Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue! (718)

Gee, Pokemon just really goes all out on these super hero episodes. It was ridiculous, but I have to admit that they did the parody well. From villains who stare dumbly as a hero is aiming a kick at them, to the villain's choice of pokemon, to the outlandish evil plan. Reminds me a bit of Kanto fillers actually. I wish more filler episodes weren't as afraid to be just as ridiculous once in a while. This episode was...different after the stream of ones we've been getting.

Overall I enjoyed it. I may watch it again just for kicks.

Favorite Parts:
    - It's like they're advertissing just how much Vanillite scares the fanbase
    - Ash not knowing who Swift Hero A-Gilder was
    - Iris calling the villains kids after hearing their 'evil' scheme
    - Ash's first reaction when getting to the cold storage is to send out Pokabu followed by an order of flamethrower. I'm...impressed...
    - Iris hiding behind Dent twice
    - Everyone wondering why there was no Crygonal
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by Vellza View Post
    Yeah, this is essentially one big tribute to tokusatsu, isn't it? I love this as an idea for filler, it's great to watch and pick up on some of the references, I noticed a reference to Sentai posing, Kamen Rider Stronger's introduction speech, as well as a couple of other things Rider-related.
    Stronger too, huh?

We got a huge reference guide up here, if you know of any further references, we'd love to hear them. This episode was filled to the brim with them.

Just finished watching it. I found it to be really funny, which was obviously what they were aiming for.

I'd list what I thought was funny but then I'd basically list everything in the episode. Although the things I found most funny were:
    -Ash not knowing Charles was Swift Hero A☆Gilder despite everyone else knowing. It's understandable that he wouldn't know though...well until Linda basically spilled the beans that is.
    -Charles being a goof at times despite him suppose to be a hero.
    -Everyone expecting Professor Tsuraraa to have a Cryogonal, he ends up saying that Cryogonal was too strong for him to get haha.
    -The stick figure scene, or whatever it would be called. Just seemed so cheap and childish, which I thought was funny.

I thought Clay, Charles, Tsyraraam and Linda sounded good. The henchmen...they didn't really say much and I was a little distracted with them flapping their arms.

I like the Team Rocket build up.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I loved this episode, Charles and Linda were great characters.

Professor Tsuraraa having a Vanillish was really surprising.

I think this episode triggered my love towards the Vanillite line.

And we get to see Iris' fear of Ice-types again when she hid behind Cilan.

It's cool that this episode had Tokusatsu theme to it. I'm a nerd when it comes to that kind of stuff. X3

Planning to take over Unova, team Vinnillite seems more of a threat than Team Plasma.

It's a neat episode. The Accelguard guy reminds me Kamen Rider, of course the reference is probably intentional. And Iris calling the bad guy a kid is amusing.

This episode sure woke me up in the morning. It was not surprising on how Ash did not know the identity of the man when he couldn't know the identity of Team Rocket alot of times too.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    This episode sure woke me up in the morning. It was not surprising on how Ash did not know the identity of the man when he couldn't know the identity of Team Rocket alot of times too.
    Yet, for some reason, Iris and Cilan easily figured all out with him, but they totally failed to recognize Team Rocket after that fishing contest fiasco they did.

As for the episode, at least Charles isn't a hobo riding on the side of the building... Oh wait, he was about to.

In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

So they showed Clay,TR plan,showed Charles and the Plasma in the ice place but changed it to some other group. I think we can say this is not a filler ep.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    So they showed Clay,TR plan,showed Charles and the Plasma in the ice place but changed it to some other group. I think we can say this is not a filler ep.
    Let's put it this way.

Anything with Accelgor and his idiot trainer was filler. There we go.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Let's put it this way.

Anything with Accelgor and his idiot trainer was filler. There we go.
    But we saw Clay,got the storage room plot (even with plasama bit thats for obvious reasons,saw TR

Pretty cool episode.

It's a pretty nice episode. Doctor Ferrara saying he couldn't catch Cryogonal was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    But we saw Clay,got the storage room plot (even with plasama bit thats for obvious reasons,saw TR
    I KNOW. That's why I said the ACTUAL Accelgor and his trainer's plot was just filler.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    It's a pretty nice episode. Doctor Ferrara saying he couldn't catch Cryogonal was hilarious.
    Dude tried to catch it during Summer.

And like that the mighty Accelguard went from zero to hero.

Before I saw this episode, I had moderate hope that this would be a cool episode. By the end, I thought this episode was rather bad. The Mighty Accelguard was pretty much a rip-off of Gligarman including the ridiculous heroic poses and such. Team Vanillite was another horrible concept of the episode with a scheme just as bad as they are. Lastly, I was hoping to see a Cryogonal from Cryogonalman and the fact that such a thing never happened just made this episode more disappointing.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    Before I saw this episode, I had moderate hope that this would be a cool episode. By the end, I thought this episode was rather bad. The Mighty Accelguard was pretty much a rip-off of Gligarman including the ridiculous heroic poses and such. Team Vanillite was another horrible concept of the episode with a scheme just as bad as they are. Lastly, I was hoping to see a Cryogonal from Cryogonalman and the fact that such a thing never happened just made this episode more disappointing.
    Boohoo, I thought it was a great parody of Kamen Rider.

Now, before I watch the dub, I must ask - Does Charles sound okay?

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Boohoo, I thought it was a great parody of Kamen Rider.

Of course! He was voiced by Dan fapping Green!

I liked this episode because it showcased parts of driftveil along with the plot. It also included some really funny parts (Oshawott deserves a mention here) which just enhanced the episode. Also, the plot deepens with team rockets, what are they up to?
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    I think you missed the point of the episode.

Accelguard is meant to be a parody, being based on most likely Kaiketsu Zubat, and Kamen Raider to some extent. He wasn't a rip-off of Gligarman...I don't think you can really even rip-off something that's part of the same franchise, at less it doesn't make any sense to me. You're to take Charles for what he's worth, a parody, as what the episode basically was.

Team Vanillite kept the parody of the episode going, being a weird group with a weird plan was for the sake of humor, they weren't meant to be a dangerous group of people who plan to blow up the world or whatever, they were comedic relief.

The fact Ferrara didn't use a Cryogonal, was just more of the comedic aspect of the episode.

Despite the fact this was a parody episode, it still had plenty of action that wasn't completely comedic.

Frankly I thought it was a great episode for what it's meant to be.

Anyways, I enjoyed the dub voices for Charles, Linda, and Ferrara, I would have liked Ferrara to have a little more age in his voice but overall I liked their voices. Accelgor and Vanillish sounded fine to me, nothing that interesting to me but I didn't think they were bad. Clay's voice I didn't really like.

I enjoyed the dub episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Fine episode, nice to see Clay here, though unable to battle. I agree that there were some hilarious moments. Much of the episode seemed to be a filler, but at least the beginning and ending were not.

Nice tribute episode celebrating Shotaro Ishinomori's work's of Zubat & Kamen Rider.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Nope. He sounds like an old lady getting beaten up by a Zebstrika.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Nope. He sounds like an old lady getting beaten up by a Zebstrika.

Pffft

oh you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast