Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A Call for Brotherly Love! (719)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    I thought this episode was good. It shows that gym leaders get annoy of losing to many trainers day after day. It's good that Pansear learn how to use Solarbeam but Chilli should really teach it some ground-type attacks as well.
    But I thought Grass types can learn Solarbeam. Pansear can't learn Solarbeam he's a fire type.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    But I thought Grass types can learn Solarbeam. Pansear can't learn Solarbeam he's a fire type.
    What exactly do you mean? I'm not sure what your post has to do with Blaziryu's.

But the moves a Pokemon can learn doesn't necessarily matter when it comes to their type. While most Pokemon have more moves that are the same as their type, nearly every Pokemon can learn moves that aren't of their type. Pansear as such, can learn SolarBeam in the game.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Very nice episode really did a good job of showing off what Cilan learned up to this point on his journey, also loved seeing Pansear learn Solarbeam, but this brings up a question on who decides which move is forgotten the Trainer or the Pokemon.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

About Chili getting rid of Dig.........

lol.

I bet he was going for STAB.

XDD

But um guys, Pansear can learn Solar Beam. Mine had an Egg Move of it. XDDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post

lol.

XDD

Pansear can also learn it from SolarBeam TM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post

lol.

XDD

Dig isn't all that important. I rather Solor Beam too because of the power compared to the other.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Dig isn't all that important. I rather Solor Beam too because of the power compared to the other.
    Well yeah I know. I was just pointing out how Chili, trying to help his Gym Leader record, got rid of a move that super effective against a foe type. XDDDD It's something I could picture him doing anyway. XDD

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    What if Pansear can learn Hyper Beam?

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    I don't really understand what you're getting at...

I really liked this episode; what a good addition to showcasing more of Chili himself with his personality. We don't get a lot of these gym leader episodes, so it's good to have some spotlight of Cilan's brothers.

Not too bad of an episode, but not one of my greatest favorites. 7/10

Also, did no body catch Iris not saying "What a Kid!" to Ash this episode? Finally, no long going streak of that line.
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 28th April 2012 at 11:18 PM.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Chili and Pansage are awesome, I love the episode, think they are my favorite gym ''leaders''
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    It was alright. Not the best episode ever, but good for a time killer.

I think Chilli should make Pansear learn dig. Solar beam is great, but it's not great for avoiding water attacks, something dig is.
    If you watched the dub version, you would know why. I mean, Cilan DID tell Iris when she asked why he didn't suggest a defensive move.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I really liked this episode; what a good addition to showcasing more of Chili himself with his personality. We don't get a lot of these gym leader episodes, so it's good to have some spotlight of Cilan's brothers.

Not too bad of an episode, but not one of my greatest favorites. 7/10

Also, did no body catch Iris not saying "What a Kid!" to Ash this episode? Finally, no long going streak of that line.
    I didn't catch it because I don't usually pay much attention to that anyway.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

This was an okay episode, though nothing too special. The animation was pretty off at times.

Let's see... It was amusing to see Ash ref a battle, and to hear Iris tell him to stop being a cheerleader. He's such a kid.

Fire trainers sure like being mean to their Pokemon... Tepig's trainer, Charmander's trainer... And now Chili. Not that Chili was anywhere near as mean: it was cute to see him make up with Pansear. But it just seems like fire type Pokemon can be pretty unlucky in the anime. It was amusing when Iris pointed out that Chili had a "short fuse": very punny. Oh, and Chili had to have been really mad for a long time if he made it all the way to this city. Such a kid.

I thought it was pretty obvious Chili needed something other than a fire-type move for Pansear. Very obvious. What gym leader wouldn't be able to figure out basic type coverage? Anyway, I'm the proud owner of a solarbeam-enabled Ninetails, so I was amused to see Pansear learn it. I also liked the training montage he went through. (Never did explain why a Pokemon suddenly forgets one move once it learns another, though.)

When the gang had their arms stretched out, eyes closed, leaning back in the sun, I was waiting for someone to come by and ask if they're in a cult or something. But I guess that isn't Pokemon-style humor.

And I knew Chili had to win the last battle for the sake of the story, but I was surprised Ash and Oshawott didn't even try reflecting the beam like they did back at the gym.

Overall, I liked how we got to know Cilan and his bros a little better. It was a good episode, though nothing jumped out at me too much.
    Last edited by ForgottenPearl; 10th June 2012 at 1:56 AM.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Is it just me or did Rock Tomb come out of the blue.. I dont remember it. Anyways, it was nice seeing the secret lives of gym leaders, and of course, Striation IS my favorite, so a reappearance is GREAT Qwaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Swagsire View Post
    Is it just me or did Rock Tomb come out of the blue.. I dont remember it.
    It did, it came out of nowhere.

....and now, her story begins.

^ Well technically, Rock Tomb didn't come out of no where. That's physically impossible, it came from the same place Pansage uses his other attacks.

---

Rewatched this one. <3 Pod and Corn reminded me of the Hitachiin twins...XDDD This episode is one of the more deeper episodes for Dento, which was nice. It was also sweet of him to comment at the end that it wasn't just about doing his job as a "Pokemon Sommelier" but instead it just came natural to help him out because he's his brother. :3

This was a really good Cilan episode, and I liked that he helped his brother improve his battling and taught him what he was doing wrong. I liked the part when they noted that Chili and his pansear act a lot alike. LOL

9/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Ugh lame episode again. The only somewhat good thing about it was Pansage's new move Rock Tomb. But he could have easily learned it in a less boring episode where Oshawott doesn't get beaten to a pulp./
    e

It was nice to see Chilli again. I loved how Chilli and Pansear both have similar personalities.

Loved this episode. I really liked Chili's hot headed, short fuse personality. In real life, I'd find someone like that to be really obnoxious, but for whatever reason I found Chili's personality to be really... cute. :3 Guess I just really like him (and all the Striaton leaders for that matter).
    Also liked how Chili was eating a whole bunch of donuts after running away from Ash & co. Oh, and the fact that he and Pansear share so many characteristics was pretty cool, too.

Since the first Pokémon episode I had seen for a long, long time was one featuring Bianca and Elesa, I hadn't seen other Striaton City Gym leaders before so that way I enjoyed this episode. It was rather funny how Chili and Pansear were so alike and it was also nice to see Cilan doing his routine as Pokémon Connoisseur. I hadn't seen that before as well and I don't really even understand what being Pokémon Connoisseur means but after this episode I kinda get it better (and, the word "connoisseur" was also unfamiliar to me but now I checked and they have translated it literally in the Finnish dub and it sounded kinda strange). Cress' voice was also a bit weird in the Finnish dub but I can live with that since he only appeared for a short time. It was also like how the episode focused on the relationship between the brothers and also Chili and his Pansear. And it was also funny to see Ash as judge Anyway, it was a pretty good episode but I'm already waiting the battle with Clay and the awakening of the weather trio!

This was an OK episode .... It's nice to see Cilan helping his brother Chili, so he can get better at battling.
    Pansear learning Solarbeam was nice too, Chili and Pansear both got good character development in this episode.
    I guess the writers made Ash lose the battle for showcasing the new move of Chili's Pansear.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Saw this episode again today and it was quite strange to see it now that the BW series is finished in Japan and nearly over elsewhere.

One thing that really struck me was what Cilan says when he is trying to convince Chili to learn a new move. He says that Chili's Pansear knows Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Fire Punch and Flame Charge, all of which rely on STAB (ok, he doesn't mention STAB, but that is the essence of his agument - a fire type that knows nothing other than fire type moves). He then goes on to suggest having Pansear learn Solar Beam in order to counter Pansear's weakness to water - countering your pokemon's weakness.

Cilan then, for some inexplicable reason, goes on to state that he learned to think this way from travelling with Ash and watching him battle. But at that point in time, none of Ash's Unova pokemon knew moves that would be effective against a type they were weak to and, aside from a few knowing Tackle, only Pikachu, Roggenrola and Scraggy had any moves that were not STAB related. Even at the end of the series Ash's pokemon still show this flaw, with only Krookodile, Boldore and Palpitoad really being exempt (Pikachu and Chaizard should proably count to, I suppose, but then they always were that way)- aside from Tackle all of Oshawott's moves were water type, Pignite's moves were fire and fighting, Snivy's were grass, Scraggy's were fighting (with the exception of Headbutt), Unfezant's were normal and flying and Leavanny's were bug and grass.
    Even when it comes to moves for use against pokemon you are weak to, only Krookodile, Boldore and Palpitoad do this - Krookodile with Aerial Ace for fighting and bug types, Boldore with Rock Smash for steel types and Palpitoad with Sludge Wave for grass types. The rest don't stand a chance when faced with a type they are weak to.

The only way in which what Cilan says he learned from Ash makes any sense is if what he leaned from Ash was "what not to do".

Anyway, rant over. I just thought Cilan's comment was weird.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345