still take damage from the Electric attack and only if he survives will he get that attack boost.

double batte: gyarados+electivire

skill swap
    gyarados=motor drive

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post

skill swap
    gyarados=motor drive
    They can't learn skill swap.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Audino could a a great addition in a in-game team however there are so many fighting types in Black and White that it isn't even funny.
    Lol, that's not why Audino is bad. The reason it is bad is because it is outclassed by blissey and chansey.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Lol, that's not why Audino is bad. The reason it is bad is because it is outclassed by blissey and chansey.
    That and the power creep means it's stats just don't cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post

skill swap
    gyarados=motor drive
    Or you could just team it up with a lighting rod pokemon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Bisharp could improve without x4 weakness of a common fighting type.

Tyranitar so much. It has beast overall stats, and is a defensive behemoth. However it's typing is so bad i have a sash on mine to prevent it from becoming even more of a liability to my team

Also all Rock/Ground and Rock/Steel types. 2 4x weakness wtf. And they are usually defensive pokemon too, oh the irony.

And I don't think Water/Flying is that bad a typing. It's no water/dragon but it's decent. Just the two weakness, and electric isn't the most common type you will see. Plus it's usually pretty obvious when you're gonna be hit with an electric attack, so it can be abused to switch into Electrivire for example.

Abomnisnow. Fire weakness. However, it takes a lot to kill one other wise.

Charzard is taken.
    Scizzor is taken.
    Volcrona is taken.
    Bisharp is taken.
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post
    -standard Gyarados Explanation-
    The typing of Gyarados balances him, it makes Gyarados a gamble, but it can turn out very lucky. If Gyarados was Water/Dragon, what most people want, it will become overpowered, since the Water/Dragon has only one weakness, Dragon. Add Gyrados' stats and Moxie or Intimidate to that and Gyarados is uber. And look on the bright side, Gyarados does get a Ground immunity, that means: not hit by Earthquake.
    Massive Electric weakness and SR are the only two factors that make Gyarados a gamble because of its typing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Electric type in OU is Magnezone, and electric type attacks aren't common enough to be a huge threat to Gyarados (I myself have never encountered the problem of dying because of an electric attack on Gyarados)

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Massive Electric weakness and SR are the only two factors that make Gyarados a gamble because of its typing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Electric type in OU is Magnezone, and electric type attacks aren't common enough to be a huge threat to Gyarados (I myself have never encountered the problem of dying because of an electric attack on Gyarados)
    I'm guessing you haven't heard of the common BeamBolt combo, where a special sweeper carries Ice Beam and Thunderbolt to maximise coverage.

Also you forgot Rotom-W......

I have claimed Giratina

You are forgetting the common Deoxys-S right now.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Deoxys D would be Uber if it had better typing, Like Normal-Ghost. Shedinja would be way better if it was Dark-Ghost.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Celebi would be better defensively and offensively(?) if it didn't have the Grass/Psychic type. Being pursuit trapped, 4X weak to the common U-turn , and having the most weaknesses(Along with Exeggutor and Abomasnow) out of all pokemon. Maybe it should've been just a pure Grass type...

3DS FC: 0001-3758-4431
    *Credit goes to Garnet Til Alexandros XVII for the Userbar*

Yanmega could have been better(despite its low defenses)
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    But you haven't considered just how many pokemon in OU use a boltbeam combo or some other electric/ice variation
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

Hindered by typing, you say? Well... Shedinja.

It would be better. Perhaps not by much, but just imagine if it retained its type through evolution to get out of Sandstorm, or had some beneficial typing to rescue it from its widespread weaknesses.

Bisharp looks cool and everything and its Steel/Dark typing sounds boss at first but it's not that good in typing...

Yanmega would be much better if it were a Bug-Dragon rather than Bug-Flying. DRAGONfly, geddit? Unresisted Draco Meteors=incredible.

(I know dragonflies aren't dragons. And yeah, I got that from The Smog)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by girazard View Post
    Yanmega would be much better if it were a Bug-Dragon rather than Bug-Flying. DRAGONfly, geddit? Unresisted Draco Meteors=incredible.

(I know dragonflies aren't dragons. And yeah, I got that from The Smog)
    Actually, a theoretical Bug/Dragon sweeper pokemon would own the Uber tier (SE on Dragons, Mewtwo and other Psychics, and Darkrai).

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    Hindered by typing, you say? Well... Shedinja.

It would be better. Perhaps not by much, but just imagine if it retained its type through evolution to get out of Sandstorm, or had some beneficial typing to rescue it from its widespread weaknesses.
    I agree. Also, if it was a dragon type, it would only have one weakness. Perhaps Dragon/Ground? It would resist sandstorm, and only be weak to Ice/Dragon.

Maybe dragon/steel. Weak to ground and fighting, but resist toxic and sandstorm.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Fan Rotom yet. Flying/Electric is a nice typing but it lacks variety.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Fan Rotom yet. Flying/Electric is a nice typing but it lacks variety.
    It's not so much the typing, but the ability that makes it less than worthwhile.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    It's not so much the typing, but the ability that makes it less than worthwhile.
    just give it and Air Balloon or a Shuca Berry and trollololo away.

Ho-oh, if it were say, Fire/Psychic, or Fire/Dragon, or anything but Fire/Flying it would be boss. I mean it's still boss, just boss who don't like dem rocks.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Well, STAB Brave Bird is incredible for Ho-oh, and I really don't think it would be such a boss without it. Remember in Gen4 when its usage in ubers basically skyrocketed when HGSS came out? Kyogre used to be a fairly good counter, but if Ho-oh spams a base 180 move it can't switch in at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Deoxys D would be Uber if it had better typing, Like Normal-Ghost. Shedinja would be way better if it was Dark-Ghost.
    Then it would be impossible to kill without stealth rocks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast