Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team DeoChi! (OU RMT)

Default Team DeoChi! (OU RMT)

Hey all, it's me again, Triple Z, or Trip, or ZZZ, or 3xZ or Z cubed, back with another RMT. This is team DeoChi, so called because it is built around Deoxys-S and Jirahi and I cunningly put the two names together to get 'DeoChi'. Fear my wit. Anyway, as is the case with most of my teams, I like them to be a 3:3 mono, in case I'm called to arms in a Serebii leauge (though, tbh, they usually turn out like that anyway). This has been my most successful team to date, peaking at 1260ish (shush, that's good for me) during testing on the PO server. I've come to you, dear sppf-goers, to see if we can push this over the 1300 barrier.

Glance at the Team!

Spoiler:- Team Building:

Here, have a Team In Detail

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
    Tmid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - Fcus Blast
    - U-turn

Since Deoxys-S rather annoyingly got himself banned, I've turned to Hydreigon as my revenge killer. Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB, capable of OHKOing a lot of troublesome threats. Dark Pulse is alternate STAB (which also puts a dent in a lot of stuff) which, along with Focus Blast, gives erfect neutral coverage. U-turn is for scouting. The EVs seem odd, but I can put 4 extra HP EVs in and stil outspeed everything important I otherwise would, I'll thank myself for if when Hydreigon survives on 1HP.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 12 SDef / 32 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Stealth Rock
    - Iron Head
    - Wish

This is a pretty standard set, except perhaps for the EVs, in which I've ut a lot into defense, hoping the opponent will think of SpDefensive Jirachi and use a physical attacker. T-wave + Iron Head are for some HaxSpam, SR is useful and so is wish, which has proved to be Dragonite's best friend.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - ExtremeSpeed

Another standard set, and one that has fared me very well a great many times. DD for boosting, Outrage for sweeping, EQ for coverage and Extremespeed for priority. 'Nuff said.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain

Celebi is my wall and hit-absorber, especially when it comes to powerful, fast fighting types such as Terrakion, who would otherwise ruin my team. Calm Mind boost Celebi's SAtk so it can compete with its much-invested Defence. Giga Drain is a great STAB which also provides recovery, and Psychic is an alternate STAB for dealing heavy damage. Heal Bell is so Celebi can act as a cleric, as its predecesors once did. The EVs and Nature turn Celebi into a good phsyical wall to deal with strong phsyical fighting types.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Charge Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Here's a test to see if you're made of steel. See that magnet thing up there? Do you quake in fear upon seeing it? No? Then you're not made of steel, sorry. Magnezone's steel removing abilities are invaluable in this team, especially for miltank and dragonite. In the case of ferrothorn or forretress I can sub + charge beam and then, with the built up Sp.Attack, take something else down too. The 200 Speed EVs are there in an (successful) effort to outspeed Scizor, to prevent it smacking me back with Superpower.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Last but not least comes Starmie, who has a role as spinner and sweeper. Again, this is a very standard set (I know, I'm boring ) but it does its job excellently, scaring away possible spin blockers with the chance of a STAB Surf, or a thunderbolt in the case of Jellicent.

What makes this team go 'Arrrgghhh!'

The main pokemon I've been having problems with in testing are Infernape and Rotom-W. Although Deoxys-S and Starmie can easily revenge kill Infernape, they're too weak to switch into a STAB CC or Flare Blitz, so I have to sacrifice something, and even then, Infernape just gets switched out. Rotom-W is a pain, as usual, and, although i can deal with it in the end, it often leaves a large dent in my team.

Closing Comments

I'm proud of this team. I thought it up in a matter of minutes, and it only required a few tweaks to reach its peak, which has been my best so far. I like the 3:3 Psychic Mono bit too, but please bear in mind when rating, this isn't at all neccessary.

All comments and critisim appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Triple Z; 12th December 2011 at 10:50 PM.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/262s83s.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

nice team, looks solid
    have you tried blissey over miltank? Blissey walls the **** out of rotom w and can do the same job, possible better

Hiya i was thinking after the last comment if you do think of using a Blissey over Miltank i want to sway you in using Chansey (hear me out im not CRAZY) witht the eviolite it can take major WHACKS and live to tell te tale it has a much longer life span than Blissey with this, i know "what about my precious Lefties" use Soft Boiled its great heres what i think

Chansey @Eviolite
    Natural Cure / or Serene Grace if you want to be annoying
    EV's: 252HP/252Def/4SpD
    Bold Nature
    Moves;
    Thunder Waves (with Serene Grace its oh so very annoying)
    Wish / Softboiled (i would recommend Wish)
    Seismic Toss (definate to deal 100 damage to anyone who dares face her)
    Heal Bell (the "Bread and Butter" of this just to save your team from things like Poison, Paralysis, ETC.)
    I hope that i was of help...

Fire Punch > EQ on D-Nite who try to abuse you during an Outrage.

Test on Smogon Server, you don't know your potential unless you test their, every other server is noobish lol

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Oh yeah, Blissey. How the hell did I forget Blissey. Must have had cows on the mind. Ah well, I'm testing that now, I have a feeling it'll be better. Sorry Miltank! Moo

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePorygon View Post
    Hmmm... Care to elaborate?
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

i think he means for steels like ferrothorn, fortress, and skarmory, oh and scizor

Lol, bar the sets, I used 2/3 this team on my current OU team. Starmie, Deo-S, Rachi, Dragonite. Agreed, Wish is Nite's best friend.

Test on Smogon Server, you don't know your potential unless you test their, every other server is noobish lol
    I play on the PO server, and I play good people.

BTW, if your only intent is laddering, my team peaked at 1399 (rating) in OU. I can share it with you if you like.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 1st December 2011 at 11:55 PM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    i think he means for steels like ferrothorn, fortress, and skarmory, oh and scizor
    I can just trap them with Magnezone though, EQ is for things I can't trap.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    BTW, if your only intent is laddering, my team peaked at 1399 (rating) in OU. I can share it with you if you like.
    I'm not a fan of team 'stealing' but I'd gladly take your advice

On another note, I've tested Blissey, and it's better.
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

Bump!

10 char XD
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

Nice Team, TZ!

However, it looks like powerful fighting types might give this team a headache. Starmie and Deoxys-S, the only ones who resist it, are too frail to switch into them really. Maybe a Ghost Type would help.

Other than that, nice work

Ice Cold Fire

Watch out for Scarf Terrakion. Individually, everything on your team is OHKO'ed by it, with the possible exception of Jirachi. Scarf Infernape will also rip your team to shreds.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Nice Team, TZ!

However, it looks like powerful fighting types might give this team a headache. Starmie and Deoxys-S, the only ones who resist it, are too frail to switch into them really. Maybe a Ghost Type would help.

Other than that, nice work
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    Watch out for Scarf Terrakion. Individually, everything on your team is OHKO'ed by it, with the possible exception of Jirachi. Scarf Infernape will also rip your team to shreds.
    Yeah, you guys are right. Strong fighting types are giving me troube, scarf terakion in particular. Any ideas on how to stop it/them?
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

You could try using Jellicent somewhere. I can't tell you what set to use or what to replace, but it could help you with those fighting-types.

Just a suggestion...
    I know how to call chickens! Scootaloo!! Scoot-Scootalooo!!!
    -----
    Check me out on YouTube! I upload Pokemon battles and the like!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Brendanrocks43?feature=mhee
    Also, I'm on DeviantART. I do requests!
    http://zaikersonic42.deviantart.com/

Yeah, I'm thinking of replacing Blissey with Jellicent or Slowbro, both will soak up fighting hits nicely, and slowbro's a great phsyical wall anyway. The only problem then is the lack of a cleric.
    Last edited by Triple Z; 4th December 2011 at 9:57 PM.
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

I tend to cope quite well without a cleric on most of my teams, so I certanly say it's worth trying out.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Z View Post

Oh yeah, Blissey. How the hell did I forget Blissey. Must have had cows on the mind. Ah well, I'm testing that now, I have a feeling it'll be better. Sorry Miltank! Moo

Hmmm... Care to elaborate?
    Its good for steels that come in on an outrage, plus after zone goes down, dnite get walled like crazy by Skarm, Ferro, etc.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Its good for steels that come in on an outrage, plus after zone goes down, dnite get walled like crazy by Skarm, Ferro, etc.
    Well, unless I play really bad, Magnezone won't die until all steels have been eliminated, or at the very least, weakened. That's how I normally play, and I rarely have any issues.
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

Here's something I dreamnt up to help deal with your problems:

Celebi @ Leftovers/That Berry that reduces Bug Move power
    Natural Cure
    Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Moves:
    - Calm Mind
    - Giga Drain
    - Psyshock
    - Heal Bell

Phsyically defensive celebi, to absorb Terrakion and other fighting types physical attacks like they worth nothing. CM makes sure that the random defensive investment isn't for nothing, as it allows Celebi to boost its Special Defense as well. Giga Drain + Psyshock are reliable STABs which'll hit hard after a few CMs. Giga Drain has the advantage of healing and psyshock hits special walls hard. You'll have to watch out for Terrakion's X-scissor though, which is what the option for 'That Berry that reduces Bug Move power' is for.

Hope this helps!

Ice Cold Fire

Looks good, Ninja D. I'll try it out.

But that does make four psychic types on the team, which is perhaps a little too much. Should I replace Starmie with another spinner?
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

If you're having issues w/ Terrakion, I'd also suggest Gliscor.

BTW, you should rethink Jirachi's nature. If you want to stick with that set, at least pick an Impish nature so his Iron Head hurts a little more.
    FC: 5157 5642 0609

*facepalm* That'd be me putting in the wrong nature.

Surprised that no-one's noticed that until now actually.... XD

As for Terrakion, that's what ND's Celebi is for (I'll get round to testing it tomorrow)

My current issue is whether to replace Starmie or not.
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

BTW, Deoxys-S is banned.

Damn it, that's annoying, considering my team practically revolves around him!

Any ideas for a good replacement?
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

At least, on Smogon. Scarf Terrakion or Scarf Landorus would be a good replacement, seeing as Deo-S looked like your revenge killer.

On your Magnezone remove the Charge Beam and put Toxic it would be much better as after you use Toxic and then use Thunderbolt Hidden power or Thunder Bolt the damage would be a bit more because of toxic i hope that works
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/4r96o6.jpg[/IMG]

Gen5 FC- 4942 7725 4322
    Gen4 FC 0175 3995 8950

[link name=My Shop]http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=552176[/link]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast