Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Call for Brotherly Love! (719)

i cant wait for this episode :3
    i know that emmet and ingo are airing this week i think
    but when does this one air in usa?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemontrainerandrea View Post
    i cant wait for this episode :3
    i know that emmet and ingo are airing this week i think
    but when does this one air in usa?
    The dub of this episode probably won't show for at least three months, given that the dub is about 13 episodes behind Japan right now. That gap's about to increase since the Subway episodes are airing separately in the dub, whilst they were aired as a one-hour special in the raw iirc. Either way, we are unusually close in terms of when the episodes are airing.

The Beartic episode is the one airing this weekend.
    Last edited by pokeaussie37; 15th December 2011 at 2:18 AM.
    {Insert signature here}

Only 13 episodes? Damn, TPCI is fast.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Ok the writers suck for not making Pansage be out 24/7 like Pikachu and Kibago . Pansage was adorable this episode and it was really nice seeing him out for almost the whole episode.

Also lol at Chili forgetting that Pansear knows Dig -____-.

Honestly Mijumaru deserved to lose. Until he learns not to pop out of his poke ball when he isn't wanted, he deserves to lose.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ok the writers suck for not making Pansage be out 24/7 like Pikachu and Kibago . Pansage was adorable this episode and it was really nice seeing him out for almost the whole episode.

Also lol at Chili forgetting that Pansear knows Dig -____-.

Honestly Mijumaru deserved to lose. Until he learns not to pop out of his poke ball when he isn't wanted, he deserves to lose.
    Except he didn't.

Pansear doesn't know Dig anymore.

Dent: "Open the door to your heart like this~"
    Pod: "Alright Baoppu let's try this!"
    Dent: "Can you hear the voice of the grass and trees?~"
    Pod: "Like we can hear those." >.>
    Dent: "If you open your heart, you should be able to hear them.~"
    Iris: "I think I heard something."
    Ash: "Me too."
    Pod: "Oh, I think I'm starting to hear it too. Somehow, it's a very soft and kind voice."

X333333 JUST LIKE DENTO'S VOICE!!! <333

This episode is just so cute. The brotherly love was adorable.....X3

Also this episode said everything. One part made me laugh, Dento mentioned about how he loved everything about "balance" but he began to learn that their was more to battling than just balance. The "balance" made me think of "symmetry." XDDD

And another thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    Show me the results of your studying. Or is it possible that you have completely forgotten your goal to master the art of a Pokemon Sommelier and have been playing around instead?
    I'd say he's............half right.

EDIT: Wait! Can I mention one more thing?

Pod relies heavily on attacking, Corn relies heavily on defense (as seen in his battling with Ash), Dento is a mix between the two. More so than that even, Pod's hair goes straight up, Corn's hair goes straight down. Dento's hair goes both up and down. Red and Blue are both primary colors, where as green is a secondary color.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 29th December 2011 at 11:07 PM.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Red and Blue are both primary colors, where as green is a secondary color.
    Actually green is a primary color used for TV and computer screens and most computer art programs; in these, yellow is a secondary color instead. Just sayin'.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Actually green is a primary color used for TV and computer screens and most computer art programs; in these, yellow is a secondary color instead. Just sayin'.
    I don't think you understand what secondary and primary colors mean.

The primary colors are blue, red, and yellow
    Green is a secondary color as in it is made by combining blue and yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    I don't think you understand what secondary and primary colors mean.

The primary colors are blue, red, and yellow
    Green is a secondary color as in it is made by combining blue and yellow.
    Not when it comes to light.

But 00poke's got an interesting point. Well, save for the part about hair because I've always thought Dento's was cut too short to tell except the tuft at the front, but other than that.
    Last edited by JX Valentine; 29th December 2011 at 11:54 PM.

REBOOT: Chapter fifteen now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

The Witch of Fic | 365+ Reviews
    Q&A's for all your writing needs. | 365 fanfic reviews in 365 days.

The Fan Fiction Mafia | Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by JX Valentine View Post
    Not when it comes to light.

But 00poke's got an interesting point. Well, save for the part about hair because I've always thought Dento's was cut too short to tell except the tuft at the front, but other than that.
    I forgot about light. XDD But I was talking about it in an art sense. Secondary colors are when you mix two primary colors, tertiary colors are when you mix two secondary colors (I believe xD)

*Dento's got a tuft of hair going down too if you look at him from behind.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    tumblr|fanfiction

Yes I was talking about in art sense.

Oh and I loved the fact that Gluttony as an ability was mentioned.

Chili and pansear are meant for each other lol.

I almost fell asleep watching this but Pansear was super cute.

I really liked this episode, the brotherly bond between Dento and Pod and Pansage and Pansear was great. It was a nice episode that helped both Dento and Pod grow together as brothers and in their own respective dreams. A nice little episode that wasn't plot heavy but kept you entertained and feeling happy.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    EDIT: Wait! Can I mention one more thing?

Pod relies heavily on attacking, Corn relies heavily on defense (as seen in his battling with Ash), Dento is a mix between the two. More so than that even, Pod's hair goes straight up, Corn's hair goes straight down. Dento's hair goes both up and down. Red and Blue are both primary colors, where as green is a secondary color.
    Can I just say this? Say what you want about Dento but you gotta love Dentogirl's devotion to him and his brothers ^^

Oh and back off with the color thing, she has a good point and anyone that doesn't think so can answer to me :P I couldn't think of an angry face XD

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Oh and I loved the fact that Gluttony as an ability was mentioned.
    Wait, it was? Given that held berries and held items in general do not seem to be a thing in the anime, how would Gluttony work? Or was it just mentioned and not explained?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Wait, it was? Given that held berries and held items in general do not seem to be a thing in the anime, how would Gluttony work? Or was it just mentioned and not explained?
    Cilan stated that Pansear's Ability is Gluttony.

Cilan also suggested that Chili's Pansear should replace Flamethrower or Fire Blast with Solarbeam proving that there is a 4 move limit in the anime now a days.

He replaced Flamethrower with Solarbeam.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Except he didn't.

Pansear doesn't know Dig anymore.
    Ya kinda the point, why he replaced that with another fire move is beyond me.....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

The episode was uneventful if you didn't know what the characters were saying, just averaged at alright if you did. And I agree with someone earlier who said that Pod losing to Ash would've been a better lesson. Despite that it was still cute. Giving Pod self-esteem issues is definetly an interesting idea. I'm glad to see that all of the characters appearing throughout the series saying they got the Trio badge by beating Pod and not Corn really wasn't a coincidence. The one scene that made it for me? Probably Dent giving that nice speech about how he's changed since traveling with Ash and Iris. Followed by Pod giving a speech about what his dream is. Seriously, now I'm hoping for a bit of development on Corn...just not necessarily in an episode like this.

At first I was confused on why they had Pod battle Ash instead of Dent in the end. But after some thought I've come to the simple conclusion that Dent shall never be the punching bag in this series. Which is honestly kind of hardcore. His flawlessness in adapting to Ash's style as well, is the show making him into a prodigy? *sits and waits for when someone comes along and creams him in battle causing a riot within the fanbase*

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    -Today, Ash is having Tepig, Snivy, and Pikachu do some target practice. I like how they're going out of their way to show Ash actively training these days.

But less importantly, posts on another forum taught me that all three Striaton gym brothers have slightly different pant lengths.
    I've noticed that too. Now no one can complain that he's a lazy 10 year old who never trains since it's obvious the writers are going for the "he does it off screen" excuse. Which is why it's annoying when he loses to someone who gets one training episode when he's been apparently doing it off screen since the beginning.

What? Dang I'm clueless. I should get points since I noticed the shoe thing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac
    Red and Blue are both primary colors, where as green is a secondary color.
    I think this may have more to do with fire, water, and grass being the 'primary/starter' types. But the rest of your deduction is interesting. Man, the things you come up with xD
    Last edited by CupidKirby; 30th December 2011 at 5:27 AM.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post
    I think this may have more to do with fire, water, and grass being the 'primary/starter' types. But the rest of your deduction is interesting. Man, the things you come up with xD
    True, but it was just an interesting diagnosis I made Actually I don't even think about what I'm typing, I just type it. 8D Hmm...Chlorophyll is green, it absorbs everything but green and its fluorescence is red!~ I don't know where I'm getting at but these boys are just amazing.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 30th December 2011 at 5:41 AM. Reason: AARGH I really do hate TYPOS

tumblr|fanfiction

Saw the video version finally. Loved the episode.

Nice to see Chili and Cress again. And Cilan got some attention this episode too.

I enjoyed how Ash was a bad referee. Cilan showed him how it's done. Now, just need Iris to be a referee.

Chili finally won. I wonder if the writers planned for an episode like this, I thought it was odd how Chili was always the one losing the battles and I'd give the writers credit to think ahead to say they did plan this from the start. If they didn't, whatever. It's nice to see Chili get some development though, and finally won a battle(On screen no less).

Team Rocket build up was nice.

I enjoyed the episode very much.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Chili scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Chili scares me.
    Now that you mention it, he did scare me at the donut scene.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega
    Chili finally won. I wonder if the writers planned for an episode like this, I thought it was odd how Chili was always the one losing the battles and I'd give the writers credit to think ahead to say they did plan this from the start. If they didn't, whatever. It's nice to see Chili get some development though, and finally won a battle(On screen no less).
    Probably. Everytime they showed the trio badge the trainer could've just as easily said that they just won it rather than adding "beating Chili" to the end of all their sentences.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

I loved the development Chili and Pansear got in this episode plus Pansage learns a new move as well.

I loved Cilan testing his Pokemon Connoisseur skills again.

This episode was great, I watched it in Japanese yesterday and I think Cilan had the best Japanese VA of any character so far. Mamoru Miyano really shows him off well.

Heh...I just rewatched this episode today (as more of an analysis rather than for fangirling). Now, while the episode obviously revolved around Pod...in a sense it kind of revolved around Dento...if not only a little bit hidden (and he even revealed stuff about himself, albeit quietly).

While he may be an eccentric "pain" he really he doesn't have anything tainted about him. Sure he can be cocky, but his cockiness doesn't hurt anyone. I'm sure Dento's not even aware of it himself, and I'm sure he's not even aware of what a great guy he truly is. It's that pure, untainted smile that he shows. I've noticed this several times in episodes revolving around him...

Spoiler:- spoiler:

In a way he sort of does bring people/pokemon closer together...

tumblr|fanfiction

Well, the episode has an English dub title now, but it hasn't been announced on the front page. It's called "A Call for Brotherly Love!"

you can tell that chilli lost a few times from the past episodes.

Why did Pansear forget dig?
    Was it part of Chilli's strageties?
    Last edited by Sushi; 21st April 2012 at 6:50 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast