Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated threats

Default Underrated threats

IMO, Underrated threats are good to have on a team, as you can surprise the opponent (e.g. SpDef Skarm, Specs Hydreigon/Chandelure, etc.).

Honestly, I have no idea why nobody uses BandNite. It absolutely rips holes once Steels have been removed. It can 2HKO anything that doesn't resist Outrage that isn't named Cresselia. Even physically defensive Hippo is 2HKOed after SR and Lefties.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Huh? Band Nite is used all the time. All the power of Band Salamence but with added bonus of Extremespeed and near immunity to being wiped out in one hit.

Lucario seems to be underrated. LO + 4 attacks is nearly impossible for most teams to safely switch in on especially with most Gliscor not running as much speed now.

Choice Specs Hydra, most people tend to use Latios, but Specs Hydra w/ good support wrecks everything, and it evades counters thanks to U-Turn

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Maybe not underrated, but Scarf Latios tends to surprise people when I try it, especially when it's a Latios-on-Latios war. Sacrificing some power, but at least you're rarely losing the speed war.

I have claimed Giratina

Scarf Heracross, duel 120 base power stabs, access to stone edge, EQ, and night slash. Anything that's weak to its stabs, which is a lot of pokes, get destroyed by it.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

For some reason I seem to not see any Metagross around lately, and I think it does really well with Choice Band. It also acts as a nice suprise Pursuit to Pokemon that aren't really expecting it from gross..
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

Tanagrowth. I never used one myself, but I started seeing it more the higher I climbed the ladder. It's was pretty annoying, especially with regenerator.
    Huh? Band Nite is used all the time. All the power of Band Salamence but with added bonus of Extremespeed and near immunity to being wiped out in one hit.
    I usually just see DDnite, it's much more popular. I've only fought bandnite maybe three or four times.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Honestly, I'm not sure why people don't use Slowbro more. It's an absolute monster. Beside being arguably the best viable counter to Terrakion, it has great bulk further supplemented by reliable recovery and an amazing ability in Regenerator. It has also has good base 100 Sp. Atk to deal some damage after it takes a hit.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

Speaking of Slowbro, I've been having success with good old-fashioned CroCune. It also got an upgrade this generation with Scald, which helps it take more physical hits after burning opponents. Having Rest also lets it absorb other statuses. It also has better defensive stats, defensive typing, and more base speed than Slwobro. Pressure can also annoy your opponents. Given the higher number of mons with an immunity to Water and more phazing moves like Dragon Tail, however, it still has its ricks and is definitely best saved for the later stages of the game.

I have claimed Giratina

I can list some:
    Infernape
    Gyarados
    Hydreigon
    Salamence
    Slowbro
    Breloom
    Mienshao
    Porygon2
    Kyurem
    Lucario
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Ever had a sweeping Vaporeon? It tears up teams in rainy weather. I will not specify anything, but with Hydration+Rest, you can heal up to PERFECT health every time you take a beating and can sweep HARD. It's speed is a problem, but other than that, it is an underrated threat.

Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Dragon Dance Crawdaunt

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Dragon Dance Crawdaunt
    I disagree. Terrible HP and special defense, and it's defense won't be winning it any metals. A fighting weakness doesn't help either, and it can't force very many swap outs. It'll have too much difficulty setting up.

It's also outclassed by Gyarados, as it has more bulk. Sure, adaptability means more damage, but Gyarados will find a million more opportunities to set up, and potentially do more damage with moxie. It can also be bulky with intimidate.
    Ever had a sweeping Vaporeon? It tears up teams in rainy weather. I will not specify anything, but with Hydration+Rest, you can heal up to PERFECT health every time you take a beating and can sweep HARD. It's speed is a problem, but other than that, it is an underrated threat.
    Don't you mean tanking? Sweeping hits hard and fast, tanking is taking hits, then doing a lot of damage in return.

Scarf Haxorus. Not many People use it, but it acts as a great revenge killer to multiple things, the honorable mention being a DDNite at Full Health (Mold Breaker).

I don't know if anyone uses it, but Choice Band Virizion is very great anti-lead in a post-Deoxys metagame.

Virizion@Choice Band
    (+Spe, -Def)/Justified
    252 Att/4 SpAtt/252 Spe
    -Close Combat
    -Leaf Blade
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -X-Scissor

the Leads
    1) Politoed- Leaf Blade
    2) Rotom-W- Leaf Blade
    3)TTar- Close Combat
    4) Ninetales- Close Combat
    5) Scizor- Close Combat if I survive U-Turn/BP, but mostly switch
    6) Dnite- Hidden Power Ice 2HKOs
    7) Ferrothorn- Close Combat
    8) Heatran- Close Combat
    9) Jirachi- Close Combat
    10) Mienshao- Close Combat
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Smack down landorus. I haven't seen many around lately, and with sand force boosting the power of EQ, and smack down & u-turn forcing switches, it is an underrated threat IMO.

~ Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the stunning banner <3

Spoiler:- Latios Recolour:

I don't see why Salamence isn't used as much. It has almost no safe switches on its mixed set

Sceptile is pretty underrated. Its mediocre Attack can be fixed with a Swords Dance and after that, it's pretty good.
    - Leaf Blade
    - Earthquake
    - Acrobatics (With Flying Gem and Unburden)
    - Rock Slide

Leaf Blade STAB. Earthquake hits Steels and Fire. Acrobatics hits Bugs, does insane damage, and doubles Speed after used. Rock Slide hits Flying types.

Quote Originally Posted by destructo View Post
    I don't see why Salamence isn't used as much. It has almost no safe switches on its mixed set
    People usually choose Dragonite for it's ability.
    Sceptile is pretty underrated. Its mediocre Attack can be fixed with a Swords Dance and after that, it's pretty good.
    - Leaf Blade
    - Earthquake
    - Acrobatics (With Flying Gem and Unburden)
    - Rock Slide

Leaf Blade STAB. Earthquake hits Steels and Fire. Acrobatics hits Bugs, does insane damage, and doubles Speed after used. Rock Slide hits Flying types.
    Among some players, it's kind of overrated, IMO.

I want to see how many OU pokemon it can handle, and how many it can set up on. Until someone shows me a good amount, I'm going to be convinced it's not underrated.

Sure, it's attack can be "fixed" with swords dance, but with it, you can't use all four of the moves you listed.

Destructo has a point though, salamence in the area of mixed attacking, and is not seen very much anymore. Mence may be outclassed by Dnite in a Ddance set, but mence is the far greater mixed attacker.

~ Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the stunning banner <3

Spoiler:- Latios Recolour:

Quote Originally Posted by shoey View Post
    Destructo has a point though, salamence in the area of mixed attacking, and is not seen very much anymore. Mence may be outclassed by Dnite in a Ddance set, but mence is the far greater mixed attacker.
    I never said Salamence wasn't underrated, I was just saying why it's not seen as much.

I've been using Salamence since the beginning of Gen 5, and it's always worked for me.

Mix Virizion... Close Combat / Giga Drain / HP Ice / Work Up.

^i hate that guy! he screws my rain team over

Specs Hydregon is a beast i love using him. He is amazing in subway.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I can never seem to see specs Hydregon coming, when it comes in my air ballon heatran, I over predict and keep it in on focus blast.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Speaking of Slowbro, I've been having success with good old-fashioned CroCune. It also got an upgrade this generation with Scald, which helps it take more physical hits after burning opponents. Having Rest also lets it absorb other statuses. It also has better defensive stats, defensive typing, and more base speed than Slwobro. Pressure can also annoy your opponents. Given the higher number of mons with an immunity to Water and more phazing moves like Dragon Tail, however, it still has its ricks and is definitely best saved for the later stages of the game.

Well most of us don't use things like pokesav or want to soft reset in front of Suicune for a couple weeks praying for a bold nature with good IVs. Also, as for a defensive wall I like Slowbros typing a little better for the fighting resistance and Slack off over rest. I know Suicune is essentially immune to status and Slowbro is very weak to it, but I still like using Slowbro on my team instead, mainly because I don't have access to a Suicune because the synchronizing natures on stand still legendaries doesn't work till 5th gen.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

I've messing with a modest/rash (+sp.atk/-sp.d) draco plate hydregion, with earthquake or eath power for heatran. It doing just a lot better then I excepted. Draco plate bluffs specs really well and I feel one of hydregion's main selling points as great pokemon is his excellent move pool coverage with just wanting to hit really hard. Not getting pursuit traped like latios, is always a plus. The only dragon you want/can to be outspeeding is haxorus, and he's normally adamant.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/30ll07b.gif[/IMG]
    So I'm really evil apparently

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast