Thread: Unusual teams

Default Unusual teams

Hey, I faced a dual weather team on pokemon online today (hail/sandstorm) while I used my sandstorm team. It was an unexpected team, that I nearly lost to (mandibuzz to the rescue in hail).

Anyways the point of this thread is to post about unusual teams you faced competitively and talk about them, have fun!

^Credit to Anakbae^

Sand / Hail is cool because it uses Abomasnow but I think Rain / Sand works better. Politoed with either Scarf or Specs is very strong and Tyranitar has infinite uses. Abomasnow pretty much can only run a Scarf set. Ninetales sucks on its own too so its not worth using unless on an ACTUAL sun team.

Dual weather teams have the advantage of running things that like both weather (Steel types, Gastrodon etc) and completely dominate in controlling the weather. Not sure how actually viable it is as I've never used one but any team that can call itself "Team Black Rain" wins toughness points.

I've seen some teams in the Doubles RM that have zero reliance on setting up things like weather and TR and Tailwind. All they rely on is the basic type advantage/disadvantage wheel and proper team building. Oddly enough, they manage to do pretty well just using the basics.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

I never faced it but a trick room hale team has potential(seen it on youtube.) Reuncilus is a new pokemon that gives it a serious advantage.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

I tried out a dual weather team, the made a RMT. It was rain and sand. On toad apI prefered the specs set.

I ran into a team of all F.E.A.R pokemon, It was an easy scizor sweep.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Sun stall while not inherently unusual, is to say the least unorthodox. I use it to win all of the PBC OU tourneys (which I know isn't saying much AT ALL, but its fun making all of the top PBC players tear their hair out trying to beat my sun stall). It has much more potential than it is given credit for.
    "The strong did what they could, the weak suffered what they must." -Thucydides

I made a team revolving around the move belly drum. Half my team had it.

It wasn't my greatest team, but it worked surprisingly well with the right support.

imo, I think having a another weather abuse poke is better. Like say having Kingdra on a sandstorm team as it helps against rain teams

I think a team only made to stall is a weird team as they are unpopular and mostly rely on residual damage to finish off the enemy i currently am building one

CO Spreadsheet
    Credits to Sworn for the Banner

I'll admit, Rain/Sand teams are actually pretty neat. I've also heard some success with Sun/Sand, although Sun abusers like Venusaur often fall apart on those kinds. I do not recommend Rain/Sun, although I suppose a couple of things like DNite and that weird Rain sweeper Volc set could do just fine. Hail...well, it's best to not try to pair Hail up with anything.

Besides that, I've seen some really strange Baton Pass chains in my time. Some of them are so terrible yet to effective that it occasionally makes me rethink my stance on Baton Pass in OU...