Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing With Fire

Default Playing With Fire

The following team is one of my most succesfull teams yet not only that it's also my most succesful Gym Team from when I was the Fire Gym Leader of the Official Serebii League.This team had a record of 90% wins in Gym Battles(note this was not my record as I used other teams that might have done slightly worse <.<)and I also peaked 1430 points on smogon(check the bottom of the post) but now that the league has closed I'm retiring this team before it loses it shine.

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 88 HP / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Fire Blast
    - SolarBeam
    My weather Inducer:Ninetales
    Will-o-Wisp is for(Tyranitar and Terrakion) Rock types and Dragons that come in hoping to kill or set up on Tales while Hidden Power allows me to kill some Dragons right away(Example:Salamence,Dnite after Rocks damage...)

Volcarona (M) @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 4 HP / / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Rest
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    Sun abuser #1:Volcarona
    On Sun Volcarona is a monster(well....it is a Pocket Monster anyway but you get the point).Quiver Dance boosts my Speed,Special Defense AND Special Attack and paired with Rest it allows me to to set up on bulky water like Gastrodon,Tentacruel,Politoed and beat Chansey/Blissey which is very cool.Fiery Dance allows me to hit hard(specially on sun) and getting some more boosts while sweeping. Bug Buzz hits Water Pokemons neutraly and its Super Effective against Tyranitar.
    I know I'm not using the evs of the set but theres a good reason why.I don't want to.

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SpDef)
    - Growth
    - SolarBeam
    - Eathquake
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    My Sun Abuser#2:Venusaur
    My main weapon against DD'ers.Thanks to Chlorophyll it's Speed its doubled and I dont have to wait one turn to use Solarbeam which makes it a terrifying late game sweeper.Solarbeam hits Water,Rock and Ground pokemons who usually are annoying since I'm running a Fire Mono and Hidden Power Ice usually catches Dragons off guard since they expect Hidden Power Fire.Earhtquake to kill Heatran which is a very common switch-in to venus thus letting me kill it.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
    - Flame Charge
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    My Sun Abuser#3: Heatran
    Heatran is my third Fire type and oh good is it usefull.After 1 Flame Charge it becomes a deadly weapon as it outspeeds every non scarfed pokemon in OU bar Deoxys-S who is usually used as a suicide lead.Fire Blast on Sun hurts even pokemons who resist it and wrecks anything that doesn't except ofc some special walls.Earth Power provides great coverage which is completed by Hidden Power Ice.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fire Punch
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    My Physical attacker: Dragonite
    Dragonite is ugly and thats a fact.However this is Competitive so instead of using it's beatiful pre-evo Dragonair(<333333333)I went with the power that Dragonite provides.Since it resists Water one of my main weaknesses I find it pretty easily to switch in to Dnite and dance for a bit.Earthquake will always KO Heatran who can become annoying to this team and Outrage pwns special walls like Blissey and Chansey who are VERY annoying.Fire punch ohko'es Scizor yayyy(pty)

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Aadamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    -Ice Sharder
    My Spinner: Donphan
    I used to have Dugtrio to set up rocks but after some thinking I decided to change Dug for Donphan since the team was very SR weak(also gives me something to lead against Sandstorm teams who usually lead with Landorus)
    Rocks and Spin for the obvious reasons(hurt my oponent on the switch-ins and to fix my SR weakness).Earthquake to hit hit hard with stab and Ice Shard to hit those Dnites and Landorus hard.

Conclusion:
    This team did great in most of my battles and in the ones that it didn't do so good it was my fault for playing like ****
    Post a comment saying your opinion of the team keep in mind though that I've decided to retire it so changes aren't likely to happen.

Spoiler:- True Peak:

Last edited by Gray™; 24th February 2012 at 7:15 PM.
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Wow, very scary looking team my friend. Looks like it'd 6-0 any of my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Wow, very scary looking team my friend. Looks like it'd 6-0 any of my teams...
    thanks =)
    i think 6-0 is overeacting thoughx)
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

i see you copied a smogon RMT and used the same type of images =P well i recommend a spinner. gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    i see you copied a smogon RMT and used the same type of images =P well i recommend a spinner. gg.
    actualy myles recomended me those pics
    about the spinner yes it would be very helpful but that would mean lose a valuable pokemon as in this team Dugtrio>Donphan and Forry doesnt help me against Ttar or Heatran.I could take Venusaur or Dragonite but Water types would become a problem
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Didn't knew about power herb effect very smart idea!

on Dragonite I would suggest roost over earthquake... sure heatran is a problem but.. you have dugtrio and you can't just drop the amazing roost over the stoopid heatran.. outrage still hurt heatran at +1 it is like a base 90 attack (180/2) roost is good in any other ssituation (every situation except heatran...)

on heatran I would suggest hasty or naive nature to hit harder with flame charge for a little defense or sp.defense sacrifice (let's say... to KO a ferrothorn for example you won't use fire blast and have the risk of missing right?)

The rest seems fine I liked the team seems creative if you took some sets from someone better put some credit

seems like you looooooooooooove tyranitar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Gray Man View Post
    actualy myles recomended me those pics
    about the spinner yes it would be very helpful but that would mean lose a valuable pokemon as in this team Dugtrio>Donphan and Forry doesnt help me against Ttar or Heatran.I could take Venusaur or Dragonite but Water types would become a problem
    lose volc IMO. and stick in hitmontop cus pro

CC + sucker punch + mach punch + rapid spin w/ technian rape

or you can use foresight + RS, which gurantees the spin, which is very useful on a sun team.

even adamant heatran wouldnt ohko so i need fire blast i also need max spe and max spatk to outspeed and deliver maximum damage possible

about dnite roost is an option yes BUT without EQ heatran can survive on hit and kill me(thats how i deal with dnites) i could also use extremespeed but i find killing scizor more fun =D

about the power herb thing i was just tired of freaking politoeds>_>

edit:jets.....this is a fire mono...
    Last edited by Gray™; 4th December 2011 at 1:27 AM.
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

even adamant heatran wouldnt ohko so i need fire blast i also need max spe and max spatk to outspeed and deliver maximum damage possible

about dnite roost is an option yes BUT without EQ heatran can survive on hit and kill me(thats how i deal with dnites) i could also use extremespeed but i find killing scizor more fun =D

about the power herb thing i was just tired of freaking politoeds>_>

edit:jets.....this is a fire mono...
    then now it's not. dur

then now it's not. dur
    no.its still a fire mono
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

no.its still a fire mono
    so your willing to keep it a fire mon despite the fact that you won't win as much battles as you can? okay then.

edit: tails | volc | heatran take out dnite, dur.
    Last edited by Utopian; 4th December 2011 at 2:03 AM.

so your willing to keep it a fire mon despite the fact that you won't win as much battles as you can? okay then.

edit: tails | volc | heatran take out dnite, dur.
    If i take volc out i wont win nearly as much battles and if i take dnite and put hitmontop an opposing hetran is be faster and ohkoes if sun is up which is a problem because dugtrio is too frail to take hit without its focus sash
    in short:if i take dnite hetran ****s as soon as dug loses 1hp and if i take volca well then latios and reun sweep me anytime of the match
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Do you mind if I steal use your Ninetales set?

Otherwise, it seems like a pretty solid team. One thing that I might recommend is a ChestoRest set over your current Volcarona set. I find that it works better than substitute.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chaos View Post
    Do you mind if I steal use your Ninetales set?

Otherwise, it seems like a pretty solid team. One thing that I might recommend is a ChestoRest set over your current Volcarona set. I find that it works better than substitute.
    lol its not a completly new set i just gave it a different item
    never tried the chesto berry i might try it
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

I think you should put hidden power electric on ninetails as gyarados can use volcarona, dugtrio, heatran as set up fodder. It's a common threat to sun team's.

Quote Originally Posted by dildadonz View Post
    I think you should put hidden power electric on ninetails as gyarados can use volcarona, dugtrio, heatran as set up fodder. It's a common threat to sun team's.
    even if i give tales hp electric 1+gyara will still outspeed me,if it has a sub solarbeam also breaks it and if i burn it and then let tales die i get a turn to set up with dnite
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

I agree with Jets, your team is quite stealth rock weak, so a spinner'd be very useful. That said, I can't really see what you'd replace XD

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/33u5xep.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lc41lu.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
    I agree with Jets, your team is quite stealth rock weak, so a spinner'd be very useful. That said, I can't really see what you'd replace XD
    too bad i cant use a 7th poke x)
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

You could maybe replace Dugtrio with Donphan. He can spin and is quite powerful, but is a bit slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    You could maybe replace Dugtrio with Donphan. He can spin and is quite powerful, but is a bit slow...
    the reason i use dug is really just to win weather wars against tyranitar if i use donphan ttar can switch and that makes the battle much more difficult
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

um you're awfully stealth rock weak and rock weak in general to be honest. Running a rapid spinner would really help on this team. Unfortunately, it seems that you're forced to give up Dugtrio since it is pretty much the only member of your team that can "take" a hit from most common rock attacks. Donphan is probably the best choice for this team since your only rock resist is dugtrio, and although it still traps Tyranitar I still think that this team will be too frail. You're also 6-0ed by opposing Volcarona that happen to pack hp rock. The most simple solution would be to just run roar on Heatran to help this problem, but there isn't really much use being picky beyond that. I think it would be cool to try and run a different set on Venu to try and support a sweep for Volcarona. Currently, Volc has no way of getting past Heatran, so I think that it would be a great idea if you ran earthquake / hp ice / solarbeam / growth or synthesis on Venusaur. This allows Venu to lure and in ko what is Volc's most common switch in (specially defensive Heatran). If you feel like you need to run sunny day on something, just run it on ninetales. This will allow you to sunny day against common Tyranitar variants or weaker versions of Politoed. gl!
    [12:46:24 PM] Garza: yeah yeah
    [12:46:34 PM] Garza: your a tubular troller

mangoes, peaches, and limes

Doesn't solar beam's power get reduced by 50% in rain/ sand. I'm not to sure

Quote Originally Posted by dildadonz View Post
    Doesn't solar beam's power get reduced by 50% in rain/ sand. I'm not to sure
    no........ dont even.. you only have 14 posts. -_-

good team, i played this once and won 3-0 iirc. team is pretty frail though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

no........ dont even.. you only have 14 posts. -_-
    What does someone's post count have to do with their skill in battling? Post count only tells you how many posts you have on the forum, but not how stupid your posts are. Flawed system is flawed; let's leave it at that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast