Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing With Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    no........ dont even.. you only have 14 posts. -_-
    Quality, not quantity. But yeah, I get your point

Anyway, I'd say, contary to others' opinion, that you should keep Dugtrio, its revenge killing prowess is to valuabe to lose, especially on a sun team. If it wasn't a 3:3 mono, I'd say to replace heatran...
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

quite the team. tho, i would swap trio for somethin a bit better. maybe a bulky camurupt? holding enigma berry?

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dildadonz View Post
    Doesn't solar beam's power get reduced by 50% in rain/ sand. I'm not to sure
    no........ dont even.. you only have 14 posts. -_-
    Actually, last time I checked, Solar Beam's power is split. It's still super effective against Politoed, so it'll have 100 power.
    quite the team. tho, i would swap trio for somethin a bit better. maybe a bulky camurupt? holding enigma berry?
    I disagree. Camurupt sucks in OU, and, iirc, enigma berry is unreleased in gen 5.
    Anyway, I'd say, contary to others' opinion, that you should keep Dugtrio, its revenge killing prowess is to valuabe to lose, especially on a sun team.
    I, too, agree with keeping Dugtrio. Though once I think about it, Gliscor could also work, but is beaten by mixtar.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 5th December 2011 at 12:34 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

okay, don't get rid of dugtrio... it destroys ttar and heatran easily, which are two major obstacles for a sun team. i do have a suggestion for a spinner though...

you could try an HP fire starmie over your current venusaur. it remains obscenely fast and able to take out dragons while adding spin support to the rest of your team. What you lose in offensive power by taking out venusaur is made up for by volc becoming many times more threatening.

Starmie@lefties
    252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    timid nature
    natural cure
    -HP fire
    -ice beam
    -rapid spin
    -grass knot/thunderbolt

also, chesto rest>sub volc tbh

so metal

^Don't ever use a water type on a sun team. It's STAB is split in half, and the one you are suggesting doesn't even have STAB...Starmie is also out sped by +1 dragons, while +2 Venasaur isn't.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    okay, don't get rid of dugtrio... it destroys ttar and heatran easily, which are two major obstacles for a sun team. i do have a suggestion for a spinner though...

you could try an HP fire starmie over your current venusaur. it remains obscenely fast and able to take out dragons while adding spin support to the rest of your team. What you lose in offensive power by taking out venusaur is made up for by volc becoming many times more threatening.

Starmie@lefties
    252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    timid nature
    natural cure
    -HP fire
    -ice beam
    -rapid spin
    -grass knot/thunderbolt

also, chesto rest>sub volc tbh
    You do know that Venusaur gets Chlorophyll, which DOUBLES his speed in sun. Just be glad that none of the DW starters are female...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ^Don't ever use a water type on a sun team. It's STAB is split in half, and the one you are suggesting doesn't even have STAB...Starmie is also out sped by +1 dragons, while +2 Venasaur isn't.
    i have used starmie in sun to great success. true, no STAB, but its a powerful offensive spinner and a further dragon counter. it also has acess to a grass move that can kill bulky waters, one of this teams problems, and starmie destroys most spinblockers. i am aware that +1 max speed dragons will outspeed/ko, but venus isnt exactly koing dnite through multiscale or ohkoing haxorus (i think.) and if something is locked into outrage, hp ice tran revenges easily...

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    You do know that Venusaur gets Chlorophyll, which DOUBLES his speed in sun. Just be glad that none of the DW starters are female...yet.
    um, yeah... i know that... honestly, i would be suggesting this over heatran, but gray has made it very clear that this has to remain 3:3 fire. i'm just suggesting something that would provide more useful support to the team and that also outspeeds most of OU. that's all.
    Last edited by zerofield; 5th December 2011 at 5:23 AM.

so metal

What about claydol as its a good rapid spinner as its immune to the spikes and resists stealth rock. It can also set up dual screens which will help setting up. It does wonders for bulky volcarona but heatran walls it. Claydol could use earthpower I think with STAB it has a high chance of killing heatran. Not to sure on what to give up.

k guys my computer isnt working and im really lazy to respond all of your suggestions BUT i did read each and everyone of them and im considering some
    when i get my computer fixed ill select the top 10(or 5 depending on my mood )and may change a thing or two
    so far im thinking of: taking ab2's advice and about changing volcarona's set
    id also like to thank you all for trying to help except gold because you only bragged about beating the team even tho by then i still wasnt aware of its weaknesses
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Super offensive team is super and offensive.

This looks essentially like HO without a screen abuser. Which is bad. Your bulkiest pokemon is D-Nite, which after rocks damage can be KO'ed by anything running a decent Ice Attack/ Draco Meteor, and can't heal itself. Imo, you should use something for wish support, or switch up your DNite set to use roost.
    "Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?" Bill Hicks, Dec 16th 1961 - Feb 26th 1994

thx ab=D
    EDIT:Higher peak=D
    Last edited by Gray™; 17th December 2011 at 3:52 AM.
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Wow, you have a high ranking. Mabye sometime i should make a good team sometime. Great team, just needs a rapid spinner.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Wow, you have a high ranking. Mabye sometime i should make a good team sometime. Great team, just needs a rapid spinner.
    I'm updating the first post so all of you can see the changes
    And thx^^
    EDIT:UPDATED
    Last edited by Gray™; 17th December 2011 at 4:12 AM.
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Uhh.. Power Herb Ninetales? Not so sure it works like you say..

Solarbeam has 60 BP in Rain / Sand. Neither Tyranitar nor Politoed are even close to OHKOed by this. If your plan is to hammer incoming Pokes with a grass move in non-friendly weather you might as well just use Energy Ball and run Leftovers. Maybe run a more standard set, or just offensive max speed Timid could work (assuming you play Dugtrio well).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Uhh.. Power Herb Ninetales? Not so sure it works like you say..

Solarbeam has 60 BP in Rain / Sand. Neither Tyranitar nor Politoed are even close to OHKOed by this. If your plan is to hammer incoming Pokes with a grass move in non-friendly weather you might as well just use Energy Ball and run Leftovers. Maybe run a more standard set, or just offensive max speed Timid could work (assuming you play Dugtrio well).
    Actually...I've ko'ed every politoed I used Solarbeam on...with rain up...
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Iactually love this team, I dont really see many flaws to it, maybe just a good rain stall can be alittle problematic butwith the great set on ninetails I dont see much of a problem there.
    Great time you have here and congratulations for your peak!!
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
    Iactually love this team, I dont really see many flaws to it, maybe just a good rain stall can be alittle problematic butwith the great set on ninetails I dont see much of a problem there.
    Great time you have here and congratulations for your peak!!
    =D
    Thx^^
    And yeah stall can be problematic sometimes...because....its stall<.<
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Quote Originally Posted by D.Gray Man View Post
    Actually...I've ko'ed every politoed I used Solarbeam on...with rain up...
    Literally impossible.

Solarbeam (in sunlight)
    vs 0/0 Politoed: 59.8% - 70.4%
    vs 0/0 Tyranitar: 56.3% - 66.3%

Solarbeam (in rain / sand)
    vs 0/0 Politoed: 29.9% - 35.5%
    vs 0/0 Tyranitar: 19.4% - 22.9%

Unless Pokemon Online has a glitch that doesn't include the damage halving mechanic. Ninetales is very weak. Might as well just run Energy Ball to hit both Pokemon 33% harder while letting you use an actually useful item.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Literally impossible.

Solarbeam (in sunlight)
    vs 0/0 Politoed: 59.8% - 70.4%
    vs 0/0 Tyranitar: 56.3% - 66.3%

Solarbeam (in rain / sand)
    vs 0/0 Politoed: 29.9% - 35.5%
    vs 0/0 Tyranitar: 19.4% - 22.9%

Unless Pokemon Online has a glitch that doesn't include the damage halving mechanic. Ninetales is very weak. Might as well just run Energy Ball to hit both Pokemon 33% harder while letting you use an actually useful item.

I have used sunny day Ninetales and have OHKO'd many Politoeds in the rain. It might be a glitch. But even in Sun I have OHKO'd.... So I don't know.

Yes, I'm a volcano, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterBox View Post
    I have used sunny day Ninetales and have OHKO'd many Politoeds in the rain. It might be a glitch. But even in Sun I have OHKO'd.... So I don't know.
    Except.. Even in Sun it is impossible to OHKO.. Unless you run Life Orb / Specs and Stealth Rocks are down. Only then do you have a CHANCE to OHKO and that's ONLY if its sunny.

But no Ninetales does not match up well at all against Politoed. To beat it you need to use hit and run or Dugtrio.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12