Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon that could be great but it type makes it bad

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    Then it would be impossible to kill without stealth rocks.
    Not really. There is also other things like weather, leech seed, and poison.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

-Meganium would have been much better if it weren't grass. aesthetically I can't think of a good alternate type though.
    -Tyranitar was mentioned previously, but it would do better if it were ground/dark instead of rock/dark.
    -Lapras was also mentioned previously, I cannot begin to fathom how much better it would be if it were water/dragon rather than water/ice.
    -I gotta disagree with anyone who says Articuno would be better with a different typing, it's got a bad move pool and the only reliable set I've seen it use is the sheer cold/mind reader combo which is illegal in standard play.
    -I wholeheartedly agree with what's been said about Charizard so far, it would make a decent DD if it weren't so vulnerable.
    -Sceptile would have been a lot more popular if it had a dragon typing with its grass type.
    -Tangrowth needs to be grass/rock, with fire being a must-have on 5th gen teams it could stand to lose the weakness.
    -Leavanny would fare much better without it's crap typing, though similar to Meganium I can't think of another typing that would fit.
    BlackFC:3396 2920 1045
    DW Females:

Current project:
    Possible: 1/3
    Confirmed: 0/3

Tyranitar should be rock/Something else, with infinite snad it´s Sp.Def gets a boost.
    What if Serperior was Grass/Dragon that means it could learn Draco Meteor, with the DW Contrary + Leaf Storm and HP fire only Hetrad would dare to challenge it.
    Most Bug/Flying that convination of types just sucks.
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

-I gotta disagree with anyone who says Articuno would be better with a different typing, it's got a bad move pool and the only reliable set I've seen it use is the sheer cold/mind reader combo which is illegal in standard play.
    Okay, it wouldn't be excellent with other typing, but it still would be much better. That typing is plain terrible.

Articuno is mostly used as a special wall.
    If it's typing were different it would be way better at it so I think Articuno would be way better with other typing.

Articuno If given a better movepool aswell

I love Articuno but it has a bad movepool and I would really want its offensive stats to be higher.

Weavile, Volcarona (even I still used it -.-), Salamence (Scarf'd and Moxie?), Magnezone and many more..
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Weavile, Volcarona (even I still used it -.-), Salamence (Scarf'd and Moxie?), Magnezone and many more..
    I agree about Weavile, but not Volcarona. Even with it's x4 rock weakness, it still finds plenty of chances to set up, especially with rapid spin support. Salamence is great, it was even uber last gen. Dragon typing and a ground immunity is helpful, along with it's ability to go mixed, and Fire Blast steel types who resist dragon, thanks to it's high sp.attack. Magnazone's steel typing allows it to set up on most other steel types with ease, resisting their STABs by x4. Magnet pull means they can't swap out, either, so it almost always comes out at +3 or 6 charge beams with a sub. It's typing also allows it to deal with outraging dragons.

Having a x4 weakness doesn't always mean it's bad, look at Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    I disagree weavile have a good offensive typing so is volcarona, salamance would enjoy being fire/dragon more than flying dragon though

magnezone have a good typing only if he had levitate as his ability... air balloon solve part of this though
    magnezone have the most resistance of ANY pokemon there

he is also one of few pokemons who resist boltbeam combo.

he is also one of few pokemons who resist boltbeam combo.
    I forgot to bring that up. He walls most ice or electric types to heck because of this.

I still think Weavile could be better. It has decent offensive typing, but it's typing also makes it hard to set up, and it can't pull off being a revenge killer with it's stealth rock weakness.

It also relies on low kick or brick break for coverage.

Weavile is one of my 4th gen favorites too....

I'd say that the poor ol' Abomasnow got the short end of the stick. He has great stats and an ability that whole teams can be based around! Poor old Abomasnow... He just had to be weak to SEVEN different types! Including x4 Fire weakness. *sighs...*

aggron, and tyranitar. if tyranitar was like just rock, or rock and dragon maybe for the godzilla theme design, itd be so much better, agrron if it was steel and ground.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

^Tyranitar is already awesome. His dark typing gives him a great secondary STAB. Tyranitar would be worse without his Dark typing.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Torkoal. It has the same physical and special defense stats as Skarmory, five more points in its base HP, a great defensive movepool (Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Toxic, etc.), and a great ability, but is hindered by its Fire type.

charizard and Moltres.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

In case nobody brought it up, Glaceon. It has an awesome 130 Sp. Atk, and great defenses that let would let it survive multiple hits, especially if it was part of a Vaporeon Substitute Baton Pass chain. Alas, its ice typing makes it way too easy to KO. If those same stats were on a Steel-Psychic, Dragon-Fire, or Steel-Water pokemon, or something along those lines, it would be instant OU (assuming it has a decent offensive movepool).
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    In case nobody brought it up, Glaceon. It has an awesome 130 Sp. Atk, and great defenses that let would let it survive multiple hits, especially if it was part of a Vaporeon Substitute Baton Pass chain. Alas, its ice typing makes it way too easy to KO. If those same stats were on a Steel-Psychic, Dragon-Fire, or Steel-Water pokemon, or something along those lines, it would be instant OU (assuming it has a decent offensive movepool).
    Same goes for why Ice Body Glaceon isn't viable. Pure ice is simply awful defensive typing.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I still think Weavile could be better. It has decent offensive typing, but it's typing also makes it hard to set up, and it can't pull off being a revenge killer with it's stealth rock weakness.

It also relies on low kick or brick break for coverage.

I agree. I mean, I love Weavile, but 4X WEAK TO FIGHTING! That's just sad.

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Weavile39 View Post
    I agree. I mean, I love Weavile, but 4X WEAK TO FIGHTING! That's just sad.
    Conkeldurr used Mach Punch!
    Scizor used Bullet Punch!

Yeah, Ice types got a glove to the face with the increase in priority in generation 5's metagame. To boot, there's usually about 1 notable Ice type each generation.

None the less, that doesn't mean they're bad in lower tiers.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I agree with Ice types and how they always get the short end of the stick with Mach/Bullet Punch and Stealth Rock.

But psychic types also do in a way, especially Celebi and Exeggutor with their 4x weakness. But with the common Sucker Punch and not as common Shadow Sneak around it makes their job more hard. And also Pursuit trappers *coughTyranitarcough* make it worse for them and doesn't help that most of them have horrible defense. But they won't change all their typing for them although some like Gothitelle should.

Celebi, awesome move pool and a whopping 7 weaknesses. Yet I still use mine <3
    Pokemon Black FC: 3911 - 7680 - 8262

(Thank you Eeveelover824 for the lovely banner <3)

Spoiler:- League Enchanted Garden Gym Badges:

Quote Originally Posted by Faytal View Post
    Celebi, awesome move pool and a whopping 7 weaknesses. Yet I still use mine <3
    Celebi has good stats, and a lot of sets it can use. but yeah, it has a lot of weaknesses because of it's typing. it doesn't make it any worse of a pokemon though.

Claydol.
    He'd be a much better wall if he had less weaknesses.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Celebi has good stats, and a lot of sets it can use. but yeah, it has a lot of weaknesses because of it's typing. it doesn't make it any worse of a pokemon though.
    Totally agree, but I really hate that so many types have an advantage over Celebi
    Pokemon Black FC: 3911 - 7680 - 8262

(Thank you Eeveelover824 for the lovely banner <3)

Spoiler:- League Enchanted Garden Gym Badges:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast