Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White: Victini & Zekrom (14)

Another exciting Pokemon adventure. I thought it had a complicated story compared to others, and keeping track of how they explained the People of the Veil (sic) was tricky on the spur. This was counterbalanced by excellent animation and music score.
    I thought they did a great job with balancing Team Rocket's character, keeping them both silly and tough. Victini was appealing, both curious, an charmy ally, and highly sensitive.
    Why though could Victini not pass the protection pillars? I don't get that.
    As far as the audience, there were people of all ages. Kids my age (college), kids with parents, grandparents, teens... That was cool that they were aware of the movie's release. I can say I've seen all possible Pokemon movies on the big screen here in the states, including the 13'th in the B&W mall tour. I had a fun time!
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

To all you folks saying they called "macaroons" wrong..no..no they did not.. it is Macaron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaron
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 5th December 2011 at 4:44 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Don't you all mean you can't wait for the white version? also, I loved how Macaroons were pronounced wrong during the entire movie haha..
    That's because they were not macaroons: coconut nugget things. They were macarons: meringues with filling.
    Last edited by Honah; 5th December 2011 at 11:55 AM.

3DS FC: 3394-3551-2987

Quote Originally Posted by Honah View Post
    That's because they were not macaroons: coconut nugget things. They were macarons: meringues with filling.
    yeah I've seen alot of... "even though the called macaroon wrong throughout the whole movie"

Well, I have seen this movie in theaters this past weekend. And it was an okay movie. It was also the first Pokemon movie I've seen in a theater since the fourth movie 9 years ago.

It felt good to see a new Pokemon movie in theaters in a long time. The story is okay, not too great, but okay. However, Ash's voice actor still doesn't sound like his old voice actor in my taster. Team Rocket's current voice actors on the other hand, does sound like their old va's. OH well.

And also, this is the first time I've seen Iris and Cilian in action.

Any details on release in Canada? Or when it's airing???

is this one aired on t.v. just like the other one??

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan16 View Post
    is this one aired on t.v. just like the other one??

No.. this one was in theaters.

I think the only reason I would watch this movie again would be for the visuals.

What was the point of having any human characters other than Ash and Damon in the movie? The rest of them did next to nothing that advanced the plot.

I mean the entirety of the movie for Iris and Cilan felt like:

ASH IS IN TROUBLE
    ASH IS ALRIGHT
    ASH IS IN TROUBLE
    ASH IS ALRIGHT
    OH LOOK A DRAGON
    TRY MY MACARONS
    OH NO ASH IS IN TROUBLE AGAIN

Woulda been nice to have seen Iris and Cilan's battles actually last more than 5 seconds each. Iris's I can give because of Volt Switch... but Pansage didn't even get to DO anything. Ash's battles alone weren't even that special.

Also I feel as if the entire plot could've been told in a single episode, MAYBE a two-parter...

I feel as if we got robbed of decent plot and characters just so that we could get to slight variations of the same movie. Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    Also I feel as if the entire plot could've been told in a single episode, MAYBE a two-parter.
    The funny part is, you could say the same thing about most of the original series movies too.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

The cast for the dub:

Damon - J. Michael Tatum
    Carlita - Leah Clark
    Juanita - Khristine Hvam
    Luisa - Lisa Ortiz
    Mannes - Michael Alston Baley
    Reshiram - Tom Wayland
    Zekrom - Michael Chobot

I've never heard the voice actor who voiced Zekrom.

The beginning was a bit weird but I loved the movie, all the same. Victini was pretty cute and Zekrom is still epic. Shame Snivy wasn't in it- I would've loved a super powerful Vine Whip or Attract. Ash passed out three times- exellent!

Can't wait until M15!

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    Ash passed out three times- exellent
    Yep a new record! lol anyway I've finished watching the movie around an hour ago after it aired on CITV, I wasn't disappointed, it was an awesome movie! I loved how Ash teased Victini with those macarons, adorable!

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Lol wouldnt YOU cry if ash grabbed you? And i imagine throwing twigs so ash would fail the cliff.

~Banner by Sworn Metalhead~
    ~I claim Abomasnow, Team Fortress 2 and the Pyro~

OMG I just watched this movie yesterday and holy crap, it kicked pokemon blacks ***!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    OMG I just watched this movie yesterday and holy crap, it kicked pokemon blacks ***!!!
    I know, right? White was so much better than Black! Personally, I think Ash will befriend Zekrom in the episodes because, well, Zekrom chose him, didn't he? In the first and second Best Wishes episodes?

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Just wanted to add that Cartoon Network will be showing "Pokemon White" next Saturday. Just saw an ad for it on television while watching the rerun of Pokemon Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Tails View Post
    Just wanted to add that Cartoon Network will be showing "Pokemon White" next Saturday. Just saw an ad for it on television while watching the rerun of Pokemon Black.
    Yes, I did, too. I'll consider this a good trade-off for having to wait for the new episodes.

I just finished watching this movie on Cartoon Network and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I thought it was really well done, and it wasn't the typical Pokemon movie. There were no legendary Pokemon fighting, there were no villains. It was just two people with different ideas trying to accomplish what they set out to do. Damon is really a good guy who wants to make his moms dreams a reality and restore the kingdom of Vale. He doesn't realize what he was doing could set the whole world in great danger, and I really liked that story line. I don't see why Team Rocket was in the movie since they didn't do anything of importance (they weren't even that funny) but whatever. this was definitely Ash's movie. He was the star. Cilan and Iris were pushed to the background for most of the movie.

I love the way the movie looked, the scenes with Ash and Victini were pretty touching and emotional. The music was good. I really liked the scenes where Tepig and Scraggy get powered up by Victini. It was a very fun movie. Zekrom, Victini, and Reshiram were all awesome. So I really can't find to many flaws with the movie. Like I said, this wasn't your typical good vs evil Pokemon movie so there wasn't really a huge climatic battle. So having said that, I think what made it so good was the characters. I thought Damon was a great new character who was only trying to help his people. The legendary Pokemon in this movie were great. And like I said, the scenes with Ash and Victini and their bond were all very well done. So overall, it did have a very different feel to it that set it apart from a lot of the other movies. So this was a great movie and I'm looking forward to what they are going to do with movie 15!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    There were no legendary Pokemon fighting,
    Reshiram and Zekrom were going at it for a minute or two. <_<

I don't see why Team Rocket was in the movie since they didn't do anything of importance (they weren't even that funny) but whatever. this was definitely Ash's movie. He was the star. Cilan and Iris were pushed to the background for most of the movie.
    That happens in every movie. To varying extents.

Azureth, yeah sorry about that. I shouldn't have worded it that way. That's not really the point I was trying to make. I meant that the whole movie didn't really center around it like other movies did. Zekrom did come to Ash to help him save Vinciti, but like you said, it really only lasted a minute or two and didn't come until the last 20 minutes basically which is different than a few of the other movies. Sorry about that. That was worded wrong. Great fight that was by the way too ha ha

And yeah, I never really felt Jessie, James, and Meowth served a huge purpose in really any of the movies, but I mean here they really only literally had what like 5 minutes of screen time in the whole things? I know that may be the same for almost every movie, but I felt that in the beginning movies they got a little bit more dialogue.

In other words, the legendary Pokemon fighting wasn't the focus of the movie, and I kinda liked that we got more character interaction during this.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 11th February 2012 at 11:52 PM.

Damon was a villain in the Well-Intentioned Extremist way. I mean, stopping everyone AND his mom from helping Victini from his pain? He saw the errors of his way once he looked down from Damn Excalibur Fortress.

Yeah, I could see how Damon was somewhat of a villain. I mean he did say something about making sacrifices in order to get to the greater truth so he was fully ready to kill Vinciti if he had to. He wasn't the typical Pokemon villains we get in movies though, and I actually find him quite an interesting character.

I have to say, I like how they extended the difference between the two movies beyond just swapping the dragons, with the Pokemon that show up mirroring the version exclusives for the two games and Ash and co taking a different fork in the road at the beginning.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Re-watched it Sunday morning. Again, Victini was adorable. Victini really enjoyed those macaroons. It's great to see this movie again before the new season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast