Page 173 of 224 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 5600

Thread: Scenes we would like to see

  1. #4301
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Scene I would like to see:

    Ash v/s Paul RematcH

    Infernape v/s Electivire (a symbol that the battle from earlier was only the beginning): Nape and Vire exchange Flareblitzes and Wild Charges. Nape goes to Blaze stage, but with a combination of Protect and Thunder, Paul makes a special strategy only to beat blaze. But things end up otherwise and Nape still defeats Evire and ends up fainting immediately

    Then the battle should go as follows

    Samurott v/s Weavile-- Weavile switched out

    Samurott v/s Torterra-- Samurott switches out.

    Snorlax v/s Torterra-- Torterra switches out after severe damage from Ice Punch

    Snorlax v/s Magmortar-- Snorlax burned and switched out

    Scrafy v/s Magmortar-- Scrafty is burned and switched out (super hax:X)

    Samurott v/s Magmortar-- Magmortar switches out after a surprise thunderbolt

    Samurott v/s Ursaring-- Ursaring (poor Samurott)

    Snorlax V/s Ursaring-- Battle of the super strong normal types--Snorlax (after taking impossible number of Hammer Arms)

    Snorlax V/s Drapion-- Drapion defeats Snorlax while it tries to rest

    Krookodile V/s Drapion-- Krookodile switched out after poisoning and direct hit from Pin Missile

    Scrafty v/s Drapion-- Scrafty reveals its ability shed skin and proves to be a true counter to Drapion.-- Scrafty

    Scrafty v/ Torterra-- Continent boss ends it with a bang, frenzy plant and switched out immediately--Torterra

    Sceptile v/s Weavile-- Weavile shows its the boss when it comes to speed and forces ash to switch out

    Krookodile v/s Weavile-- Stone Edge proves fatal to Weavile but Krookodile is extremely damaged too

    Krookodile v/s Torterra- Duh

    Sceptile V/s Torterra-- Overgrow leaf blade v/s overgrow frenzy plant--GG (you can decide who wins)

    This battle is different from the kind of rematches others expect cos--this IMO should happen when Ash wants to show off some of his Unova Pokemon and then decides to use a balanced team instead.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  2. #4302
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    I may be biased since sceptile took down darkrai but sceptile cuts through the plants and end by smashing torterras skull in like garchomp did with brick break.

  3. #4303
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,480

    Default

    Sceptile didn't exactly do that alone though. Heracross and Gible landed a couple of vital hits, just leaving Sceptile to finish it.. unlike Pikachu and Charizard who single handedly landed the hits to take down Articuno, Regice and Latios.

    While I think Sceptile could stand up quite well against Paul's Torterra, I doubt it could do much more than Gliscor did.. I still think that only Pikachu or Charizard would have the power necessary to take it down, since he's had them as long as Paul has had Torterra.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  4. #4304
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Sceptile didn't exactly do that alone though. Heracross and Gible landed a couple of vital hits, just leaving Sceptile to finish it.. unlike Pikachu and Charizard who single handedly landed the hits to take down Articuno, Regice and Latios.

    While I think Sceptile could stand up quite well against Paul's Torterra, I doubt it could do much more than Gliscor did.. I still think that only Pikachu or Charizard would have the power necessary to take it down, since he's had them as long as Paul has had Torterra.
    who knows i think Infernape can take his torterra

  5. #4305
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    who knows i think Infernape can take his torterra
    Same here. I don't really think it matters how long Paul had his Torterra. Torterra isn't even Paul's strongest pokemon.

  6. #4306
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    who knows i think Infernape can take his torterra
    if Ash was smarter and taught his infernape moves like close combat and stone edge infernape would 6-0 paul,.

  7. #4307
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I'm not sure about that.

  8. #4308
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    if Ash was smarter and taught his infernape moves like close combat and stone edge infernape would 6-0 paul,.
    Maybe so. I was really expecting his Infernape to learn Close Combat.

  9. #4309
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    But Mach Punch looks cooler and Staraptor already had Close Combat.

  10. #4310
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Maybe so. I was really expecting his Infernape to learn Close Combat.
    I wasn't what with Staraptor knowing it

  11. #4311
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    I want to see by the end of 5th generation:

    Oshawott evolving to Samurott
    Scraggy evolving to Scrafty
    Boldore evolving to Gigalith
    Axew evolving to Fraxure at least
    Cilan getting a new Pokemon
    TR evolving their Pokemon

  12. #4312
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    But Mach Punch looks cooler and Staraptor already had Close Combat.
    I prefer Close Combat's animation, then Mach Punch's.

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I wasn't what with Staraptor knowing it
    Back then, I didn't know Pokemon should share the same moves.

  13. #4313
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    More Team Rocket arcs like Stopping the rage of the legends and The restoration confrontation. I really hope the Meloetta arc isn't the end of them

  14. #4314
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Sceptile didn't exactly do that alone though. Heracross and Gible landed a couple of vital hits, just leaving Sceptile to finish it.. unlike Pikachu and Charizard who single handedly landed the hits to take down Articuno, Regice and Latios.

    While I think Sceptile could stand up quite well against Paul's Torterra, I doubt it could do much more than Gliscor did.. I still think that only Pikachu or Charizard would have the power necessary to take it down, since he's had them as long as Paul has had Torterra.

    Darkrai recovered most damage it took from Heracross with Dream Eater....and even if it didn't (I am not sure if it did) one can say Darkrai is way beyond Articuno or Regice because Darkrai actually soloed all its way through the eight gyms, and till the semi finals and even the finals. I say Sceptile is in the same league as Pikachu(in its supreme level) if not Charizard.

    @other posts Infernape is overhyped, if not for blaze Infernape isn't the same uber strong Pokemon people make it out to be. Plus Blaze according to the anime has a limitation, it will remain for a very short period and any damage it takes after it gets into Blaze will be fatal for Infernape.

    Infernape will not 6-0 even if it learns stone edge or Close Combat. It won't even defeat one of Paul's Pokemon if Paul makes a counter strategy for it.

    Besides comparing anime sets with the competitive metagame sets is sheer stupidity. Because it is a game where everything is idealized. In the anime world where many practical things like training Pokemon from their basic stage come into play, and EV system is a big joke in the anime world.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  15. #4315
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    That would really annoy me. Mew is just one of those Pokemon that should not be in captivity, along with the other higher legendaries.. It's known as the ancestor of all Pokemon and that would therefore make it seem really disrespectful for one to be used by a trainer..

    The lesser legendaries like the Lati's, birds, beasts, etc. are the only ones i would feel comfortable seeing under a persons ownership. But hey ho, to each their own..
    For the sake of this argument (meaning don't take it realistically serious. But isn't that kind of being ignorant of Mew's feelings.

    We can say "NO MEW, DO NOT BE CAPTURED." But that's ignoring the possibility that there is a Mew out there that's similar to "Tepig" a Pokémon that chooses to be with a trainer. And do "we" really have the right to say "no" to Mew if it wants be "captured."

    As for Higher Legendaries, I'd have to see "anime-wise" a trainer, even a Pokémon master be able to take on an "uber powerful 660-720 BST" legendary and actually knock it out, to even be able to capture it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Sceptile didn't exactly do that alone though. Heracross and Gible landed a couple of vital hits, just leaving Sceptile to finish it.. unlike Pikachu and Charizard who single handedly landed the hits to take down Articuno, Regice and Latios.

    While I think Sceptile could stand up quite well against Paul's Torterra, I doubt it could do much more than Gliscor did.. I still think that only Pikachu or Charizard would have the power necessary to take it down, since he's had them as long as Paul has had Torterra.
    Paul's Torterra vs Ash's Pikachu? Pikachu winning?

    No.

    I strongly believe Pikachu should never beat fully evolved (and potentially powerful" ground type Pokémon, unless they were neutral to tackle and iron tail or at least iron tail being super effective.

    Until Pikachu gets a decent move that covers rock/ground/steel in doing either neutral/super effective like a powerful water type attack then it should always lose to the Steelix's or the Torterra's of the Pokémon world.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 1st October 2012 at 8:41 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  16. #4316
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Then Pikachu should learn Grass Knot to get more realistic victories against griund-types.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  17. #4317
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Then Pikachu should learn Grass Knot to get more realistic victories against griund-types.
    Only problem is grass knot given that in-anime it is used to "trip" the Pokémon, it wouldn't work as a decent reliable attack.

    What Pikachu's type coverage in moves should be:

    Electric
    Electric
    Fighting
    Water

    Sadly it lacks in decent for Ash's Pikachu moves of those type. Pikachu would need some kind of quick attack version of the fighting or water type, while the other move would be a fairly powerful attack.

    Shame Pikachu can't learn aqua jet, it would've been a great replacement to quick attack. Now I just have to hope that next generation offers an identical fighting type quick attack (tackles the opponent but is of the fighting type, and has +1 speed priority), and a water type move that involves the tail that any Pokémon with a tail can learn that both moves can be learned by Pikachu.

    It is a shame that all Pokémon with tails can't learn Aqua Tail just most water Pokémon and some odd balls (like Gliscor/Rhyperior/Krookodile).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  18. #4318
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I strongly believe Pikachu should never beat fully evolved (and potentially powerful" ground type Pokémon, unless they were neutral to tackle and iron tail or at least iron tail being super effective.

    Until Pikachu gets a decent move that covers rock/ground/steel in doing either neutral/super effective like a powerful water type attack then it should always lose to the Steelix's or the Torterra's of the Pokémon world.
    Torterra is neutral to Iron Tail and Quick Attack. There are many strategies Ash can use to beat Torterra. Pikachu can use extremely fast quick attacks and knock Torterra's feet. And when a perfect opportunity comes smash a Iron tail on its weak point, its head. A Iron Tail from Ash's Pikachu which smashed Excadrill into the ground can easily smash Torterra's face into the ground. Meanwhile Torterra itself will have hard time hitting Pikachu with any move.

    Frenzy Plant is dodged by Quick Attack (remember how Pikachu dodged the splinters raised by Thunder) Stone Edge won't hit Pikachu if Pikachu gets below Torterra, same goes to crunch, Giga Drain, and Hyper Beam.

    But however even the almighty Pikachu won't be able to dodge everything, so there's a chance Pikachu might be caught in Torterra's momentum. But one thing can be said for sure, Pikachu has definitely a good chance to win.

    But I will agree with you and say pikachus houldn't win against Steelix, Swampert, Excadrill, Quagsire and Gastrodon. Even the writers never let Pikachu win against these Pokemon. Remember that Pikachu lost to Morrison's Steelix, Jasmine's Steelix and Iris' Excadrill.

    Also Pokemon isn't just about types..at least the anime. Also Aqua Jet and Grass Knot will do worse against Torterra than Iron Tail.


    I say, the current move set of Two Electrics, quick Attack and a steel type is the best line up for Pikachu
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 1st October 2012 at 9:43 AM.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  19. #4319
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Also Pokemon isn't just about types..at least the anime. Also Aqua Jet and Grass Knot will do worse against Torterra than Iron Tail.
    You do realize that Grass Knot has a 120 BP when used against Torterra and that Torterra takes neutral damage and compare that to the 70 BP of a neutral damage iron tail.

    At max level, max attack, max defense that max damage Grass knot will do 76 or 78 (I can't remember which) damage while iron tail will only do 56 damage.

    Not to mention Torterra's SP defense is significantly lower than it's defense which makes the difference in Pikachu's attack and sp attack negligible in that Pikachu should always be able to do more damage to Torterra using sp attack moves than attack moves even though Pikachu's attack stat is higher than its special attack said.

    All this is why I can't take your post seriously or even remotely agree with it. Sure Iron tail is stronger than Aqua Jet, but Aqua Jet would replace quick attack (not iron tail), since they have the same attack strength of (40) it should be able to do the same amount of damage to Torterra.

    I also strongly disagree, and I cannot stress how strongly I disagree with the sentiment that Pikachu's moveset is "fine." First off Fighting types will ALWAYS be superior to steel types moves since fighting is super effective of all the types steel is super effective and more, the only advantage a steel type move has over fighting type moves is that at least steel types will hit ghost Pokémon, the only problem is that sure Pikachu if it had electric, electric, quick attack, fighting that it be completely useless against a ground/ghost, but I expect a fighting type move to replace quick attack assuming it is a variant of quick attack seeing as how normal and fighting are both useless against ghost Pokémon (and fighting gives Pikachu a large cover range, even being able to take on steel/ground Pokémon) while Iron tail is replaced by a water type move preferably of the same strength if not better than Iron tail.

    So an electric type move, a 2nd electric type move, a fighting type quick attack move, and an "aqua tail" like attack will always be far superior to what Pikachu currently has.

    I've always believed a Pokémon should have a four move moveset where nothing could fully resist it. I don't like how Pikachu is pretty much useless against ghost/ground (or ground/ghost) Pokémon, Scraggy is worse off, but that's just plainly because it has normal and fighting type moves. At least a non ground ghost Pokémon could take damage from Pikachu's electric attacks, so in that sense Scraggy is it had a move that could effect a ghost type (a non electric Pokémon) would probably be better off that Pikachu, assuming said move is stronger than Iron tail.

    Plus on top of that only have 2 moves and even only one neutral or resisted move is horrible. A Pokémon should always have at least two neutral or resisted attacks for all type combinations of Pokémon. No one should have most of their moves be immune to certain type combinations of Pokémon. For example Pikachu should not have 2 electric and 1 normal type moves, since a ghost/ground or ground/ghost Pokémon makes those 3 moves useless.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  20. #4320
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    You do realize that Grass Knot has a 120 BP when used against Torterra and that Torterra takes neutral damage and compare that to the 70 BP of a neutral damage iron tail.

    At max level, max attack, max defense that max damage Grass knot will do 76 or 78 (I can't remember which) damage while iron tail will only do 56 damage.

    Not to mention Torterra's SP defense is significantly lower than it's defense which makes the difference in Pikachu's attack and sp attack negligible in that Pikachu should always be able to do more damage to Torterra using sp attack moves than attack moves even though Pikachu's attack stat is higher than its special attack said.

    All this is why I can't take your post seriously or even remotely agree with it. Sure Iron tail is stronger than Aqua Jet, but Aqua Jet would replace quick attack (not iron tail), since they have the same attack strength of (40) it should be able to do the same amount of damage to Torterra.

    I also strongly disagree, and I cannot stress how strongly I disagree with the sentiment that Pikachu's moveset is "fine." First off Fighting types will ALWAYS be superior to steel types moves since fighting is super effective of all the types steel is super effective and more, the only advantage a steel type move has over fighting type moves is that at least steel types will hit ghost Pokémon, the only problem is that sure Pikachu if it had electric, electric, quick attack, fighting that it be completely useless against a ground/ghost, but I expect a fighting type move to replace quick attack assuming it is a variant of quick attack seeing as how normal and fighting are both useless against ghost Pokémon (and fighting gives Pikachu a large cover range, even being able to take on steel/ground Pokémon) while Iron tail is replaced by a water type move preferably of the same strength if not better than Iron tail.

    So an electric type move, a 2nd electric type move, a fighting type quick attack move, and an "aqua tail" like attack will always be far superior to what Pikachu currently has.

    I've always believed a Pokémon should have a four move moveset where nothing could fully resist it. I don't like how Pikachu is pretty much useless against ghost/ground (or ground/ghost) Pokémon, Scraggy is worse off, but that's just plainly because it has normal and fighting type moves. At least a non ground ghost Pokémon could take damage from Pikachu's electric attacks, so in that sense Scraggy is it had a move that could effect a ghost type (a non electric Pokémon) would probably be better off that Pikachu, assuming said move is stronger than Iron tail.

    Plus on top of that only have 2 moves and even only one neutral or resisted move is horrible. A Pokémon should always have at least two neutral or resisted attacks for all type combinations of Pokémon. No one should have most of their moves be immune to certain type combinations of Pokémon. For example Pikachu should not have 2 electric and 1 normal type moves, since a ghost/ground or ground/ghost Pokémon makes those 3 moves useless.
    First of all, how do you think Grass Knot will actually be effective on a immobile Pokemon? It doesn't. You keep confusing between the game and the anime. Do you know whats the best set for Pikachu if I go game wise? Thunder bolt/ Surf/ Grass Knot...but why do you think the writers don't use a set like this? Because it isn't realistic.

    I am not saying the anime is realistic or something but what you wanted is implausible even by anime standards

    The fact that you have actually bothered to calculate the damage done by Grass Knot speaks volumes. Secondly, theres the style factor. So what do you think is better a move like Grass Knot which involves just sitting and watching your opponent fall or a move like Iron Tail which actually exposes Pikachu's felxibility in movements, which is what seperates it from the other species. Type effectiveness, base powers are not the only thing you consider. Why do you think Pignite has Fire Pledge a move very strong in anime, when in reality it is a weak move.

    The fundamental mistake you are making in assuming Quick Attack is better than Aqua Jet is 1) You should not forget that it limits the moves that Ash's water types can learn. We all know what happened to Roggernola's Stone Edge when he caught Krokorok/ Waruvile. 2) You assume that Pikachu battles a ground type in every episode while in reality the situation is very rare (like in Pikachu V/s Excadrill)

    The same applies to the fighting type move. If you see Pikachu's design you will realize that it is not suited for close combats involving fists. Which means Brick Break or let's say (for fun) Close Combat. you must understand that Pikachu's physique is not suited for attacks that involves its fist.

    BUT-- If Pikachu could learn Focus Blast, then you may have a valid point.

    In the second half of your post you say that a fighting quick attack and a Aqua Tail is more suited for Pikachu. I agree with it, but does Pikachu learn any of those moves? No. Then the discussion is moot.

    Also, perfect coverage is impossible for any anime Pokemon. Because in the anime, the writers mostly focus on giving it the level up moves with one or two moves being TMs because it makes you connect with the in game situation better.
    . Boldore, Paliptoad, Krookodile, being best examples.

    None of Ashs Pokemon ever used a move learnt by Breeding or by a Move Tutor (Gible and Charizard are exceptions). Which is precisely why Snivy and Pikachu won't learn Aqua Tail.

    The lack of Dark type moves for Scraggy can be explained by the fact that Krookodile knoes Crunch, so the same won't be used by Scraggy. In future we may expect Dark Pulse but that's about it. The same goes to Leavanny and Leaf Blade.

    You must understand that this is fiction. If the writers want Ash to win they'll pit him against a Pokemon against which all of Pikachu's move work. If they want him to lose they will put it against Steelix or Excadrill. That's how the anime works.

    You must understand that Ash is no Smogonite and the Pokemon League is no SPL. He is a n00b in the eyes of competitive battlers, but he is very good by anime standards. Which is why the current move set is "fine".

    Thank you.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  21. #4321
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Part 2 of a 3 part idea

    After saying goodbye to Iris and travelling to Kanto via boat Ash, Cilan & Trip eventually arrive at Oaks lab. Ash introduces Trip to Oak and says Trip is challenging the Kanto League but needs somewhere to store his pokemon, as its difficult to transfer between Kanto & Unova. Oak agrees and offers to show Trip the Kanto starters. Trip is impressed, which gives Ash an idea and he runs off to make some calls.

    The next day Ash and Trip prepare for a full battle.

    Tauros vs Vanilluxe - Vanilluxe
    Squirtle vs Vanilluxe - Squirtle
    Squirtle vs Conkeldurr - Conkeldurr
    Bulbasaur vs Conkeldurr - Bulbasaur
    Bulbasaur vs Chandelure - Chandelure
    Kingler vs Chandelure - Kingler
    Kingler vs Jellicent - Tie
    Muk vs Unfezant - Muk
    Muk vs Serperior - Serperior
    Charizard vs Serperior - Charizard

    Trip is quite interested in Ashs Kanto team and expresses interest in capturing some of them himself.

    Trip then sets off on his journey, with Ash telling him to goto the Pewter and Cerulean Gyms if he wants a challange

  22. #4322
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    I'd like to see Ash battle Virgil in his episode before the league...
    Maybe Palpitoad VS Vaporeon?

  23. #4323
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I'd like to see Ash battle Virgil in his episode before the league...
    Maybe Palpitoad VS Vaporeon?
    Unfortunately I don't think there's time. I don't see a battle in Virgils debut and I'm betting the league starts pretty much right after that.

  24. #4324
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    First of all, how do you think Grass Knot will actually be effective on a immobile Pokemon?
    I'm pretty sure I already argued this in an agreeable sense, I'm just saying that your wrong that Grass Knot would do less damage than Iron tail. Perhaps anime wise, sure grass knot wouldn't work. But then again somehow in game even though the Pokémon stand still (though not rigidly, they can still dance in place) the entire time except to attack, grass knot still works.

    I am not saying the anime is realistic or something but what you wanted is implausible even by anime standards
    Which is why my final ideal moveset for Pikachu did not include grass knot.

    The fact that you have actually bothered to calculate the damage done by Grass Knot speaks volumes.
    I only calculated it because I knew there was something wrong with the whole "Iron tail does more damage than grass knot" Although I suppose your statement "could do worse" actually implies something other than damage.

    Secondly, theres the style factor. So what do you think is better a move like Grass Knot which involves just sitting and watching your opponent fall or a move like Iron Tail which actually exposes Pikachu's felxibility in movements, which is what seperates it from the other species. Type effectiveness, base powers are not the only thing you consider. Why do you think Pignite has Fire Pledge a move very strong in anime, when in reality it is a weak move.
    Then why argue Iron tail is better than aqua jet in the sense that iron tail does more damage, if base power means nothing.

    The fundamental mistake you are making in assuming Quick Attack is better than Aqua Jet is 1) You should not forget that it limits the moves that Ash's water types can learn. We all know what happened to Roggernola's Stone Edge when he caught Krokorok/ Waruvile.
    And yet in DP both Gible and Infernape knew dig, and Iris's Excadrill knows Dig like

    2) You assume that Pikachu battles a ground type in every episode while in reality the situation is very rare (like in Pikachu V/s Excadrill)
    Normal type moves are a hair worse than water types. Normal types moves are resisted by rock and steel and is completely ineffective against ghost types. Water types are merely resisted by dragon, water, and grass types, and nothing is completely immune to water except Pokémon with "storm drain" but there are more ghost types than Pokémon with storm drain.

    The same applies to the fighting type move. If you see Pikachu's design you will realize that it is not suited for close combats involving fists. Which means Brick Break or let's say (for fun) Close Combat. you must understand that Pikachu's physique is not suited for attacks that involves its fist.
    You misunderstand, when I say fighting type quick attack, I mean fighting type quick attack, that is ENTIRELY a carbon copy of quick attack that just glows in a different aura. So therefore it wouldn't be using it's fist, but hypothetically speaking there would be NO difference in a fighting type move using it's tail and Iron tail.

    Right now, none of my ideal moves exist.

    BUT-- If Pikachu could learn Focus Blast, then you may have a valid point.
    Sure if Focus Blast could be used like electro ball, but I fail to see how that has anything to do with my argument.

    In the second half of your post you say that a fighting quick attack and a Aqua Tail is more suited for Pikachu. I agree with it, but does Pikachu learn any of those moves? No. Then the discussion is moot.
    I see what you did. But I was of course speaking hypothetically, so no my discussion is not moot, since the entirety of my posts were speaking hypothetically. What Pikachu has is probably the best it has to offer. Except maybe brick break that could be used as an iron tail of sorts, but that would get rid of Pikachu's only real defense against ghost Pokémon (especially ghost/ground ground/ghost Pokémon) so that's not really a suitable option. And Quick attack can be replaced by a quick attack variant, so no chance there of having quick attack be replaced with brick break.

    Also, perfect coverage is impossible for any anime Pokemon. Because in the anime, the writers mostly focus on giving it the level up moves with one or two moves being TMs because it makes you connect with the in game situation better.
    I'm not talking about perfect coverage, what I'm saying is no matter the type combinations of Pokémon no Pokémon should have a majority (75%) of it's possible moves be completely immune to a certain Pokémon type combinations (which is why I hate that Scraggy is completely useless against ghost types). I'll accept a majority of moves being immune if abilities make it like that, like Gastrodon with storm drain being immune to both ground and water, and have it be completely immune to Palpitoad for example.

    Or by a Move Tutor (Gible and Charizard are exceptions). Which is precisely why Snivy and Pikachu won't learn Aqua Tail.
    You do realize how false that is, right?

    Krookodile can not naturally learn stone edge without it being a move tutor. Most of Ash's flying Pokémon cannot naturally learn aerial ace, even if they don't know it. Unfezant for example can not naturally learn aerial ace but knows it (only Swellow and Staraptor could've learned it naturally). And Quilava knows the move as well. Scraggy can not naturally learn focus blast. And don't think those are the only example. I have no desire to spend an hour or two going through everyone of Ash's Pokémon and showing move tutor only moves.


    You must understand that this is fiction. If the writers want Ash to win they'll pit him against a Pokemon against which all of Pikachu's move work. If they want him to lose they will put it against Steelix or Excadrill. That's how the anime works.
    And just because they can do something doesn't mean they should do it, especially if they do it in a sloppy manner.

    You must understand that Ash is no Smogonite and the Pokemon League is no SPL. He is a n00b in the eyes of competitive battlers, but he is very good by anime standards. Which is why the current move set is "fine".
    I'm not talking about being a smogonite, what I'm saying is most Pokémon's movesets in the anime, is boring, not creative, and bland.

    Snivy has 3 grass types and 1 normal type move. Just like Oshawott and Pignite (except instead of grass it's water and fire type move respectively). Even Leavanny has more grass type moves than it should
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #4325
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    569

    Default

    I would honestly like to see Ash catch Meloetta, or likely her join him of her own volition.

Page 173 of 224 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •