Page 174 of 224 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5600

Thread: Scenes we would like to see

Ash getting stuck in victory road and requiring virigl to rescue him.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I already argued this in an agreeable sense, I'm just saying that your wrong that Grass Knot would do less damage than Iron tail. Perhaps anime wise, sure grass knot wouldn't work. But then again somehow in game even though the Pokémon stand still (though not rigidly, they can still dance in place) the entire time except to attack, grass knot still works.

Which is why my final ideal moveset for Pikachu did not include grass knot.

I only calculated it because I knew there was something wrong with the whole "Iron tail does more damage than grass knot" Although I suppose your statement "could do worse" actually implies something other than damage.

Then why argue Iron tail is better than aqua jet in the sense that iron tail does more damage, if base power means nothing.

And yet in DP both Gible and Infernape knew dig, and Iris's Excadrill knows Dig like

Normal type moves are a hair worse than water types. Normal types moves are resisted by rock and steel and is completely ineffective against ghost types. Water types are merely resisted by dragon, water, and grass types, and nothing is completely immune to water except Pokémon with "storm drain" but there are more ghost types than Pokémon with storm drain.

You misunderstand, when I say fighting type quick attack, I mean fighting type quick attack, that is ENTIRELY a carbon copy of quick attack that just glows in a different aura. So therefore it wouldn't be using it's fist, but hypothetically speaking there would be NO difference in a fighting type move using it's tail and Iron tail.

Right now, none of my ideal moves exist.

Sure if Focus Blast could be used like electro ball, but I fail to see how that has anything to do with my argument.

I see what you did. But I was of course speaking hypothetically, so no my discussion is not moot, since the entirety of my posts were speaking hypothetically. What Pikachu has is probably the best it has to offer. Except maybe brick break that could be used as an iron tail of sorts, but that would get rid of Pikachu's only real defense against ghost Pokémon (especially ghost/ground ground/ghost Pokémon) so that's not really a suitable option. And Quick attack can be replaced by a quick attack variant, so no chance there of having quick attack be replaced with brick break.

I'm not talking about perfect coverage, what I'm saying is no matter the type combinations of Pokémon no Pokémon should have a majority (75%) of it's possible moves be completely immune to a certain Pokémon type combinations (which is why I hate that Scraggy is completely useless against ghost types). I'll accept a majority of moves being immune if abilities make it like that, like Gastrodon with storm drain being immune to both ground and water, and have it be completely immune to Palpitoad for example.

You do realize how false that is, right?

Krookodile can not naturally learn stone edge without it being a move tutor. Most of Ash's flying Pokémon cannot naturally learn aerial ace, even if they don't know it. Unfezant for example can not naturally learn aerial ace but knows it (only Swellow and Staraptor could've learned it naturally). And Quilava knows the move as well. Scraggy can not naturally learn focus blast. And don't think those are the only example. I have no desire to spend an hour or two going through everyone of Ash's Pokémon and showing move tutor only moves.

And just because they can do something doesn't mean they should do it, especially if they do it in a sloppy manner.

I'm not talking about being a smogonite, what I'm saying is most Pokémon's movesets in the anime, is boring, not creative, and bland.

Snivy has 3 grass types and 1 normal type move. Just like Oshawott and Pignite (except instead of grass it's water and fire type move respectively). Even Leavanny has more grass type moves than it should
    I am sorry but I am talking this in a anime only situation. Which is why I said Iron tail is better than Grass Knot. Any further discussion on this is unnecessary because the both of us have agreed that Grass knot is a useless move.

I said type effectiveness, base power are not the only criteria for deciding how effective a move is.....

Besides the argument was Aqua Jet v/s Quick Attack

Name me any other example where two of Ash's Pokemon share the same move, in contemporary situations. (Like don't raise Quilava and Pignite) In Best wishes no two of Ash's Pokemon share the same move. If they do, the other Pokemon auto loses the move. It is an established fact.

I say the same thing again: Just how often does Ash face a ghost, a steel, and a Pokemon with storm drain!

Shall we put the discussion to existing moves? Because I can create about hundred moves in my brain and I can't shove all of them on you

But you did say they need perfect coverage.

What I said is not false..what I said was As's Pokemon learn only level-up and TM moves. So Focus Blast, Dig, Stone Edge all come under that. An example for something contradicting what i said is Pignite' fire pledge and Gible's Draco Meteor.... but there's nothing else!

It is not as sloppy as it sounds to be. In fact we have all been experiencing it till now. Very few have actually complained.

I am actually a fan of the animations of most moves Ash's Pokemon use.

Boldore for example: I like the way it uses Rock Blast and flash canon.

Snivy's poor moveset is owing to its poor level up moveset and the limited TM moveset.

But I will agree with you a bit and say teaching Oshawott Ice Beam, Pignite Arm thrust would be better. In fact my only disagreement with you was Pikachu's moveset. And our argument was actually pointless because you and I were talking in different contexts!

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I say the same thing again: Just how often does Ash face a ghost, a steel, and a Pokemon with storm drain!
    I don't see how it matters, the point is if the writers wanted to, they could easily have a Golurk be Ash's final opponent Pokémon, while Pikachu is his last Pokémon and the intention is for Ash to win (Pikachu should never beat Golurk because Iron tail is the only effective move). It's always better to be prepared even if the writers are the ones who decide the match ups.

But you did say they need perfect coverage.
    No I didn't. If anything I said "more ideal coverage" not all Pokémon can ever have perfect type coverage because they can only have four moves. What you would need is fighting type and a dragon type to cover most types. But even that that ignores a steel/ghost type Pokémon that could exist, so you would need at least 3 Pokémon type moves, in this case, ground seems appropriate (however than what if there was a flying/steel type Pokémon, so you would need a fire or electric type. So like I said it's incredibly hard to get perfect coverage. You need to find a combination of the 4 most neutral typed moves which covers all 17 types. But this couldn't apply to Pikachu any way, so no point in discussing it.

What I said is not false..what I said was As's Pokemon learn only level-up and TM moves. So Focus Blast, Dig, Stone Edge all come under that. An example for something contradicting what i said is Pignite' fire pledge and Gible's Draco Meteor.... but there's nothing else!
    SORRY, no really, I am sorry, my brain got confused and though TM's were the equivalent of move tutor moves.

It is not as sloppy as it sounds to be. In fact we have all been experiencing it till now. Very few have actually complained.
    By sloppy I mean expecting us to believe that Pikachu could ever realistically beat an Excadrill with only quick attack and iron tail, or Pikachu could ever realistically defeat a Golurk with just iron tail.

Snivy's poor moveset is owing to its poor level up moveset and the limited TM moveset.
    I do fail to see why Snivy couldn't learn Aqua tail even if it is a move tutor however, it's not like Oshawott will or SHOULD learn Aqua tail, Krookodile can also learn aqua tail, but Snivy would benefit.

And I don't see a problem with egg moves.

However "gun to my head" I'd be more willing to believe a Pokémon magically learning move tutor moves over egg moves. Even though I think those who believe Pokémon shouldn't learn egg moves, are merely being petty as anime=/=games therefore I don't care how hard and long it took "you" to get your Elekid with a cross chop. Doesn't mean that Ash's hypothetical Electivire can't magically learn cross chop.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't see how it matters, the point is if the writers wanted to, they could easily have a Golurk be Ash's final opponent Pokémon, while Pikachu is his last Pokémon and the intention is for Ash to win (Pikachu should never beat Golurk because Iron tail is the only effective move). It's always better to be prepared even if the writers are the ones who decide the match ups.

No I didn't. If anything I said "more ideal coverage" not all Pokémon can ever have perfect type coverage because they can only have four moves. What you would need is fighting type and a dragon type to cover most types. But even that that ignores a steel/ghost type Pokémon that could exist, so you would need at least 3 Pokémon type moves, in this case, ground seems appropriate (however than what if there was a flying/steel type Pokémon, so you would need a fire or electric type. So like I said it's incredibly hard to get perfect coverage. You need to find a combination of the 4 most neutral typed moves which covers all 17 types. But this couldn't apply to Pikachu any way, so no point in discussing it.

SORRY, no really, I am sorry, my brain got confused and though TM's were the equivalent of move tutor moves.

By sloppy I mean expecting us to believe that Pikachu could ever realistically beat an Excadrill with only quick attack and iron tail, or Pikachu could ever realistically defeat a Golurk with just iron tail.

I do fail to see why Snivy couldn't learn Aqua tail even if it is a move tutor however, it's not like Oshawott will or SHOULD learn Aqua tail, Krookodile can also learn aqua tail, but Snivy would benefit.

And I don't see a problem with egg moves.

However "gun to my head" I'd be more willing to believe a Pokémon magically learning move tutor moves over egg moves. Even though I think those who believe Pokémon shouldn't learn egg moves, are merely being petty as anime=/=games therefore I don't care how hard and long it took "you" to get your Elekid with a cross chop. Doesn't mean that Ash's hypothetical Electivire can't magically learn cross chop.
    The writers can choose to put Pikachu against Excadrill or Golurk. Yes, and Pikachu won't have a realistic chance to win...again a yes. That is exactly what we can say a "cornered" situation. A Pikachu that knows Aqua Tail has a chance to win...but what about the current Piakchu? very less. This is what makes the battle even more exciting.It forces Ash to do something out of the box. Like combining Quick Attack with Iron Tail to create a new Quick Tail and sets him apart from other trainers.. I think that kind of a imagination is more fun to watch. But of course in a Scraggy v/s Ghost type situation something like that isnt possible...so it wont happen altogether.

There is no rigid rule that Snivy can't learn Aqua Tail. In fact a lot of characters other than Ash teach Egg and move tutor moves. (Pauls Honchkrow and Sky Attack) But it is a tradition that the writers are following...so it won't happen!

But I agree Aqua Tail on Snivy is really a good choice and will actually be more fun to watch it learn the move(like Buizel and Ice Punch)

<--My tumblr

\

Pikachu, as a species, being able to learn Focus Blast.. Then Pikachu re-acquiring Volt Tackle and making it a more reliable move, ditching Quick Attack and Electro Ball, then obviously learning Focus Blast to give it a moveset of:

Thunderbolt
    Iron Tail
    Focus Blast
    Volt Tackle

He'd still have a fast running move, along with a long ranged spherical attack, while keeping his signature Thunderbolt and Iron Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Pikachu, as a species, being able to learn Focus Blast.. Then Pikachu re-acquiring Volt Tackle and making it a more reliable move, ditching Quick Attack and Electro Ball, then obviously learning Focus Blast to give it a moveset of:

Thunderbolt
    Iron Tail
    Focus Blast
    Volt Tackle

He'd still have a fast running move, along with a long ranged spherical attack, while keeping his signature Thunderbolt and Iron Tail.
    No. Quick Attack stays and we are not dropping Electro Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    No. Quick Attack stays and we are not dropping Electro Ball
    I doubt Electro Ball is sticking around for long. Probably be ditched early next gen

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I doubt Electro Ball is sticking around for long. Probably be ditched early next gen
    I know, doubt Volt Tackle coming back.

I know, doubt Volt Tackle coming back.
    its not but no harm in speculating. That's what's this threads for

I was hoping Pikachu would have gotten Extremespeed as it would have been a logical upgrade. It's the only Pikachu-event move that would have made sense for Ash's Pikachu to get.

Surf? Fly? Sing? Teeter Dance? Not really.

I can see Pikachu's Electro Ball be replaced by some other special move later on in the next saga.

From the older moves I would have liked Signal Beam or maybe even Protect or Thunder Wave.
    Maybe even Grass Knot if it were animated differently than DP's.
        Spoiler:

Maybe a circular "wave" of vines appearing near the pokemon's feet. maybe even used as protection against some special attacks.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    its not but no harm in speculating. That's what's this threads for
    I know, then again, I never follow the four move rule, so it's never completely gone.

And since one episode confirmed her 1st blast off,

Ash blasting Burghady next during the league. or Iris or even Bianca sending her flying.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I was hoping Pikachu would have gotten Extremespeed as it would have been a logical upgrade. It's the only Pikachu-event move that would have made sense for Ash's Pikachu to get.

Surf? Fly? Sing? Teeter Dance? Not really.

I can see Pikachu's Electro Ball be replaced by some other special move later on in the next saga.

From the older moves I would have liked Signal Beam or maybe even Protect or Thunder Wave.
    Maybe even Grass Knot if it were animated differently than DP's.
        Spoiler:

Maybe a circular "wave" of vines appearing near the pokemon's feet. maybe even used as protection against some special attacks.
    Extreme speed would be a wonderful upgrade to Quick Attack and cover um some fans who missed Volt Tackle. Although I must say, Electroball isn't a move worth replacing Volt Tackle. They should consider a new move for Pikachu or make Ash use that mega Electroball he is about to use on giovanni (I really doubt if we would see it again)

<--My tumblr

\

They've lost and brought back Thunder on Pikachu a bunch of times; the same could easily happen with Volt Tackle. It was a good move that really showed off Pikachu's years of training, by the fact that he took hardly any recoil when it hit. The only reason they got rid if it was because they wanted to show off Electro Ball and didn't want Pikachu with three electric moves..

I'd love to see Pidgeot return, and Ash use it for the Unova league.
    1st X run:

Quote Originally Posted by SimH8 View Post
    I'd love to see Pidgeot return, and Ash use it for the Unova league.
    Pidgeot doesn't belong to Ash and the promise was the dub only.

Larry taking part in the Unova League. I liked his design. better than Stephan's, and Stephan will be there
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Pidgeot doesn't belong to Ash and the promise was the dub only.
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

the promise was the dub only.
    I don't think it was, and it's about time he went back for it.
    Last edited by WhyHelloThere; 1st October 2012 at 7:56 PM.

Pretty sure the line was "I'll be back as soon as I've finished.. doing whatever" (can't remember the last bit). He didn't promise anything, everyone just got hyped up and instantly assumed he'd be coming back for Pidgeot, when in reality he just meant he'd be back in Kanto..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Pretty sure the line was "I'll be back as soon as I've finished.. doing whatever" (can't remember the last bit). He didn't promise anything, everyone just got hyped up and instantly assumed he'd be coming back for Pidgeot, when in reality he just meant he'd be back in Kanto..
    That's what I meant.

That's not even what you said...

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    That's not even what you said...
    The line he he said to Pigeot could be caoon or 4Kids, that's what I meant. It doesn't matter how I post it, I just worded it wrong.

I don't see any proof that it was dub only.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I don't see any proof that it was dub only.
    Considering 4Kids back then, hard to say. but let's move on before this gets even more derailed

Leavanny & Unfezant getting completely new movesets

Leavanny - Electroweb
    - Leaf Blade
    - Struggle Bug
    - X-scissor

Unfezant - Air Slash
    - Razor Wind
    - Tailwind
    - Facade/Sky Attack

Page 174 of 224 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast