Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue! (718)

Default The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue! (718)

Swift Hero A☆celgor VS Cryogonal Man!!

Finally at Driftveil City, Ash discovers that the gym is not currently open so Ash & Co. take a tour of the city offered by Charles. However, when they get to the market, they find a couple of thieves in disguise, only for them to be thwarted by the mysterious A☆celgor, who helps fight crime with his Accelgor. However, things start to turn when the evil Cyrogonal Man appears...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Thr episode starts with the henchman's truck coming out of a bridge in daytime.

Ash and co. are happy to see Driftveil, but Clay is standing in the front of the gym.

Ash can't battle for some reason and I love Clay's voice.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

They head to gym and meet Clay. He isn't interested in battling atm. Walks away. He is huge.

The guy on bike (with Acelgor sitting on it like E.T.) shows up.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 1st December 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Clay's face looks weird...

Iris goes buying some stuff from a market.

And now Accelgor rider comes into action to stop a criminal.

Uh, oh, Bike wouldn't start.

The girl and Charles both notice something suspicious.
    Last edited by playerking; 1st December 2011 at 11:09 AM.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

The woman's name is...Linda?

And Oshawott I think came to the rescue for something, somehow. Focking Keyhole.

Accelgor Rider jumped over the Truck and now he and Accelgor aree on the roof.

The girl and Ash and co. have followed them to the inevitable battle soon.

Freegeo-Man owns Vanillish and I still don't know who owns Timburr.

Vanillish and Freegeo-Man are down.

And I think Officer Jenny arrested Freegeo-Man.

Final shot is some sort of rocks on Milos Island, don't know what they are.
    Last edited by playerking; 1st December 2011 at 11:23 AM.

That...was...stupid.

Perhaps it is primarily because I'm tired, but it was hard to care about this episode. Interesting story, probably just poor execution.

The best part is when Oshawott came out, slipped into Cryogonal Man, and destroyed the remote that was somehow suppose to control Vanillite, I don't know what the ice type baddies were trying to, it was really just hard to care with what was going. Probably because this seemed like something you couldn't just pull out your rear end and make an episode about it, it needed to be fleshed out. But let's move on.

So aside from the short appearances of Tepig and Oshawott (especially Oshawott), I found this episode to be pretty "meh"

At least I'm not being overly negative.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Such a terrible episode in which to debut poor Accelgor.. Charles sucked, Freegeo-man sucked, the plot was (IMO) terrible. In fact, the highlight of this episode was seeing Oshawott.. and that coming from me, speaks volumes since the thing usually just annoys me.

Kinda feel like I wasted my time even turning on the PC for it.

Have yet to see the episode, but what I can see from the screenshots I think it looks like an episode I will enjoy. It is great to have an episode with action after the rather (not fully) relaxed one last week.

00poke_maniac is going to love this:

And this happens twice.

I see everyone had an awkward reaction towards Vanirich. Well you would have the same reaction if your opponent was a giant, floating, ice cream with a face. I'm not able take Vanirich seriously at all.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 1st December 2011 at 1:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Have yet to see the episode, but what I can see from the screenshots I think it looks like an episode I will enjoy. It is great to have an episode with action after the rather (not fully) relaxed one last week.

00poke_maniac is going to love this:

And this happens twice.

I see everyone had an awkward reaction towards Vanirich. Well you would have the same reaction if your opponent was a giant, floating, ice cream with a face. I'm not able take Vanirich seriously at all.
    xDDDDD YOU KNOW ME SO WELL!!!! 8D *saves picture*

This episode seemed pretty good. I just came to the conclusion that:

Spoiler:- important spoiler:

It seems like an action-based, funny episode. Even though I haven't watched it yet but it seems pretty good (I have low standards though )
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Such a terrible episode in which to debut poor Accelgor.. Charles sucked, Freegeo-man sucked, the plot was (IMO) terrible. In fact, the highlight of this episode was seeing Oshawott.. and that coming from me, speaks volumes since the thing usually just annoys me.

Kinda feel like I wasted my time even turning on the PC for it.
    At least Accelgor got a good debut, unlike Lilligant.

You mean, in your opinion, or they just sucked, at what they were doing?

I liked Charles, he was good as a Superhero and he proved that near the end.

As annoyed as I am that I only saw a minute or so of the episode, it still looks pretty good and judging from the pictures, it wasn't what I expected, it was better!

Timburr protecting Oshawott, Cilan protecting Iris, Oshawott's comedic slip that actually helped out, Timburr stopping that car.

I loved the Pokemon in this episode too and I really think the animation helped with showing off Accelgor and Vanillish.

I'm so glad they kept the 'Iris dislikes cold and ice Pokémon' thing, I was afraid they'd forget it. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    At least Accelgor got a good debut, unlike Lilligant.

You mean, in your opinion, or they just sucked, at what they were doing?

I liked Charles, he was good as a Superhero and he proved that near the end.

As annoyed as I am that I only saw a minute or so of the episode, it still looks pretty good and judging from the pictures, it wasn't what I expected, it was better!

Timburr protecting Oshawott, Cilan protecting Iris, Oshawott's comedic slip that actually helped out, Timburr stopping that car.

I loved the Pokemon in this episode too and I really think the animation helped with showing off Accelgor and Vanillish.
    I just didn't like their characters, which is unfortunate since I thought i'd enjoy the episode (based on the previews).. Ah well, I guess the episodes can't all be winners in everyone's minds. It's kinda like when the Gothitelle episode aired and I enjoyed it when most other people disliked it, but this time the situations reversed.

Will have to watch the episode but doesn't seem to be a bad one based on pictures seems to have some funny moments.

They ruined Charles.

Giving him a girlfriend ruined his heartbreaker aspect.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Giving him a girlfriend ruined his heartbreaker aspect.
    And you know she's his girlfriend ... how? He simply rides off on his bike at the end of the episode with his Accelgor.

Episode was ok to me especially the Oshawott part which was hillarious, and at least the ice mask hasn't officially debuted yet, cause when it does i want to see it in action and not be someone's face mask.

Also, was that a youtube like website the girl was using or was it just me?

Question

were there any preview for future episodes like the Cilan v Chili or the kami trio
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Saw the pictures, looks interesting.

I like how the writers build up Team Rocket for their plans. It's always fun to watch them be mysterious and whatnot, to me at less.

Clay appears, seems cool, although he doesn't really come off as someone with a lot of personality(Although I'm going off of pictures and he was only shown for a little bit). Still, I think he looks cool.

The main plot of the episode seems alright, looks like a mix of action and comedy, I can't complain.

It looked like everyone was surprise to see Vanillish, perhaps they were expecting something else...something relating to the mask the guy was wearing haha, too bad Cryogonal didn't debut in the flesh, perhaps for the 7th gym.

Oh and I guess Ducklett have a high crime rate amongst them.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Final shot is some sort of rocks on Milos Island, don't know what they are.
    TR was there earlier in the episode and there was some sculpture thing at the bottom of the pillar. The rocks at the end were that same sculpture, broken by TR. The gods shall not be pleased about this....

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    And you know she's his girlfriend ... how?
    Really, from their interactions, she seemed more like an ex-girlfriend of his.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    xDDDDD YOU KNOW ME SO WELL!!!! 8D *saves picture*
    Is it bad that I saved it too?

Anyway, this was actually an interesting episode. I thought that Driftveil City looked a lot like some of the other cities Ash and friends have visited, but the market looked colorful, which was cool. I liked that motorcycles were used without the episode feeling too much like Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. I enjoyed the funny moments, especially the one that involved Oshawott; he was hilarious as always, and if people don't agree then they'll have to post receipts to prove me wrong. Overall, the episode was all over the place, but it worked well. But that Vanillish was trucking scary, so I'll probably have nightmares tonight.

Okay, They arrive in Driftveil City, we see Clay, and we get to see Cold Storage. The actual ep was bad, but seeing this stuff made watching worth it.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    Okay, They arrive in Driftveil City, we see Clay, and we get to see Cold Storage. The actual ep was bad, but seeing this stuff made watching worth it.
    Demonsead's philosophy: If it's a filler, it ain't worth a gander!

Er- I mean, I really loved this episode, and I thought Charles was gonna a greasy biker if he were to appear in the animu.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast