Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo eShop Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    All I have to do is insert the SD card from a digital camera, right?
    In theory, yes. In practice, no: buy a dedicated SD card for the 3DS, if you don't have the one that came packed in with the system.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Just picked up Dream Radar and Shinobi for the game gear...any thoughts on what else I should pick up?..(already have pushmo and crashmo)
    Black 2 friend code: 2065-7310-3529
    Black friend code: 0390-2794-7640
    3DS friend code: 0774-4855-2711

Heads up. An emergency maintenance will take place next Monday.

Scheduled Maintenance

Wii U / Nintendo 3DS
    Every Monday from 12PM - 4PM PST (1PM - 5PM PDT)

Wii / Nintendo DS
    Every Monday from 11PM to Tuesday 3AM PST (Tuesday 12AM - 4AM PDT)

The maintenance window for the following service and title are different from the above:

Wii Shopping Channel / Nintendo DSi Shop
    Every Monday from 12PM - 4PM PST (1PM - 5PM PDT)

Wii "Golden Eye 007"
    Every Thursday from 2AM - 8AM PST (3AM - 9AM PDT)

Emergency Maintenance

From Monday, January 28, 2013 11:00 PM
    - Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:00 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:
    - Nintendo DS
    -- Network Services
    Pokémon Black Version
    Pokémon White Version
    Pokémon Black Version 2
    Pokémon White Version 2

From Monday, January 28, 2013 5:00 PM
    - Monday, January 28, 2013 6:00 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:
    - Wii U
    Match Making, Ranking, etc.
    Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

From Monday, January 28, 2013 12:00 PM
    - Monday, January 28, 2013 5:00 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:
    - Wii U
    Nintendo eShop
    - Nintendo 3DS
    Nintendo eShop
    - Wii
    Wii Shopping Channel
    -Nintendo DS
    Nintendo DSi Shop

*During the emergency maintenance, parts of the affected services
    may be intermittently unavailable.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I really hope they improve the 3DS VC! I would love to have GBA games on the 3DS as well as being able to enjoy some fun SNES games or MAYBE even N64 on the go!
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

How much is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game going to cost in the e-shop?

$39,99, just as always.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons are both coming to the 3DS eShop I can finally try those games out after hearing so much about them!
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon49 View Post
    Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons are both coming to the 3DS eShop I can finally try those games out after hearing so much about them!
    I know this was announced for Japan, but when was it announced for the NA?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

^IIRC It was announced for the West through the Legend of Zelda Miiverse community on Wii U.
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I know this was announced for Japan, but when was it announced for the NA?
    Aonuma announced them through Miiverse over our side.

But he said it would take a while for them to come over here.

So I haven't been paying much attention to the Wii VC as of late. Mostly because releases seemed to slow down drastically around 2010.

But apparently games are still being released for it. SNK has been releasing new VC on a semi-regular basis since 2012 with the latest release being a little over a week ago. Some other publishers like Sega have also been still releasing stuff. Even more surprising is that the 40MB limit has been thrown out the window and we are getting games like ****ing Last Blade 2.*

So what's the deal with the Virtual Console right now anyway? There's going to probably be some shift over to the WiiU soon, but all I know about that is how they are going to handle games you already own, no hints about new releases. (other than GBA games being available) I don't even have the slightest idea about 3DS VC as it seems to be a mish mash of GB games, NES and Game Gear games. I am kind of hoping for more systems to be supported.

*Yeah, someone here, probably Grumpy Old Man (or possibly BCVM22) said that game wasn't going to get a release. Well it did and I am pretty hyped.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    So what's the deal with the Virtual Console right now anyway? There's going to probably be some shift over to the WiiU soon, but all I know about that is how they are going to handle games you already own, no hints about new releases. (other than GBA games being available) I don't even have the slightest idea about 3DS VC as it seems to be a mish mash of GB games, NES and Game Gear games. I am kind of hoping for more systems to be supported.

*Yeah, someone here, probably Grumpy Old Man (or possibly BCVM22) said that game wasn't going to get a release. Well it did and I am pretty hyped.
    There are a few original titles and some titles that are also available retail. As of now, it's slowly being promoted with a game being available for $0.30 each month for the next few months. Balloon Fight is no longer available for the price and now F-Zero has taken its spot. The old titles come with a save state and can be streamed to the tablet for off screen play.

I swear I heard that there was going to be a transfer function sometime in the future but don't take my word for it.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    There are a few original titles and some titles that are also available retail. As of now, it's slowly being promoted with a game being available for $0.30 each month for the next few months. Balloon Fight is no longer available for the price and now F-Zero has taken its spot. The old titles come with a save state and can be streamed to the tablet for off screen play.

I swear I heard that there was going to be a transfer function sometime in the future but don't take my word for it.
    Transfer function as in between both eshops? That seems to be entirely possible at some point anyways because they're wanting to better connect systems. If you search, you can even find 3DS eshop games. They point out that they are only available on it, but they wouldn't be allowing us to find them if there wasn't anything planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiis View Post
    Transfer function as in between both eshops?
    Not what he meant. He was referring to the ability - currently an inability, with no timeframe on how long it will remain as such - to transfer save data from Wii versions of Virtual Console games (currently on one's Wii U via the system transfer, but accessible only in Wii Mode) to the eventual Wii U functionality-enhanced versions of those same games, coming later this spring at a reduced price if you purchased the Wii version.

What you're suggesting makes no sense. Why would they give you the ability to play 3DS digital titles on the Wii U?

-----
    Words to|live by

I believe he may have been talking about Virtual Console titles, possibly transferring them from the 3DS to the Wii U, and vice versa.

Which still makes no sense. Where did the 3DS even enter this discussion?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Which still makes no sense. Where did the 3DS even enter this discussion?
    When I mentioned, that I have have no idea as to how Nintendo will be handling the 3DS in the future. Then Parachomp responded to me with no specification as to what system he was referring to. It was part of the discussion from the beginning.

I don't get how it makes completely no sense, since they are just ROMS both VC's have at the very least NES emulation. The question is whether Nintendo feels like it is worth implementing.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

The continuity of Nintendo's eshop between Wii U and 3DS as it stands right now is a bit questionable. Not referring to purchases transferring between the two necessarily, but at least with things like having one baseline currency that influences both consoles or even what purpose they see the eshop fulfilling. I'm hoping the Spring update will at least alleviate some issues with that.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    $39,99, just as always.
    I just checked the eshop to see if the demo was released, and the price is set at $34.99 CAD.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Why didn't they release a demo for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on the eshop, I understand not every game get's a demo but for as long as they've kept us from the game it's the least they could do.
    It's a game I've been waiting for a long while now. Guess I'll just have to wait until it's release :P
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate should definitely keep my mind off of it until then :/
    Last edited by Zyon; 7th March 2013 at 3:40 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Why didn't they release a demo for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on the eshop, I understand not every game get's a demo but for as long as they've kept us from the game it's the least they could do.
    It's a game I've been waiting for a long while now. Guess I'll just have to wait until it's release :P
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate should definitely keep my mind off of it until then :/
    I'd love to see a Luigi's Mansion demo as well. Maybe they'll indulge us and release one closer to the release date.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

I just looked on the eshop an there isn't a demo for LMM :/
    If there isn't one released by some time next week it's possible that there won't be a demo, but who know's we may get lucky.
    It's possible if they don't release a demo then Nintendo is confident that enough people are going to buy it. An who wouldn't want to play as Luigi
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Am I the only one here who is anxious for Zen pinball 2 to hit the wii U in NA? Been holding money on it for a while

Ugh...I made things horrible! This is what I was talking about!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yes, we knew what you were talking about. We discussed it a month and a half ago when the news was circulated.

If you're going to insist on posting link after link, you would make the posts considerably more palatable by actually giving some idea of what you're talking about besides just using one random word as the hyperlink and saying "that works."

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast