Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Default The Xbox Thread

I realized that there wasn't an actual thread for the xbox here (or the PS3). here you can talk about xbox. The original or the new ones. Or things on Xbox live.

What are your guys opinions on the new dashboard? i really like it at the moment. it has a lot more features like the beacons. the only things i don't like about it so far is the advertisements and how it always comes up with the notification when your friend starts playing the game you are. i find it quite annoying

I still own the first xbox, but i hardly ever play it anymore. sometimes my sister plays a game on it but that's all.

If you don't own an LCD/HDTV, the new dashboard looks absolutely horrendous. Guess what I don't own~
    Everything is crushed together, the color scheme is atrocious, and Games is the fourth section over? What? I mean, it's probably great if you have a Kinect, but if you don't own a Kinect or a nice TV, it's absolutely awful.

Ohyeah. My 360's disk drive died on me about a month ago, I think I mentioned that here. Since then I bought a 360 off my sister's friend for $50 and it works just fine. However, I have not played it in the week that I've had it.

I game primarily on my Xbox -- this thread will fail.

I've mostly migrated to Steam, to be honest. Now that I have a machine, albeit a laptop, that can run everything I want to play at the moment, the only reason I still have my Xbox is for the exclusives I own, party/music/trivia games, and ones that I know my PC can't run. x:

I usually play all my shit on the xbox.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

I play Xbox despite the PS3 being better. I've yet to update but I hear it's trash.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I play Xbox despite the PS3 being better. I've yet to update but I hear it's trash.
    Outside of ad placement, it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Outside of ad placement, it's fine.
    Yeah, I like the update, besides the ads.

I think that the new dashboard (or I guess it's called Home now?) is cool, aside from all the ads like you guys said. The Becaons are pretty cool idea, too. I have Kinect so it makes the Dashboard a lot easier to use because almost everything can be used with voice commands via Kinect.

Oh, and floatzel98, I'm pretty sure that it only notifys you when you're friends are playing a game when you set that as your Beacon, so if you don't like it, than you don't have to have any game set on the Beacon.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

How long does it take to download the new update?
    Last.fm

Took me a minute. The longer you wait to download it, the less people are downloading it the same time as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Took me a minute. The longer you wait to download it, the less people are downloading it the same time as you are.
    I guess I'll have to start playing xbox at 3 in the morning to ensure a less wait time.
    Last.fm

...that's not what he means at all. He means that right after an update comes out, there's high-traffic due to people wanting the update. Later on, most people will already have the update.

Yeah the 360 is my main console since i sold my Wii. I haven't downloaded the dashboard update yet as I don't actually have the means to connect to LIVE atm.(Internet plus takes up only Ethernet port.) I've never liked the big xbox exclusives(Halo and Gears), but I needed a console that got the general multi platform games(Tekken, Proper Fifa ect) and the 360 was cheaper than a PS3.(And after playing a PS3 I like everything better about the 360 other than MS points.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    I think that the new dashboard (or I guess it's called Home now?) is cool, aside from all the ads like you guys said. The Becaons are pretty cool idea, too. I have Kinect so it makes the Dashboard a lot easier to use because almost everything can be used with voice commands via Kinect.

Oh, and floatzel98, I'm pretty sure that it only notifys you when you're friends are playing a game when you set that as your Beacon, so if you don't like it, than you don't have to have any game set on the Beacon.
    yeah im still trying it out. i never eally look at my dashboard anyway because i set my xbox to take me straight to the game. and does the kinect make the xbox with the new update any better or can you just do a couple things differently

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    yeah im still trying it out. i never eally look at my dashboard anyway because i set my xbox to take me straight to the game. and does the kinect make the xbox with the new update any better or can you just do a couple things differently
    Well, either way you still have the same dashboard with or without Kinect. The main difference is the voice commands you can do with the Kinect so than you don't have to navigate the dashboard using the controller.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

I was in the dashboard BETA... and it was meh.

Same here, meh... except more ads.

My Xbox is pretty much my Forza Box, and my PS3 is for everything else.
    Current wishes: I have way too many event legendaries right now. I'm interested in a japanese 6IV ditto, but I'm willing to barter - PM me offers.

Events I have spares of: Liberty Pass Victini, (HGSS and Link) Celebi, GameStop Keldeo, GameStop Jirachi, and I can breed Phiones. I also have a Japanese Event Shiny Raikou up, if that counts... It's not a spare, but I might be willing to part with it, given enough prodding.

---

3DS FC: 2750 - 1756 - 6697

Always on xbox when I'm not working or at school or out randomly.
    (:
    GT is Catalepsi.. hit me up. x)

My xbox anyways is a piece of shit. Red rings all the time and freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by theswweet View Post
    I was in the dashboard BETA... and it was meh.

Same here, meh... except more ads.
    There is a way to remove the ads.

I never really like the Xbox to be honest however that is mostly just down to the
    fact the exclusive games are not to my taste.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

If somebody's interested, Catherine is coming to PAL territories next February 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    If somebody's interested, Catherine is coming to PAL territories next February 12th.
    Yeah I'm looking forward to that. I still don't understand the delay though, it's not like it needs translation from NA.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    You do know that the game is also for the PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Simipour View Post
    Yeah I'm looking forward to that. I still don't understand the delay though, it's not like it needs translation from NA.
    Because Europe is part of PAL they speak different languages in some part of the region.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Yeah, there's...six languages that games have to be translated into for Europe?

Plus they have to convert it to the PAL format.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast