Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated threats

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    Neither of Dark or Dragon are hit super effectively by the absurdly rare Flying type. Hydreigon also has the movepool advantage, with things like Dark Pulse and Earth Power for offense, while having U-turn for scouting. Salamence has none of those three attacks, 15 less Special Attack, and a weakness to Stealth Rock.
    1st My bad I meant fighting which is pretty common.
    2nd Special sweeping Hydreigon is not under rated its over rated.
    3rd.Hydreigon is predictable if you compare it to Salamence(I don't mean it isn't strong or difficult to counter(I use it a lot and it wreaks havoc) what I mean is that Hydreigon almost always runs special sets and as it's physical sets are less impressive while Salamence can not only run a fully operating special set with perfect coverage(Hydro pump is Salamence counter for Heatran which is the only thing that block fire and dragon) but can also run half a dozen other sets so you can never trully predict it.)
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by Kalslaffin View Post
    I dont know if anyone really wants to hear about NU pokes, but Cacturne in my opinion is underrated. Ive used him in my UU sand team before and ive actually swept with the swords dance, sucker punch, seed bomb, and substitute set. with sand veil and lefties recovery, he`s actually very effective. After a swords dance with 252 attack EVs and an Adamant nature he hits 722 attack. And if they miss because of Cacturne being in sand (which my arguement is he`s underrated in sand), then Cacturne gets a free 120 power after stab sucker punch off, which when non resisted and coming from 722 attack wont feel too good.
    Not really. Low speed and defenses are a terrible combination. 70/60/60 defenses are terrible, and it is very slow to make that worse.

I think it's outclassed by Bisharp, at the very least.
    2nd Special sweeping Hydreigon is not under rated its over rated.
    There are a lot of people that'll try and convince you Latios is better in every way.
    1st My bad I meant fighting which is pretty common.
    So? Ferrothorn is also x2 weak to fighting. That thing still makes an amazing physical wall.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Bisharp is UU, Cacturne is NU like he said

EDIT- The whole point is to abuse Sucker Punch, which ignores speed anyways

I chase the dream, not the competition.

^But he was talking about UU battles. Reread the post.

Yeah, it ignores speed, but you're going to rely on that alone? Sucker Punch does help to make up for that problem a bit, but it's not enough to make a pokemon good.

There are a lot of people that'll try and convince you Latios is better in every way.
    Fire Blast
    No Pursuit Weakness(A resist actually)
    Latios- 80/80/110 to Hydra's 92/90/90
    U-Turn to avoid Counters
    Focus Blast to beat T-Tar and Sp.Def Tran w/ Specs

No, it itsn't outclassed, both have niches over the other

EDIT- Yea, re read the post, srry bout that

and if you oppo is scared of a +2 Sucker Punch, most run sub to set it up as oppo is pissing themselves over a Sucker Punch. Thats how you have to play w/ Sucker Punch mons, most run sub since it has such low PP, and as they attempt to stall, you set up a SD/Sub

in RU its can be decent, though it's scared of Honchkrow, but it can work

in UU, naw, Bisharp is better in everyway

I chase the dream, not the competition.

^I said people will try to convince you that, not that I think so.

I use Hydreigon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ^I said people will try to convince you that, not that I think so.

I use Hydreigon.
    Yea, they both have their seperate niches. Hydreigon has better dual STAB's and pursuit resistance, but is kind of slow without scarf set. Latios is initially faster and has more power, but is weak to pursuit. They're different. Underrated poke=Rotom-C.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

^But he was talking about UU battles. Reread the post.

Yeah, it ignores speed, but you're going to rely on that alone? Sucker Punch does help to make up for that problem a bit, but it's not enough to make a pokemon good.
    I said I've used him on my UU sand team and actually swept with him. And yeah sucker punch isn't super reliable, but if the opponent wants to boost or switch, you have substitute and swords dance, so if it's predictable you can set up. Cacturne behind a sub with a swords dance under his belt is very hard to take down. Especially in NU. I know Cacturnes got crappy defense, but with a boost or two a 120 power priority move (after stab) is hard to stop.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

Choice band Dragonite and Choice Scarf Latios.

Double Dance Haxorus
    Double Booster Terrakion
    DD Gyarados
    Gengar
    Scouting Rotom-W
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

^You do realize this is underrated threats, right?

Sleep Talk Gyarados. With intimidate, it can make a nice physical wall and with dragon tail, it can also counter dragon dancers rather well.

Uh.all the pokemons you mention are overused, and Rotom-w is in the top 5 usage. I would hardly call them underatted.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Just because a pokemon is in OU doesnt mean it isnt underrated.
    Take a look at mence for an instance:
    Ever since Dnite got Multiscale everybody say Dnite is a better DD'er even though Mence isn't stoped by Skarmory,outspeeds every non scarfed poke after 1DD and it looks awesome.
    But yeah underrated pokes?Sawsbuck without a question(chew)
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Well, I do feel that we should steer away from mentioning OU pokes in general.

And yeah, I've had some success with Sawsbuck on a Sun team. Good answer to Venusaur.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by D.Gray Man View Post
    Just because a pokemon is in OU doesnt mean it isnt underrated.
    Take a look at mence for an instance:
    Ever since Dnite got Multiscale everybody say Dnite is a better DD'er even though Mence isn't stoped by Skarmory,outspeeds every non scarfed poke after 1DD and it looks awesome.
    But yeah underrated pokes?Sawsbuck without a question(chew)
    Dragonite isn't stopped by Skarmory, the standard D-nite carries Fire Punch...

It's better as a bulky DDer, while mence is one for offensive. I've also been fighting more salamence then dragonites lately, so I wouldn't call it underrated.

But still, none of those sets were underrated. Look at them again.

Butterfree. It got quiver dance yet smogon hasn't posted one move pool for it(for the last 3 gens if I remember correctly.) It also gets 97.5% accurate sleep powder. It should be at least UU.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Butterfree. It got quiver dance yet smogon hasn't posted one move pool for it(for the last 3 gens if I remember correctly.) It also gets 97.5% accurate sleep powder. It should be at least UU.
    It's stats and typing sucks, and Venomoth has that to, along with baton pass.

Speaking of which, Venomoth might be an underrated baton passer.

Expert belt Latios, idk if its still uncommon but when i used to use it a couple of months ago it was, others would i assume I had on a choice item and thinking they had a free turn to switch accusing me of cheating somehow...

Porygon-Z @ Normal Gem
    Trait: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid (+Spd, - Atk)
    - Tri Attack / Hyper Beam
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge / Charge Beam
    - Psyshock / Psychic

STAB Tri Attack + Adaptability + Normal Gem obliterates almost anything that isn't a Ghost type or Chansey/Blissey. Even bulky Pokémon can be OHKO'd if they don't resist it. Hyper Beam is kinda the same thing, but just a hell of a lot stronger with recharge (But at least recharge is better than charging up first). Ice Beam and an Electric move get coverage. Discharge is a bit weaker than Thundrebolt, but it has a 30% chance of paralyzing which makes up for the power loss. Charge Beam is the weakest, but has a 70% chance to raise the Sp Atk stat. Psyshock KOs most Fighting types, but Psychic can be used to do more damage to Conkeldurr.

This Pokémon has been doing a good job on my team since yesterday.

Sawsbuck, is nice, and unpredictable, most have Megahorn, Jump Kick, Nature Power, and Horn Leech, but it can also run Return, Thunder Wave, Leech Seed, and Aromatherapy.

It's a shame it couldn't learn Flame Charge.

I think Slowbro needs more credit in OU. It tanks physical hits like it's his job (well, it actually kinda is) and it just doesn't want to die between Leftovers, Regenerator, and Slack Off. Roserade is also good as far as anti-Rain goes, and the utility it can offer as an offensive TSpiker and Sleeper is pretty nice. Zapdos is also as good as ever, and I'm hoping that more people will realize that now that Thundurus has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I think Slowbro needs more credit in OU. It tanks physical hits like it's his job (well, it actually kinda is) and it just doesn't want to die between Leftovers, Regenerator, and Slack Off.
    Agreed two of Slowbro's better sets are trick room or calm mind with Slack off, and for the last two moves any combination of Psychic/Psyshock, Scald/surf, Flamethrowe/Fire blast, or Ice beam.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    STAB Tri Attack + Adaptability + Normal Gem obliterates almost anything that isn't a Ghost type or Chansey/Blissey.
    Choice Scarf basiclly does the same thing except you get locked into 1 move but the boost stays after the 1st attack, and works on all of its moves(although that makes it into an entirely different threat.)

It's stats and typing sucks, and Venomoth has that to, along with baton pass.
    Still It should have at least 1 move set for this gen but it hasn't gotten a mention in the last 3.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

sub charge beam lanturn. wrecks ****. gg.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Sawsbuck, is nice, and unpredictable, most have Megahorn, Jump Kick, Nature Power, and Horn Leech, but it can also run Return, Thunder Wave, Leech Seed, and Aromatherapy.

It's a shame it couldn't learn Flame Charge.
    just ****ing lol'd at this. there is a reason he has CHLOROPHYLL and SWORDS DANCE, who the hell runs megahorn when you can OHKO a **** load from +2 STAB return.

just ****ing lol'd at this. there is a reason he has CHLOROPHYLL and SWORDS DANCE, who the hell runs megahorn when you can OHKO a **** load from +2 STAB return.
    I also agree that SD is better then Megahorn, though it would have some difficulty setting up. I guess that it could use a Choice Band, but Return would be better then Mega Horn.

I personally used Swords Dance/Nature Power/Return/Horn Leech, though Jump Kick could be used over Nature Power so that it can hit Ferrothorn.
    sub charge beam lanturn. wrecks ****. gg.
    Eh, I'd personally use Magnazone.
    Still It should have at least 1 move set for this gen but it hasn't gotten a mention in the last 3.
    That's because it's stats and typing suck far too much.

Edit: Life Orb Zoroark has worked rather well for me. Naive, 252sp.att, 252speed, Night Daze, Focus Blast, Flamethrower, Sucker Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    there is a reason he has CHLOROPHYLL and SWORDS DANCE, who the hell runs megahorn when you can OHKO a **** load from +2 STAB return.
    I dunno...under the sun Flame Charge would have been viable, but that is neither here nor there

Lopbunny can be a pain sometimes because she can paralyze, confuse, and attract you. Granted she is best paired with someone who has follow me. Anyone ever notice that none of the bulkier Pokemon have Follow Me?
    You see I am simply one hell of a Nobody

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast