Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Levi Tran is a Goddess

Default Levi Tran is a Goddess

Introduction:

Hello my name is Dragonuser, and this is a team that i have made with the help of my friend, Theebay707 . We are here today to post our team to try and get it better since Deoxys-S is now banned from OU. We both reached 1400+ CRE before Deoxys-S was banned and we feel like we can now get higher on the ladder, especially with help from team raters. Lastly this team needs a tad bit more explanation. The name for the team came from Pure, cuz tht crazy girl deflowering guy is in love wit her. Also TheBluePorygon gave some contributions to the team.

Team Building Process:

So one day i was talking to Theebay707, and we were talking about how underrated HP Fire Latias is, and how great it fits into the current metagame. One of Latias's biggest counters, Scizor, is often all an opponent has to deal with Latias and is easily handled by a nice and easy HP Fire. We then decided to make a team around her.

Next we started to think about Latias's counters and what would stop it from sweeping a team. We realized that its biggest problems would be dragons, Blissey/Chansey/Special wall, and Tyranitar. We eventually decided on Conkeldurr and Heatran to deal with these checks to latias.

Then, we decided to spam Volt-Turn with the wonderful core of Rotom-W and Scizor. Which would help us keep some momentum up and check a few pokemon along the way.

Then, we seemed a little rain weak, bar Rotom-W and Latias, so we decided to use Celebi. Celebi would act as a better pokemon to check rain and opposing Rotom-W, Scizor, and Lucario.

We then realized that we weren't using Conkeldurr as much, I asked my Smogon tutor, AndViet, to take a look at the team because we didn't know what to replace Conkeldurr with. He said that we should replace Conkeldurr with Deoxys-S to lay down spikes and add a little coverage.

But since Deoxys-S was recently banned, Bay and I decided to come up with a pokemon that can be a great sweeper, early game or late game, and we both decided on Lucario.

After tons of testing, between myself and Theebay, this is what we settled on.

After rates from OblivionIX and NWO(on smogon) and from DM123 on Serebii bay and I eventually decided to swap lucario out for a scarf terrakion and a cb scizor. Although we were sad about losing cs Scizor, we decided that this was the best way to handle our threats.

Closer Look:

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split

This rotom is a part of the glue that can hold our team together. Its insane bulk and power allow it to shrug of countless hits and make cores like scrotom much more manageable. Rotom also provides momentum which is very valuable for a heavy offence team. Originally an expert belt was used over leftovers to try and get the surprise factor, but rotom seemed to die too easily so leftovers were used instead. This allow more longevity, and thus more reliability. The EV's are used to maximize bulk, while power isnt lacking. Hydro pump and volt switch are standard staples for rotom-w. Thunderbolt is used to make sub ddgyara much easier to deal with, and also can nab a few more vital kos against rain teams as it provides substantially more power than volt switch.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - X-Scissor

Terrakion was suggested to us over lucario to handle some of our major threats better. Terrakion provides a reliable counter to volcarona and dd scrafty. Being able to outspeed scrafty even after +2. The EV's and nature are to maximise his speed and attack, so he can check countless more pokes. The moves are fairly standard as he gets his dual stabs in Close combat and stone edge. Earthquake and X-Scizzor provide valuable coverage.

@ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Originally we were using a scarf scizor here, but with the addition of CS terrakion, we decided that two scarferswere redundant, and it would be best to revert to the standard cb set. This set is reliable, and packs an insane punch. The EV's allow maximum attack, while giving him decent bulk as well. The moves are standard, I cant say in words how useful scizor is. He provides vital momentum and priority, and should never be taken lightly.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Earth Power
    - Psychic

Celebi is a complete monster. Often I enjoy spamming Psychics early game to make people think that Celebi is walled by Heatran, arguably Latias's biggest threat. No one expects a Nasty Plot Celebi + 3 attacks, and think they can comfortably Roar / Fire Blast us out, only to be nailed by a +2/+0 (both KO :P) Earth Power. The EVs allow Celebi to out-speed Dragonite and OHKO with a +2 Psychic after rocks, Lucario, and Heatran.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Lava Plume
    - Protect
    - Roar

Specially defensive Heatran, in my opinion, is its best set. This Heatran checks so much of the metagame and provides valuable resistances for our team. The EV's maximize his bulk, while limiting SR damage. His main role on our team is to alongside with Latias, is to counter sun. Stealth rocks + Roar is a very dangerous combo for sun, as many teams use Forretress as there spinner and don’t have an opportunity to spin away the rocks.

@ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Recover

The whole reason we decided to make this team. Calm mind Latias is a wonderful pokemon to use this gen, and has rarely failed us. Thanks to HP Fire, Latias can check a lot of the things that can check it such as Skarmory, Forretress, and Scizor, giving us a little boost in momentum when they lose their one counter to Latias. The EV's are that of a bulky latias, as with celebi lacking recovery latias may be neccesary to take some stab water moves.

Importable:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Recover

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    - Stealth Rock
    - Lava Plume
    - Protect
    - Roar

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Celebi @ Life Orb
    EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Earth Power

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - X-Scissor

TheBluePorygon helped in the early phases of this team
    Changes are in Bold
    Last edited by dragonuser™; 18th December 2011 at 8:29 PM.

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Offensive Threat List:
        Spoiler:- Offensive Threat List:
    Last edited by dragonuser™; 13th December 2011 at 1:28 AM.

credit to EG and extroph

Defensive Threat List:

Spoiler:- Defensive Threat List:

credit to EG and extroph

Awesome to see someone else who uses Scarfed Scizor. So underrated, but so effective.
    Anyways, I'd switch Lucario's Air Balloon for a Life Orb. Believe me, the extra damage is worth it. Other than that, it seems pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblade97 View Post
    Awesome to see someone else who uses Scarfed Scizor. So underrated, but so effective.
    Anyways, I'd switch Lucario's Air Balloon for a Life Orb. Believe me, the extra damage is worth it. Other than that, it seems pretty good.
    The main reason we decided to run air baloon is to make pokemon like gliscor/landorus easier to deal with. but nevertheless i will keep LO in the back of my head

credit to EG and extroph

Nice team, i just saw bay post it on smogon and came over here to *actually* post a rate.

that being said tbh i don't have that much to say, except that hp fire latias is one of my fav pokes ever (ever since an extremely bad team experiment that i won't get into) and that you are both wonderful people for building a team around it.

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    Nice team, i just saw bay post it on smogon and came over here to *actually* post a rate.

that being said tbh i don't have that much to say, except that hp fire latias is one of my fav pokes ever (ever since an extremely bad team experiment that i won't get into) and that you are both wonderful people for building a team around it.

also yea he wanted to post smogon(since he couldnt post in serebii lol)

but thanks for the compliments

credit to EG and extroph

Yeah I agree scarf scizors is very underated but im sure it gets the job done. This team is great I dont see eneything wrong with it. Whats your record for this team so far? Is that you in that pic at the top?

HG fc:0132 0664 3881 @ savior
    BLACK fc:3095 8852 9856@ paul

PaRtY BoYz!!

Normally Scarf+Priority is a no-no, but on Scizor I understand the reasoning. Occa berry might be a good substitute for it, since you seem to think fire is a big problem, and its threats listed would have problems retaliating, but I'm rambling.

I like the team. Good job.

time for real rate , C/P'd from my post on smogon, but i felt like putting it here too so yeahh

okay, hp ground volc is seriously a ***** to this team, but thats already in your threatlist :\ standard volc is also a huge problem here, if they run dugtrio or if heatran goes down. flame charge tran also rapes your team if they carry hp grass. scarftran with hp grass is pretty bad too but most run hp ice so thats not really such a big problem. basically you have a sun weakness. adding a sash+stone edge dugtrio would deal with a lot of your problems but i don't really see how to fit it in here. if you want to run sash duggy as a counter to said threats then a spinner is also necessary. you could run a starmie over your rotom but you would lose the volt switch momentum and the valuable rotom+scizor core. idk how to work it in well ;/

props for 3:3 steel

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by noob21 View Post
    Is that you in that pic at the top?
    No that's Levy Tran lol
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by noob21 View Post
    Yeah I agree scarf scizors is very underated but im sure it gets the job done. This team is great I dont see eneything wrong with it. Whats your record for this team so far? Is that you in that pic at the top?
    havent really kept a record wit the team, but both theebay and i have easily peaked mid 1400's wit the team. Then we lowered our ranking testing out deoxys-s's replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer_Red View Post
    Normally Scarf+Priority is a no-no, but on Scizor I understand the reasoning. Occa berry might be a good substitute for it, since you seem to think fire is a big problem, and its threats listed would have problems retaliating, but I'm rambling.

I like the team. Good job.
    weird enough i had occa berry on scizor earlier, but later dropped it for band(on my version of team). I wanted more power, while bay wanted speed.

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    time for real rate , C/P'd from my post on smogon, but i felt like putting it here too so yeahh

okay, hp ground volc is seriously a ***** to this team, but thats already in your threatlist :\ standard volc is also a huge problem here, if they run dugtrio or if heatran goes down. flame charge tran also rapes your team if they carry hp grass. scarftran with hp grass is pretty bad too but most run hp ice so thats not really such a big problem. basically you have a sun weakness. adding a sash+stone edge dugtrio would deal with a lot of your problems but i don't really see how to fit it in here. if you want to run sash duggy as a counter to said threats then a spinner is also necessary. you could run a starmie over your rotom but you would lose the volt switch momentum and the valuable rotom+scizor core. idk how to work it in well ;/

props for 3:3 steel
    thanks :] but wouldnt duggy make me more open to threats like conk/ scrafty

credit to EG and extroph

I see nothing wrong with this team, where as Scizor can handle the DD Scrafty with faster and enough power to at least get it to 30% then have something else handle it.

Most Recent Shiny!

MyAnimeList
    3DS FRIEND CODE:4983-5418-8982 | IGN: Colby
    Friend Safari:
    Self Obtained Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonuser View Post
    havent really kept a record wit the team, but both theebay and i have easily peaked mid 1400's wit the team. Then we lowered our ranking testing out deoxys-s's replacement

weird enough i had occa berry on scizor earlier, but later dropped it for band(on my version of team). I wanted more power, while bay wanted speed.

thanks :] but wouldnt duggy make me more open to threats like conk/ scrafty
    Sounds great!

HG fc:0132 0664 3881 @ savior
    BLACK fc:3095 8852 9856@ paul

PaRtY BoYz!!

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Ice] - Covers Grass since it's weak to it, and Dragons.
    - Pain Split

Lucario (F) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Ice Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Celebi @ Leftovers
    EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Earth Power
    - Psychic

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Lava Plume
    - Protect
    - Roar

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Roar - Works more better for it's weaknesses.

Changes in Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by acetrainerelliot View Post
    Changes in Bold.
    Thanks but dragons arent that big of a problem for our team, and rotom wont be hitting grass types hard enough. It would just be better to volt switch out to another poke to handle the pokes.

Also latias NEEDS recover to tank those water type moves as celebi lacks recovery. Also recover is vital for latias to set up

credit to EG and extroph

As for your Scrafty problem, Scizor can handle Dragon Dance Variants to an extent, as long as there's previous damage done to Scrafty. Superpower should do a lot to it, enough for Luke to Revenge Kill with ES.

EDIT: I saw what you did there.
    Last edited by Eaglehawk; 12th December 2011 at 3:20 AM.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Can I steal your thread list?

Btw, on Rotom you can swap HP Grass for HP Ice to cover Grass weakness.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post

hp grass is very important; otherwise gastrodon will just come in and abuse this team if celebi is gone.

Credit: Sworn MetalHead

Very well made team, I cannot think of any problems

Can't find any flaws.
    Best OU team i've seen on serebii.

This team is poopy, my team poops all over it (smirk)

Great team you guys(since Thee is banned, tell him I <3 the team) I think I battled this team once, and i swear i lost to hax, that or i won, idr. But this is a great team, and this should be moddled for future use on this site

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    As for your Scrafty problem, Scizor can handle Dragon Dance Variants to an extent, as long as there's previous damage done to Scrafty. Superpower should do a lot to it, enough for Luke to Revenge Kill with ES.

EDIT: I saw what you did there.
    That is true, it just has trouble ohkoing, due to lack of immeadite power. Scrafty is manageable, but difficult(like almost all of the threats)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post

sure boi

also I'm actually dropping the HP's for thunderbolt, to make sub dd gyarados much less threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by destructo View Post
    Very well made team, I cannot think of any problems

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    Can't find any flaws.
    Best OU team i've seen on serebii.
    :]

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster123 View Post
    This team is poopy, my team poops all over it (smirk)

Great team you guys(since Thee is banned, tell him I <3 the team) I think I battled this team once, and i swear i lost to hax, that or i won, idr. But this is a great team, and this should be moddled for future use on this site
    yea im pretty sure i used this team on u in its early stages(its changed alot since then <3) but thanks for all the compliments guys :]

Also just so everyone knows, I am testing a scarf gyarados over scizor to cover weakness to conkeldurs, scraftys and volc+ duggy combos. So far its going well, although it does leave me more open to scarf/ rp terrakion.
    Last edited by dragonuser™; 13th December 2011 at 1:23 AM.

credit to EG and extroph

Overall this was a very good team you guys made. A few things I wanted to say. I know you put this on your threat list, put a DD Tyranitar would rip apart your team, if you lost Scizor. Lucario might be good, but once T-Tar has +1, its usually sweeping time. Also, I think a Scarf Latios would hurt your team. If they it had Surf, HP Fire, Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt with a scarf, I can see it coming down to some predictions. Thats all I have to share, for now

Great job guys!

DD Points: 117 DD Record W:2 L:3 Pokemon Y FC: 2681-0401-2278

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTerror View Post
    Overall this was a very good team you guys made. A few things I wanted to say. I know you put this on your threat list, put a DD Tyranitar would rip apart your team, if you lost Scizor. Lucario might be good, but once T-Tar has +1, its usually sweeping time. Also, I think a Scarf Latios would hurt your team. If they it had Surf, HP Fire, Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt with a scarf, I can see it coming down to some predictions. Thats all I have to share, for now

Great job guys!
    thanks for the rate greek ,

DDttar does seem slightly troublesome, but i can easily fake the band/ feign the bullet punch to either force him to switch/be kod by superpower. but nonetheless, i always play cautiously against tht guy.

scarf latios tbh isnt too threatening, due to lack of immeadite power, heatran can even take 2 or 3 surfs(if im not mistaken). Also if he simply locks himself into the wrong move, i can use him to set lucario up or pursuit with scizor. Although i must admit it comes down to prediction slightly, but even if i predict wrong, heatran(my general counter) can take a hit and protect it off.

credit to EG and extroph

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast