Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Creation Story

Default Pokemon Creation Story

How were the things in the pokemon world created? Here's my story:

Arceus created the universe. He also makes Dialga, Giratina and Palkia. They create time, anti-matter and dimensions. Then he makes the lake guardians. Mew is created by Arceus, then makes the other legendaries and regular pokemon. Groudon and Kyogre make the land and water respectively, Regigigas moves the continents and creates the rest of the
    golems (?), Rayquaza makes the ozone layer, and Cresselia and Darkrai are formed out of good and bad dreams (?).

I'm not sure how Mew could be the ancestor of all Pokemon if this is true, though.

What do you think?
    Burn, baby burn

Pokemon wasn't meant to make sense. It's like the Zelda timeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Bulbapedia actually has put together a fairly comprehensive timeline of the pokemon world, including the creation, based in information found in the games. You can read it here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._Pokémon_world

My thought is that Mew was the force in creating Arceus, who created the rest of the world, and at one point in history, Magikarp was a legendary Pokemon.

Who created Mew or Arceus if they created space, time, and everything contained by those dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    At one point in history, Magikarp was a legendary Pokemon.
    He was a rare legendary pokemon. Then Magikarp was cloned too many times by Serebii trade forum users and he became as common as your everyday Weedle.

And as for the proposed creation story:

1) I feel like you need to break the creation stories up according to the regions, since Zekrom/Reshiram appear to be credited for creating the Unova region separately from the Arceus/Palkia/Dialga myth in the other regions.

2) I still think that Mew, not Arceus, is responsible for the creation of all the different types of Pokemon - as Mew is supposedly the 'ancestor' of all pokemon - though I'm not entirely sure how that would work.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTimmy View Post
    l still think that Mew, not Arceus, is responsible for the creation of all the different types of Pokemon - as Mew is supposedly the 'ancestor' of all pokemon - though I'm not entirely sure how that would work.
    It's possible that Mew was there first, and got bored and created Arceus, and then Arceus created everything else. And remember, we don't know if Arceus actually did create the world, even ingame that's just a myth. All we know for sure he's capable of is Immense Power and Creating Dialga, Palkia, and Girantina. Not saying it's not possible that he isn't the creator of everything, it's just something to keep in mind. Personally, I think that Mew is the genetic anscestor of all/most pokemon, while Arceus is the one who designed the universe itself, meaning that Arceus created Mew. Another possibility I'd consider is that since every pokemon has supposedly evolved (In the Darwinistic sense, not the pokemon sense) from Mew, it's possible that one Mew became more powerful than the others, became Arceus, and created the known universe.
    Last edited by Asbestospoison; 14th December 2011 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    We don't know if Arceus actually did create the world, even ingame that's just a myth. All we know for sure he's capable of is Immense Power and Creating Dialga, Palkia, and Girantina.
    Well, all of the origin stories in Pokemon are just a myth - that's what pokemon history is based upon. Myth.

Even characters in-game have hinted at the fact that these 'god pokemon' may just be powerful pokemon that were misinterpreted as 'gods' by early man. In Platinum, Cynthia makes the comment that:

"To the people back then, those Pokémon really must have appeared to rule over time and space. Seeing them must have shaken the people to their very core. This painting represents those feelings of awe, wonder, and everything else."

So maybe none of these pokemon are responsible for creating the universe (Arceus), pokemon (Mew), the sea (Kyogre), the land (Groudon), etc.

Dalgia was wrongly pegged as a 'god' of time simply because his pokemon powers give it the ability to warp time by either speeding it up, slowing it down, or stopping it altogether. It doesn't actually create, or rule, time.

Palkia was wrongly pegged as the 'god' of space because of its ability to warp space. It doesn't actually create, or rule, matter.

So, maybe because these pokemon had such an impact on time/space/etc. with their pokemon powers that they were incorrectly labeled as "creators" by primitive man - much like greeks and romans believed that lightening and floods were created by individual gods.

If that is the explanation for these origin stories, then I support Johto and Kanto are the least primitive regions, as they do not confer 'god-like' status upon their legendaries (Zapdos isn't the 'god of lightening'; Lugia isn't the 'god of the sea'). The legendary pokemon in those regions are (correctly) viewed as strong pokemon that can manipulate fire/ice/electricity/sky/water/etc. but NOT as gods in some origin story.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

I don't know about u guys, but I don't really like the idea that a kid can control and cage up god

Quote Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
    I don't know about u guys, but I don't really like the idea that a kid can control and cage up god
    That's kind of beside the point, although it does raise the question as to how Arceus can be captured if it is all-powerful.

Also, Mew is never said to be directly responsible for the creation of pokemon, but rather that all modern pokemon are descended from Mew. Mew was just the first Pokemon.

1) I feel like you need to break the creation stories up according to the regions, since Zekrom/Reshiram appear to be credited for creating the Unova region separately from the Arceus/Palkia/Dialga myth in the other regions.
    Actually, Zekrom and Reshiram were under the control of two heroes who lived in Unova. I don't know the entire story, but I'm fairly certain that they didn't have anything to do with the creating of Unova. They may have been the first to establish civilization in Unova, though.

Quote Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
    This is an excellent point. I'm even wary of the idea of leaving a Dragonite, Metagross, or Hydregion in a kid's hands.
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Who created Mew or Arceus if they created space, time, and everything contained by those dimensions?
    you could say this in the real world for most religions as well.

my opinion is that Arceus created the universe, and Mew was the first habitant of the world.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    Pokemon wasn't meant to make sense. It's like the Zelda timeline.
    *goes on to rant about split timeline theory*

ALthough I propose Pokemon has a similar split timeline. In one Arceus created everything, in the other everything was already there, then Mew, then everyone else. Although if Arceus created the universe, and Mew created all Pokemon... then... hm. :/

thanks adam you da best
    average bi whos ready to try
    formerly blastoiseboy19

The way I see it, Arceus came first and created the world with the help of Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina. It then created a single species of pokemon, Mew, which populated the planet and over billions upon trillions of years, the Mew species split and evolved into all the currently existing species of pokemon besides Arceus, Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina, which already existed.

That being said, pokemon like Kyogre and Groudon didn't create the land and sea (otherwise, there wouldn't be a world for them to evolve in) but they can control the weather in order to manipulate these forces. I don't know where to place Zekrom and Reshiram in all this, though. I suppose they created only the Unova region, possibly from a previously uninhabitable area of the earth.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    The way I see it, Arceus came first and created the world with the help of Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina. It then created a single species of pokemon, Mew, which populated the planet and over billions upon trillions of years, the Mew species split and evolved into all the currently existing species of pokemon besides Arceus, Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina, which already existed.

That being said, pokemon like Kyogre and Groudon didn't create the land and sea (otherwise, there wouldn't be a world for them to evolve in) but they can control the weather in order to manipulate these forces. I don't know where to place Zekrom and Reshiram in all this, though. I suppose they created only the Unova region, possibly from a previously uninhabitable area of the earth.
    But how would Mew be the ancestor of ALL the Pokemon? And I hope one of the future games includes a legendary Magikarp!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    But how would Mew be the ancestor of ALL the Pokemon? And I hope one of the future games includes a legendary Magikarp!
    Mew is a common ancestor. As it evolves, different factors such as separation of different parts of the species can cause them to evolve independently of each other and develop into different pokemon over time. This is where all the different animal species in our world come from, by the way. There's a scientific theory that predicts that all species on earth came from a common ancestor, since we all share numerous traits, such as the way we use DNA and RNA to create proteins. All living things do this, so it only makes sense that we all developed from a single organism. Same thing with the pokemon world, except replace that common ancestor (which was likely a microbe) with Mew.

And seeing as Magikarp evolves and is able to breed, it's not likely to ever become a legendary pokemon.

^ Click this for good times ^

Which came first, mew or arceus?

Quote Originally Posted by destructo View Post
    Which came first, mew or arceus?
    The Egg.
    ...I mean Arceus. Supposedly, according to the books in Sinnohs library, Arceus came out of some kind of cosmic egg, and then decided to make Dialgia, Palkia, Girantina, and the lake trio, who formed the universe or something. Mew is just the pokemon equivalent of primitive Homosapiens, except it's not dead yet.

How I see it:

Arceus creates dialga, palkia, and giratina to help shape the universe. The four create Earth. Kyogre, groudon and rayquaza are created to manage sea, earth and air respectively.

Time passes. Non-legendary pokemon begin to roam young earth. Arceus creates plants for herbivores and a solution to clear air. Aquatic pokemon are created.

More time passes. Regigigas are enlisted to pull the continents. In the process they created the 3 regis to help. Aquatic pokemon leave the ocean once the continents are pulled. Ho-oh spread sunshine to help plants and pokemon.

Humans are created. Azelf & co are created to guide them through life. Some of the regis protect the humans from danger. Current legendaries fall into a deep slumber.

After the ice age, humans spend a great deal on language. Unown and bronzong help develop written language.

Civilization begins. Humans banish regis for fear of their power. Bronze tower is made. Ho-oh, entei & co. live there until it is destroyed. Entei & co. die, and are reincarnated, albeit much weaker. Meloetta teaches people to sing. The Tao trio teach of truth and ideels, the Kami trio help farmers and the swordsmen help protect pokemon.

Lugia helps create the bird trio to help further control weather, but is soon after banished to sea.

Mew resides with arceus, as it's created as a vessel for all existing pokemon, should a total wipeout occur.

(don't take this seriously, because I didn't)
    Arceus' mother, then Arceus, then the triplets who don't get along, then the other triplets who live in the lakes.

Then Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem to balance the universe (Yes, I think they're related to Arceus somehow)

Then Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza shaped the earth.

Then came everything else that lived on that earth. To me, Mew is nothing more than an early species and has no real place in the story of creation.

But everyone has Arceus.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Arceus hatches from an egg created by random matter formations. It creates time and space, as well as Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina to rule over and control them. However, Giratina goes out of control and is sent to the Distortion World, an offshoot of the ordinary universe, for eternity as a punishment.

Arceus then creates an earth, as well as Kyogre and Groudon to control the seas and land, respectively. However, they fight often, so Rayquaza is created to control them as well as the sky.

Other Pokemon are created at this time: Mew populate the world; Regigigas pulled together the continents for Groudon; and Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf control feelings.

Over millions of years, as the land changes and new places are explored, different families of Mew gradually evolve into their current habitats, so as to make life easier. Eventually, we get the Pokemon we have today.

^Credit to RulerOfUnova

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    But everyone has Arceus.
    Mines the real one...

Question And what was Magikarp's role in this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4C60ai3ZxI

Spoiler:- SPOILER:

By the way, is Magikarp related to Feebas?

You know, I find it very weird that we are discussing the theology of something that doesn't exist and never will. I think that like real theology, it will be better to just stop trying to analyze it because you are probably never going to find out. Game Freak shouldn't have made God-like pokemon, if you ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast